Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Parallax Scroll posted:

i think the lightsaber is just another flashy impractical thing like sulu's sword that forms out of nowhere. abrams likes putting that stuff in movies i dont mind

i thought it was a lil dumb but what i'm really looking forward to is the long internet rants about it from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

It looks great and you faggots can rot in hell if you think otherwise

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i never really thought i wanted a jj abrams star wars before i saw this. it looks good. certainly the best cinematography in star wars history by far

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Donald Glover/Childish Gambino better be a god drat jedi.

I wanna see him in more things.

:colbert:

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
looks like poo poo

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
hmm lovely trailer that did nothing, except show that they have star wars in a star wars movie.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I did not enjoy the Star Trek reboot, so I'm expecting Star Wars will go pretty much the same way: irrelevant and irriverant story to link together casual fan service between a few moments of hardcore fan service.

That being said, that shot of the Millennium Falcon at the end of the trailer gave me a huge boner.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
It was good and nice.

Attack of the Clones actually had the best "trailer"--it's actually the music video for the main theme. poo poo, it's probably the best thing to come out of the prequels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUtN9KSvaPs

I remember watching it dozens of times in 2002 and thinking no way could epidose 2 be as lovely as episode 1.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
It looks like it'll be fun.

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.

PlotDevice posted:

Man the Falcon is still missing the radar dish nice loving job Lando. :argh:

No, Lando replaced the dish with some junky Radio Shack model hoping Han wouldn't notice.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why wouldn't that sith just use cortosis for the handguard? Someone is just going to cut off the innermost part of it.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
soccer ball droid in the beginning what was the point why evil person in evil space woods.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

TOILETLORD posted:

soccer ball droid in the beginning what was the point why evil person in evil space woods.

do you not get the point of a teaser you dumb bitch??

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

The only thing I thought was a bit crappy was the voice-over.

Sounded a) like the guy was trying too hard b) like the Khan teaser for ST:ID and we all know how that turned out.

But gently caress me that was some drat good Falconage :fap:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Doflamingo posted:

do you not get the point of a teaser you dumb bitch??

showing that things that are 30+ years old is in your movie isnt much of a teaser.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
My kids are two years old now and will be, I don't know, maybe six by the time this trilogy is over... So I guess for them this will be "their" Star Wars. Better this trilogy than the prequels, I guess :/.

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp
The droid looked cool and not made of fake cgi. The lightsaber is dumb. Everything else looks cool.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Who did the voiceover cos it sounded like eggs benedict crumblybunch

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
"THE LIGHTSABER LOOKS DUMB!!!" -- All we will be hearing from internet fats for the next year

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
the first half of it looked like a fan video

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Mike Brown didn't die, he was cloned and became a stormtrooper.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

When did it become established that every new star wars movie needed a new configuration of lightsaber?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

VelociBacon posted:

When did it become established that every new star wars movie needed a new configuration of lightsaber?

When people would not shut the gently caress up about Darth maul.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Mike Brown didn't die, he was cloned and became a stormtrooper.

Hands up for peace #handsupdontshoot

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The only thing I'm not all that crazy about is the soccer ball R2 unit. It just looks weird and won't make a good toy. Like I don't even get how it's supposed to function since the head is rattling around while it's rolling, yet it's supposed to be connected by magnets or some poo poo. Magnetic forces don't cause rattling.

The R2 Unit shape is too iconic to ever be replaced though so they're bound to make more figures of those.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

The only thing I'm not all that crazy about is the soccer ball R2 unit. It just looks weird and won't make a good toy.
Oh, hello George Lucas sock.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

When people would not shut the gently caress up about Darth maul.

Darth Maul's was OK imo, as in it made sense. It was basically a staff instead of a sword.

This one though... ugh. Laser hilt-guards???

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also that light saber with the weird hilt thingies, those aren't blades they're like exhaust ports. What you're seeing is the Nerd Sith Equivalent to overclocking. You see they made their lightsaber more powerful by amping up the crystals which distorts the blade slightly and to keep it working it's gotta expel excess energy. Because if it didn't it would explode.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 28, 2014

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
so is this trailer real or what? because the last trailer I remember looking like this was that legend of zelda movie trailer that was an elaborate april fools' day prank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBCzkz3gHb8

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The lightsaber thing was indeed retarded as gently caress but as someone who gave up on Star Wars around Episode II I'm more amused by the people bending over to try and excuse it as "just stupid silliness" because they can't bear to admit that even 1% of this trailer might be dumb. I mean I like plenty of poo poo that I'll defend and rationalize but when it comes to the genuinely stupid or lovely aspects of them I'll own that full stop, but all I've been seeing on the internet are people :goonsay:-ing the lightsaber or people rushing breathlessly to its defense because :qq: OH MY GOD NEW STAR WARS :qq: .

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The bad guy sith dude who looks like he's about to cut down a few white walkers beyond the wall, is apparently going to pretty much be the Sorceress from Diablo 3.

Meaning every time they're on screen you're going to see lights and explosions everywhere.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Cautiously optimistic about it, I'm sure I'll see it a few times in the theater if it's even remotely good.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That Falcon shot was cool gently caress you nerds you're not going to shut the gently caress up about the lightsaber until the movie comes out are you

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

Darth Maul's was OK imo, as in it made sense. It was basically a staff instead of a sword.

This one though... ugh. Laser hilt-guards???

i dont think it's that hard to get, it's supposed to look like a medieval knights weapon. so i guess he's gonna be fighting more like that rather than kendo like in empire strikes back

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

The Taint Reaper posted:

The only thing I'm not all that crazy about is the soccer ball R2 unit. It just looks weird and won't make a good toy. Like I don't even get how it's supposed to function since the head is rattling around while it's rolling, yet it's supposed to be connected by magnets or some poo poo. Magnetic forces don't cause rattling.

The R2 Unit shape is too iconic to ever be replaced though so they're bound to make more figures of those.
R2 will be in the new film, too. Hell, according to IMDB they've even roped Kenny Baker to be stuffed into that metal bin once more.

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

Robo Reagan posted:

That Falcon shot was cool gently caress you nerds you're not going to shut the gently caress up about the lightsaber until the movie comes out are you

It's going to be a really bad movie.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Even ISIS are arguing about the lightsaber.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Robo Reagan posted:

hmm yes a 3d computer generated model with a funny camera angle behind it is what the falcon shot was, it looked like something stolen from michael bay.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

AceClown posted:

Who did the voiceover cos it sounded like eggs benedict crumblybunch

Andy Serkis I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

this movie looks good and i'm very excited to see it now.

• Locked thread