Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Sherman had 2 catches on 5 targets, Brandon Lloyd had one catch on 6 targets

Start Sherman at WR???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Note: never tailgate with 49ers or Seahawks fans

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I hope SF loses to Oakland next week.

Me too.

One thing that struck me about yesterday's game was that for basically every passing play the Seahawks ran that wasn't a screen, they had Wilson immediately roll outside instead of stand in the pocket. Meanwhile the Niners are busy trying to turn Kaepernick into Peyton Manning. They would be so much better off, especially with this OL, just getting Kaep out on the move where at least he has a better chance to make plays with his legs.

But basically yesterday went exactly as I expected it too and it's time to jettison the entire offensive coaching staff into the sun.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

tailgating with wheeze would sound pretty rad actually

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Note: never tailgate with 49ers or Seahawks fans

Good alcohol and good food? Ugh sounds like the worst.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Wait a minute. It took my brain several hours to register what this picture is actually representing.

I'm assuming this is a Richard Sherman Production (TM). You mean he had a Thanksgiving feast prepared and brought it out to midfield after the game and munched on some turkey in the middle of the vanquished foe's field?

Holy poo poo, Conan the Barbarian has nothing on this, and it makes every elaborate end zone celebration and sack dance ever fade into insignificance. That's some Noble Prize level trolling right there.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It was an NBC production. They do it every year.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's pretty hilarious to see a team just chowing down at midfield on an archrivals field tbh. Especially when it involves a guy like Sherman where there are some hard feelings.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Zwabu posted:

Wait a minute. It took my brain several hours to register what this picture is actually representing.

I'm assuming this is a Richard Sherman Production (TM). You mean he had a Thanksgiving feast prepared and brought it out to midfield after the game and munched on some turkey in the middle of the vanquished foe's field?

Holy poo poo, Conan the Barbarian has nothing on this, and it makes every elaborate end zone celebration and sack dance ever fade into insignificance. That's some Noble Prize level trolling right there.

What is best in life?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

Ah, well then. So I guess the victors have turkey with the NBC crew. Seems a bit odd to have it at midfield though.

Still awesome, I guess the mere presence of Sherman makes it a troll. The "Breakfast Club" shot of Tiny Football God walking off the field clutching his drumstick like a club rules.

Zwabu fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 28, 2014

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

I'm not a fan of wine but tailgating is about getting hammered and devouring as much food as you can. I don't care if it's cabernet sauvignon and amuse-bouche or some shittty pilsner and a brat. loving glut out like a true Merican.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bad Moon posted:

I'm not a fan of wine but tailgating is about getting hammered and devouring as much food as you can. I don't care if it's cabernet sauvignon and amuse-bouche or some shittty pilsner and a brat. loving glut out like a true Merican.

Something Niners and Hawks fans can agree on.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Spoeank posted:

Douchey alcohol and douchey food. gently caress silicone valley, gently caress apple, gently caress Santa Clara, but most importantly, gently caress myself as I drive off the Golden Gate Bridge listening to Free Bird as the 49ers beat the Packers in the playoffs again.

I'm as free as a bird now

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 28, 2014

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
These people were seen tailgating in the van their hired driver brought them in, wine cooler in the back

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Do it ironically posted:

These people were seen tailgating in the van their hired driver brought them in, wine cooler in the back

This letter to the editor is one of my favorite things in football history. It's just so unbelievably humiliating.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Point Reyes Station is full of rich white douches and is about two hours from the stadium. I hate that loving letter so much because they're the kind of assholes who complain about everything on earth as a hobby and it makes 49ers fans look so, so bad.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Point Reyes Station is full of rich white douches and is about two hours from the stadium. I hate that loving letter so much because they're the kind of assholes who complain about everything on earth as a hobby and it makes 49ers fans look so, so bad.

It was the ghost of Bill Walsh that wrote that letter, wasn't it?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Douchey alcohol and douchey food. gently caress silicone valley, gently caress apple, gently caress Santa Clara, but most importantly, gently caress myself as I drive off the Golden Gate Bridge listening to Free Bird as the 49ers beat the Packers in the playoffs again.

I'm as free as a bird now

Well gently caress you too buddy. :colbert:

I'll take Chivech instead. And really, using fans? Talk about a low hanging fruit.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 28, 2014

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

I hope these 2 are married and she wouldn't take his name and they are extremely liberal yet live in an all-white enclave and they talk about floral notes and mouthfeel when they drink, and she pegs him often. All likely to be true.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

African AIDS cum posted:

What is best in life?

To crush Kap's confidence, to see the drive end in 6, and to hear the lamentations of Jim Harbaugh!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Shindragon posted:

Well gently caress you too buddy. :colbert:

I'll take Chivech instead. And really, using fans? Talk about a low hanging fruit.

I wasn't hugged as a child. Please hug me

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

DOOP posted:

Hey Dez, I feel I should tell you something

cheapest moment of the whole game

Forget Eagles/Cowboys, that game was one of he cleanest I've seen from anyone all season. Besides the Harris hit there were barely any penalties and as far as I could tell nobody was injured, not even out for a few plays. It was a good game.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

I hope these 2 are married and she wouldn't take his name and they are extremely liberal yet live in an all-white enclave and they talk about floral notes and mouthfeel when they drink, and she pegs him often. All likely to be true.

tell us more about your fetishes

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
of all the things for hawks fans to bash niners fans on, yuppie techie culture seems a little too glass-housey

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

shiksa posted:

of all the things for hawks fans to bash niners fans on, yuppie techie culture seems a little too glass-housey

Seahawks fans are blue collar proles from Issaquah and the latte sipping transplants either don't like sports or are fans of the team where they grew up

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
wine at a tailgate is only acceptable if there is also beer and liquor and tons of food including at least one thats messy as poo poo ie ribs, pulled pork, sloppy joes, sausages with tons of toppings, wings, etc. thats my take imo

eat drink repeat until physically unable then stumble to your seats right before kickoff

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If I ever go tailgating again, I'll bring a box of franzia to be as slightly classy as possible. Maybe I'll do the Carlo Rossi challenge while I'm at it.

African AIDS cum posted:

Seahawks fans are blue collar proles from Issaquah and the latte sipping transplants either don't like sports or are fans of the team where they grew up

Um, not sure you've been to Issaquah lately, but that's where all the rich tech nerds that work Bellevue end up living at. The blue collar zones are Kent / Renton and Everett (all the Boeing machinists).

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Seattle's tech nerds all follow the Sounders instead.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

seiferguy posted:

If I ever go tailgating again, I'll bring a box of franzia to be as slightly classy as possible. Maybe I'll do the Carlo Rossi challenge while I'm at it.

tour de franzia

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Um, not sure you've been to Issaquah lately, but that's where all the rich tech nerds that work Bellevue end up living at. The blue collar zones are Kent / Renton and Everett (all the Boeing machinists).

I haven't been through there in 15 years brother

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

gohuskies posted:

Seattle's tech nerds all follow the Sounders instead.

In my experience they wear sonics gear because then they can pretend to like sports without having to actually watch or go to a game. They also have no idea who kemp or payton are

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

African AIDS cum posted:

I'm a seattle tech yuppie and cheer for the seahawks :/

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Sweeper posted:

I'm a seattle tech yuppie and cheer for the seahawks :/

Where did you grow up?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

African AIDS cum posted:

Where did you grow up?

Philadelphia

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Sweeper posted:

Philadelphia

Did you move to Seattle for work? why do you not root for the Eagles.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

wheez the roux posted:

Yeah and I root for both, can't not support the hometown team.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

wheez the roux posted:

He can't throw a battery to save his life

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
People who are complaining about wine at a tailgate clearly didn't go to a college with a strong enough football program that the richest boosters throw insane garden parties directly in front of the stadium. Those people don't drink Miller.

Still insanely pleased about this week's thread title, and the inexorable slide of the Cowboys to 8-8 with nothing they can do about it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If I were to move to a new city I'd take up the local teams as my 2nd rooting interests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Badfinger posted:

People who are complaining about wine at a tailgate clearly didn't go to a college with a strong enough football program that the richest boosters throw insane garden parties directly in front of the stadium. Those people don't drink Miller.

Still insanely pleased about this week's thread title, and the inexorable slide of the Cowboys to 8-8 with nothing they can do about it.

The richest boosters in Montana drink Coors, it's pretty nice.

• Locked thread