Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
The new version has the one shot that was released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Finally was able to grab some Kallax shelves with a new move. Now to fill them up with more comics!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Can someone explain what the hell is going on with Gillen's JiM run?

Some time last year, I bought this first volume, and assumed that there would be later trades following up on it. It looks, like, instead, there are two new collected volumes:

- http://www.amazon.com/Journey-into-Mystery-Kieron-Gillen/dp/0785185577/ref=pd_sim_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZMDGBSP45SES4F284DS
- http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Into-Mystery-Kieron-Gillen/dp/0785185747/ref=pd_sim_b_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1D007EMYR08NRXN8WDQZ

I guess I'll just throw out my newly-redundant original trade and replace it with these two? Or are there further smaller trades I can't find? :psyduck:

e: oh, just looked at the suggested items for that Fear Itself trade, and I guess that those are the follow-ups for it. Seems like it's easier to get the two-volume version, though. Marvel, why do you make it so hard to figure this out :(

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Is Hawkeye coming out in omnibus before a vol 2 OSHC comes out?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
You guys! You guys!

(I have no idea why that came out so blurry, but you get the point.)

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
My fellow goons, our long national nightmare is over. :cheers:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat it. I've been secretly buying and burning every copy I could find just to prolong his suffering.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Tales from the Crypt Volume 5 came out today, officially making TftC the first EC New Trend title completely collected by the EC Archives. I never thought this day would come. The Archives started in 2006 and looked pretty much dead a couple of times, but dedicated people have continually worked to make it happen. I'm very glad Dark Horse has taken up a half completed line and worked hard at completing it, I'm looking forward to completing the collection of Vault of Horror and Shock Suspenstories soon.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I have the rest of my Usagi books for sale over on ebay along with some other random stuff.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sporklift1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Tato posted:

Tales from the Crypt Volume 5 came out today, officially making TftC the first EC New Trend title completely collected by the EC Archives. I never thought this day would come. The Archives started in 2006 and looked pretty much dead a couple of times, but dedicated people have continually worked to make it happen. I'm very glad Dark Horse has taken up a half completed line and worked hard at completing it, I'm looking forward to completing the collection of Vault of Horror and Shock Suspenstories soon.

Me too. I'm kinda hoping they get to release a few of the New Direction releases as well. And heck, why not Moon Girl?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bought the second Hickman F4 omnibus today, this is a series I'm very pleased to have in this format.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I bought the second Hickman F4 omnibus today, this is a series I'm very pleased to have in this format.

It had been so long since I had read it before I forgot just how well he ties it all up at the end. There are a lot more references to what is going on in Avengers now that I read it again too. One minor gripe is that they didn't include Hickman's letter with the final issue. Also a surprising lack of backmatter at all.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I probably won't be able to stretch for the 2nd Hickman FF omni until the New Year, which sucks. :(

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

irlZaphod posted:

I probably won't be able to stretch for the 2nd Hickman FF omni until the New Year, which sucks. :(

I'm waiting until after Xmas for that, the Thor God Bomb HC, and the Casanova books. Partially because of the car maintenance and new phone I paid for this month, partially because of Xmas gifts I'll be buying, partially because my reading pile is too big as is.

And if I don't get the Batman 66 dvd set for Xmas, I'll be buying that, too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So this is a thing

quote:

Marvel Comics is inviting fans to revisit the classic Secret Wars stories with the Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars: Battleworld Box Set Slipcase, as the new Secret Wars event gets ready to kick off in 2015. The box set contains 11 hardcovers, spanning the history of one of Marvel’s most famous events.

The limited box sets will be released in June 2015, and come with a full-size poster of Alex Ross's rendition of the cover to Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #1!

“Our Marvel Famous Firsts: 75th Anniversary Masterworks Slipcase Set was a huge hit with fans and retailers, selling out almost instantaneously. We knew we had to follow that up with something big,” says Marvel SVP Sales & Marketing David Gabriel. “Not only do you get the entire history of Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars along with a complete hardcover jam packed with extras and bonus material, but they are all presented in one of the most stunning packages we’ve ever produced.”

Here’s the complete contents of the Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars: Battleworld Box Set Slipcase, provided by Marvel:

MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS: BATTLEWORLD BOX SET SLIPCASE is only available in extremely limited quantities, so don’t miss your chance to own a piece of Marvel history. This slipcase will arrive at local comic shops in June 2015 containing the following volumes:

MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS: TO BATTLEWORLD AND BACK PREMIERE HC
334 pgs. - collecting Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #251–252, Incredible Hulk (1968) #294-295, Iron Man (1968) #181-182, Thing (1983) #10, Uncanny X-Men (1981) #180-181, Captain America (1968) #292, Avengers (1963) #242-243, Thor (1966) #341 and material from Fantastic Four (1961) #265

MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS PREMIERE HC
328 pgs. - collecting Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #1-12

THING: BATTLEWORLD PREMIERE HC
328 pgs. - collecting Thing (1983) #11-22, and Fantastic Four (1963) #274 and #277

SECRET WARS II VOL. 1 PREMIERE HC
280 pgs. - collecting Secret Wars II #1-3, New Mutants (1983) #30, Captain America (1968) #308, Uncanny X-Men (1981) #196, Iron Man (1968) #197, Web of Spider-Man (1985) #6, Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #268, Fantastic Four (1961) #282 and Avengers (1963) #260.

SECRET WARS II VOL. 2 PREMIERE HC
296 pgs. - collecting Secret Wars II #4-6, Daredevil (1964) #223, Incredible Hulk (1968) #312, Alpha Flight (1983) #28, Dazzler #40, Avengers (1963) #261, Thing (1983) #30, Doctor Strange (1974) #74, Fantastic Four (1961) #285 and Cloak & Dagger (1985) #4

SECRET WARS II VOL. 3 PREMIERE HC
296 pgs. – collecting Secret Wars II #7-8, Power Pack (1984) #18, Thor (1966) #363, Power Man & Iron Fist #121, New Mutants (1983) #36-37, New Defenders #152, Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #273, Spectacular Spider-Man (1976) #111 and Uncanny X-Men (1981) #202

SECRET WARS II VOL. 4 PREMIERE HC
288 pgs. - collecting Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #274, Avengers (1963) #265-266, Uncanny X-Men (1981) #203, and Fantastic Four (1961) #288 and#316-319

SECRET WAR PREMIERE HC
344 pgs. - collecting New Avengers: Illuminati (2007) #3, Secret War #1-5, Pulse #6-9 and Secret War: From the Files of Nick Fury

BEYOND THE SECRET WARS PREMIERE HC
352 pgs. – collecting Beyond! #1-6, Spider-Man & The Secret Wars #1-4, What IF? (1989) #4 and #114, What If? Secret Wars, and Venom/Deadpool: What If?

MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS: BEHIND THE SCENES PREMIERE HC
360 pgs. – The secrets behind the Secret Wars! Discover everything you ever wanted to know — and more — about Marvel’s history of covert combats in this compendious collection of bonus content and special features for MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS, SECRET WARS II, SECRET WAR, BEYOND! and more! From original art to design sketches to posters to MARVEL AGE articles to OFFICIAL HANDBOOK entries to alternate and reprint covers — if this volume doesn’t have it, you don't need it! See Mike Zeck’s original pencils for MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS #1, and the original version of SECRET WARS II #1 by Sal Buscema! Learn about the shield-slinging, secret-swapping action-figure line that tied in with the comic! Savor a gallery of rarities from Marvel UK! And prepare to get nostalgic as we shine a spotlight on the original epic, thirty years on!

MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS ALEX ROSS POSTER

Hardcover: 3,568 pages

Language: English

ISBN: 978-0-7851-9751-5

On Sale June 2015!

I'm afraid of how much this will cost.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

So this is a thing

Would it not have made more sense to put the original Secret Wars omnibus back in print with extra material?

I mean, why would they --

quote:

I'm afraid of how much this will cost.

Ah, of course.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm still gonna fuckin' buy it. I mean yeah it's not oversized but that slipcase is calling my name.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I'm gonna have to donate some bone marrow or something so I deserve a treat like that

The Wreck
Aug 16, 2004

I think I brained my damage
Okay Marvel, now do one with all of Jim Starlin's cosmic books and I'll bite.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Wreck posted:

Okay Marvel, now do one with all of Jim Starlin's cosmic books and I'll bite.

$10 says we get something similar when Avengers 3 comes out. Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade, Thanos Quest and all the tie ins. Probably toss in Warlock & the Infinity Watch while they're at it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

$10 says we get something similar when Avengers 3 comes out. Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade, Thanos Quest and all the tie ins. Probably toss in Warlock & the Infinity Watch while they're at it.

I was hoping for a hardcover of his Warlock stuff and Captain Marvel.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Does the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus have all the crossover issues? Because if they're doing that, Infinity War and Crusade will be gigantic all on their own. A few volumes per, at the very least.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
This seems like the right place to ask, but does anybody have any suggestions for taking care of TPBs? A couple of my oldest ones are starting to worry me a touch.

Most of the obvious issues in this picture are minor cosmetic issues. Here my worry is along the spine, it's like that on both sides. I'm probably overly worried about it, but it seems a little flimsier than I would like, and I would be super upset if the covers fell off. What's a good way to deal with that?

And here my worry is more obvious. I'm worried that the pages are going to get loose or something and start to fall out. Has anybody here done any fixing up of their trades and know what to do?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Stop touching them? They're made of paper and glue and eventually it's going to wear out. If you want them to stay pristine stop reading them and leave them on a shelf.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

catlord posted:

This seems like the right place to ask, but does anybody have any suggestions for taking care of TPBs? A couple of my oldest ones are starting to worry me a touch.

Most of the obvious issues in this picture are minor cosmetic issues. Here my worry is along the spine, it's like that on both sides. I'm probably overly worried about it, but it seems a little flimsier than I would like, and I would be super upset if the covers fell off. What's a good way to deal with that?

And here my worry is more obvious. I'm worried that the pages are going to get loose or something and start to fall out. Has anybody here done any fixing up of their trades and know what to do?
Put 'em in hardcover! :getin: (admittedly, this is my solution to everything)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 25, 2014

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Does InStockTrades participate in Black Friday? Their prices are already low, but I wouldn't mind holding off to make this $300 order.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Barnes and Noble are having a buy 2 trades get the 3rd free, on Marvel and DC.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

redbackground posted:

Put 'em in hardcover! :getin: (admittedly, this is my solution to everything)

Sadly, I don't have Batman vs Predator 3 yet. I would like to get into binding comics someday, but at the moment I am poor as poo poo and I have none of the stuff I'd really want to bind. Besides, I know the moment I do they're going to announce a first ever release of what I'm doing.

I am tempted to bind my Batgirl trades, volume 2 is holding together pretty well, but it's a very well loved library copy and looks it.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

obi_ant posted:

Does InStockTrades participate in Black Friday? Their prices are already low, but I wouldn't mind holding off to make this $300 order.

I have contacts on the inside that say yes.
EDIT: Also that there might be more Cyber Monday stuff than Black Friday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

I have contacts on the inside that say yes.
EDIT: Also that there might be more Cyber Monday stuff than Black Friday.

I bought a ton of stuff from them on CM two years ago. It didn't hurt that they let me pick it up in store and saved the shipping.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I bought a ton of stuff from them on CM two years ago. It didn't hurt that they let me pick it up in store and saved the shipping.

I'm pretty sure anything over $50 gets free shipping now anyways. I'm a little bummed they moved to Memphis but it has cut down on my impulse buys just walking around the store.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

I'm pretty sure anything over $50 gets free shipping now anyways. I'm a little bummed they moved to Memphis but it has cut down on my impulse buys just walking around the store.

The free shipping it nice, I wondered if they were doing that these days.

The Wreck
Aug 16, 2004

I think I brained my damage

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Does the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus have all the crossover issues? Because if they're doing that, Infinity War and Crusade will be gigantic all on their own. A few volumes per, at the very least.

It has most of the crossover issues, including the Rebirth of Thanos story from Silver Surfer and Thanos Quest 1&2 which sets up the Gauntlet storyline. I haven't heard of any plans put War, Crusade or Abyss into anything new.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

The Saga Hardcover is pretty awesome. Slightly over sized and containing 18 issues. The extras aren't huge. A script, some info on the processes of covers, lettering and art, and some sketches. I really hope Prophet gets this treatment.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sporklift posted:

The Saga Hardcover is pretty awesome. Slightly over sized and containing 18 issues. The extras aren't huge. A script, some info on the processes of covers, lettering and art, and some sketches. I really hope Prophet gets this treatment.

I hope you have the Glory hardcover as it's loving hardcore as gently caress.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

The complete Little Nemo is gigantic and you should buy it:

With Hellboy Library edition for comparison:

It comes with an additional book about McCay and the strip's history, in a nice carrying case.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Who makes that?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Uthor posted:

Who makes that?

Taschen. I believe this is the first time it's all been collected in one volume, but there are so many editions over the years it's hard to tell.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I have a single volume collecting it all, but it's only slightly oversized (about the size of a Marvel OSHC) that definitely could use some cleanup (you can see the backs of the newspaper pages bleeding through from the scans). It was only $30, so hard to complain about it.

Edit: looks like my copy is from Taschen, too!
http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=66487

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I wish they had just finished the Splendid Sundays volumes, unless those two volumes cover the same content as the Complete Nemo. I can't find any information on it, so do they?

Also guess who got their Saga HC signed by BKV :smug: