Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
I bought both a PS4 and Xbone last week. Been using the PS4 mostly for Dragon Age when it up and stopped working.

The blue light came on, then immediately turned off. The good news is I took it back to Best Buy yesterday and was able to exchange broken PS4 for the GTAV/TLoU bundle, which is cool.

The bad news is 50 hours of Dragon Age are just gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you have Plus? It's not gone if you do.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Aphrodite posted:

And if you don't, you have just learned a valuable lesson :v:

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Is $30 a good price for The Evil Within or should I wait? I feel like it will be $20 soon enough.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Aphrodite posted:

I do have plus, but when I went to download my stored data online, it said I had no stored data. My only guess is I bought PSN+ after I started playing the game, so it flagged as a non-auto upload title.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

ZombieLenin posted:

I do have plus, but when I went to download my stored data online, it said I had no stored data. My only guess is I bought PSN+ after I started playing the game, so it flagged as a non-auto upload title.

:smith: Time to try a different DA class?

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 28, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Relin posted:

Are TLOU and GTA5 digital or physical copies in the bundle? I've already played TLOU and am not interested in GTA5 so I'd like to flip them if I get the bundle.

TLOU is digital but i think it's a voucher so you could still hock it.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Genocyber posted:

TLOU is digital but i think it's a voucher so you could still hock it.

It is a voucher.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Digital TLOU is still around 25$ on Amazon. so you might get that for it.

But it is a good fun game no matter how many goons want to be edgy and say its bad.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Manac0r posted:

What is framerate like on FC4? Doesn't have to be a constant 30-60fps, just not stutter like the PC port.

It does occasionally randomly stutter but very rarely. Idk, once every hour on average.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Rinkles posted:

It does occasionally randomly stutter but very rarely. Idk, once every hour on average.

Only issues I've had were during cutscenes. Not a single hitch otherwise.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

big mean giraffe posted:

Only issues I've had were during cutscenes. Not a single hitch otherwise.

It's very short - a second at most - so not an actual problem, for me anyway.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

How are the Metro games on ps4 visually? Might pick them up if they are super pretty.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm tempted to double dip on Sleeping Dogs for $30 but I already have GTA V to play through again. I kinda want Shadow Warrior but so far I only see $35.99 on Amazon.ca.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I picked up Diablo 3 and am looking to kill some demons. Are there any significantly bad classes at end game? Or do they all sort of fare pretty well?

Thinking Monk or Crusader

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007

Harlock posted:

I picked up Diablo 3 and am looking to kill some demons. Are there any significantly bad classes at end game? Or do they all sort of fare pretty well?

I just bought the PS4 version, so haven't had a chance to play any of it, but assuming it's like the PC version, Crusader is the class I had the most fun with. The skills are fun, the loot looks cool, and they seem plenty powerful at endgame.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I started as crusader and got kind of bored because its best tactic is to stand perfectly still and keep casting buffs on yourself. Monk or demon hunter involve dashing all around, that's more my style.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Snagged CoD Ghosts, Diablo, Sleeping Dogs, and Tomb Raider today.

Outta keep me busy till something new and cool comes out next year sometime.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

I started as crusader and got kind of bored because its best tactic is to stand perfectly still and keep casting buffs on yourself. Monk or demon hunter involve dashing all around, that's more my style.

Demon hunter end game is hitting drop turret button every x seconds and hiding in adjacent rooms. Its not that much action tbh.

But there's a d3 console thread

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Harlock posted:

Can't go too wrong with any of them. I found both Monk and Crusader fun but the latter has the coolest looking gear imo

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
Positive views on FC4 performance. I don't mean to be cheeky but does anyone have a spare key to Kyrat laying around? I downloaded the demo without reading the description and wanted to try it before pulling the trigger a second time (PC port, as well as stuttering, has a weird issue where when using a game pad, sections refuse to load or the map is empty with weird textures). Which is a shame as it seem perfect for sloth play (couch and a pad).

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So are there any PS+ deals this weekend?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Bombadilillo posted:

How are the Metro games on ps4 visually? Might pick them up if they are super pretty.

The videos I've seen of it looked pretty drat nice, framerate is supposedly a very solid 60 as well.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

As someone who has a relatively low tolerance for "open world" games without a cohesive narrative, would I like Sleeping Dogs remaster for PS4? I don't mind running around a bit but I'd like there to be a story tying poo poo together and not a boatload of side missions that have no bearing on anything.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Which Tomb Raider game is everyone buying? What am I missing?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Happy Hedonist posted:

Which Tomb Raider game is everyone buying? What am I missing?

The latest one. It's called Tomb Raider. It's good.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

As someone who has a relatively low tolerance for "open world" games without a cohesive narrative, would I like Sleeping Dogs remaster for PS4? I don't mind running around a bit but I'd like there to be a story tying poo poo together and not a boatload of side missions that have no bearing on anything.

Sleeping Dogs wouldn't be for you, then. Its main story barely hangs together because so much of it was cut in development.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Okay I snagged that one during the summer for $30. I agree, it is good. I was worried I was missing a sequel or something.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Happy Hedonist posted:

Okay I snagged that one during the summer for $30. I agree, it is good. I was worried I was missing a sequel or something.

There's a new top down one out in December. The sequel to Tomb Raider comes out in 2015, a timed exclusive on Xbox One.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

a shameful boehner posted:

So I haven't played Shadows of Mordor yet. Can I get it cheaper at the Best Buy down the street, or should I just jump on the flash sale?

Best Buy and Target are advertising it for $25.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Bass Bottles posted:

Is $30 a good price for The Evil Within or should I wait? I feel like it will be $20 soon enough.

I hated the game more than most games I've played (and I play a lot). I wouldn't suggest it at that price if you're just looking to play some video game. If you're familiar with the title - watch a bit of a lets play, know the criticisms of the game, things like that - and the negative stuff doesn't seem all that bad to you, $30 might still not get you every dollars worth but it wouldn't be too bad. $25 or less really would be much better for what you get and I'd be surprised if it didn't reach that price somewhere way down the road from now.

I'm certain in saying, if you passed up this deal and never found a better one, you wouldn't be missing out on anything.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

How's Shadow of Mordorss dlc. Season pass or piece meal?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I don't think there's any significant content aside from challenge maps right now.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Harlock posted:

I don't think there's any significant content aside from challenge maps right now.

Oh good to know. I guess I'll wait to see quality of first dlc. gently caress challenge maps. I blame batman.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Lothire posted:

I hated the game more than most games I've played (and I play a lot). I wouldn't suggest it at that price if you're just looking to play some video game. If you're familiar with the title - watch a bit of a lets play, know the criticisms of the game, things like that - and the negative stuff doesn't seem all that bad to you, $30 might still not get you every dollars worth but it wouldn't be too bad. $25 or less really would be much better for what you get and I'd be surprised if it didn't reach that price somewhere way down the road from now.

I'm certain in saying, if you passed up this deal and never found a better one, you wouldn't be missing out on anything.

I think this game is the one to get me back into game fly again. Rather pay them to suffer through it and get to try some other stuff.

I feel like these lesser games will be a ps+ freebie in a year or so and I will be sad if I dropped 30$ on it.

Watching the trailer on psn, boy those graphics look poo poo.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Manac0r posted:

Positive views on FC4 performance. I don't mean to be cheeky but does anyone have a spare key to Kyrat laying around? I downloaded the demo without reading the description and wanted to try it before pulling the trigger a second time (PC port, as well as stuttering, has a weird issue where when using a game pad, sections refuse to load or the map is empty with weird textures). Which is a shame as it seem perfect for sloth play (couch and a pad).
I still have some keys but I won't be around until 10:30pm EST tonight. My PSN is BarkingSquirrel1 so if you still need one then, send me a PSN message then.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Also ask in the http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3679872&pagenumber=75&perpage=40 Far Cry thread.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Manac0r posted:

I'm on PS4 and playing some this afternoon, shoot me a friend request at mAttnotgeorge and we can go take an outpost or something real quick

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Any good deals on Far Cry 4 ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Manac0r posted:

What is framerate like on FC4? Doesn't have to be a constant 30-60fps, just not stutter like the PC port.

On PS4 it's a perfect 30 at 1080p. The anti-aliasing is pretty incredible too, some of the best I've ever seen. The power lines, banners, foliage and trees are flawless. It's really one of the best looking games I've seen on console, exceptional considering how smoothly it runs.

• Locked thread