Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

gohuskies posted:

It could be made out of cortosis, you know.

Cortosis would short out any blade which hit it and that seems kind of gimmicky. If it was made of phrik or mandalorian iron it would just block it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Professor Shark posted:

The new lightsaber at least addresses the hand guard issue that lightsabers have, too bad it looks dumb as poo poo.

this is so dumb

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

dog buttz posted:

Cortosis would short out any blade which hit it and that seems kind of gimmicky. If it was made of phrik or mandalorian iron it would just block it.

yeah youre right those explanations are total bullshit. where's the science abrams!!!!

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

What's so bad about stuff looking cool. Ships don't have to be areodynamic either.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Professor Shark posted:

The new lightsaber at least addresses the hand guard issue that lightsabers have, too bad it looks dumb as poo poo.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
For those of you hating on the light-claymore, I'm sorry you are lame and/or hate fun.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Did any of the EU authors invent a reverse lightsaber where the blade is metal but the handle is made out of lasers?

If not, dibs

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Professor Shark posted:

gently caress! this is awesome

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
If I was one of those guys that decided what Star Wars things were canon I'd have made it so that only the Star Wars Holiday Special counted.

That and the one where the kids crash land on the Ewok planet and fight a spider thing.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

you can tell its a bad guy lightsaber because its red

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

dog buttz posted:

:goonsay:

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

ManMythLegend posted:

For those of you hating on the light-claymore, I'm sorry you are lame and/or hate fun.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

ManMythLegend posted:

i dont really care either way, its not really any different than any other laser sword, but it was pretty topical since we were talking about either silly sabers or dumb death stars

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

gohuskies posted:

It could be made out of cortosis, you know.

dog buttz posted:

What always annoys me about cortosis is that my first exposure to it was Zahn's Vision of the Future, and there's it's described not only as a rare material, but as one that - as dog buttz says - actually causes lightsabers to shut down upon contact. Even so, the material gets damaged by the brief touch of the blade before it disappears; it's not actually lightsaber-proof or even particularly resistant. Yet in everything else I've encountered where cortosis is used, it's just some kind of super-hard substance that lightsabers either can't cut through at all, or at least not without great difficulty. This inconsistency makes me an upset nerd !!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Sombrerotron posted:

What always annoys me about cortosis is that my first exposure to it was Zahn's Vision of the Future, and there's it's described not only as a rare material, but as one that - as dog buttz says - actually causes lightsabers to shut down upon contact. Even so, the material gets damaged by the brief touch of the blade before it disappears; it's not actually lightsaber-proof or even particularly resistant. Yet in everything else I've encountered where cortosis is used, it's just some kind of super-hard substance that lightsabers either can't cut through at all, or at least not without great difficulty. This inconsistency makes me an upset nerd !!

i literally thought it only existed because KOTOR needed a melee weapons tier below 'lightsaber'

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Sombrerotron posted:

dont get mad about eu stuff cos it even less real than the ot and prequeals.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

opus111 posted:

peep teh thread title

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Some people are mad there's a black Stormtrooper in the episode VII trailer because all the Empire soldiers were British and apparently there is no such thing as a black British guy.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
new trailer looks dope, go jj

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

FirstPersonShitter posted:

you can tell its a bad guy lightsaber because its red

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Does it fly into the sun's butt or something

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SunAndSpring posted:

Some people are mad there's a black Stormtrooper in the episode VII trailer because all the Empire soldiers were British and apparently there is no such thing as a black British guy.

Idris Elba should be a Stormtrooper.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Does it fly into the sun's butt or something

It blows up the sun with a lovely torpedo. Also it was designed by a alien who is an expy for Malcolm Mcdowell in Star Trek Generations.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i like the quillon on the lightsaber because it makes it look more like a proper sword

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SunAndSpring posted:

yeah but theres no black space british people

Mr. Bing
Oct 25, 2004

...Is it still there?

Professor Shark posted:

Mister Sir Henry Motherfucker

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I don't really like it going three ways, though. I want it to be more anime-y, so you'd have a single, wide blade coming out that was about 12-inches wide, an inch thick, and 5 feet long.

Also, him refusing to accept defeat because his heart won't allow it...

PatTwo posted:

Were there any goons or goony-like poo poo before Star Wars? I feel like Star Wars started all the problems the Internet eventually became known for.

Maybe those Edisonades that people wrote about Thomas Edison being a superscience adventuring hero?

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

JediTalentAgent posted:

I don't really like it going three ways, though. I want it to be more anime-y, so you'd have a single, wide blade coming out that was about 12-inches wide, an inch thick, and 5 feet long.
Trending on imgur

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

SunAndSpring posted:

links? I love to see some dumb racist nerds of a morning.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

also the stormtroopers in the OT were mostly (all?) americans and not british, and not everybody had the same voice

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Soulcleaver posted:

Trending on imgur

Waiting for this to come in Darth Maul style

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Wolfsheim posted:

i literally thought it only existed because KOTOR needed a melee weapons tier below 'lightsaber'
I am pretty sure that's the practical reason for cortosis' existence in so many Star Wars games, given that Vision of the Future predates KotOR by some four years I think. Maybe the stuff made its appearance before that in the card games or something though, I don't know.

opus111 posted:

But it feels so real~~~

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

ManMythLegend posted:

Yep.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This EU game would have been pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0SKu3s3Pxw

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Jabba the hutt sending "slave leia" up to boba fetts room as like a gratuity/fringe benefit and him telling her he won't cheifly b/c sex outside of marraige is wrong.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Otisburg posted:

Jabba the hutt sending "slave leia" up to boba fetts room as like a gratuity/fringe benefit and him telling her he won't cheifly b/c sex outside of marraige is wrong.

source

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Otisburg posted:

And then explaining that he hates Han Solo more than anyone else in the whole galaxy because he's a smuggler who steals things. Unlike every other smuggler apparently. And for Fett to be saying this? The guy who was so notorious that Vader had to specifically tell him NOT to disintegrate his targets and actually try to capture them?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE2XUkkpYL8

I'm hoping JJ Abrams found these guys to do the soundtrack for Episode 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Otisburg posted:

this actually happened

• Locked thread