Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
ANN or Kanzenshuu don't have anything on it so its probably fake as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Could be just one of the custom characters created from the create-a-fighter from Xenoverse and taken out of rumor proportion.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Are you telling me not a single one of you animes can read that Japaense?
calling an anime interpreter to the thread

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I am normally pretty indifferent about the specials, I just stop paying attention to the comic while they are posted, but this last page is just all around terrible. I guess it's supposed to be funny, but to me, it's just lazy and uncreative.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

e X posted:

I am normally pretty indifferent about the specials, I just stop paying attention to the comic while they are posted, but this last page is just all around terrible. I guess it's supposed to be funny, but to me, it's just lazy and uncreative.

Unsurprisingly, there's only so much you can do with loving Bojack.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I've never seen the Bojack movie before, but are these names for real? Gokua? Gohana?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Raxivace posted:

I've never seen the Bojack movie before, but are these names for real? Gokua? Gohana?

Neither have I but I am really looking forward to TFS capital P Pirate Bojack.

e X fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 28, 2014

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Raxivace posted:

Gokua is Kogu's japanese name. It's a pun, apparently, because you can merge it with other names of Bojack's crew to get the word "unjust" or something like that. Gohana is not.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The Bojack movie is pretty alright, but not because Bojack and his gang are well-developed characters or anything. In fact, things kind of get into a lull after they show up. They're just dumb meat sacks for Gohan to punch. I don't know why they're getting this much attention.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I don't like how the other movie characters are getting attention either.

Bunch of broke rear end characters.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Never saw the Bojack movie, but he sounded like a lovely villain from the outset.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The Bojack movie is pretty alright, but not because Bojack and his gang are well-developed characters or anything. In fact, things kind of get into a lull after they show up. They're just dumb meat sacks for Gohan to punch. I don't know why they're getting this much attention.

While I don't read the comic, they are probably using those characters because their backstory is poorly defined and open so they can add in their own story without having to work around establish fact as much.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Never saw the Bojack movie, but he sounded like a lovely villain from the outset.

Isn't that basically true for all the movie villains during the series ?

Caros
May 14, 2008

e X posted:

Not really. From movie four onward we have:

Lord Slug - Space King Piccolo
Cooler - Freeza but cooler.
Metal Cooler - Mecha-Freeza but cooler.
Android 13-15 - Gero's Trucker and friends.
Brolly - KAKAROTOOOOO!
Bojack - He's... a pirate? I guess?
Brolly - KAKAROTOOOO!
Bio-Brolly - Ewwwww.
Janemba - Cool
There is no movie 13.

Simply put, most of the iconic movie villains have a pretty established history. Janemba and Bojack are the only two who we don't really know all that much about, apart from vague backstory. Speaking of which, where the gently caress is Janemba in all of this. He was one of my favorites.

quote:

Bojack and crew are lovely villains, but Movie 9 is arguably the most dragonball movie other than battle of the gods because it had a lot of input from Toriyama. It and movie twelve are my typical recommendations for the dragonball movies that are worth watching outside a five minute youtube clip of the fights.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Some of the movie villains were alright. Like Metal Cooler and Janemba, even though they're just retoolings of Mecha Frieza and Majin Buu/Super Buu.

I also liked Dr. Wheelo and The World's Strongest film.

Krillin getting bitchslapped by a robot was magical. :allears:

Caros posted:

There is no movie 13.

I'll give Bojack one thing, he's not as lovely a villain as Hirudegarn.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I don't know. I think Hirudegarn served his purpose: be Godzilla so Goku could fight Godzilla.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I also liked Dr. Wheelo and The World's Strongest film.

Dr. Wheelo blew my mind as a little kid. "OH MY GOSH HOW COULD GOKU POSSIBLY FIGHT A GIANT ROBOT! WHY IS HIS BRAIN SO BIG?"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

e X posted:

Garlic Jr. :smith:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Raxivace posted:

Dr. Wheelo blew my mind as a little kid. "OH MY GOSH HOW COULD GOKU POSSIBLY FIGHT A GIANT ROBOT! WHY IS HIS BRAIN SO BIG?"

World's Strongest should be the next movie TFS does based on KaiserNeko's comments during the Cooler movie breakdown. And it will be glorious!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

AlternateNu posted:

World's Strongest should be the next movie TFS does based on KaiserNeko's comments during the Cooler movie breakdown. And it will be glorious!

Glad they finally got a not terrible Master Roshi voice down just for this.

That old one was rough. Not like season one kami rough but BOY was it bad.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It was because they were trying to hard to sound like the old Roshi I think. Also didn't Yamacha get a voice change as well?

I would love if TFS did World's Strongest.

That was a really good movie because it was the only time that some others got the spotlight. Hell ROSHI of all people got a little spotlight.

Plus it has another moment where Krillin wants to join in the punching and he gets decked.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shindragon posted:

It was because they were trying to hard to sound like the old Roshi I think. Also didn't Yamacha get a voice change as well?

That was a really good movie because it was the only time that some others got the spotlight. Hell ROSHI of all people got a little spotlight.

Plus it has another moment where Krillin wants to join in the punching and he gets decked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7S4axXOrTc

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Shindragon posted:

New Roshi voice is closer to the actual Roshi.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

The music is pretty terrible, but drat if this proto-DBZA hasn't some really good jokes.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh jeeze that is one... horrible video. That was definitely proto TFS back then.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I wonder what little callbacks they'll have to that when they do World's Strongest again. The only one I remember from the DEAD ZONE was that one guy saying "Douchebag" at the end.

After World's Strongest, are they back up to current with the DBZ movies? Aside from these two that they did way before, I think the rest have all been roughly chronological. Aside from that dumb time-travelling Bardock one.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I knew I remember them doing that. That was back when they didn't want to commit to doing the whole series and even out-and-out said they didn't want to step on the toes of some other DBZA guys. I even remember doing a video saying they weren't doing the series.

Glad they went back on those words.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

World's Strongest is the best DBZ movie because it gave us the greatest fight sequence of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwQxtdKzJD0

No, wait, sorry. That was the Lord Slug movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uD8-P_Pgq4

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 29, 2014

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Covok posted:

I knew I remember them doing that. That was back when they didn't want to commit to doing the whole series and even out-and-out said they didn't want to step on the toes of some other DBZA guys. I even remember doing a video saying they weren't doing the series.

Glad they went back on those words.

I think back then Takahata and Kaiserneko basically had nothing to do with it. I want to say it was Lanipator and the two dudes who did Naruto Abridged working on it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

TriffTshngo posted:

I think back then Takahata and Kaiserneko basically had nothing to do with it. I want to say it was Lanipator and the two dudes who did Naruto Abridged working on it.

Masako and Vegeta-something-or-other.

What did Takahata and Kaiserneko do before DBZA?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

Masako and Vegeta-something-or-other.

What did Takahata and Kaiserneko do before DBZA?

Kaisernerko did a short-lived Lupin The Third abridged series.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Takahata did G-Gundam.

Lani was a workhorse before DBZA took everything over. I think he put out a movie out as well.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Tae posted:

Takahata did G-Gundam.

Lani was a workhorse before DBZA took everything over. I think he put out a movie out as well.

Lani also had his own series before this, Yu Yu Hakasho abridged. He did both of the movies for that show.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's been forever, but I remember YYHA being at least as good as DBZA.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Covok posted:

Lani also had his own series before this, Yu Yu Hakasho abridged. He did both of the movies for that show.

I remember Poltergeist report, what's the other one?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Tae posted:

I remember Poltergeist report, what's the other one?

Didn't he also do the OVA?

WickedHate posted:

It's been forever, but I remember YYHA being at least as good as DBZA.

Yeah, it stinks he stopped doing it b/c it was pretty loving good.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

Didn't he also do the OVA?

Yeah, it stinks he stopped doing it b/c it was pretty loving good.

You got a link to it?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kild posted:

You got a link to it?

I don't see it. I guess I may have just imagined him doing the OVA.

If you meant the series in general, though, this is where you'll find what exists.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Shindragon posted:

I don't like how the other movie characters are getting attention either.

Bunch of broke rear end characters.

Clearly the main villain of DBM should be this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SirDrone posted:

Clearly the main villain of DBM should be this guy.

I remember seeing this guy in Attack of the Saiyans. I thought he was just a random enemy for that game.

• Locked thread