Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Alain Post posted:

he is also somehow less funny than Dave Meltzer

That's not saying much, Dave is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Alain Post posted:

he is also somehow less funny than Dave Meltzer

The "I'd rather have Rosa perform LASIK on me than work a match with her" joke was really good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

That's not saying much, Dave is hilarious

Oh yeah, I'm not trying to poo poo on Bryan, but it's still funny because Bryan seems like he's supposed to be the "funny" one.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Dave has been hilarious this week with his review of survivor series and the RAW review.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That Punk stuff about the WWE doctor refusing to even examine his lump makes listening to the Jericho podcast where said doctor was on very unsettling. Like assuming everything Punk said about him is true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't) he's effectively being paid to not treat people if they have to work that night.

Also I hope to loving god Kane wasn't told about Punk's concussion in the Rumble, because if he was told and still put him through the table then I have no words.

It's been interesting seeing the few current roster people I follow today, Cesaro was retweeting Colt mentioning the podcast and Paige retweeted Marc Meron saying he was thankful for having a job where he got health insurance. I'm curious as to whether anything will actually come from this.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Dave is loving hilarious when he's live tweeting MMA stuff or just making GBS threads on something bad

funny dude

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Dave is a terrific straight man to Bryan. He's clearly got a wicked sense of humour.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Alain Post posted:

Oh yeah, I'm not trying to poo poo on Bryan, but it's still funny because Bryan seems like he's supposed to be the "WACKY!" one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
For someone who at times tried to ape Hunter S Thompson's writing and humor, Bryan really should be less anti-drug.

Mautr
Sep 8, 2008
Dave is the funniest one of them all

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

any word why Konnan was arrested?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

coconono posted:

any word why Konnan was arrested?

I assume it was a pot thing because Rey doesn't seem to be taking it too seriously.

http://instagram.com/p/vhA88gJMxd/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=photo

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Alain Post posted:

Oh yeah, I'm not trying to poo poo on Bryan, but it's still funny because Bryan seems like he's supposed to be the "funny" one.

bryan can have a good joke occasionally but he sometimes comes across as someone who thinks he's funnier than he is

sportsgenius86 posted:

The "I'd rather have Rosa perform LASIK on me than work a match with her" joke was really good.

yeah that was one of the good ones, i laughed pretty hard at that

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mautr posted:

Dave is the funniest one of them all

Him explaining the '18%' joke for what seemed like hours made me want to fling myself in front of the subway I was waiting for.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Swagger Dagger posted:

I assume it was a pot thing because Rey doesn't seem to be taking it too seriously.

http://instagram.com/p/vhA88gJMxd/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=photo

And there's this. https://twitter.com/Konnan5150/status/535259547095801856

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I hope he got arrested for making an Trip To Iran joke for the 5000th time

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
A month of the Observer is only $3.99 for Black Friday

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

A month of the Observer is only $3.99 for Black Friday

If I already subscribe on a recurring basis will I only be charged $3.99 or is it just for new subscribers?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

flashy_mcflash posted:

If I already subscribe on a recurring basis will I only be charged $3.99 or is it just for new subscribers?

Just for new subscribers it looks like.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Just for new subscribers it looks like.

My subscription ran out and the FIRST MONTH INTRODUCTORY SPECIAL~ is an option for me when resubscribing, which is good because I want to hear Dave laugh at Bryan explaining CM Punk's podcast to him

e: Yup, it only charged me $3.99 even though my non-recurring subscription ended last week. Good job Dave.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 28, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Luigi Thirty posted:

My subscription ran out and the FIRST MONTH INTRODUCTORY SPECIAL~ is an option for me when resubscribing, which is good because I want to hear Dave laugh at Bryan explaining CM Punk's podcast to him

It's worth the $3.99 alone.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Daniel Bryan posted:

It's worth the $3.99 alone.

Holy poo poo this was amazing, "I'm going to try to summarize it in 15 minutes..." *45 minutes later*

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I would avoid Cornette's latest podcast with Rip Rogers unless you want to hear what's loving wrong with the motherfucking wrestling loving business.

I think I made it 10 minutes into the actual interview before I got sick of all the f bombs.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Luigi Thirty posted:

e: Yup, it only charged me $3.99 even though my non-recurring subscription ended last week. Good job Dave.

This is confirmed on the new F4Daily that it's available to lapsed subscribers as well. Also apparently Triple H is out for Punk's head.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

mariooncrack posted:

I would avoid Cornette's latest podcast with Rip Rogers unless you want to hear what's loving wrong with the motherfucking wrestling loving business.

I think I made it 10 minutes into the actual interview before I got sick of all the f bombs.

If you got sick of F bombs I don't know how you could (if you even did) listen to the Punk interview. It was filled with em.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Akileese posted:

If you got sick of F bombs I don't know how you could (if you even did) listen to the Punk interview. It was filled with em.

Plus Rip Rogers is hilarious. Super weird, but hilarious.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Was CM Punk's burn on the people who do podcasts for hits a burn on Jericho? It sure felt that way, but I can't really pinpoint why.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

KoldPT posted:

Was CM Punk's burn on the people who do podcasts for hits a burn on Jericho? It sure felt that way, but I can't really pinpoint why.

I think I remember him straight up mentioning Jericho asking him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Couldn't resist that $3.99 deal on the Observer. This may come as a shock to some of you guys, but I'm starting to suspect that Meltzer says,"Y'know" quite frequently.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Couldn't resist that $3.99 deal on the Observer. This may come as a shock to some of you guys, but I'm starting to suspect that Meltzer says,"Y'know" quite frequently.

You might be, y'know, onto something, y'know?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

Hey I have something in common with Dave Meltzer, that's cool

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bryan Alvarez's "How's it going, everybody" is seared into my brain at this point.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flatluigi posted:

I think I remember him straight up mentioning Jericho asking him

I got the impression that CM Punk doesn't think too highly of Jericho.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

coconono posted:

I got the impression that CM Punk doesn't think too highly of Jericho.

Which is weird, since I remember after the match they had at Wrestlemania, the camera caught Jericho giving Punk a mini-noogie in the ring.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

fart blood posted:

Which is weird, since I remember after the match they had at Wrestlemania, the camera caught Jericho giving Punk a mini-noogie in the ring.

Jericho is an alcoholic who is incredibly up his own rear end so I wouldn't be surprised to find out Punk loathes him

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
All I remember is the Jericho/Punk story from Jericho's book which I think was one of their first interactions, and they pissed each other off.

I don't remember the details, but the story was like, Jericho and Punk were tag partners on a house show, which was on the same day as the USA/Canada gold medal game at the Olympics or something. Jericho and Edge decided to watch the game instead of go over the match, being Canadian and all, and Punk got mad about it. So in the house show match, Punk never tagged out to Jericho the whole match, and Jericho got mad because he thought Punk couldn't just call it in the ring and got petty about it instead.

CVagts fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 29, 2014

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I think that incident happened in Punk's early career with WWE, and he's mellowed out a little since then from what I understand.

fart blood posted:

And then theres this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8XWHRmu1K8&feature=share

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Roman Reigns posted:

I think that incident happened in Punk's early career with WWE, and he's mellowed out a little since then from what I understand.

The gold medal game referenced would've been from 2010.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I think it also goes to the stories Jericho told about him and HBK. When you have two guys who are going out there to steal the show all the time, they're going to butt heads and want thing done their way. Punk admits that he's was really difficult to work with and I'd imagine that when Jericho came back to work him they probably clashed on ideas of how the feud should go. Punk also notes that he hates the "part timers" and while Jericho works a lot more shows than Rock or Brock, there could have been some resentment there as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Given what he said, I got the impression Jericho asked him to be on his podcast to do a tell-all, and Punk was pissed off because Jericho was looking at it as an opportunity to make money.

Not that Colt isn't potentially going to get an enormous influx of new listeners out of this, but I don't think that was either his or Punk's primary intention for doing the show.

• Locked thread