Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I got the From The Grave challenge by going into HC Dom matches and spamming semtex at B then running towards it. I don't feel very good about myself, but it seems like the best way to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Apparently people didn't like how powerful the DMRs were in Ghosts so SH made the semi auto guns weaker. It's insane how the M14 isn't a guaranteed 3 shot kill though.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How does the clan thing work? Will it hook me up with goons like gta v does? Hjalp I'm new to advanced warfare and just want to play with goons, what do I do? 360 if it matters.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Javes posted:

Apparently people didn't like how powerful the DMRs were in Ghosts so SH made the semi auto guns weaker. It's insane how the M14 isn't a guaranteed 3 shot kill though.

I am convinced the only things the vast majority of the player base likes are assault rifles and snipers built for quickscoping. Anything else is overpowered and must be nerfed to cater to them.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

I am convinced the only things the vast majority of the player base likes are assault rifles and snipers built for quickscoping. Anything else is overpowered and must be nerfed to cater to them.

I'm inclined to agree with this because SMGs were great in the multiplayer build at Gamescom (like E3, but in Germany), and now they're terrible.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Can I just get an LSAT or something

The SMGs are ok but yeah ARs are usually the better option

I like having fun though and running around like an idiot

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Nighthand posted:

lovely spawns are a large part of why a lot of us play Dom. Once you know the maps, you learn where the spawn boundaries are. Take A and B or B and C, and stay out of the territory of the third point, and they'll keep spawning anchored around that point. It's only when you (me) push too far that they flip and people spawn behind you.

Back when I used to play with goons like every day (when I was in college so... MW2) the thing I hated about Dom was how predictable the spawns were. With a good goon team you'd just cover like two pathways and keep the other team trapped on most maps. It barely felt like a challenge. HCS&D was the best goon game imho at least back then. I don't really play with goons anymore because I hate Dom so much

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
If any of you are struggling to get strafe kills for the camo on the ARs, do this:
1) Unlock the grenade launcher
2) Go play hardcore dom or hardcore KC
3) Jump up in the air and launch some grenades
4) ????
5) Profit!

I needed more than 20 strafe kills and got them in like 3 matches this way.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

DJCobol posted:

If any of you are struggling to get strafe kills for the camo on the ARs, do this:
1) Unlock the grenade launcher
2) Go play hardcore dom or hardcore KC
3) Jump up in the air and launch some grenades
4) ????
5) Profit!

I needed more than 20 strafe kills and got them in like 3 matches this way.

Almost every kill I make is a strafe kill because I am constantly airborne.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The bullshit kills are the dogfight kills on shotguns.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Decided to try out the KF5 Smg tonight while playing with goons and this thing is drat monster with grip and advanced rifling. Went 6.0 k/d a couple of times in the same session. Helps that it's one of the only smg with a 3 hit kill at a decent range.

Considering my playstyle is rushing B as fast as I possibly can this thing shreds people at close range incredibly fast.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

i thought we were playing tonight

n-no-nobody?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just FYI the out of map exploit on retreat hasn't actually been fixed.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Fibby Boy posted:

Just FYI the out of map exploit on retreat hasn't actually been fixed.

I don't believe any of the maps have been fixed for the poorbox. I'm still seeing tons of glitching.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

GET MY BELT SON posted:

i thought we were playing tonight

n-no-nobody?

There was a full group of us playing for a few hours as well as a couple of individuals playing on their own. The group disbanded at around 2:30am GMT - I was inviting you to play with us but you must have been too busy exploring Kyrat.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Gamestop sent me a message saying COD:AW is still $40 for trade in! Last chance to not get bent over and hosed trading in later!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

FallinInTheBlak posted:

There was a full group of us playing for a few hours as well as a couple of individuals playing on their own. The group disbanded at around 2:30am GMT - I was inviting you to play with us but you must have been too busy exploring Kyrat.

Those elephants won't just C4 themselves!

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

Oh man, now I know what I'm doing when I get home.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Easiest way to tell if you've pissed off the enemy team on 360: they all pull out different bal/em1 variants halfway through the match.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Nighthand posted:

The bullshit kills are the dogfight kills.

ftfy

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

How does the clan thing work? Will it hook me up with goons like gta v does? Hjalp I'm new to advanced warfare and just want to play with goons, what do I do? 360 if it matters.

Anyone? How do I do this? I'll probably be on around 10cst tonight and looking to goon it up

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
24-0 before I died to a mad as hell tryhard

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Anyone? How do I do this? I'll probably be on around 10cst tonight and looking to goon it up

You're on 360. Post your Gamertag and maybe the 5 other 360 goons will add you and you'll see one of them online once.

Joining a goon clan will not help you as one is primarily Xbone and the other is PS3/4. Finding a 360 clan will require you to do a little research on your own.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

FallinInTheBlak posted:

if it looks like I'm exploring kyrat for a ton of hours in a row it's probably because I paused it and went to do something else

I would never ignore an invite from you brah

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Fibby Boy posted:

Easiest way to tell if you've pissed off the enemy team on 360: they all pull out different bal/em1 variants halfway through the match.

And they start wearing Flak jacket along with the lazer weapons because you've been dashing around the map launching both semtex grenades at any red name that you see. :dance:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I would like to nominate Recovery as worst aw map.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I think we should give momentum another try, I was playing it solo for a couple games and it was pretty fun.

Cab
Apr 23, 2003

Mister Macys posted:

Why C4 a perfectly good transportation device?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

GET MY BELT SON posted:

if it looks like I'm exploring kyrat for a ton of hours in a row it's probably because I paused it and went to do something else

I would never ignore an invite from you brah

I will be on in about 15 minutes if you or anybody else wants to play.

edit: I am online now.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 30, 2014

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
loving comeback has a map exploit now. Just loving great.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

faaart XCUSE ME and I need 4 more players.

edit: We are no longer playing.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 30, 2014

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

FallinInTheBlak posted:

faaart XCUSE ME and I need 4 more players.

I'll theoretically be on in about 30 when home; if you see me inv me.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I saw some dudes in Detroit climbing up above A into the water tower thing on top of one of the buildings. Thankfully it was hardcore and I taught them the error of their ways by shooting them every time I saw them up there.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

pretty soft girl posted:

words words words

Tried this setup with Paladin in place of Bombing Run and have had some good results so far in Ground War Domination, I ended up getting 4 paladins in this match. Probably would have gotten more but I got super lazy in Round 2 and didn't bother finding a real hiding spot. Very fun build, still kind of subject to the same weaknesses as the other one I posted though the Paladin tends to get you more points to carry over to your next run of streaks than Bombing Run does so I can see this one gaining a crazy amount of momentum. On one of the cycles the Paladin + UAV + System Hack got me enough points for another UAV and System Hack, so I was pretty much ready to call in another Paladin effort free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r00NK-sOqE

Javes
May 6, 2012

Paladin with extra time and sleight of hand seems to be the best set up for me. 1300 points is kind of a lot though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Cab posted:

Why C4 a perfectly good transportation device?

Autogyros are the best transportation device. :007colbert:

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
This game is so loving broken, which sucks because its fun when it does work.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You never posted your gamertag that I've seen, so I've no interest in doing the research through your post history to find out who to send a friend request to. Bummer, dude... I posted my gamertag and specified that I was on 360 a couple times, and have yet to receive a ping from you - why should I track down your info and try to send you a request, then?

Your post is the equivalent of someone on the side of the road with an empty gas can, flagging down motorists however, when they pull over to offer him a lift he asks them to go take his gas can to the nearest gas station and fill it up and return it to him.

You gotta put some small amount of :effort: in before anyone wants to give it back.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 30, 2014

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Fibby Boy posted:

loving comeback has a map exploit now. Just loving great.

Use one of these Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales and join us on the Bone already dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

BCRock posted:

Use one of these Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales and join us on the Bone already dude.
When there begins to be a worthwhile game library I'll do that. I didn't buy a 360 until they'd been out for like 4 years and have yet to regret not buying in earlier.

• Locked thread