Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Uthor posted:

I have a single volume collecting it all, but it's only slightly oversized (about the size of a Marvel OSHC) that definitely could use some cleanup (you can see the backs of the newspaper pages bleeding through from the scans). It was only $30, so hard to complain about it.

Edit: looks like my copy is from Taschen, too!
http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=66487

I have that one but didn't think it covered the whole series. I also now own the megabook and will concur that it is huge. It shipped from Amazon in a box which contained another box which contained the Nemo box which contained the Nemo books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Rhyno posted:

I hope you have the Glory hardcover as it's loving hardcore as gently caress.

I already have the trades. Is it worth the upgrade?

Also. Barnes and Noble is having a buy two get one free sale on Marvel and DC titles. This alone is not really enough to beat IST or Amazon marketplace sellers in most cases but... now you can add the BFRIDAY14 code and it gives you 30% off your most expensive item. I picked up the Aaron Punisher Omni, Absolute Batman and Robin, and Absolute Final Crisis for about $41 a book.

Speaking of Absolutes, I know that Absolute Batman Inc is coming out. What is the likelihood of the entire Morrison Batman saga being collected in the absolute format? Should I just start piecing together trades to get the whole story? Is the whole story really necessary?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

sporklift posted:

Speaking of Absolutes, I know that Absolute Batman Inc is coming out. What is the likelihood of the entire Morrison Batman saga being collected in the absolute format? Should I just start piecing together trades to get the whole story? Is the whole story really necessary?
Based on what DC seems to do now I would expect the Morrison run to be collected in deluxe editions, or maybe one ridiculous omnibus. I can't speak for the Inc part of the story but everything up to Inc was necessary, I suppose.

Inkslinger
May 23, 2001

Has Frank Miller's Hard Boiled ever been released in a nice hardcover edition? I'd love to upgrade the battered paperback that's been on my shelves for 20 years...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sporklift posted:

I already have the trades. Is it worth the upgrade?

Yes. Absolutely.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
I very stupidly waited too long on the Uncanny X-Force Omnibus... Anyone have a lead on a copy for a not ridiculous price?

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Neo_Reloaded posted:

I very stupidly waited too long on the Uncanny X-Force Omnibus... Anyone have a lead on a copy for a not ridiculous price?

Wow. That book is out of print already? Might be just temporarily out of stock.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sporklift posted:

Wow. That book is out of print already? Might be just temporarily out of stock.

Sold out at Diamond.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Sold out at Diamond.

What the hell is this DC Comics bullshit?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Oh poo poo, I totally want that Inferno Prologue omni that's coming out this week.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LordPants posted:

What the hell is this DC Comics bullshit?

It's because of AXIS. Remender laid a bunch of seeds for the story back there so people want everything now.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Just purchased the following on IST. I haven't read anything aside from the first FF omnibus. I hear nothing but good things about these.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Congratulations you bought a load of brilliant comics. Enjoy!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
YA Omni today!
Front

Back

Front with Brian Lee O'Malley dust jacket

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Senor Candle posted:

YA Omni today!
Back

That's really awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I need to get that. I think the JSA Omni Vol.2 is out as well?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

And the next Brubaker Cap omni.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Zachack posted:

And the next Brubaker Cap omni.

This?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's it. Remember that Amazon gets stuff like 2 weeks later.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Senor Candle posted:

YA Omni today!
Front

Back

Front with Brian Lee O'Malley dust jacket

WANT

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Yes but you can get it here and now for much cheaper.

And if you do the right thing and get the YA omni with it the shipping is free

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is the YA any good? I recently made a very big purchase for myself recently, but I wouldn't mind adding that in if it were good.

Also, is the Deadpool and Cable omnibus any good? I remember browsing through an issue many many moons ago, and it was just 'meh' to me.

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Dec 5, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

obi_ant posted:

Is the YA any good? I recently made a very big purchase for myself recently, but I wouldn't mind adding that in if it were good.

Also, is the Deadpool and Cable omnibus any good? I remember browsing through an issue many many moons ago, and it was just 'meh' to me.

The run of Cable/Deadpool is probably the best era for either character pretty much ever.

So I somehow totally missed that Vertigo finally got around to printing a complete run of Hellblazer in matching trade dress.
Volumes 1-9 are currently available with Vol.10
http://www.amazon.com/John-Constantine-Hellblazer-Vol-10/dp/1401251374/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1417813118&sr=8-2&keywords=hellblazer+vol+11
hitting Feb 2015 ad Vol.11
http://www.amazon.com/John-Constantine-Hellblazer-Vol-11/dp/1401255299/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417812637&sr=8-1&keywords=hellblazer+vol+11
hitting August 2015. That takes us to issue #117 of 300 not to mention numerous specials and minis. So it's not hard to say that to finish this series of trades it will run 30 volumes which at two per year will finish up in the year 2024.

God drat it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

The run of Cable/Deadpool is probably the best era for either character pretty much ever.

So I somehow totally missed that Vertigo finally got around to printing a complete run of Hellblazer in matching trade dress.
Volumes 1-9 are currently available with Vol.10
http://www.amazon.com/John-Constantine-Hellblazer-Vol-10/dp/1401251374/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1417813118&sr=8-2&keywords=hellblazer+vol+11
hitting Feb 2015 ad Vol.11
http://www.amazon.com/John-Constantine-Hellblazer-Vol-11/dp/1401255299/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417812637&sr=8-1&keywords=hellblazer+vol+11
hitting August 2015. That takes us to issue #117 of 300 not to mention numerous specials and minis. So it's not hard to say that to finish this series of trades it will run 30 volumes which at two per year will finish up in the year 2024.

God drat it.

Once they finish the Jenkins run the complete series will be in trades.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Once they finish the Jenkins run the complete series will be in trades.

I know but I need matching spines dude. MATCHING.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I know but I need matching spines dude. MATCHING.

Its DC they will be changing them soon enough.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Its DC they will be changing them soon enough.

Just in time to announce the 15 volume hardcover series.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Get ready for the last volume to have the future all new amazing DC logo.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Just picked up Remender's Uncanny X-Force vol 3, 5 and 6 at my LCBS for $5 each, based on the recommendation here, so I'll have to pick up the other 4 volumes elsewhere. I assume, much like everything else related to Fear Itself, in UXF:FI book is unnecessary?

I also got Madman vol 2 and 3 for $4 apiece. I assume all that comes before them is Vol 1 and Atomic Comics comes after?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I swear I only meant to buy two things.

Sadly, I've already read five of the eight books.

gently caress yeah, the Casanova hardcover includes the back matter from the individual issues. That's what I was missing with the TPBs.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I was browsing Amazon and noticed a listing for an Absolute Edition of Transmet. Has this been brought up already?
http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Transmetropolitan-Vol-Warren-Ellis/dp/1401254306/ref=pd_ys_ir_b_26

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Uthor posted:

I was browsing Amazon and noticed a listing for an Absolute Edition of Transmet. Has this been brought up already?
http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Transmetropolitan-Vol-Warren-Ellis/dp/1401254306/ref=pd_ys_ir_b_26

I think this was solicited a month or two ago... right after I finished buying the last of the trades.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone want to hazard a guess what "Ultimate Marvel Omnibus Vol. 1" might include?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

first trade of each of the main ultimate series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Every once in a while Diamond ships the wrong book and rather than waste money on a return label they tell us to destroy the book. Usually the owner of the store lets me keep the book if it's something I like. That happened two weeks ago. Sadly it was the loving New 52 ZERO Omnibus.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Every once in a while Diamond ships the wrong book and rather than waste money on a return label they tell us to destroy the book. Usually the owner of the store lets me keep the book if it's something I like. That happened two weeks ago. Sadly it was the loving New 52 ZERO Omnibus.
Make it this year's yule log and upload the video.

...a New Fifty-twule log, if you will.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

Make it this year's yule log and upload the video.

...a New Fifty-twule log, if you will.

Not a bad idea. I wish I'd done BSSSS as this would make a great "gently caress you" gift.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Artist Editions of Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck. I've never really wanted those books until now.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/12/don-rosas-scrooge-mcduck-get-artist-edition-idw/

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Just received an Instocktrades shipment and a Barnes and Noble shipment today. IST, perfectly packaged. All books mint. B&N? Every corner of the book crunched slightly. I still have two absolutes coming from them, hope they fare better. A strip of cardboard in a bubble mailer just ain't enough for an omnibus. Personally I don't care about the condition but it makes it harder to re-sell if I don't really dig it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

sporklift posted:

Just received an Instocktrades shipment and a Barnes and Noble shipment today. IST, perfectly packaged. All books mint. B&N? Every corner of the book crunched slightly. I still have two absolutes coming from them, hope they fare better. A strip of cardboard in a bubble mailer just ain't enough for an omnibus. Personally I don't care about the condition but it makes it harder to re-sell if I don't really dig it.

poo poo Amazon does this too. But they aren't comic book people.