Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I would prefer the original enemy of Dragon Ball to be revealed as the ultimate evil.

Just imagine this guy going toe to toe with Super Saiyans and the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Raxivace posted:

I would prefer the original enemy of Dragon Ball to be revealed as the ultimate evil.

Just imagine this guy going toe to toe with Super Saiyans and the like.

Way to forget about Bulma who shot Goku.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Goku's original nemesis was that giant fish he killed and ate in the first episode. After all, the second Daizenshuu considers it Goku's first battle in the series, so the significance of the event cannot be understated. It is only fair that the giant fish returns for some vengeance.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I think that dinosaur and the giant fish were enemies in Attack of the Saiyans, too.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Didn't Goku chop some wood there near the beginning too? Wood can be a powerful foe sometimes.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

SirDrone posted:

Clearly the main villain of DBM should be this guy.

The Colonel Blue arc was good, because it was the arc that crossed over with Doctor Slump and gave us Goku and Arale in the same anime.

Has Arale shown up yet in DBM?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

The Colonel Blue arc was good, because it was the arc that crossed over with Doctor Slump and gave us Goku and Arale in the same anime.

Has Arale shown up yet in DBM?

Yes. She won against Mary Sue and lost to #18.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 29, 2014

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Mordaedil posted:

Bulma uses Dr.Gero's blueprints to upgrade herself with the same biotech 17 and 18 got and starts a fight with Goku. I'd watch it.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Dragonball Z is literally the best cartoon ever made.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

e X posted:

Bulma uses Dr.Gero's blueprints to upgrade herself with the same biotech 17 and 18 got and starts a fight with Goku. I'd watch it.

I mean if the premise of the fancomic is that there are multiple, different universe, then you could make a reason for anyone to be 1) superpowerful and 2) evil, if you tried. Honestly, since readers aren't reading for the story, you don't even have to try hard.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mordaedil posted:

Actually it was the gun that shot Goku. It just happened to be in Bulma's hand at the time. :colbert:

You see DBZ is actually anti-gun.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

e X posted:

I think that might have literally happened in one of DBM's universes, probably the Super Humans one.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is literally the best cartoon ever made, even though DBZ is the greatest shonen classic.

:colbert:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Silver2195 posted:

Yes. She won against Mary Sue and lost to #18.

"Lost" isn't really the best way to describe it, she was dominating the fight and then ran out of energy. Comedy character and all.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jojo anime was dogshit horrid until last year, you're wrong and dumb and I hate you and your institution

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Shinjobi posted:

Jojo anime was dogshit horrid until last year, you're wrong and dumb and I hate you and your institution

Yeah but the current anime is amazing. DBZ lead to GT, which is the worst. Goku's sins are too great.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

EDIT wrong place

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

You'd best be talking about just the Phantom Blood section

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

TheKingofSprings posted:

You'd best be talking about just the Phantom Blood section

I think he is talking about the OVAs and he isn't wrong. Also, the DB manga is better than the show ever was.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I think you're all forgetting the important thing: Who would win in a fight between Piccolo Daimaoh-era Goku and Stardust Crusaders Dio?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jotaro

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

John Cena

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Those are odds that he can get behind.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Soulcleaver posted:

I think you're all forgetting the important thing: Who would win in a fight between Piccolo Daimaoh-era Goku and Stardust Crusaders Dio?

Dio, simply because I can't imagine Goku being able to counter his Stand even at DBZ levels.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Dio, simply because I can't imagine Goku being able to counter his Stand even at DBZ levels.

How could Dio even HURT Goku?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

How could Dio even HURT Goku?

Couldn't he just suck his blood and end up at DBZ levels as a result?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

In It For The Tank posted:

Goku's original nemesis was that giant fish he killed and ate in the first episode. After all, the second Daizenshuu considers it Goku's first battle in the series, so the significance of the event cannot be understated. It is only fair that the giant fish returns for some vengeance.

Toriyama's just loving with everyone making us think that the F stands for Freeza. It's actually F for Fish.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The f is for sucks.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Couldn't he just suck his blood and end up at DBZ levels as a result?

How would he get at his blood?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So on the subject of DBZ Multiverse, why couldn't Universe 9 get a special? I mean Krillin & Tien being the heads of their respective schools, Yamcha being an android and Videl having the Z sword. That's got some potential.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Testekill posted:

So on the subject of DBZ Multiverse, why couldn't Universe 9 get a special? I mean Krillin & Tien being the heads of their respective schools, Yamcha being an android and Videl having the Z sword. That's got some potential.

That universe is too cool to get a special.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

How would he get at his blood?

(JoJo pt 3 spoilers) How, exactly, is pre-DBZ Goku going to get around Dio being able to, y'know, stop time?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

(JoJo pt 3 spoilers) How, exactly, is pre-DBZ Goku going to get around Dio being able to, y'know, stop time?
I think the point of the question was "how is Dio going to get through Goku's skin to get to his blood?"

Unless the dude just didn't know all of Dio's abilities, that's my question.

Twiddy fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Nov 30, 2014

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Which does what?

I mean they actively mocked this in DBZA you know?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Prison Warden posted:

I don't want the people who draw the specials to do one about that universe.

E: Maybe the guy who did Gast's special.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 30, 2014

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Prison Warden posted:

I agree. Videl using Kaioken is something I want to see but never will.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SALT CURES HAM posted:

The same way they got rid of Guldo?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Twiddy posted:

I think the point of the question was "how is Dio going to get through Goku's skin to get to his blood?"

Unless the dude just didn't know all of Dio's abilities, that's my question.

Dio doesn't actually pierce the skin when he sticks his hand in peoples necks. It's sort of weird and also inconsistent.'

but the real issue though is that Dio's time stop only lets him attack anything within 5-9 seconds distance. If Goku plays it smart with instant transmission(And considering fighting is the only thing he's smart at this is not all unlikely) he could just kite Dio.

Or he gets space ripper stingy eye'd through the heart and then a century later Goku Jr. kills Dio.

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 30, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kild posted:

The same way they got rid of Guldo?

The only reason why Guldo lost is because he was lazy and/or had Asthma, because his time stop powers required stamina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is a stupid discussion that sprang from some guy's joke.

• Locked thread