Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
I uh, got bored with Dishonored halfway in :ohdear: but I'll definitely come back to it some day, because the setting is so amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Kennel posted:

Anno 1404 for 2,49€ or Anno 1404 Gold for 3,74€?
GOLD, Venice doesn't add a lot of major stuff but a ton of small and useful things.
Having an additional npc trader in all your games is worth it alone and the missions are also fun if that is your thing.

This is coming from a person that played every pc anno game there is for a ton of hours though, so my opinion can be skewed. :v:

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

DoctorOfLawls posted:

Any of these Thief DLC worth it?

Bank Heist is a decent mission if you want some more nuThief.

Btw, for anyone who doesn't have the big ticket items included, the Eidos Anthology is showing as a daily deal with 80% off.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

spudsbuckley posted:

Conversely, i got near the end of the game and found it tedious as gently caress and lacking any kind of tension because the loving thing had insta-killed me so many times.

If I die twice I stop playing for a bit. I get desensitized way too quickly otherwise.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

woodenchicken posted:

I uh, got bored with Dishonored halfway in :ohdear: but I'll definitely come back to it some day, because the setting is so amazing.
Don't waste your money on new Thief and replay Dishonored. Use the money to buy the Daud DLC for Dishonored instead.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

Koburn posted:

I hated the first one due to the ludicrous difficulty and lack of mid level checkpoints. The second has checkpoints and also multiple levels of difficulty. I spent 2 hours in BTR1 and 15 in the sequel.

I had exactly the same experience. 1 was overly difficult and I gave up after an hour or so, but 2 had a reasonable difficulty curve and a lot of charm and personality. I finished it. I don't finish a lot of games anymore.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So, The Walking Dead Season 2: How does the game handle playing as a young girl in a violent zombie hellscape? I have no problem with the gory brutal deaths of adults (I know some people were put off by Tomb Raider in this regard but that was fine for me) but I'm not sure seeing a little kid getting dismembered because I screwed up a QTE would be my bag

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So, The Walking Dead Season 2: How does the game handle playing as a young girl in a violent zombie hellscape? I have no problem with the gory brutal deaths of adults (I know some people were put off by Tomb Raider in this regard but that was fine for me) but I'm not sure seeing a little kid getting dismembered because I screwed up a QTE would be my bag

It's got some gruesome moments, but I don't think they involve kids as the victim.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Amazingly well. They make a point of showing that even though she's had to mature a fuckload given the circumstances that were thrust upon her, she's still a little girl at heart and it shows some times.

Given the assholes you encounter during the game it readily becomes apparent that she is probably the most sensible person there at times.

One of the early episodes has an incredibly tense scene which really worked very well with her being who she is.

This particular part does have a rather terrible sequence where you have to basically do surgery on yourself, but it's sort of framed in the 'This person is incredibly strong and the people that have forced her into this are lovely" rather than "We just put this here because gore"

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 29, 2014

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The new cast end up being a bunch of Darwin award winning fuckups that rely way too much on a prepubescent girl to do anything, but Clem overall is still rad and the game is still good, though a big step down from Season 1.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
It also has some dumb as poo poo moments where the fate of the lives of a dozen people are all thrust upon the decisions of a 12 year gold girl.

edit; beaten

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

NaDy posted:

So I've actually been hearing some pretty good things about 7 days to die and I'm quite tempted to get it now that it's half price. Anyone have any first hand experience with it?

Yes get it, Its one of the better zombie survival games.

Its fun to build a base and watch zombies try to trash it.

Good support with the updates and whatnot.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
I see that Xenonauts is off for 35%; been meaning to get it for a while. Does anyone remember if it was on sale last year? Just trying to figure out if it's worth getting at this price, or if I should just wait until the last day / next sale...

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Skull Knight posted:

I see that Xenonauts is off for 35%; been meaning to get it for a while. Does anyone remember if it was on sale last year? Just trying to figure out if it's worth getting at this price, or if I should just wait until the last day / next sale...

Wait for a daily and remember that a new and bigger sale will happen in less than a month,

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Dawn of Discovery Gold/Anno 1404 is 40% off, http://store.steampowered.com/sub/3047/ at $9. I doubt it'll be a daily, given Anno 2070 is on sale today and it's really old.

That said, 1404 is amazing, one of my favorite builders ever. It's charming, relaxing, and there's a great fan patch out there that fixes a ton of quests, little quirks, spelling/grammar translation issues, and adds very useful in-game build order references.

If you like builders, give it a try. If you've never tried one, this is one of the best.

Endless Legend IS a daily today, and it's a great fantasy empire builder. If you like civ style games, it's quite worth it. Their last game Endless Space was a bit of a mess, but their two recent games (all set in the same universe) are fun - this and Dungeon of the Endless.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I have never played any of the Lego games but Marvel Superheroes looks really great. Is it actually fun to play/a good game or is it just throwing a ton of characters at the player to dazzle them with references?

Because I have to admit, when I saw Galactus rising up at the end of the trailer I was pretty dazzled :swoon:

Cstar
Aug 17, 2006
I've no way of knowing what whims I might have!

victrix posted:

Dawn of Discovery Gold/Anno 1404 is 40% off, http://store.steampowered.com/sub/3047/ at $9. I doubt it'll be a daily, given Anno 2070 is on sale today and it's really old.

That said, 1404 is amazing, one of my favorite builders ever. It's charming, relaxing, and there's a great fan patch out there that fixes a ton of quests, little quirks, spelling/grammar translation issues, and adds very useful in-game build order references.

If you like builders, give it a try. If you've never tried one, this is one of the best.
It's at -75% off in EU, got the Gold version for me and my friend for 3,74€ a pop, which is an absolute steal.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I have never played any of the Lego games but Marvel Superheroes looks really great. Is it actually fun to play/a good game or is it just throwing a ton of characters at the player to dazzle them with references?

Because I have to admit, when I saw Galactus rising up at the end of the trailer I was pretty dazzled :swoon:

I don't know about that particular one, but the general rule with Lego games is they are fun and have plenty of jokes for fans of the subject matter. So if you're into Marvel you'll probably dig it.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

woodenchicken posted:

Seriously just buy the DLC and hop back in, Thief is worth it only if you want to sell out your soul :kheldragar:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Tron 2.0, Revengeance and Vangers are still not on sale in any way. Depressing.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Two questions: How is Fable Anniversary, and is Thief worth the sale price

Madame Ovary
Jul 22, 2013

Cyra posted:

You're better off buying the original in both cases there.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone interested in a 7 days 2 pack?
1- me
2- you could save

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

It's great. The humour works extremely well with comics and yes it's full of obscure characters and fanservice of the best kind. Keep in mind Lego games are kid friendly so a lot of the actual gameplay will be on the easy/simple side but Marvel in particular has an incredible amount of content.

They're also just plain fun co-op games (local only, I think.)

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The Lego games are VERY well done, and are like watching a REALLY good saturday morning cartoon version of the subject matter. The gameplay kinda wears and is slightly repetitious, but it never made me hate it like when I was playing Borderlands. It stays amusing.

Cyra posted:

Buy the Original Fable. The graphics don't make the game better, and arguably serve to kinda ruin the aesthetic design.

If Thi4f gets to $5 during Christmas I may strongly consider picking it up, but not for anything more.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Cyra posted:

exactly the same as fable except that it runs worse

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Jerusalem posted:

Most of the characters fit under archetypes like big hulkish dudes, flyers, gun shooting, magnetic, etc that share moves. Lots of collectable hunting for more characters, costumes, vehicles, through both the hub city and linear themed levels, that require a certain move to get.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Is NBA2k15 really that bad, or are people just giving bad reviews because it's basically a roster update (which won't bother me since I don't have any of the other NBA games)?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

corn in the bible posted:

I don't know about that particular one, but the general rule with Lego games is they are fun and have plenty of jokes for fans of the subject matter. So if you're into Marvel you'll probably dig it.

I'm at a loss at to why Lego Ghostbusters isn't a thing yet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Okay it's cheap enough and sounds fun enough that it is worth taking a gamble on, thanks!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Jerusalem posted:

If you only get one Lego game, it should definitely be Marvel.

Not that you should only get one Lego game, but they are very same-y.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm at a loss at to why Lego Ghostbusters isn't a thing yet.

Ahaha oh man. Lego GB but using an amalgamation of all the scripts Akroyd tried to get the studio to sign off on. :allears::fiesta:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SelenicMartian posted:

Tron 2.0, Revengeance and Vangers are still not on sale in any way. Depressing.
Revengence is $12 on GMG's VIP page.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Quest For Glory II posted:

That's close to its price on the Russian Steam without any discount. Actually it's $10 here with the way the exchange rates got hosed lately. Still waiting for our RU price tag to get slashed into tiny bits.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

victrix posted:

Endless Legend IS a daily today, and it's a great fantasy empire builder. If you like civ style games, it's quite worth it. Their last game Endless Space was a bit of a mess, but their two recent games (all set in the same universe) are fun - this and Dungeon of the Endless.

I'll agree with this, buy the Gold edition for Venice too, its worth it. You're probably safe from a higher discount too because since it was added back to the store it hasnt sold for more than 40% off, even if 2070 is 75% off. Also if you have Enhanced Steam and are wary of the big red banner that warns of the 3rd party infamously bad Tages DRM, dont worry that is dated and no longer applies.

Although I'd hesitate to call it a building game exactly. I mean, there is a lot of that starting out, but the focus for most of the game seems more to be trading and resource management. Make sure to get the big community mod patch of course too, and you only need to install and play the Venice version I believe.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's still $7.50 on Amazon US. Just a Steam code, and remember that ANYONE can buy from there, just enter a US delivery address.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
So, as a new Anno 1404 player, should I play the campaign first? That's the tutorial, right? Does it matter if I start it with the base game or with Venice?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It is basically the tutorial, yeah. You can only play it with the base game - if you boot up Venice I'm pretty sure you don't even get the option to do campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Kennel posted:

So, as a new Anno 1404 player, should I play the campaign first? That's the tutorial, right? Does it matter if I start it with the base game or with Venice?

The campaign is quite good too, it teaches you pretty much all the major building chains, it's one of the only 'campaigns' for this type of game I've ever finished

• Locked thread