Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's winning this loving thing?
This poll is closed.
(W1) Seattle Sounders 31 22.63%
(W2) Los Angeles Galaxy 13 9.49%
(W3) Real Salt Lake 1 0.73%
(W4) FC Dallas 4 2.92%
(W5) Vancouver Whitecaps 4 2.92%
(E1) DC United 16 11.68%
(E2) New England Revolution 27 19.71%
(E3) Columbus Crew 11 8.03%
(E4) Red Bull New York 5 3.65%
(E5) Sporting Kansas City 0 0%
(C1) Calvinball 25 18.25%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Someone check Davies for PEDs. This can't be the same dude we saw a couple years ago sucking it up at DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
revs go for garbage!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lmao

"Chunky goal"

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Chris Tierney is such a boss, I don't know how he doesn't get more credit.

(also is there someone in the crowd screaming like they're at a One Direction concert, or am I just slowly going mad?)

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Dallan Invictus posted:

(also is there someone in the crowd screaming like they're at a One Direction concert, or am I just slowly going mad?)

It's really bothering me.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

NOW we have a game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope I have to eat my words. This series has been incredible

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
JAYSUS this game is so good.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Again?

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
davies lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oyongo has looked pretty bad all game but boy he just single handedly hosed them right there

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I was just thinking about Charlie the Unicorn for some reason.

Chaaarlie

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Well that was a fun match

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'm glad titi's dead

It was a fun game tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Well that was a fun match

Enormously more exciting than the LA/Seattle, but I hope tomorrow's is as good.

It sucks to lose but NE is a hell of a team and I hope they win. NY is going to be very bad for a few years now after they lose Henry and Cahill. Looking forward to how their offseason plays out.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
give me any av you want gd my heart and mind are clear

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
drat it looks like titty and the rest of the New Jersey battymen got owned.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

fat greasy puto posted:

give me any av you want gd my heart and mind are clear

I will

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Enormously more exciting than the LA/Seattle, but I hope tomorrow's is as good.

It sucks to lose but NE is a hell of a team and I hope they win. NY is going to be very bad for a few years now after they lose Henry and Cahill. Looking forward to how their offseason plays out.

Henry yes, Cahill is a waste of money

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Great game, real contest, glad I went. Thought I'd die laughing when Jones tripped on that breakaway. Atmosphere was pretty good too (for MLS), that has to have been the Revs' biggest crowd ever.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

That was fun to watch.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
I'M COLD

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

http://www.gfycat.com/MiniatureRepulsiveKodiakbear

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

What's the record for most championship losses without a win in American sports?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

What's the record for most championship losses without a win in American sports?

The Bills had 4 in a row, which I think is the record for consecutive losses.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
i am supporting the new england revolutions as my mls cup winning team 2014

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The Vikings and the Bills are both 0-4 in the Super Bowl. Next would be the Blues and Canucks at 0-3 for the Stanley Cup.

If you want to toss in woman's sports, the New York Liberty have also gone 0-4 in the WNBA championship.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
gently caress Charlie Davies. gently caress New Jersey for being unable to stop Charlie Davies. gently caress Don Garber for anointing the Revolution as chosen champs in August.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
That game was fun and loud as hell. More energy out of the non-Fort sections than I've seen in months. Jermaine Jones was a huge bitch on the field tonight for some reason. He was always whining and flopping and not doing really anything, followed by yelling at the lovely ref (who was rightfully lovely, but not lovely to JJ personally)

But hey how about that fight near the 81st minute? Must have done that for the Bruins fans

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I thought Charlie Davies was a useless sack of poo poo. Hell, he might still be.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
also, 32,678 shivering in the Gillette stands tonight, Revs record for highest playoff game attendance. this MLS playoffs has been superb this year

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I was in 107 too, crowd was great but cold, traffic was awful (the only really busy Revs match I'd ever been to was MLS Cup, traffic out to 495??), and it was cold. Awesome game.

What's up with MLS Cup ticket allocations? Cheaper round trips are to Seattle, so go Sounders.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Grats Revs fans!

I had to duck out like 5 minutes from time, and I had no idea who would be the winner when I got back. Excellent game.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what???? how the gently caress does hosting go to the team with the highest amount of regular season points? how does that poo poo even matter or make sense???? i am actually upset rn

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Watched the game with my uncle (who I had to explain the legs system to), his first time watching a match outside the World Cup.

I think he may be dragging me to Gillette at some point next season.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

13 year old girls posted:

what???? how the gently caress does hosting go to the team with the highest amount of regular season points? how does that poo poo even matter or make sense???? i am actually upset rn

It's been like that since '12. Used to be neutral-site before that (like the Super Bowl).

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

fat greasy puto posted:

Henry yes, Cahill is a waste of money

Cahill was the only player keeping your team in the game today. He stayed strong to put in the first goal, and dragged in two defenders to challenge for a header, giving Luyindula space to collect the ball and score the second.

He also had an amazing repeat of his World Cup volley, only it went about 30 feet over the bar. Anyway, I don't think he's that bad. He's gonna go to the A-League, though.

lovely-rear end cold day offset by hot food at the tailgate, a rocking stadium, and a good result. RBNY fans were in good voice, too-- looked like they sent up almost as many as we sent to Harrison.

Oh, and I hear that Garber hosed up the playoffs structure even worse. Why can't we just have eight loving teams :mad:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Mike Toole posted:

lovely-rear end cold day offset by hot food at the tailgate, a rocking stadium, and a good result.

Hey, as far as cold days go, this cold day was definitely not lovely rear end. It was maybe slightly unwiped rear end. I was expecting far worse earlier this week

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Popero posted:

I was in 107 too, crowd was great but cold, traffic was awful (the only really busy Revs match I'd ever been to was MLS Cup, traffic out to 495??), and it was cold. Awesome game.

What's up with MLS Cup ticket allocations? Cheaper round trips are to Seattle, so go Sounders.

Yeah traffic was absolutely atrocious. Waited so long to get out of parking that we ran out of gas by the time we were back in Boston :smith:. I'm guessing that for whatever reason Pats games don't have this problem...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
Patriots games DEFINITELY have that problem. A Patriots game basically involves surrendering your entire goddamn day, which is why, along with the horrendous ticket prices and lovely, corrupt league, I stay far away from Patriots games.

• Locked thread