Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I have a good feeling about you Brisbane lads, as long as you keep Matt McKay off the ball and Donachie tied to a post somewhere far away from the field I think you'll somehow grind a win. Henrique killing it atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Fuuuuuuck thassa nice goal.

Can't even be mad.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tongues posted:

Fuuuuuuck thassa nice goal.

Can't even be mad.

I can. At least hirsi murdered himself that's always a plus

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
At least we didn't lose this week

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What do we reckon? WSW by 1?

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

bowmore posted:

What do we reckon? WSW by 1?

I wouldve said this and I'm not sure if we have enough Sydney supporters online to argue

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Hello everyone and this week Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 is finally back on Saturday and by Saturday I don't mean late at night and on Sunday morning but on Saturday night with Melbourne City taking on Wellington Phoenix starting at 11pm est/10pm cst and 8pm pst .

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I think it's just you and me Giovanni, prepare for a onslaught of interesting tactical and strategic insights from myself such as

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
This is actually looking like a good match so far, just need to hope that Phoenix don't collapse into playing Merrickball and bore City to death.

Also "THAT IS WORLD CLASS BONAVACIA!!" *takes shot at goal, goes out for a throw*

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Oh Foxtel Go, will you ever get along with Silverlight for your shithouse DRM?

Not really setting the world on fire yet.

That free kick attempt was laughable.

Just like that goal. Oh City.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 30, 2014

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I just don't understand how apparently there isn't a single striker available in either the poo poo half of Melbourne or anywhere in New Zealand. Do the Waikiki AHAHAHA OH WHAT THR gently caress YOU SPAZZES

how are city even a real team

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

I just don't understand how apparently there isn't a single striker available in either the poo poo half of Melbourne or anywhere in New Zealand. Do the Waikiki AHAHAHA OH WHAT THR gently caress YOU SPAZZES

how are city even a real team
more like melbourne lovely nyuck nyuck nyuck

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
They're not, it's an elaborate joke concocted by Abu Dhabi

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I was just in the middle of making bitey and insightful commentary about the inability of the Nix to score and somehow they stumbled arse forwards straight into a goal. Just shows what can happen if the defenders work together with the strikers on the opposite team

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
MISS OF THE SEASON

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
How the gently caress did Burns miss that?

Edit: Well sorta doesn't matter now.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
What a great goal though

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
how the gently caress do you miss a net that open. Literally could have used himself as a pinball paddle AND WHZT THE gently caress IT HAPPENED AGAIN

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MiniSune posted:

How the gently caress did Burns miss that?

Edit: Well sorta doesn't matter now.

Literally both times ive opened the reply box to post some snarky comment about how poo poo either team are they score.

If it happens again I'm burning myself as a witch

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

how the gently caress do you miss a net that open. Literally could have used himself as a pinball paddle AND WHZT THE gently caress IT HAPPENED AGAIN

You need to drink more to gain understanding.

Edit: And probably so do I. Ah Mekong.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Nov 30, 2014

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
It's the A-League, that's all you need to know. Defenders turn into world class finishers and strikers become retards in front of goal

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Since this is the first game I am fully able to watch fully alert in awhile am guessing Wellington getting goals isn't a common thing? Also that was one hell of a miss which was luckily redeemed with the goal.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MiniSune posted:

You need to drink more to gain understanding.

Edit: And probably so do I. Ah Mekong.

I think I actually drank my way through the other side this weekend and became sober again - I was pretty well behaved but my mates were loving rambunctious and thats good enough. If you were in the south end I probably yelled at you to skull your drink, we got the whole end playing buffalo towards the end.

Mustafa posted:

It's the A-League, that's all you need to know. Defenders turn into world class finishers and strikers become retards in front of goal

2015/2016 Thread title.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Since this is the first game I am fully able to watch fully alert in awhile am guessing Wellington getting goals isn't a common thing? Also that was one hell of a miss which was luckily redeemed with the goal.

Wellington are bizarre, they had a couple games in a row last season where they won 5-0 a couple times on the trot only to immediately lose by the same margin or something like that. In the offseason they've sold or retired their most useful players (Huysegems and Hernandez imo) whereas City/Heart have been useless forever. I make a point to watch Nix games soley because you never know if they're going to be at their retarded worst or their spastic best. They also have the only commentators less informative than the man who said this last week:

“Just admit it: you love vineyards, don’t you? Don’t you? You love rainbows and ponds and things like that… the morning mist!”
Ned Zelic's bizarre reaction to commentary partner Brenton Speed saying “lovely looking night” during Melbourne City-Sydney FC.

This was not the strangest thing he said that night.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
City have already conceded 16 goals this season. Porous.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Mustafa posted:

City have already conceded 16 goals this season. Porous.

A defense with bigger holes than an slutty sponge

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Make that 17, haha

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

A defense with bigger holes than an slutty sponge

A well timed post.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Tongues posted:

Wellington are bizarre, they had a couple games in a row last season where they won 5-0 a couple times on the trot only to immediately lose by the same margin or something like that. In the offseason they've sold or retired their most useful players (Huysegems and Hernandez imo) whereas City/Heart have been useless forever. I make a point to watch Nix games soley because you never know if they're going to be at their retarded worst or their spastic best.

That kinda sounds like what my Fire been going thru expect replace the winning with draws and getting enough to breaking the MLS season record which they use to share with New York Red Bulls by getting 18 draws 6 wins and 8 loses. They are currently in the process of getting rid of all their useful players right now and hopefully might spent money on getting a real DP player which you guys call Marquee player but I doubt it since our owner is very cheap man who don't cares about the team and lives in LA and never go to any of games.

Tongues posted:

They also have the only commentators less informative than the man who said this last week:

“Just admit it: you love vineyards, don’t you? Don’t you? You love rainbows and ponds and things like that… the morning mist!”
Ned Zelic's bizarre reaction to commentary partner Brenton Speed saying “lovely looking night” during Melbourne City-Sydney FC.

This was not the strangest thing he said that night.

That sounds amazing and hearing it in a aussie accent would sound more amazing, too bad we get the Fox Sports feed here.

EDIT:Also while I was putting that post up there was another goal, I wonder if the New York City FC will be as bad as their Melbourne counterparts.

EDIT2: Another goal.

Giovanni_Sinclair fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 30, 2014

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
At what point do you think JVS looks at the millstone around his neck and just says 2000 million or whatever a year just isn't worth it. They might as well just send out the youth squad because the seniors are clearly not up to scratch in any area of the park. Maybe Mooy, but I don't know if that's diamond-in-the-rough or just everyone else being horrendous

ANOTHER FUCKIGN GOAL GOD DAMNIT LET MY FINISH MY POSTS

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Well that's 4 out of potential 5.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Lmao 4-0

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

That kinda sounds like what my Fire been going thru expect replace the winning with draws and getting enough to breaking the MLS season record which they use to share with New York Red Bulls by getting 18 draws 6 wins and 8 loses. They are currently in the process of getting rid of all their useful players right now and hopefully might spent money on getting a real DP player which you guys call Marquee player but I doubt it since our owner is very cheap man who don't cares about the team and lives in LA and never go to any of games.

That sounds amazing and hearing it in a aussie accent would sound more amazing, too bad we get the Fox Sports feed here.

EDIT:Also while I was putting that post up there was another goal, I wonder if the New York City FC will be as bad as their Melbourne counterparts.

EDIT2: Another goal.

He was definitely a least slightly pissed on air, if not still half cut from lunchtime.

I try and follow the MLS when I can but it's only accessible via streams over here as far as I know, but the best one-to-one connection would be Chivas USA and Melbourne City. Except hopefully city might one day maybe improve slightly now that they've entered their youth team in the State League to get senior football all year round. At the very least they can't get much worse than they are now.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Tongues posted:

I try and follow the MLS when I can but it's only accessible via streams over here as far as I know, but the best one-to-one connection would be Chivas USA and Melbourne City. Except hopefully city might one day maybe improve slightly now that they've entered their youth team in the State League to get senior football all year round. At the very least they can't get much worse than they are now.

You should try to follow the MLS for it's faults is still a great league and starts and ends around you guys start and finish up since we both like to play in our summers. Also some sad news to report, Chivas USA is dead now and going to be replace by a new 2nd LA team in 3-4 years. In the meantime I guess if you want a new MLS team to bandwagon/support I guess NYFC since they are also own by Man City.

Giovanni_Sinclair fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 30, 2014

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
The comeback is on

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

You should try to follow the MLS for it's faults is still a great league and starts and ends around you guys start and finish up since we both like to play in our summers. Also some sad news to report, Chivas USA is dead now and going to be replace by a new 2nd LA team in 3-4 years. In the meantime I guess if you want a new MLS team to bandwagon/support I guess NYFC since they are also own by Man City.

Oh no, no no nono. No sir. Not NYCFC. I'm a Victory man, I watch City here only because having poo poo teams in the league is good for no one.

I think I like the poo poo teams all over like a red headed step child, for some reason I like Detroit because it seems economically hosed like my hometown here.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Bring back John Aloisi imo

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Mustafa posted:

Bring back John Aloisi imo

Buy Mourinho

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Tongues posted:

Oh no, no no nono. No sir. Not NYCFC. I'm a Victory man, I watch City here only because having poo poo teams in the league is good for no one.

I think I like the poo poo teams all over like a red headed step child, for some reason I like Detroit because it seems economically hosed like my hometown here.

Oh, well there is a Detroit team but they are like in the 4th division or something. So I guess you could do what I do and support the whole league. There also going to be a Orlando team next year that got "promoted" from the 3rd division but just watch the whole league until you find a team that strikes your fancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Geez, Burns is playing really well for the Phoenix

• Locked thread