Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Oh a hat trick, neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Sold. I tried watching the NASL highlights recently but they are rare as hens teeth apparently

Also, what the gently caress is even happening in Wellington.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Oh a hat trick, neat.

I don't think hat tricks should count against City. Like you need to get 6 goals for it to count as against a real team

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
They brought in Damian duff, Jesus and David villa and got worse. They are just gypsy cursed

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Tongues posted:

Sold. I tried watching the NASL highlights recently but they are rare as hens teeth apparently

Also, what the gently caress is even happening in Wellington.

NASL is cool too, they do a spring/fall season like they do in Latin America which is kinda cool. Always fun to play them in the Open Cup. Also Wellington is treating city like they do sheep's.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Jesus hasn't played yet, nor Koren (who is a midfielder I think), but gently caress me not a defender or goalkeeper in sight

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

NASL is cool too, they do a spring/fall season like they do in Latin America which is kinda cool. Always fun to play them in the Open Cup. Also Wellington is treating city like they do sheep's.

Hey now they treat sheep with dignity and tender caresses.

Now their women on the other hand

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Alright, who's sticking around for the next poo poo show? What happens when two immovable objects meet each other? LETS FIND OUT

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Well that was a fun one sided game to watch to end the day in this neck of the woods, hopefully will air more games at this timeslot or at least around this time. It will make my viewing much more easier to watch.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Well I thought my stream had died, turned out it was just the minutes silence.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Well that was a fun one sided game to watch to end the day in this neck of the woods, hopefully will air more games at this timeslot or at least around this time. It will make my viewing much more easier to watch.

I'm not sure if you get much choice, but see if you get get your hands on a MV or Wanderers game. Adelaide are an actual good team as well, but gently caress those guys.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

Alright, who's sticking around for the next poo poo show? What happens when two immovable objects meet each other? LETS FIND OUT

Obligatory whoever wins we all lose.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Gooooooal!!

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
1-0 to the Jest, probably deserved to be leading.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MiniSune posted:

1-0 to the Jest, probably deserved to be leading.
and as expected the Jets let in a goal a few minutes later

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Two goals in less than an entire tectonic epoch, the F3 derby is alive and kicking like a motherfucker

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Thank you Phil Hughes for the highly needed rest

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
RIP 63 not out

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What a bunch of lame

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

What a bunch of lame

I find this hard to argue against.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
David gallop please make these teams sir in the corner. Bad people.

Bad bad people

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Here is a visual representation of the F3 derby for those who missed it and are dilligently searching the SA forums for updates: .................................................... .................................................... .

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

WSW away was fun. Can't wait for the next game in February.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Shmoses posted:

That's awesome, where do you live now?

Also I gotta say I teared up at the minute's silence and the applause at the 63rd minute. Great effort all round.

I live in Manila.

Home for Christmas in 2 weeks and fly straight into Melbourne, will be a cracker game.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Adnar posted:

I live in Manila.

Home for Christmas in 2 weeks and fly straight into Melbourne, will be a cracker game.
Hell fuckin yeah I'll be there too, drunk as gently caress.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Joining the going to melbourne bandwagon.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

dj_pain posted:

Joining the going to melbourne bandwagon.

I got home and my housekeeper washed my scarf :(

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Broich getting his knee fixed, gone for at least 6 weeks. Pass the spoon lads its coming home with me.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Byolante posted:

Broich getting his knee fixed, gone for at least 6 weeks. Pass the spoon lads its coming home with me.

You will have stiff competition from 3 / 4 nsw sides at least.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
City are going to finish dead bottom, they are scraping a barrel full of poo poo

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Mustafa posted:

City are going to finish dead bottom, they are scraping a barrel full of poo poo

They have a big challenge from roar, newcastle, wsw and CCM for the spoon.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
They're leaking goals like a sieve, they already conceded 17 and it's going to get worse

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

dj_pain posted:

They have a big challenge from roar, newcastle, wsw and CCM for the spoon.

just think 2 of those 5 teams will make the finals. Its a disgrace.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

just think 2 of those 5 teams will make the finals. Its a disgrace.

Best case for immediate expansion into a 32 team league I've ever heard. Every town with a Safeway and a set of traffic lights gets one.

gently caress, might get a run

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
It would appear WSW cant even beat Brisbane. 1-0 to the Orange at HT.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MiniSune posted:

It would appear WSW cant even beat Brisbane. 1-0 to the Orange at HT.

I think the decision not to play Juric will come back to haunt Popa. Only player who's not useless.

Also gently caress Matt McKay

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Well turns out the Australian champions > Asian champions. That club World Cup is coming home

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Anyway congratulations for the Wanderers for getting the 3 points....

.... from 8 games.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Popovic is a fraud. Nice to see the house of cards is crashing down around Western Sydney now they don't get special dispensation to hire anyone they want on whatever wages they want. poo poo club going down the drain and won't be missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

Popovic is a fraud. Nice to see the house of cards is crashing down around Western Sydney now they don't get special dispensation to hire anyone they want on whatever wages they want. poo poo club going down the drain and won't be missed.

This. I know I'm being a cock but seriously gently caress those guys and the constant media fellation. I don't know why it annoys me so much, but so much of the football media here is from Western Sydney and I always cringe when I hear and see journos gushing about them to overseas media.

Also, who scheduled a match for tonight? Is there some special significance to this week that precludes normal scheduling?

• Locked thread