Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

This Finnish window cleaner goes goes perfect in Finnish windshield washers, known locally as pissapoika, literally "pissboy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I think there have been plenty of cases where idiots who ignored clear warning signs and injured themselves have successfully sued the property owners. Sadly.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

mrkillboy posted:

I don't think this is a faithful adaptation.

It's based on the candy bar, not the novel.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
The Three Musketeers were actually elite gunmen, that's why their called musketeers. I don't see any problem.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

The Three Musketeers were actually elite gunmen, that's why their called musketeers. I don't see any problem.

A musketeer was originally anyone with a musket and the knowledge to use it actually. The whole point was these NON elite people could take down trained armored knights with minimal training.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm a musketeer irl with 400 confirmed knight kills and can confirm this.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Stoatbringer posted:

I think there have been plenty of cases where idiots who ignored clear warning signs and injured themselves have successfully sued the property owners. Sadly.

Serious post: Because a warning sign doesn't abrogate responsibility for unsafe or unreasonable conditions. "Warning: Potential risk of black lung" posted outside of a coal mine doesn't give the owners freedom from performing required safety measures.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Those are clearly pressed yams :colbert:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Beach Bum posted:

Those are clearly pressed yams :colbert:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Got some junk in the trunk :haw:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
BOOBIES AND BUTTOCKS ^^

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

When I worked at a fuel station a taxi driver of about that size would regularly come in.

He'd pull up, pop the boot, struggle out of the driver seat, sit in the open boot to HAVE A REST BECAUSE HE WAS WORN OUT before then waddling over to use the bowser.

When coming in to pay he'd lean on the counter and just flick his card to me because he was struggling to simply breathe and stand at the same time let alone use the eftpos pad.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

huh posted:

When I worked at a fuel station a taxi driver of about that size would regularly come in.

He'd pull up, pop the boot, struggle out of the driver seat, sit in the open boot to HAVE A REST BECAUSE HE WAS WORN OUT before then waddling over to use the bowser.

When coming in to pay he'd lean on the counter and just flick his card to me because he was struggling to simply breathe and stand at the same time let alone use the eftpos pad.

Please tell me you always comped him a fully loaded hot dog and slushy each time. I'm talking cheese, tomatoes, onions, chili, chopped up bits of other hot dogs, jalapeños, fries, etc. And then ALL the flavors of slushy mixed together. A man like that deserves the very best.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

PJOmega posted:

Serious post: Because a warning sign doesn't abrogate responsibility for unsafe or unreasonable conditions. "Warning: Potential risk of black lung" posted outside of a coal mine doesn't give the owners freedom from performing required safety measures.

Well it depends on how much trespassing occurred and how much work was put into securing the site. Someone falls into a big open pit in the middle of an unlit field and the owner is liable; someone jumps a well-built fence with proper warning signs and falls into a highly visible well-lit pit and it's a different story.

:sperg:

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Rabble posted:

Well it depends on how much trespassing occurred and how much work was put into securing the site. Someone falls into a big open pit in the middle of an unlit field and the owner is liable; someone jumps a well-built fence with proper warning signs and falls into a highly visible well-lit pit and it's a different story.

:sperg:

If you make something TOO interesting people'll want to head in to it as well. I remember that coming up in a liability law class i took.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

huh posted:

Those all seem like words but they're strange and mysterious to me

Boots go on your feet

Bowser is in a video game

eftpos sound's like a sexual position

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Deteriorata posted:

This is pretty fun: New York Times Regional Dialect Quiz

It does remarkably well at pinning down where you grew up, tempered by where your parents grew up, based on what you call things.

From pages back but this thing knows I'm from Baltimore and I find that incredibly unsettling.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Name accurately reflects goon reaction.
:cry::hf::goonsay:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Puppy Bowl posted:

From pages back but this thing knows I'm from Baltimore and I find that incredibly unsettling.

I just took this and it was loving spot-on.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Name accurately reflects goon reaction.
:cry::hf::goonsay:

I haven't had lunch yet and this only makes me hungry for some Indian fish head curry. I can't read Chinese, though, so those words could be saying something gross for all I know.

edit:
From the Awful Kickstarter thread

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh my God.

Oh my God.

OH MY GOD.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 07:25 on Nov 30, 2014

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Wil.i.am has the worst taste in everything it seems

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ummm... is he wearing black face?

IS it black face if the person wearing it is already black?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sappo569 posted:

Wil.i.am has the worst taste in everything it seems

I dunno, if I had the option to drive a batman villain car I probably would.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Sappo569 posted:

Those all seem like words but they're strange and mysterious to me

Boots go on your feet

Bowser is in a video game

eftpos sound's like a sexual position

The boot is the storage area in the back of a car. A bowser is the machine you use to put petrol into your car. EFTPOS (Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale) is the system one uses to pay for things with a credit or debit card.

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

Tiggum posted:

The boot is the storage area in the back of a car. A bowser is the machine you use to put petrol into your car. EFTPOS (Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale) is the system one uses to pay for things with a credit or debit card.

Wtf is petrol?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Magic car juice.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

syscall girl posted:

Same.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

syscall girl posted:

I mean sure why not it's only $900k :wtc:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

EKDS5k posted:

Wtf is petrol?

It's a type of cheese.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

PittTheElder posted:

It's a type of cheese.

Aaand and we're back to David Mitchell.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

PittTheElder posted:

It's a type of cheese.

Oh, you mean Petril?

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

Tiggum posted:

It's also summer here (tomorrow). How can you tell?

That's how

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I wonder if the (at least) one they got wrong on the British side is deliberate.

sidewalk is not footpath, the correct answer there is "Pavement".

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Pretty sure this one's on Australia or New Zealand actually. In Britain neither eftpos (card machine, most commonly) or bowser (pump) are used commonly.

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.

thespaceinvader posted:

Pretty sure this one's on Australia or New Zealand actually. In Britain neither eftpos (card machine, most commonly) or bowser (pump) are used commonly.

Yes definitely Aussie. Sometimes my husband or close friends have to translate my Australian for other Americans. A South African colleague of mine said someone had "buggered off" and I was the only one who knew what she means. Sadly "yall" has made it into my vocabulary though, drat the south.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

There can be only one. She knows something we don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

IS it black face if the person wearing it is already black?

This is an actual thing that happened with African-American minstrels (because they weren't exaggeratedly black enough for the stage), so yes.

• Locked thread