Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

My god Brazilian reals have an insane conversion rate. Just grabbed Metal Gear Rising to gift someone for 5.60 AUD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - yeah, it's about 39% to real american money, so I always like going to nuuvem.

Van Helsing 2 is a game meant to be played once by normal people, and twice by the crazy arpg treadmill people.

It's a really well polished game and I agree with all the good stuff said about it last page. If you even moderately enjoy arpgs and you don't buy it for that $4 price, you're kinda loving retarded.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Drifter posted:

^^^ - yeah, it's about 39% to real american money, so I always like going to nuuvem.

Van Helsing 2 is a game meant to be played once by normal people, and twice by the crazy arpg treadmill people.

It's a really well polished game and I agree with all the good stuff said about it last page. If you even moderately enjoy arpgs and you don't buy it for that $4 price, you're kinda loving retarded.

You can also get the complete pack for like $1 more.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I have two extra Payday 2 keys from a four pack. Anyone down to buy them? Four pack price is $7.88. I'll toss in the Armored Transport DLC for free.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Yeah, I saw the complete pack. But I figured $4.08 is more enticing to people and I don't know if the DLC is worth it

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

marjorie posted:

Here's a chart to explain all of the DLC:

e: Clearer chart. Basically, you get everything but the white hat pack. So to get everything, you need to get the deluxe edition and the season pass.

"Aiden Pearce's iconic cap" still cracks me the gently caress up

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

marjorie posted:

e: Clearer chart. Basically, you get everything but the white hat pack. So to get everything, you need to get the deluxe edition and the season pass.

Which seems quite bullshitty because it looks like the season pass would involve you buying duplicates of stuff you already have. Man, Ubisoft are lovely.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Drifter posted:

:agreed:

I'm olde enough that 80-400 hour timesink loot-treadmill games aren't really that interesting to me anymore. I have work, huge backlog to play, books to read, gym time, girlfriend, dog, and board game nights that I don't need a mindless black-hole anymore. VH is great for people like us. Grim Dawn is also shaping up to be very much like VH than say D3 which is really nice so I'm pretty stoked when it's finally done.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 30, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Xaris posted:

:agreed: Grim Dawn is also shaping up to be very much like VH than say D3 which is really nice so I'm pretty stoked when it's finally done.

I think they're working on teh final chapter now. Pretty stoked. I have it in my steam library just staring at me, waiting to finally be reinstalled. When it's done...when it's done, and no sooner.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Shock Trooper posted:

"Aiden Pearce's iconic cap" still cracks me the gently caress up

Same here. I don't think Ubisoft knows what 'iconic' means.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

marjorie posted:

Same here. I don't think Ubisoft knows what 'iconic' means.

It has an icon right on it! :downs:

VV Hah!

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

There's an icon on it, duh

Edit: aw hell, beaten :smith:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

oldskool posted:

Oh well. Despite its foibles I still am really enjoying the first game, so as long as the second isn't complete hot garbage that magnifies every problem I have with the first I'll probably feel bad having given them under $5 total for the first two games.
The second game is awesome (I'm even going to refrain from spamming adverts for my guide).

I'm replaying the first one and trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with it.

Like, yes, it's janky, but the exact definition of that jankiness eludes me.

Is it the tiny annoying things like Geralt's insistence on never drawing his sword until a few seconds after a fight starts and he was already hit (even when he's the one who initiated the fight in dialog)? The way random dialog options will end the conversation, and you'll have to wait for the person you're speaking to go through a "sitting down" animation, and then standing back up only to continue where you left off?

The way all the dialog seems like an alien robots impression of snappy noir dialog, as spoken by dead eyed mannequins monologing past each other?

Just the whole package?

Anyways, the second game fixes pretty much all of that.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
As bad as certain elements of the Witcher: EE were, the original was even worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY4j-7t8-VE

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
I got Endless Space just because I liked the rest of the series and had coupons that stacked and turns out it's pretty cool

I didn't know anything much about it going in, but you design your own ships and group them into fleets to explore and colonize star systems, for $6 you should grab it now or when its the same price during the next sale

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Is there a coupon begging/trading thread?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Just about all of the issues with the original Witcher game can be traced back to one thing: It runs on a hacked-together variant of the Neverwinter Nights engine. That's NWN1. The one that looked like this:

In retrospect, it's a miracle it worked out as well as it did.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
I loving loved the first Witcher and I really hate to make definitive comparisons but even I have to admit that The Witcher 2 is a fuckton better than the first one, at least in playability. I bought the first two in the the summer sale for 6 bucks and I feel guilty for only paying 3 bucks for Witcher 2 especially considering how much play time I've gotten out of it.

I've been tempted by Prison Architect. You think I should bite now or wait for the Christmas sale?

Orv
May 4, 2011
...Never knew that. Explains an awful lot.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I bounced right off the first witcher but the second one is one of my favourite games ever. I cannot wait for the third one now, so anyone on the fence about getting the second one should go for it, it's an absolute steal at the sale price.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Guys I just bought a copy of Wasteland 2 from G2A for £6.36 :staredog:

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!

Arnold of Soissons posted:

I got Endless Space just because I liked the rest of the series and had coupons that stacked and turns out it's pretty cool

I didn't know anything much about it going in, but you design your own ships and group them into fleets to explore and colonize star systems, for $6 you should grab it now or when its the same price during the next sale

I'm finding it to be one of the most user-unfriendly games to learn. Like the "tutorial mode" just means that every screen you go into gives you a 15-step powerpoint presentation you have to click through. At no point does the game actually tell you how to win or what to do towards it. I know, I know, PC 4x games are the opposite end of the scale from Call of Duty, but at least Civ 5 actually has a REAL tutorial and constantly gives you hints and tips throughout the way.

The UI is also bloody awful.

edit - it's annoying because I'm a huge fan of the board game Twilight Imperium, which it more or less is with the serial numbers filed off. And despite TI having a 36 page manual it's still easier to learn.

Yoshimo fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Nov 30, 2014

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Testekill posted:

My god Brazilian reals have an insane conversion rate. Just grabbed Metal Gear Rising to gift someone for 5.60 AUD.

For reals?! :haw: Titanfall for $12 is tempting. Might be dead these days though.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Ragequit posted:

For reals?! :haw: Titanfall for $12 is tempting. Might be dead these days though.

It's 5 bucks on Origin and apparently the sale is bringing in a bunch of people?

I remember at one point TF2 was pretty dead, but the sales and now F2P have helped a bunch.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop

Yoshimo posted:

I'm finding it to be one of the most user-unfriendly games to learn. Like the "tutorial mode" just means that every screen you go into gives you a 15-step powerpoint presentation you have to click through. At no point does the game actually tell you how to win or what to do towards it.

I started those tutorials about five times, got pissed off with them every time and quit, and eventually uninstalled it without wasting any more time on it. See also Elite: Dangerous. Probably both decent enough games, but life's too short for lovely, obtuse tutorials.

Is that 40k Armageddon game worth having?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Lareine posted:

I've been tempted by Prison Architect. You think I should bite now or wait for the Christmas sale?
Bite now.

http://www.bundlestars.com/store/enemy-front/
Enemy Front is 7.50 from Bundlestars. Is it good enough to sate my WW2 shootyness? I already have Sniper Elite 2/3 but I want more run and gun.

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?

Mister Adequate posted:

Guys I just bought a copy of Wasteland 2 from G2A for £6.36 :staredog:

I remember reading/hearing that this was a buggy mess on launch. Have they fixed most/all of the issues yet?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Tezzeract posted:

It's 5 bucks on Origin and apparently the sale is bringing in a bunch of people?

I remember at one point TF2 was pretty dead, but the sales and now F2P have helped a bunch.

Didn't even think to check Origin directly. Hah. I don't think TF2 was "dead" at any time since release though.

Edit: Wow didn't know the base price of Titanfall had dropped to $20. That's why I thought $12 was a good deal.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Nov 30, 2014

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Yoshimo posted:

I'm finding it to be one of the most user-unfriendly games to learn. Like the "tutorial mode" just means that every screen you go into gives you a 15-step powerpoint presentation you have to click through. At no point does the game actually tell you how to win or what to do towards it. I know, I know, PC 4x games are the opposite end of the scale from Call of Duty, but at least Civ 5 actually has a REAL tutorial and constantly gives you hints and tips throughout the way.

The UI is also bloody awful.

edit - it's annoying because I'm a huge fan of the board game Twilight Imperium, which it more or less is with the serial numbers filed off. And despite TI having a 36 page manual it's still easier to learn.

I don't know, I felt like the tutorial did a dece job of explaining what your options were on each screen, when you got to it

It doesn't help much with over all strategy, but its a 4x so expand, research, build, try a new game if you hosed up :shrug:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Essobie posted:

I remember reading/hearing that this was a buggy mess on launch. Have they fixed most/all of the issues yet?

Only the second part (and then mostly just the last big town) but they produced a few patches with huge amount of fixes. I haven't got around to replaying it with the patches yet, but I'd assume it's fine now. But then again by some miracle most of the bugs avoided me in the unpatched version, too, so YMMV.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Looking to get Wasteland 2 on G2A for $8.70 and do I need this G2A Shield? Key protection? Da gently caress?

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

GreenNight posted:

Looking to get Wasteland 2 on G2A for $8.70 and do I need this G2A Shield? Key protection? Da gently caress?

G2A resells keys. In case the key is bad, they sell this key protection stuff. I don't think anyone has needed it, lots of goons (myself included) have bought keys from G2A with no issue.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Flopstick posted:

Is that 40k Armageddon game worth having?

Not for that price. Terribly balanced, really grognardy and the only good part is that it is moddable.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Anyone here played Defiance? Is it any fun to mess around in for an hour or two every day, or do I need to poopsock to get the most enjoyment.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm really hoping shovel knight gets a deal. That's pretty much all I want right now.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
If I want Painkiller its the Black Edition I want for the most levels and staking action, right?

Not concerned about graphics, want lots of fun co op murdering.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

GMG's deals today: Resident Evil series, Telltale series, Hitman series. As always check their VIP page for their biggest discounts (but you can't apply the 20% off voucher to them).

e: This is Crowfeathers' opportunity to talk about Law & Order Legacies which is 50% off

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 30, 2014

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Sloppy posted:

I think I'm getting old, Wolfenstein New Order just overwhelms me with camera shake and particle effects and EXPLOSIONS. I had the same problem with other recent FPSs I've tried, there is just so much going on all the time and I'm running around spastically firing in random directions trying to figure out where the hell I'm getting shot from because everything is visual noise. I miss when it was just rooms and crates and maybe some hookers :mad:

Then I find something like FTL or Space Run or Terraria and just play for hours.

It slows down as things move on that first prologue area way too much for me too but once you get into the real game it was way more methodical for the most past.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Anyone here played Defiance? Is it any fun to mess around in for an hour or two every day, or do I need to poopsock to get the most enjoyment.

I got it ages ago but I didn't play for long. The goal seems interesting but the shooting just didn't feel tight. Anyway it seemed fine, there were regular group events in the open world, group stuff you could queue for, deathmatch and so on. If the shooting feels good to you you would probably have a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
Is there a PinballFX thread? Because this weeks humblebundle owns

• Locked thread