Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Seriously though, why don't the Jedis use their jedi power to just turn off the other person's litesabre?

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

which group of black stormtroopers has worse aim?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Seriously though, why don't the Jedis use their jedi power to just turn off the other person's litesabre?

:chloe:

Or use the Force to give the other guy a brain aneurysm or something. Don't go start thinking logically about that poo poo.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Tarquinn posted:

Or just do this instead:

Sweet but why are there Jedi in Game of Thrones now ?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Frank Horrigan posted:

this is terrible

:agreed:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Daynab posted:

Talking about the new series for kids, wasn't there a mandalorian with a glowing black sword or something that obi-wan duels?

that was an old sith light saber. the closest you get is the weird club thing savage opress had.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

A misanthrope posted:

*checks in on thread and sees that everyone is still talking about the loving lightsaber*

*closes thread*

LOL but it's hilarious. Come on, stop being butt hurt and laugh along with us. I won't tell anyone. You can still like your dumb show for babbys and also think that sword is helllla dumb.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

TOILETLORD posted:

that was an old sith light saber. the closest you get is the weird club thing savage opress had.

Savage Opress. Theres a character named Savage Opress.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Gutcruncher posted:

Savage Opress. Theres a character named Savage Opress.

darth mauls not brother.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Sounds like a cheap James Bond villain

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

TOILETLORD posted:

darth mauls not brother.

I thought you were joking.

I wish you were joking.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Jackard posted:

Sounds like a cheap James Bond villain

Darth Onatop

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
so announce at me nerds, is there anything to the rumor that the sith dude is darth revan or what

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the trailer looks cool but that loving lightsaber lmao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Zippy the Bummer posted:

so announce at me nerds, is there anything to the rumor that the sith dude is darth revan or what

It's Darth Brooks

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Alan Smithee posted:

Darth Brooks

mods????

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I want this movie to be better than Empire Strikes back just to watch all the life long fanatics poo poo themselves that we live in a post Empire Superiority World.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to see this poo poo in the theater and get all excited for the opening music and credits and it better not blow or I swear to allah poo poo will go down

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

I'm going to see this poo poo in the theater and get all excited for the opening music and credits and it better not blow or I swear to allah poo poo will go down

My guess is that I you enjoyed the Star Trek reboot for the big dumb action picture it was then you'll enjoy the new Star Wars. If you hated the Star Trek reboot then you are probably in for a world of disappointment.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i knew it was going to be a dumb action movie going in and I liked it

I expect the same; nothing groundbreaking but if I see one Jar Jar Binks...

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Entropic posted:

Darth Onatop

Busty O'Goodjedi

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Moridin920 posted:

I expect the same; nothing groundbreaking but if I see one Jar Jar Binks...

Well, not unless there's a scene with the entire Gungan race getting herded into extermination camps or something. "Mesa smell stinky Zyklon-B!"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well, not unless there's a scene with the entire Gungan race getting herded into extermination camps or something. "Mesa smell stinky Zyklon-B!"

I think the death star solution would be easier.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
darth algar

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Moridin920 posted:

the trailer looks cool but that loving lightsaber lmao

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
New trailer released!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng

(not mine, found on youtube. Created by some mad genius)

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It's not true, but people like simple narratives rather than complex truths so George Lucas is both an incompetent boob who lucked into success on the back of Marcia Lucas and a Machiavellian schemer who wrecked his movies on purpose just to spite her

While it may not be true that Lucas re-released the movies to screw over his ex, it is most certainly true that she was the one that saved the original movie and without her we would have had a campy Buck Rogers poo poo movie.

So he's the boob.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Entropic posted:

Or use the Force to give the other guy a brain aneurysm or something. Don't go start thinking logically about that poo poo.
I anxiously await David Cronenberg's interpretation of Star Wars, wherein Force adepts make other people's heads explode or bodies spontaneously ignite.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Tarquinn posted:

Or just do this instead:

This is much cooler

Cabrini-Green Tea
Aug 20, 2009

wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

Miltank posted:

the lightsaber was cool

If the aluminum falcon didn't make your inner autist jump a little then you're dead inside

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I've not seen it nor will I see the movie.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sombrerotron posted:

I anxiously await David Cronenberg's interpretation of Star Wars, wherein Force adepts make other people's heads explode or bodies spontaneously ignite.

This is what I wanted for the Yoda-Sidious fight

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Why did Obi Wan Kenobi go into hiding under the alias Ben Kenobi? Luke guessed his identity within seconds, anyone could've figured it out.

Leia knew his pretend name based on her first meeting with Luke. Really? What good is it that the daughter of some guy you knew long ago knows where you hide and what your assumed identity is? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Obi wan didn't think this through.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
they should of just given the sith dude a light buster sword. would make more sense.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Gutcruncher posted:

Why did Obi Wan Kenobi go into hiding under the alias Ben Kenobi? Luke guessed his identity within seconds, anyone could've figured it out.

Leia knew his pretend name based on her first meeting with Luke. Really? What good is it that the daughter of some guy you knew long ago knows where you hide and what your assumed identity is? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Obi wan didn't think this through.

It's almost as if Lucas was making poo poo up as he went along.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Entropic posted:

It's almost as if Lucas was making poo poo up as he went along.

i prefer the idea that his name was really O B 1 the generation and model number of a clone, and the real obiwan is dead.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Rian Johnson directing eight and nine is basically about as cool as Cronenberg, Scorcese and Lynch being approached to make the eighties Star Warses, but they are actually getting made.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
movie is going to own

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
can't wait till future land gets turned into star wars land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

TOILETLORD posted:

can't wait till future land gets turned into star wars land.

disneyland is gonna own

• Locked thread