Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Brainbread posted:

As it stands, if you want to do Vay Hek, you're gonna have to farm all of those keys yourself.
I want to farm vay hek, and no one is doing missions that let me make keys. I definitely agree with what you said. With how much the key costs I didn't realize it was consumable. They should just make it not consumable after people lose interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
At least with Hek you can get key fragments passively. People are gonna be doing Ceres missions anyway, so six months down the line a bunch of people are gonna have a key without trying. With this alad scheme only the people who are actively trying to get coordinates are gonna get them, and trying to grind up Mesa once the next big update hits is gonna be even worse than it is now.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Denzine posted:

Actually you can, I got that one from ... someone. I forget who. I wasn't around during closed beta.

It was likely me. I give out my Ancient Cores as my payment for goon charity.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Helter Skelter posted:

Those are what the old mods from closed beta turned into when they switched to the current mod system. Up until I want to say Update 13 or so they weren't named any differently than regular cores, and the only difference is that you can't trade them.

Interesting. I don't remember that at all, but I was around back then. Sucks getting old, I guess!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Ok wtf happened?

I take a few months break, and suddenly I'm looking at some wild Mesa update?

What did I miss? Anything interesting?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Male Man posted:

At least with Hek you can get key fragments passively. People are gonna be doing Ceres missions anyway, so six months down the line a bunch of people are gonna have a key without trying. With this alad scheme only the people who are actively trying to get coordinates are gonna get them, and trying to grind up Mesa once the next big update hits is gonna be even worse than it is now.

Why they didn't go with the far more friendly and sensible route of having the new units drop the new nav coords I'll never know.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Sprecherscrow posted:

Why they didn't go with the far more friendly and sensible route of having the new units drop the new nav coords I'll never know.

So people will buy her outright instead of dealing with the grind.

Khorne posted:

I want to farm vay hek, and no one is doing missions that let me make keys. I definitely agree with what you said. With how much the key costs I didn't realize it was consumable. They should just make it not consumable after people lose interest.

Kiste is your best option. Sometimes there will be a few people running it, but you'll likely have to farm the endless missions for the other fragments on your own. :/

Brainbread fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 30, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

hagie posted:

Ok wtf happened?

Honestly not really. 'More Warframe' is the biggest answer.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

It may not be but literally who cares unless you're at the :spergin:iest of content.

Balance is important at all levels of play. :colbert:

hagie posted:

Ok wtf happened?

There's syndicate rep grind now, with actually useful rewards in many cases. There's also a bunch of mods that change how certain powers work(gated behind syndicates) and syndicate weapons as well. Plus the requisite new guns that are mostly complete poo poo(gammacore i'm looking at you) but one or two that are neat enough. There's also a new frame and new Infested that are just as irritating as we figured they would be during the devstreams that announced them, but not so powerful that Infested aren't still the easiest faction to murder endlessly. They do at least make it less monotonous.

The new frame is pretty boring though so don't feel like you have to be a dick to get her.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I'm seeing 2 new frames. I left a few days after Nyx prime access began...

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Limbo, the male frame, is actually pretty okay in his niche once you get him maxed out.

His niche is basically being pre-nerf Frost in that he has one skill that means anything and is most useful on Defense to make the pod pretty much invulnerable.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Denzine posted:

Limbo, the male frame, is actually pretty okay in his niche once you get him maxed out.

His niche is basically being pre-nerf Frost in that he has one skill that means anything and is most useful on Defense to make the pod pretty much invulnerable.

The thing about Limbo is that all his abilities are basically small variants on the same thing

Scorpion 3-2
Apr 2, 2011
Limbo is acctually really usfull for Rescue when you build him for duration since he can but the target into limbo and make it ignore all damage. I also like using him for Capture but I guess you could use a Loki for that.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

YellerBill posted:

The thing about Limbo is that all his abilities are basically small variants on the same thing

Annoying other people

and it's great

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Brainbread posted:

So people will buy her outright instead of dealing with the grind.

Kiste is your best option. Sometimes there will be a few people running it, but you'll likely have to farm the endless missions for the other fragments on your own. :/
Which fragments come from regular missions and which come from Endless? I have tons of everything except Delta.

edit; Also what's this I hear about a Speed Nova build? The last time I played her was pre the changes to MPrime.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 30, 2014

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

Annoying other people

and it's great

Not anymore.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Pierson posted:

edit; Also what's this I hear about a Speed Nova build? The last time I played her was pre the changes to MPrime.

Nova's Molecular Prime's slow is affected by her power strength. Increasing it increases the slow; decreasing it makes enemies go faster. With corrupt mods, you can lower the strength below 0 (and increase the duration, making it huge) to get all the enemies on the map to run really fast into whatever meatgrinder you have set up for them, making infested defenses go through waves really quickly.

Or you can use it to troll people.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That's loving incredible and I have to try it on Kiste.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Pierson posted:

That's loving incredible and I have to try it on Kiste.

It's so great on Kiste. I've pulled nearly 400k total affinity from a single Kiste run using a speednova.

Remember to jack your power duration as high as possible. The goal is to time it so that your Prime rolls over the spawn points as the enemies are spawning, letting them turborun all the way into your murderteam in as little time as possible. And as a bonus they still take double damage.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Male Man posted:

It's so great on Kiste. I've pulled nearly 400k total affinity from a single Kiste run using a speednova.

Remember to jack your power duration as high as possible. The goal is to time it so that your Prime rolls over the spawn points as the enemies are spawning, letting them turborun all the way into your murderteam in as little time as possible. And as a bonus they still take double damage.

I want to see what a Speednova and a Mesa built for maximum uptime on Peacemaker can get up to now.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Brainbread posted:

Like, when was the last time anyone did Vay Hek?
Me, last night, full goon group of non-hydroidhavers.

After getting Delta beacons from other goons through trading.

Which, in turn...

Pierson posted:

Which fragments come from regular missions and which come from Endless? I have tons of everything except Delta.
...was after yelling for a while about DE apparently breaking guaranteed Delta drops on Casta?

Denzine posted:

but not so powerful that Infested aren't still the easiest faction to murder endlessly. They do at least make it less monotonous.
A reminder to everyone: Don't be a Grinerd, avoid rubbing Infestation stank all over your squad. Roll or melee to remove bees.
I know, I know, it gets everywhere and often can't be avoided, I merely ask for a minimum of effort.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Fish Noise posted:

A reminder to everyone: Don't be a Grinerd, avoid rubbing Infestation stank all over your squad. Roll or melee to remove bees.
I know, I know, it gets everywhere and often can't be avoided, I merely ask for a minimum of effort.

And then someone's Kubrow gets the fleas and it comes right back again.

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
Archwing stuff: Is it worth doing versus normal missions? I'm thinking I might just wait it out until it gets less buggy before doing anything with it.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Coach Sport posted:

Archwing stuff: Is it worth doing versus normal missions? I'm thinking I might just wait it out until it gets less buggy before doing anything with it.

Outside of Limbo Quest stuff, no. It has no bearing on the rest of the game (not yet at least).

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Well, it is kinda fun.

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!
I apologize if this has been asked like 20+ times here, but I'm completely out of luck in terms of doing my own testing and homework. Does anyone know a decent way of farming Argon Crystals for a shy solo player like me? I don't think I have good enough stuff to really solo T4 anything and trying to solo basic void stuff has gotten me 1 argon in the last 24 hours. I'm pretty desperate for any kinda luck here.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont solo.

Just yell 'Doing t1 void poo poo' and people will jump in.

Jump in when people yell 'doing void towers' too.

Never stop grinding.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A tip from pros: When the Gurstrag Three appear to kick your poo poo in, it's considered Very Bad Manner to intentionally disconnect and leave the rest of your squad to get hosed without warning.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
In other news, the Stalker's new "lock all doors" feature can get you in some really close quarters combat with him, so try to stick to the big halls until he spawns.

Coach Sport posted:

Personally I find it more fun than the base game, and I haven't really had any bug issues, but apparently I'm not the majority.
Reward-wise it only gives more archwing stuff, plus resources and syndicate rep so your call there.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Has anyone found the Mutalist exterminations buggier than usual? There've been quite a number of times now where we're stuck looking for the last infested but the radar only highlights the exit.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I think it might be getting confused by the boiler's spawn pods.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Brainbread posted:

And then someone's Kubrow gets the fleas and it comes right back again.
And that's why I am gently reminding, rather than cracking a whip about it.

It would be really nice to have some way of dealing with it on allies, considering the range it spreads at and how it can instantly reinfect.

Or, you know, an immunity or resistance duration after you get rid of it.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Hey uh, how do you start the mastery tests? My friend said it's a button in your profile but I logged in and out a few times, my mastery is capped to level 1 and I can't find a way to start it anywhere, and nothing's showing up in my profile menu.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
At the top left under your name there will be a button like "Rank up", it's near the button you use to leave squads

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

And that's why I am gently reminding, rather than cracking a whip about it.

It would be really nice to have some way of dealing with it on allies, considering the range it spreads at and how it can instantly reinfect.

Or, you know, an immunity or resistance duration after you get rid of it.

The Ignis should be a valid way to cure it.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Also would be nice if Ember and Zephyr powers would get rid of bees. Ember powers should even get rid of floor goop. Gives Ember an edge she sorely needs in *something*.

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011
ATTENTION CARE BEAR POLICE:

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

Stephano (Uranus): STRING NOT FOUND: /lotus/types/items/miscitems/infestedaladcoordinate - [Infestation] 100%
As of 10:50PM Central Standard Time.

That is all.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

So where would be good locations to farm napalms and power fists for the Malicious Raptor and Rage? The rare mods that drop from 1 mob is a rather annoying mechanic.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Found what turned out to be my first nightmare mode alert tonight :v: had no idea those existed. But got Blaze for it, which is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Fish Noise posted:

...was after yelling for a while about DE apparently breaking guaranteed Delta drops on Casta?
Sorry to sound like a broken record but; so is it still broken and I'm poo poo outta luck, or should I get my rear end to Casta for Delta Beacons?