Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sync
Nov 16, 2012

Wassbix posted:

drat those CS changes are god awful. I guess I would have to try it out but looks awful on paper. It forces people to do a linear wallkill-> mid pyre -> inner.

Equalized Fraywind sounds fun. Adrenal told me he would teach me how to fraywind but then he never did....

I could see that, but i do like that there won't be any more 15 minute absolute defense stomps, it'll be over faster now when the teams are very poorly mismatched.

All that aside, there's a globally announced achievement for jihading 200 people. I am getting this achievement, needless to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

So reapers are cool and I feel like Kratos.

By the way, does anyone know the name of the outfit at the end of this guide? It looks cool and not crappy.

AdorableStar fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 20, 2014

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Wassbix posted:

Equalized Fraywind sounds fun. Adrenal told me he would teach me how to fraywind but then he never did....

I got 2 weeks off so I can do Fraywind with you if want but I haven't played in months so I suck. Caught Pooks on Steam who reminded me this game still exists.

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?

AdorableStar posted:

By the way, does anyone know the name of the outfit at the end of this guide? It looks cool and not crappy.

Both of the outfits at the end are Reaper-exclusive costumes on KTERA. They don't seem to be in NA yet.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Pollyzoid posted:

Both of the outfits at the end are Reaper-exclusive costumes on KTERA. They don't seem to be in NA yet.

Well that sucks; Koreans get everything I guess.

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
They are in NA. The pink dress you get just for making a reaper, the other you buy from the fashion coupon shop.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

WanderingKid posted:

I got 2 weeks off so I can do Fraywind with you if want but I haven't played in months so I suck. Caught Pooks on Steam who reminded me this game still exists.

Hey adrenal, been leveling with a friend of mine who wanted to play Tera randomly out of the blue. If I catch you around lets play some CS or Fraywind for old time sakes (Alex started playing again).

Failing at Queen was lot of fun too

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

Woop

On my lancer I can barely keep ahead on aggro on Krakatox against an archetype crit rate zerker, and now I see why, I crit TS on him like 90% of the time and have aggro like half the fight against equivalently geared tanks. Krakatox's crit resist seems incredibly low, and since his attack chains are so long, as long as aggro switches every once in a while it's like there's no tank at all. Do groups even bring tanks anymore? They seem super useless especially in such a DPS centric fight.

I've had some luck pushing more crit rate/crit crystals over aggro on my lancer, I feel like it keeps me alot further ahead on aggro, but zerks still cause switches and then everything goes to hell control-wise. I guess it's time to get an archetype lance next :(

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I find Krakatox to move much less with a tank than without. And first boss is definitely easier with a tank. Done both bosses with and without a tank though. Also, the tanks I know usually go full DPS for Krakatox and just Infuriate when he exists shield to provide some easier burn time.

Also you're probably better off using a Forceful or Mutinous if you crit 90% of the time on TS already.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
New CS is actually pretty fun. People Managed to become worse also. What character do you run around in Adrenal?

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
I havent played in months but ill have time next week to hop on. Last time i played i was mainly playing berzerker and priest and was levelling a slayer. Warrior is my fav class though. I probably suck with all of them at this stage.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

So, giving up on Wildstar so I thought I'd try this with a friend since I have an ancient account with founder status. I have a couple questions:

1) the "Free" to play, seems to be reasonably generous in the game, will my friend need to buy a box of any sort, or can anyone just download and go? Is there any significantly gimped aspect of the "free" accounts that is going to hit my friend in the face at some point? The only thing I can seem to see is the daily quests and dungeons seem to be restricted in some way.

2) What's a solid combination if we only plan on playing together, but also probably a tank and a healer with nukes? In theory we might make it to the dungeons and it'd be helpful to be able to get instant queues (assuming the game even has a group finder mechanic.) I was thinking of a Lancer and Mystic since the Mystic seems to be the more damagey sort of healer.

(I won't be back for six hours, but the thread seems fairly quiet so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask now.)

Edit: Well, thank you to the poster below. We won't be pvping so looks like it's priest for me. I thought the dumb dual wielding scythe class looked fun, but alas my highest previous character is 23.

Blorknorg fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 30, 2014

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

Blorknorg posted:

So, giving up on Wildstar so I thought I'd try this with a friend since I have an ancient account with founder status. I have a couple questions:

1) the "Free" to play, seems to be reasonably generous in the game, will my friend need to buy a box of any sort, or can anyone just download and go? Is there any significantly gimped aspect of the "free" accounts that is going to hit my friend in the face at some point? The only thing I can seem to see is the daily quests and dungeons seem to be restricted in some way.

2) What's a solid combination if we only plan on playing together, but also probably a tank and a healer with nukes? In theory we might make it to the dungeons and it'd be helpful to be able to get instant queues (assuming the game even has a group finder mechanic.) I was thinking of a Lancer and Mystic since the Mystic seems to be the more damagey sort of healer.

(I won't be back for six hours, but the thread seems fairly quiet so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask now.)

In terms of leveling, there isn't a whole lot of difference between founder and non-founder. If I remember correctly, you'll have a faster mount than he will but it really isn't that big of a deal. You should have an 8 person character limit while he has a 2 character limit, but again this probably isn't that big of a deal. There is a subscription option called "Elite" and it comes with 6 1 hour 100% XP boosts, among other things, so if one of you is paying the monthly sub and the other isn't the one paying will have access to a significant XP boost that the other doesn't.

Here's a full rundown of the difference: http://support.enmasse.com/tera/tera-game-account-types

For classes, really just about anything will work. In the current endgame, priests are generally preferred for their better buffs and significantly higher healing, while mystics are less so but are a more interesting class in PvP. Lancer works just fine and with a lancer you should have almost instant dungeon queues since tanks are by far the most desired class. If you want to roll a DPS instead, you will have slower queue times but any DPS works fine; they are all fairly well balanced in endgame PvE content. In PvP lancer beats everything mostly because macros but besides that just about anything works, it's just a preference kind of thing.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Thrall of Vengeance (I think?) are so underwhelming. Three attacks? Lame.

Actually all the Thralls are pretty lame, but c'est la vie. I suppose the game wouldn't really support a "hard" pet class like Warlocks or Hunters.

On one hand I wish there was more then 1 path for leveling for the first bit, on the other hand I've leveled like 3-4 characters over the months so I guess I don't mind it that much. :v:

AdorableStar posted:

So reapers are cool and I feel like Kratos.

Elin only, no Popori, no deal, reapers.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Hey. I started a big guy priest. Tried applying to DGKK a few days ago but haven't heard anything back. Is there still much of a goon presence in this game?

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

Beartaco posted:

Hey. I started a big guy priest. Tried applying to DGKK a few days ago but haven't heard anything back. Is there still much of a goon presence in this game?

Nope, not really. DGKK is dead, apply to No Fun Allowed. We merged with them, the 4chan guild, a long time ago. Apply with DGKK/SA in the application message or something along those lines.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Beartaco posted:

My fault - I've got invite powers to DGKK, but I took a break after grinding like mad on the triple-drop weekend. That said, it's generally just me on, and I hang out in the NFA mumble so like Sync said, just join there.

The worst part about TERA is it makes tab-target MMOs unplayable. :(

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
TERA is coming (back) to steam.

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/TERA-Is-Coming-to-Steam-Steam-FAQs-119579

http://store.steampowered.com/app/323370/

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Anatharon posted:

Thrall of Vengeance (I think?) are so underwhelming. Three attacks? Lame.

I don't know... I'm at 50 now and my thrall can 1-shot a BAM. I just wish it wouldn't use the spike attack. Waste of god drat CPU watching that thing run in close, fire off a spike and overshoot by 15 meters every time.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

I thought it'd be be remiss if someone didn't post this in the thread:

http://tera.enmasse.com/fate-of-arun

First level cap expansion!

Also I somehow ended up with leadership of a small endgame-focused PVE guild. We're the type to shoot for +15, run ABHM for the fun of it, and just do random solo things on TERA until someone gets it in their mind to run MCHM so they can make and +12 VM1 gear for god knows what reason. We're serious about playing at the highest level and clearing the toughest content (we all have VM3.5 on at least one character), but not so serious that we sacrifice friendships or demand everyone stick to some draconian schedule. I'm the only goon as far as I know, most of the members split from one of the other 4Chan guilds. Shoot me a guild app (guild name is Atonement) or message me on Fortress/Hatchet/Gramme if you're interested!

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'll probably be coming back for 65 but I'll stay in NFA, I like being there.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I just applied to NFA because every time some news comes up I think "hey I liked this game" and I reinstall because Lancer-ing ruled and I want to try the new dungeons.

I just checked the brokerage too and I discovered I have a Blue Angel Halo in my inventory, sellable, that apparently goes for 100,000g. Is this one of those things that people just put up for insane cash or does this thing actually sell for that much? I could basically outfit my Lancer for that money it seems.

VVV That's good advice, thanks man.

edit; Ahahahaha I don't have enough money to list it because apparently this game charges listing fees and not selling fees, and I'd need over 4000 to sell it. loving incredible.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 23, 2014

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

70k is probably a more realistic price based on the broker history, and even then it'll probably take a while to sell. But I'm sure it'll sell eventually, it's been out of circulation for a really long time (years?) and I imagine it's a bit of a status symbol at this point. I'd try to sell it ASAP since who knows when EME will randomly decide to make it available again. If I were you I'd list it for 85k or something and see what kind of offers you get.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

Pierson posted:

edit; Ahahahaha I don't have enough money to list it because apparently this game charges listing fees and not selling fees, and I'd need over 4000 to sell it. loving incredible.

You can buy Elite status for the month for $15, which lets you list things without a fee. The monthly gift for November is really nice, basically a straight up cash infusion with a good chance of an additional jackpot:

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/elite-status-gifts-for-november

Just need to buy Elite before November 25, 7am PST to get it. Or get a goon who has Elite to sell it for you, I can do it if you don't know anyone who's subscribed. I'll trade you something of equivalent value until it's sold as collateral.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Is there a place to still get the boxed copy or a code or whatever for Founder's status for the mount/character slots/emeralds?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Yuriy posted:

Is there a place to still get the boxed copy or a code or whatever for Founder's status for the mount/character slots/emeralds?
Amazon for $17. I have a spare physical box copy here sitting unused if you are interested.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

So is the coliseum basically hero line wars, and can we level in those or ignore the grind in that?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

tearshed posted:

Amazon for $17. I have a spare physical box copy here sitting unused if you are interested.

Sure, email me at healmanx @ gmail so we can work poo poo out

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Yuriy posted:

Sure, email me at healmanx @ gmail so we can work poo poo out
Someone else nabbed it, sorry.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I just got back in to this after a few years break. Holy crap am I a terrible gambler and have wasted so much gold on the stupid Bamorama event!

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

Does anyone who plays KTera have an idea of what the economy is like there since the level cap patch? Has gold deflated a lot? I've been selling all my crap under that assumption but I don't know if I should be bothering.

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
Anyone try the new expansion? Would love to hear some opinions.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

General consensus seems to be that it's a good update with improvements to a lot of things, and the new endgame dungeons are better than anything since the Queen patch, excluding ABHM. Leveling dungeons are lovely, but the overall leveling experience is a lot better. Getting accessories is still a ballache. I think Tera has a decent future if they keep this level of quality in future updates.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

pertinent posted:

I don't know... I'm at 50 now and my thrall can 1-shot a BAM. I just wish it wouldn't use the spike attack. Waste of god drat CPU watching that thing run in close, fire off a spike and overshoot by 15 meters every time.

I think I need to beat the habit of thinking of it as a WoW Infernal out of me, when it's more like a Doom Guard if anything.

Xy Hapu posted:

General consensus seems to be that it's a good update with improvements to a lot of things, and the new endgame dungeons are better than anything since the Queen patch, excluding ABHM. Leveling dungeons are lovely, but the overall leveling experience is a lot better. Getting accessories is still a ballache. I think Tera has a decent future if they keep this level of quality in future updates.

Yeah, far worse MMOs have coasted far longer.

I don't think the leveling dungeons are as bad as a lot of people seemed to but I legitimatelly really liked the endgame ones.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Recently re-installed this game. Forgot how much fun Warrior is. Levelling definitely feels like less of a chore.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
The expansion is definitely scaling down their playerbase size expectations - from KN20 to REHM 10 to BR 5... less and less people needed each patch.

Sad, I enjoyed the big coordinated instances (Wonderhome/RE)

RobertDanger
Dec 4, 2003
Here comes danger!

Is there still an active guild in this game? If so what server is it on. I got a level 28 Slayer on tempest reach.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
If I've been away from the game in years (too much time playing WoT) is there a way to swing myself back into the game?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

RobertDanger posted:

Is there still an active guild in this game? If so what server is it on. I got a level 28 Slayer on tempest reach.

I think the 4chan guild is where a bunch of goons ended up, but I don't know what server it's on; I play with RL friends on Celestial Hills.

Harik posted:

The expansion is definitely scaling down their playerbase size expectations - from KN20 to REHM 10 to BR 5... less and less people needed each patch.

Sad, I enjoyed the big coordinated instances (Wonderhome/RE)

I feel like 10 was a reasonable size, but 20 dudes is kind of annoying in WoW if you just played with friends as opposed to being in a big guild, and that has more players by orders of magnitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Gonna play this again soon with a new character. I read a little about the new stuff that the expansion is offering high level characters but what changes have been implemented for characters at all levels? I last stopped playing about a month after Reapers were released just to provide a point of reference.

Edit: I found the patch notes, but if there is more than the notes suggest then I welcome the information. Thanks.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 26, 2015

• Locked thread