Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm really happy to see Akira's Zaram-form continuing to pop up from time to time. I would not have been surprised to see that get dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

jivjov posted:

Have you forgotten about Kachidoki so quickly?

I have no idea how I managed to, but yes, I did.
Second best suit, then.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

jivjov posted:

I'm really happy to see Akira's Zaram-form continuing to pop up from time to time. I would not have been surprised to see that get dropped.

It is honestly a neat thing how they make it a worthwhile thing. He's stronger as ToQ 6 but the fact that Dark Stations and other things exist mean his Shadow Line form is still useful. I wonder if they intended that from the start with the whole 30 second time limit and inability to change lines or it just ended up a happy coincidence.

Nyarlathotep
May 29, 2003
What's people's opinion on kamen rider blade?

Watch it by itself, or watch it in the gaps between episodes of drive? (Or not at all, i guess that's a possibility)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The problem with Blade is...

You know how people rag on TV Nihon subs nowadays but mostly they just leave honorifics and some times they don't capture the character's voice or intent with dialogue, but otherwise it's technically correct and thus not really that bad?

Yeah that's not the case with Blade.

Blade is one of their earlier jobs, and their subtitles for it are mildly incomprehensible. I watched the first 8 episodes or so and I still have no real idea what the gently caress was going on beyond what I could make out from the visuals. Apparently the entire first half of Blade is just utterly wrong like that.

I know of one other show where they just *UTTERLY* hosed it up- Ultraman Nexus.

They translate Nexus so terribly to actually REMOVE PLOT POINTS AND MAKE THINGS MAKE LESS SENSE.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Still, Blade is well worth your time to watch, despite the crabstick level subtitles, the show really has a je ne sais quoi that really captivates, and kept me interested throughout the whole series. I can't even say the suits are fantastic, because while they are visually appealing, they are also terribly cheap looking.

It's a fun show, if you keep in mind that there's not a whole lot of subtlety that you'll be able to catch and just enjoy the fights and the monsters and the sheer madness of it all, then you'll enjoy it a whole lot more.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Sorry to interrupt Blade-talk, but does anyone have a link to those subs for Black that were posted a few months back? I lost my hard drive, and while I still have the torrent for the raws, I'm missing the subs.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Blade is pretty ok but it is legit difficult to tell the main riders apart early on. And I'm not just being racist, there is a Japanese-made webcomic that makes jokes of the series that even had a "welp let's just draw the card suits on our faces so we can tell each other apart" comic.

The transformations are cool, the suits are cool. The drama is alright.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Blade for real though has serious issues with its plot until like the mid-teens, I remember hearing stories all over the place about what was happening behind the scenes but you do hit this very direct and clear point where suddenly the entire show switches gears and suddenly becomes substantially more coherent and a lot more interesting.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.

jivjov posted:

I feel like the only way it would have gotten dropped is if they felt the need to rework the suit for something else. It costs them too much to make a suit to only use it in a few episodes, which is why monsters keep coming back, and why you see all your old favorites in the crossover movies.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Rei_ posted:

Blade for real though has serious issues with its plot until like the mid-teens, I remember hearing stories all over the place about what was happening behind the scenes but you do hit this very direct and clear point where suddenly the entire show switches gears and suddenly becomes substantially more coherent and a lot more interesting.

Blade does kind of drag a bit early on in the series and Leangle is truly awful but it really does get better about halfway through. The ending is very forced drama but honestly I think it works and I'd say it's one of the best Rider endings. Not that that's a very high bar to clear.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I remember hearing the show was missing a lot of key staff at the writing level for the first 15 episodes and it's why people are just sort of wandering around and wildly changing motivations with no clear direction or driving force behind their characters. Garren is specifically bad, but then they sort of overhaul his character really quickly and give him a clear focus that sort of drives him and he becomes a lot more tolerable just in time for Leangle to show up with a whole new set of unique problems he brings to the show that are just a result of him being an incredibly unlikable person.

Like say what you will about Kusaka but at least the son of a bitch had a loving agenda, and wasn't just this contrarian, spineless prick.

Like I HATE Kusaka, but at least I could get that's what they were going for with him

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Looks like Gaim is the new Den-O, guys: they confirmed a Zangetsu and Baron project in the works.

http://news.tokunation.com/2014/11/29/kamen-rider-gaim-side-story-featuring-zangetsu-baron-announced-22799

THE JUICE NEVER ENDS

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I really hope they mean Takatora and not Mitsuzane.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Micchy needs his loving diaper changed and only Baron and Zangetsu can help.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm okay with Gaim becoming the new elephant in the room.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Double did this too, though. Remember Accel/Eternal Returns?

I have no hope for this, though. I'm pretty sure Urobuchi won't work on it (as he didn't work on the crossover movie, or even the last episode) so it probably won't be as good as the series was.

...but I'll still watch it, of course I will. I just have to seriously wonder how we're getting a Baron story when Kaito's dead. Then again, the movie also has him, so maybe he'll revive forever or something.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The truly strong never die. They live on in their acts and our hearts.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The truly strong never die. They live on in their acts and our hearts.
And in their profitability.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Double did this too, though. Remember Accel/Eternal Returns?

I have no hope for this, though. I'm pretty sure Urobuchi won't work on it (as he didn't work on the crossover movie, or even the last episode) so it probably won't be as good as the series was.

...but I'll still watch it, of course I will. I just have to seriously wonder how we're getting a Baron story when Kaito's dead. Then again, the movie also has him, so maybe he'll revive forever or something.

Oh how soon we forget:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
We never got and will probably never get IXA returns :negative:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New episode up.

New weapon: the Door Gun. Open and close to reload.
Based on the preview, Type: TECHNIQUE seems to be more about knowing machines, so I'd expect more precise steady style compared to before.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Next year is Changeman 2?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dr Tran posted:

I rather like them, I like the base grey color, and I can't wait to get a better look at the swords.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dr Tran posted:

A male Yellow for the first time since Magiranger, a White ranger for the first time as part of the main team since Gaoranger (Or Gekiranger just for the last time the color was used in general), the first Pink ninja ranger, and Pink and White as part of the main 5 for the first time since Changeman. Sounds good to me!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Whoops.

Helmets look kinda big.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Those sashes look a bit busy but otherwise I really enjoy the suits. I enjoyed the last 2 also, but they had to grow on me. This one is great from the start.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
White looks like a girl to me? Are they? Would be cool if so.

Drive was good this week, I kind of hope Type Technique does some stupid Autoshutdown on a Roidmude and like shuts it down by breaking it's CPU or something. I feel like 'Master of Machines' plus their mechanical base means something like that could happen. Basically I want him to Vulcun Nerve Pinch a monster to death.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Those suits are basically Shineknger mixed with Hurricanger, which is cool and good.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Stallion Cabana posted:

White looks like a girl to me? Are they? Would be cool if so.

Drive was good this week, I kind of hope Type Technique does some stupid Autoshutdown on a Roidmude and like shuts it down by breaking it's CPU or something. I feel like 'Master of Machines' plus their mechanical base means something like that could happen. Basically I want him to Vulcun Nerve Pinch a monster to death.

I think one of the magazine scans showed pretty much exactly that.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Dr Tran posted:

I love everything I'm seeing here.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if it's the lighting on the photo or if the colors on the suit are actually muted compared to most prior suits.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I rather like them a lot!

Have fun with those Saban Brands. :getin:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Zedd posted:

Power Rangers Super Mega Ultimate Ninjas Forever!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Zedd posted:

Shinobi Force
Ninja Squad
Ninja Storm 2?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

SpazmasterX posted:

Shinobi Force
Ninja Squad
Ninja Storm 2?

No no no, it wouldn't be Ninja Storm 2. That would be silly!

It would be Super Ninja Storm.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Pyroi posted:

Super Mega Ninja Force

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Pyroi posted:

So season 2 will be Super Duper Ninja Storm?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I want ironic names, like Ultra Hidden Show-off Rangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Some Numbers posted:

So season 2 will be Super Duper Ninja Storm?

No no no

Saban's Super Duper Mega Ninja Dai-Storm-Oh Force: A Power Rangers Season.

• Locked thread