Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Illinois Smith posted:

"ok so AJ told me to NOT tuck my chin to my chest when I take his fini- OH FOR gently caress'S SAKE"

He's a typical indie monster, as tall as such WWE giants as Ziggler, Rollins or Sami Zayn.

AJ can say what he will about guys getting injured because they're inexperienced and nothing's ever his fault, but the Styles Clash is not a good move and he really should retire it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evanauto
Jul 27, 2007

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.

Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed among cocktails.
Pray for me now, and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.
Amen.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

All this talk of Prince Devitt, Steen, KENTA...

No one bothered to mention they signed Gothmog the Orc to NXT.

"Becomes terrified at the sight of Sami Zayn"

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

MiketheGreat posted:

AJ can say what he will about guys getting injured because they're inexperienced and nothing's ever his fault, but the Styles Clash is not a good move and he really should retire it.

Yeah, it's obviously AJs fault that some Japanese gently caress-knuckle can't do literally nothing for long enough to have his finisher done on them.

He should do a really stiff pointless chest-chop or shoddily executed brain-buster so the guy will understand what's going on.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i like that you were sure to specifically throw a race mention in there for a light dose of racism to spice up your smarmy obnoxiousness

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 30, 2014

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
people on three separate continents have been injured by it

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn japs ruining the purity that is the styles clash.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wait, that's the styles clash?

that's a poo poo move regardless of how many necks it's broken

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

nah, the styles clash goes in the other direction so that the person taking it lands on their front, i don't really know why that one hosed up so bad

Bard Maddox posted:

people on three separate continents have been injured by it

bryan alvarez talked about this recently and said that the reason people might get injured by it when it should be the easiest move to take in the world is that as a worker when you get turned upside-down in a piledriver position it becomes instinctual to tuck your head, but with the styles clash you really have to focus on not doing that

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Cardboard Box posted:

bryan alvarez talked about this recently and said that the reason people might get injured by it when it should be the easiest move to take in the world is that as a worker when you get turned upside-down in a piledriver position it becomes instinctual to tuck your head, but with the styles clash you really have to focus on not doing that

probably also doesn't help on that front that AJ is doing a a ganso bomb sometimes now where you have to tuck your head or you loving Die

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

spudsbuckley posted:

Yeah, it's obviously AJs fault that some Japanese gently caress-knuckle can't do literally nothing for long enough to have his finisher done on them.

He should do a really stiff pointless chest-chop or shoddily executed brain-buster so the guy will understand what's going on.

It's a boring and lovely-looking move too, tough guy.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Cardboard Box posted:

This

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

it doesn't help that there are a lot of times where it looks like he barely has hold of the person, he should probably just stop doing it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'll take it

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's one of the few moves that looks weak and low-impact when done properly, but looks like murder when botched.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

sticklefifer posted:

It's one of the few moves that looks weak and low-impact when done properly, but looks like murder when botched.

probably only involuntary manslaughter though

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
But then they'd have to break kayfabe.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

He's big and can move. Why haven't WWE offered him a contract yet? Is he under 6'4"?

He's only recently making somewhat of a name for himself but his only exposure is really ROH at the moment.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Illinois Smith posted:

[gifs of AJ Styles trying to kill people]
Jesus, the Styles Clash is an awful looking move. and AJ Styles really isn't helping the people he's giving it to be not jumping enough forward, in those botches he barely jumps at all. I hadn't seen most of those botches before and I'm shocked nobody has died yet.

anyway, gif content for the gif thread, and so it doesn't seem like I'm critising something, they're all on a similar topics of the AJ Styles gifs above:

1: How to correctly drop somebody on their head:

2: How to correctly kill somebody in a wrestling match:

3: Quality Japanese Wrestling:

Tajiri is the best.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
lmao

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

it looks like AJ loses his balance putting his right leg over Kojima's arm. he's been really sloppy with it for a while and the spiral tap looks better as a finisher anyway imo

Chewy Bitems posted:

Tajiri is the best.

this is the truth

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

sticklefifer posted:

This is the exact reason why I don't like the top rope double footstomp finisher.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Cross-posting this from the Pictures thread since this probably belongs here more than there. I'm so sorry...

Petit Gregory posted:

Sorry, for desecrating one of your gifs, WrasslorMonkey.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chewy Bitems posted:

1: How to correctly drop somebody on their head:

So, "Be giving the move to RVD"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I love the crowd reaction in that Dreamer/RVD gif. It takes a second before they register it, then a bunch of them all turn to their neighbors like "no loving way, did you see that?"

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I mean there is a reason the ECW crowd was legendary. They knew exactly when and how to freak the gently caress out perfectly.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Petit Gregory posted:

Cross-posting this from the Pictures thread since this probably belongs here more than there. I'm so sorry...

Don't be sorry, it's perfection.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I mean there is a reason the ECW crowd was legendary. They knew exactly when and how to freak the gently caress out perfectly.

i thought they were cool at the time but in retrospect they were obnoxious as gently caress

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yeah. I missed the ECW era, and after watching a couple of events on the Network and seeing the weird cult feel where no one chanted for individuals but rather the company, as well as the rampant, hateful homophobia in the crowd (and the promos), I quickly stopped caring who bloodied who with what back in that particular day. Although I am glad there was a Sign Guy Dudley.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

don't forget the misogyny!

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

Yeah. I missed the ECW era, and after watching a couple of events on the Network and seeing the weird cult feel where no one chanted for individuals but rather the company, as well as the rampant, hateful homophobia in the crowd (and the promos), I quickly stopped caring who bloodied who with what back in that particular day. Although I am glad there was a Sign Guy Dudley.

You're taking about a company that had a "gently caress the World" Champion.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that was a belt taz had made himself, and it was awesome

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Corzaa posted:

You're taking about a company that had a "gently caress the World" Champion.

For the longest time I thought this was what people meant when they posted "FTW" at the end of sentences. I was so disappointed when I found out the truth :smith:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

since when are bad posts probatable? I thought it was only good ones.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

For the longest time I thought this was what people meant when they posted "FTW" at the end of sentences. I was so disappointed when I found out the truth :smith:

"Man, why is everyone so mad about things. :("

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan is a jerk i'm glad he's dead

wow that's a hell of a beating i'll bet they won the titles

nvm bucks win lol

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Lots Of Love

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Yeah gently caress RAW

Looks like Cena had one too many Z-Paks

U want it? Mnah can't handle it.

DOING CUBE

Turns out he's a track star, too

Oh, hello again AJ

To sum up RAW this week

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

quote:

this is everything i wanted for christmas, wrasslormonkey

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

He runs like a fat kid trying to catch the ice cream truck.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Please sync this with BIG RED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

oatgan posted:

Daniel Bryan is a jerk i'm glad he's dead

Great accidental facials from Nick Jackson.