Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Dewgy posted:

So do trucks no longer flip dramatically when you snipe the driver, or am I just unlucky? That was so much fun in FC3 to pull off.
Unlucky. I pulled off a gorgeous long-wing-shot with the M79 earlier, hitting a courier on a bridge and ending him into the air for TWO full front-flips.

Bombadilillo posted:

I've got a glitch on ps4. My karma is level 7 and won't move. It says I gain or lose it but the there's no white line anymore.

Sounds like what happens when it locks at 8 but happened right when I hit 7.

Just glad it happened after I got the gun at 6 frankly.
I got this same thing and didn't notice until FIVE karma levels later. It doesn't affect anything except skill and achievement unlocks (so I restarted.)

Gymer posted:

Is this after the mission or after the endgame? In the 360 version I've been all over the village and still haven't found him.
He's on the cliff next to the rightmost ATV when you come out of the fast-travel house in Banashur iirc, in a big cage which is always there - immediately after the mission is finished (he had two guards as well). In my current game he somehow vanished and had no guards (maybe he got killed somehow while I was loving around elsewhere) but when I walked over and jumped on top of the cage, I could hear his daughter's ringtone playing before I wingsuited away. :smith:

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

What's the deal with getting credit for Longinus quests? It says I have to do one of his missions to unlock one of the skills, and as far as I can tell I've done two. The first one where you meet him (can't remember what it was) and the second one where you have to get the 4 shipments and helicopter in the snowstorm conditions. But the games registers me as having zero Longinus missions under the progress bar.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

coyo7e posted:

Unlucky. I pulled off a gorgeous long-wing-shot with the M79 earlier, hitting a courier on a bridge and ending him into the air for TWO full front-flips.

Grenades aren't what I meant. :mad:

You used to be able to snipe drivers with a rifle and they'd careen off to the side, flip over, and everyone inside the truck would bite it. Now they just calmly get out, do a Chinese fire drill, then keep on truckin'. :smith:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Zwabu posted:

What's the deal with getting credit for Longinus quests? It says I have to do one of his missions to unlock one of the skills, and as far as I can tell I've done two. The first one where you meet him (can't remember what it was) and the second one where you have to get the 4 shipments and helicopter in the snowstorm conditions. But the games registers me as having zero Longinus missions under the progress bar.

Neither of those are technically L quests, since they're story related. Just seek him oout once more, his missions are pretty short.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Zwabu posted:

The Longinus quests for the unlock are the ones where you help him make amends for past sins. He sends you off to follow couriers with keys to vaults containing blood diamonds

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Interesting bit of trivia: if you allow NPCs to shoot unique animals to death you still seem to gain full credit for mission completion. I'm not sure if it's due to the weapon they're wielding or not (I suspect it doesn't matter,) however, I just went out to take down Sky Tiger and ran out of ammo in my bushmaster, and then ran in circles while the lone NPC Golden Path militia stood there gunning it down with an AK-47. Quest complete!

"Hey Ajay - miss me?" goddamned right I did, sugar-tits. :glomp:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Quick question: Whats the coop like in this? Is it a small secondary campaign or is it two people free roaming?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ZeusCannon posted:

Quick question: Whats the coop like in this? Is it a small secondary campaign or is it two people free roaming?

free roam, but you can do things like outposts and stuff together.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

ZeusCannon posted:

Yeah can someone explain how coop actually works?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Can you coop side missions, like assassinations and hostage rescue?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bombadilillo posted:

Can you coop side missions, like assassinations and hostage rescue?

Yup. You can't do missions with letters as the symbol, but you can do everything else.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Joe Gillian posted:

American or Canadian, most likely.

I played their sidequests to conclusion and never saw any hint of this.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dewgy posted:

Grenades aren't what I meant. :mad:

You used to be able to snipe drivers with a rifle and they'd careen off to the side, flip over, and everyone inside the truck would bite it. Now they just calmly get out, do a Chinese fire drill, then keep on truckin'. :smith:

If you kill them hard enough they're still capable of doing that. I do that pretty often with the big trucks, and I've shot a couple drivers out of those and had the empty truck careen off and kill golden path/coop partners. Jeeps are a bit harder to do.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bombadilillo posted:

Sounds like one of your thinks isn't linked to uplay right. Make sure app is logged into uplay. Try restarting your phone and then the app to make it do a 100% fresh sync.

I restarted the app and now the Arena shows me at Level 10 but the shops still see me at level 3 :suicide:

EDIT: Ok, I went and did a round in the Arena and actually died, but that somehow kicked the game in the rear end hard enough that I'm now rocking the Bushman. :hellyeah:

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 30, 2014

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I ground that poo poo out of getting to level 10 playing match after match of user-created battles. All I have to say is gently caress honey badgers. They seem to be several orders of magnitude harder in the arena than they are in the wild.

Also, I'll be around the rest of the evening if anyone wants to play some coop. LobsterPuppy on uplay, PantslessWithWolves on Steam.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

I restarted the app and now the Arena shows me at Level 10 but the shops still see me at level 3 :suicide:

EDIT: Ok, I went and did a round in the Arena and actually died, but that somehow kicked the game in the rear end hard enough that I'm now rocking the Bushman. :hellyeah:

Yeah the game won't let get stuff until you earn xp. You discovered dying in arena is the fastest way to do this!

On a different topic. Holy poo poo buzz saw.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah the game won't let get stuff until you earn xp. You discovered dying in arena is the fastest way to do this!

On a different topic. Holy poo poo buzz saw.

The buzz saw replaced the 87 in my permanent armament.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ultimate Mango posted:

The buzz saw replaced the 87 in my permanent armament.

The stuff that I run with is currently M79, Bull, Bushman and a suppressed Z93. I like to be sneaky, but you might way that my behavior while driving is...explosive.

:smug:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I hate to bring this up but I can't find an answer:

I pre-ordered this through Steam, DLC page confirms I have it but Uplay disagrees.
Hurk showed up once and now his missions cannot be found, the DLC items (including elephant gun) are not in my locker.

Even the Uplay pages says I don't have DLC and directs me to the store page.

Anyone know what I should do?
I just want to shoot harpoons at everything.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I pre-ordered this through Steam, DLC page confirms I have it but Uplay disagrees.
Hurk showed up once and now his missions cannot be found, the DLC items (including elephant gun) are not in my locker.

Hurks missions show up as campaign progresses.

My amazon preoreder came with separate dlc code emailed to me for elephant gun. Maybe something like that.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I finished Truth and Justice, the mission you chase Pagan Min in a truck after he kills a family at the exact same second an rpg nuked my buzzer and killed me, prompting a reload- as a result I got no cinematic and I'm left to assume hes still alive. Where do I go from here?

E: Youtube lets plays let me hear his voice, so i didnt miss much; nevermind!

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 1, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bombadilillo posted:

Hurks missions show up as campaign progresses.

My amazon preoreder came with separate dlc code emailed to me for elephant gun. Maybe something like that.

I believe they show up after the first Longinus blood diamond mission.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Fishstick posted:

I finished Truth and Justice, the mission you chase Pagan Min in a truck after he kills a family at the exact same second an rpg nuked my buzzer and killed me, prompting a reload- as a result I got no cinematic and I'm left to assume hes still alive. Where do I go from here?

E: Youtube lets plays let me hear his voice, so i didnt miss much; nevermind!

You may have chased in a truck, I chased in a gyrocopter and blew him up about 100 yards down the road. Also got hit by a RPG immediately after.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Inzombiac posted:

I think you have to go to Steam, right click the game, view cd keys, copy the dlc key, and then find the redeem code button in uplay(in the fc4 menu click dlc and it should be there..). I had to do something similair yesterday to get it to unlock dlc for AC4.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I think you have to go to Steam, right click the game, view cd keys, copy the dlc key, and then find the redeem code button in uplay(in the fc4 menu click dlc and it should be there..). I had to do something similair yesterday to get it to unlock dlc for AC4.

Tried this and it just says the CD key is already applied to my account.
Harumph.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Holy poo poo gently caress the city of pain mission with the freeing the slaves bit.

Wait a second, you're supposed to free slaves? I just got told to take photos?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The Wizard of Poz posted:

Wait a second, you're supposed to free slaves? I just got told to take photos?

Depends who you sided with. (you did Amita)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Inzombiac posted:

Hurk shows up briefly at the start because of coop.

The Hurk DLC campaign doesn't start until midway through the first act.

The elephant gun is the .700 Nitro in the store.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

ayn rand hand job posted:

The elephant gun is the .700 Nitro in the store.

NO it is not. It's in specials and is titled. 'Elephant gun' and is unlocked immediately with the right dlc code.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Reverse Centaur posted:

I played their sidequests to conclusion and never saw any hint of this.

It seems to me that the only way of knowing in-game is to overhear the Golden Path members talk about them. I came across the dialogue after idling in a newly-toppled fortress by which they mention their disdain for their "falseness". The inconsequential dialogue in this game is surprisingly meaty and somewhat interesting, if not worth a slight chuckle.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bombadilillo posted:

NO it is not. It's in specials and is titled. 'Elephant gun' and is unlocked immediately with the right dlc code.

Is there actually any difference between the .700 Nitro and the Elephant Gun?

Also this game needs a hatchet/tomahawk instead of just a knife.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

Is there actually any difference between the .700 Nitro and the Elephant Gun?

Also this game needs a hatchet/tomahawk instead of just a knife.

Functionally you can't put a sight on the elephant gun. So it's a bit worse.

Don't know about stats. It's real annoying you can't compare across catagories.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
As a signature it probably has some decent bonuses, the Predator rifle has a big damage boost to counter having a suppressor for instance, and the Driller is just laughably powerful compared to the normal machine gu it's based on.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I just went with night sights on the .700 because anything else seemed sacrilegious.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

If you pick up a new weapon you haven't had in your inventory before, dropped by a slain foe or friend, is picking it up and then dropping it again in favor of the weapon you had equipped before enough to then have access to it in the future, or do you have to carry it all the way to a store or sherpa?

For anyone interested in "easy mode" hunting of rhinos, doing it while riding an elephant seems by far the easiest way. You can get up close and personal without the rhino charging or harming you, and you can pretty much use any weapon you like, I used the Elephant Gun and it worked out pretty well.

I didn't try actually charging or attacking the rhinos with the elephant itself so I don't know if that works.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Zwabu posted:

If you pick up a new weapon you haven't had in your inventory before, dropped by a slain foe or friend, is picking it up and then dropping it again in favor of the weapon you had equipped before enough to then have access to it in the future, or do you have to carry it all the way to a store or sherpa?

Picking it up is enough.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Zwabu posted:

For anyone interested in "easy mode" hunting of rhinos, doing it while riding an elephant seems by far the easiest way.

I generally use a technical.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Buzzer and autocross for that sweet "clean" kill.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Nearing end game. Without spoiling. Will I get a chance to weaken P fortress if I keep doing main quests. I just got the obvious. Take care of stuff now before you do more main quest warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I kinda wish there was a difficulty setting in between normal and hard. On normal nothing really poses a threat to your survival and most enemy troops collapse when you look at them disapprovingly. On hard you're still pretty durable but it is kinda tedious to have to use syringes or first aid after every grazing shot and every stupid animal attack. It's not really harder, just more tedious in a different way. (Though at least the enemy troops can take one or two bullets more.)

• Locked thread