Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Dolemite posted:

Isn't this the second DLC pack that Ubisoft has given away for free to PS4/Xbone owners? Ugh, why do us Mac and PC owners of the game keep getting shafted?

This is ridiculous. The DLC packs are expensive!

Considering the PS4/XB1 version of RS2014 came out November 4th. No, it's the same free DLC pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Doesn't matter. Making PC/mac owners pay $30 for DLC that's available for free on other platforms is complete bullshit.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
...Not really? I mean, the PC version has been out for some time, so if people wanted the PC version they probably have it by now, this is asking people who probably already have the game on an older console to buy it again. And as you're paying a fair bit more than that price just for your new copy of the game, you're not really getting the DLC for free at all. It's just pushing their new version to encourage people to move to next-gen consoles. And it's hardly a discount at all if you're putting down the money for a next-gen console and the new edition of the game.

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

Okay, I finally bit on the PC version of RS2014 after playing both games for years on the PS3. I bought the Steam sale version and not that $15 link above dammit, but I don't regret it one bit.

Holy crap what a difference. Zero latency and everything seems much smoother and faster loading. (mid-high end game machine) I mainly did it so I can mess with CDLC which so far has been awesome and was super simple to setup. I'm sure purchasing the game and only one Smashing Pumpkins DLC song isn't suspicious at all, hah.

Does anyone have the PS4/XBONE version here? I'm wondering if it is worth purchasing for my PS4 and stop using the PS3 if the quality/latency/load times are better on new generation hardware. It's way more fun playing RS in the living room with a 60" TV and 700W sound system vs. my 22" monitor and Logitech 2.1 speaker setup.

Maybe I'll have to move the computer to the living room...

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
I haven't measured it, but I feel as though the XB1 load times are better than those on the 360. It won't revolutionize your life, but for me, the upgrade was worth not having to leave the living room and go play in my bedroom. Additionally, I was able to give the 360 copy to my kid sister, so that was cool.

OhDearGodNo posted:

Doesn't matter. Making PC/mac owners pay $30 for DLC that's available for free on other platforms is complete bullshit.

You can get it for free too, just go buy a new console and copy of the game you whiner.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Its just a temporary promo too. If you sleep on it and don't buy the console copy and wait till its on sale again next year, you won't get the free content. The fact that I could just use my existing cable and buy it directly on the PS4 and get the free content suckered me in.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Pitre posted:

Okay, I finally bit on the PC version of RS2014 after playing both games for years on the PS3. I bought the Steam sale version and not that $15 link above dammit, but I don't regret it one bit.

Holy crap what a difference. Zero latency and everything seems much smoother and faster loading. (mid-high end game machine) I mainly did it so I can mess with CDLC which so far has been awesome and was super simple to setup. I'm sure purchasing the game and only one Smashing Pumpkins DLC song isn't suspicious at all, hah.

Does anyone have the PS4/XBONE version here? I'm wondering if it is worth purchasing for my PS4 and stop using the PS3 if the quality/latency/load times are better on new generation hardware. It's way more fun playing RS in the living room with a 60" TV and 700W sound system vs. my 22" monitor and Logitech 2.1 speaker setup.

Maybe I'll have to move the computer to the living room...

Since you don't have to transfer DLC I'd cop it for PS4. Xb1 seems really clunky to be honest. Be prepared to conform your audio setup to Rocksmith's wishes though (optical out to rcvr)

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
Having a weird issue I'm hoping someone may know about:

Came home for the holidays and connected my little sister's 360 to the internet to the first time in 3 years. I updated it, logged into my ID and migrated the information over. I logged into RS14, downloaded all the DLC I've previously purchased, and disconnected the xbox to set it back up over the TV it is usually connected to. Now, when the game is started, only about 1/2 of the DLC is showing up in the song list. It doesn't matter whose Gamertag is logged in, the same songs are shown/missing. When I go into the "storage" settings of the 360, all of the DLC is shown as downloaded. Additionally, there are also duplicates of profiles.

Any idea what the heck is going on?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Dead Pressed posted:

Having a weird issue I'm hoping someone may know about :

Came home for the holidays and connected my little sister's 360 to the internet to the first time in 3 years. I updated it, logged into my ID and migrated the information over. I logged into RS14, downloaded all the DLC I've previously purchased, and disconnected the xbox to set it back up over the TV it is usually connected to. Now, when the game is started, only about 1/2 of the DLC is showing up in the song list. It doesn't matter whose Gamertag is logged in, the same songs are shown/missing. When I go into the "storage" settings of the 360, all of the DLC is shown as downloaded. Additionally, there are also duplicates of profiles.

Any idea what the heck is going on?

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/downloadable-content/download-content

With most(all?) xbox DLC, the licenses are tied to the machine and account it was purchased on. You will need to be signed into the DLC owners account and signed into Xbox live if you are trying to use it on another machine. You could do a license transfer over to your sisters machine, but you can only do that once every four months, and since it sounds like you are just using it for the holidays, probably not worth messing with.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/downloadable-content/download-content

With most(all?) xbox DLC, the licenses are tied to the machine and account it was purchased on. You will need to be signed into the DLC owners account and signed into Xbox live if you are trying to use it on another machine. You could do a license transfer over to your sisters machine, but you can only do that once every four months, and since it sounds like you are just using it for the holidays, probably not worth messing with.

Okay. I appreciate the explanation. Essentially, I'm okay transitioning everything to her, as I've upgraded out of a 360 and into the xbox one---thus I'm wanting to "give" her the 360 rights to the DLC I've purchased while I retain the rights for the One. As long as I can use my 360 for netflix/amazon in the bedroom, I couldn't care less if she eats the rights to all of my other DLC.

:)

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Dead Pressed posted:

Okay. I appreciate the explanation. Essentially, I'm okay transitioning everything to her, as I've upgraded out of a 360 and into the xbox one---thus wanting to "give" her the 360 rights to the DLC I've purchased while I retain the One rights.

Ah ok. You might want to make 100% sure that if you give her the 360 rights, that you will still have it for the Xbox One, because I have no idea how the crossgen DLC license works with regards to RS2014.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Dead Pressed posted:

You can get it for free too, just go buy a new console and copy of the game you whiner.
I'm spending all my kids' money on Star Citizen spaceship pictures instead.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

Ah ok. You might want to make 100% sure that if you give her the 360 rights, that you will still have it for the Xbox One, because I have no idea how the crossgen DLC license works with regards to RS2014.

I'm pretty sure it should work, as the selling point on upgrading to the next gen version was "download your dlc again for free". I got them fine on the one, and didn't have to transfer licenses for it. As such, it is my thought that the licenses are separate... Who knows though...maybe I just screwed myself out of literally all the dlc for 3 months. I'll report back when I'm back to my house on Monday.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
@Rocksmithgame
The missing Foo Fighters DLC on PS3 in the US should be out on Tuesday. Still no news on the missing EU PS content. Sorry for the delay.

So in the US, you get it three weeks late, when do you think it'll show up here? Christmas? And there's a whole bunch of issues with other recent DLC, according to the messages on that Twitter account. I really wonder what's going wrong here and loving everything up, and in particular why Sony's Europe branch are making things harder to sort out. Doesn't Rocksmith DLC release like clockwork?

I'm mostly pissed off because searching through the recent updates to find DLC that isn't there made me stumble onto what must be Dead Or Alive's tenth worthless costume pack for people who just can't get enough virtual cleavage.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

To the goon who wanted Respect the Wind, I have finished version 1.

Good luck when I'm done, you're going to need it.

I need to finish some slides/complex bends and get EVH's tone then I'll be done.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

OhDearGodNo posted:

To the goon who wanted Respect the Wind, I have finished version 1.

Good luck when I'm done, you're going to need it.

I need to finish some slides/complex bends and get EVH's tone then I'll be done.

That was me, and your effort is greatly, nay immensely and indescribably appreciated. That song is going to utterly destroy me but I'll be a happy wreck.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Bon Jovi DLC next week

YeahWhatevah
Oct 28, 2013
Riddle me this: Older RS DLC packs currently $8.99/5 songs (-25%.) Individual songs from the same packs are $1.49 each (-50%.)

I'll wait to see if it's a Valve pricing fart, but otherwise that's a bit of a no-brainer.

Also has the import tool at 25% discount. If you been holding out, I don't think you'll be seeing lower prices given licensing fees.

ETA: 24 hours only, smoke 'em while you can get 'em.

YeahWhatevah fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 30, 2014

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

YeahWhatevah posted:

Riddle me this: Older RS DLC packs currently $8.99/5 songs (-25%.) Individual songs from the same packs are $1.49 each (-50%.)

I'll wait to see if it's a Valve pricing fart, but otherwise that's a bit of a no-brainer.

Also has the import tool at 25% discount. If you been holding out, I don't think you'll be seeing lower prices given licensing fees.

snagged 6 from this. Thanks for the heads up.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
How did you guys rig the sound to come from your amp again? Tried to get back into this after a long hiatus but now I'm used to an amp and the game sounds weird.

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

How did you guys rig the sound to come from your amp again? Tried to get back into this after a long hiatus but now I'm used to an amp and the game sounds weird.

Guitar into pedal, pedal into splitter, one into RS, the other into the amp/another pedal.

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

YeahWhatevah posted:

There goes $60!

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

YeahWhatevah posted:

Cool tracks purchased, thanks for the heads up!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

The game's page is currently down, so who knows if it's intentional.
If you search for "rocksmith" on the store you can still find the songs individually and add them to your cart. See ya later, $30.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I just bought a bunch of DLC on Friday since they rarely drop prices past 25%. :argh:

Oh well, Cake - The Distance is still fun as hell on Guitar and Bass so it was worth it either way.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

If I buy a song for the original Rocksmith I'll still need the import tool to use them, right? Or is that just if you had bought them pre-Rocksmith 2014?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Snowy posted:

If I buy a song for the original Rocksmith I'll still need the import tool to use them, right? Or is that just if you had bought them pre-Rocksmith 2014?

The import tool is for the songs included with RS1, the DLC is supposed to work without it, but you often have to own the original on Steam to be able to buy the original game's DLC because of how Steam works.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dewgy posted:

The import tool is for the songs included with RS1, the DLC is supposed to work without it, but you often have to own the original on Steam to be able to buy the original game's DLC because of how Steam works.

Ok, I just own Rocksmith 2014 so I guess I'll just skip Freebird if it means having to buy the tool or the original game. Thanks!

And thanks to whoever mentioned the 50% song sale, that's about the most I'd pay so I'm picking up some Rush and Iron Maiden while I can.

e-oh crap Rush seems to be original version.

Snowy fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 1, 2014

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Snowy posted:

Ok, I just own Rocksmith 2014 so I guess I'll just skip Freebird if it means having to buy the tool or the original game. Thanks!

And thanks to whoever mentioned the 50% song sale, that's about the most I'd pay so I'm picking up some Rush and Iron Maiden while I can.

e-oh crap Rush seems to be original version.

This is where I tempt you to get the original and tool (maybe when they're on sale) because it's a hell of a lot of content

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

baka kaba posted:

This is where I tempt you to get the original and tool (maybe when they're on sale) because it's a hell of a lot of content

It's definitely true, there's tons of great stuff both from the DLC and the 'disc'.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ok I'm probably retarded and insane, but I can't seem to buy the import tool! I bought a bunch of songs and the original Rocksmith just fine. Now using a browser I get errors when trying to add the tool to the cart. Then when using the Steam app it won't even load the Rocksmith 2014 page where I can find the tool. I'ts just showing black.

Anyone know what the fudge?

edit-nm, tried it on the app and got it. Thanks guys, now I bought a ton of poo poo.

Snowy fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 1, 2014

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Nebraska Tim posted:

Guitar into pedal, pedal into splitter, one into RS, the other into the amp/another pedal.

Thanks. Need a splitter though. Does it have to be some expensive box or can i just get a Y shape plug?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Thanks. Need a splitter though. Does it have to be some expensive box or can i just get a Y shape plug?

The latter will work fine.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

I'm finding splitters a pain in the rear end to get, where I'm at. Ended up getting a 2m 3.5mm cord, 1 male to 2 female, and then using 3 small-to-big converters plugged into it. Haven't been able to try it out yet, but hopefully it'll do.

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010

Kaboobi posted:

The game's page is currently down, so who knows if it's intentional.
If you search for "rocksmith" on the store you can still find the songs individually and add them to your cart. See ya later, $30.

The page for RS 2014 and its DLC page have always loaded slowly for me. I believe this is because there is just so much DLC to list. With all the traffic from the sale, I think the page is just overloaded. I can get it to load after several refreshes, but like you mentioned, the individual pages work just fine.

Farewell, $50. You will not be missed.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

awesmoe posted:

I'm finding splitters a pain in the rear end to get, where I'm at. Ended up getting a 2m 3.5mm cord, 1 male to 2 female, and then using 3 small-to-big converters plugged into it. Haven't been able to try it out yet, but hopefully it'll do.

Got mine from Radio Shack for like 5 bucks.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Where'd my $40 go? How'd all this Rocksmith DLC get installed? What the hell's going on here?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

And with that, I have all of the original Rocksmith DLC worth getting except the Queen pack. I'll probably get that and most of the 2014 DLC (pretty much all fun) I don't have at Christmas.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Mr E posted:

Got mine from Radio Shack for like 5 bucks.

For me that would be $5 for the adapter and $1,902.17 for the flight to the nearest radio shack, so I'm looking at other options

awesmoe fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010

awesmoe posted:

For me that would be $5 for the adapter and $1,902.17 for the flight to the nearest radio shack, so I'm looking at other options

Do you live somewhere that might be accessible for Amazon or another online retailer?