Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Rhyno posted:

I once attended an advance screening of the first Kick-rear end film. If you didn't give them a phone as you walked in they didn't allow you access. And it was a surprise screening so nobody could have thought to bring a spare phone and record footage. Some places are hardcore about that poo poo.

What if you're a luddite and don't have a cell phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Maybe I should have more faith in people I don't think there's any way I'm giving a bunch of random kids at a movie theare my 600 dollar cell phone so I could watch a movie early.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm not surprised that footage didn't leak - that stuff is locked up tight and monitored VERY securely during the screening.

But a bunch of impassioned Arrow and Flash fans, and not a single one gabs to a friend on the tumblrverse? Even with them signing NDAs, that is impressive.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

One of my favourite Dr Who stories is that a big spoiler of an episode remained unspoiled because at a preview screening Matt Smith asked everyone really nicely to keep it hidden. No NDAs. Just the lead asking politely. And no-one did leak it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm not surprised that footage didn't leak - that stuff is locked up tight and monitored VERY securely during the screening.

But a bunch of impassioned Arrow and Flash fans, and not a single one gabs to a friend on the tumblrverse? Even with them signing NDAs, that is impressive.
Certainly lends more credit to the theory that the Flash pilot was leaked on purpose

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That and Constantine was leaked on pretty much the same day

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Rocksicles posted:

That and Constantine was leaked on pretty much the same day

At least they didn't heavyhandedly rewrite the Flash pilot.

Very psyched for the crossover, looking forward to seeing Ollie testing Barrys powers!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Martout posted:

At least they didn't heavyhandedly rewrite the Flash pilot.

Very psyched for the crossover, looking forward to seeing Ollie testing Barrys powers!

The Constantine screener and aired pilot are identical for the first 3/4. It's different on the rooftop slightly and then the second to last scene.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I googled Red Skies and thought that was a cute reference.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
So not only is Amell in my city for thanksgiving, he's a couple blocks from me. If only I could have run into him.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Daric posted:

So not only is Amell in my city for thanksgiving, he's a couple blocks from me. If only I could have run into him.

sounds like its about stalk o'clock

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Wrong thread...

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Rhyno posted:

The Constantine screener and aired pilot are identical for the first 3/4. It's different on the rooftop slightly and then the second to last scene.

Yeah, and that last 1/4 is heavily-handedly rewritten. They had to make some kind of change because they didn't have the same actress any more, sure, but the way in which they chose to change it was absolutely awful. Put a really awful taste in my mouth.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

XboxPants posted:

Yeah, and that last 1/4 is heavily-handedly rewritten. They had to make some kind of change because they didn't have the same actress any more, sure, but the way in which they chose to change it was absolutely awful. Put a really awful taste in my mouth.

Eh, it's more like they edited it with a blender. Her firing was pretty sudden and I'm sure she didn't want to come back for 30 seconds of screen time.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Just caught the episode. Cupid's male Felicity got friendzoned HARD.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What's crazy is the way that guy found the Arrow layer was so sensical and competent, it's a wonder no one ever thought of it before. Very short screen time but I liked that character a lot. Too bad he died.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

greatn posted:

What's crazy is the way that guy found the Arrow layer was so sensical and competent, it's a wonder no one ever thought of it before. Very short screen time but I liked that character a lot. Too bad he died.

Lair.

Unless you are talking about finding felicity:dance:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I shouldn't use speech to text.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

Yeah it was cool, but relies on there being a whole bunch of accurate data out there about the times at which the Arrow showed up to scenes...which is where it falls apart

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

Just caught the episode. Cupid's male Felicity got friendzoned HARD.

More like deadzoned.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Valeyard posted:

Yeah it was cool, but relies on there being a whole bunch of accurate data out there about the times at which the Arrow showed up to scenes...which is where it falls apart

Well, that part would work if he hacked into a police database. I don't remember if they said anything that would rule that out or not though.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I am starting to think that the CW just has spare Amell's in cold storage somewhere and when they need a new actor for anything they just thaw one out and put him in front of a camera, because there are now 4 Amell's on CW now.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Hollismason posted:

I am starting to think that the CW just has spare Amell's in cold storage somewhere and when they need a new actor for anything they just thaw one out and put him in front of a camera, because there are now 4 Amell's on CW now.

Is that counting Stephen's wife doing a Hart of Dixie guest spot? And if so, who's the fourth?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

hcreight posted:

Is that counting Stephen's wife doing a Hart of Dixie guest spot? And if so, who's the fourth?

The Salmon Ladder

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

hcreight posted:

Ugh...I watched twnety minutes of the first episode of Hart of Dixie...

ugh ugh ugh. The main actress was killing me. Felt like she was just speaking, not acting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

Ugh...I watched twnety minutes of the first episode of Hart of Dixie...

ugh ugh ugh. The main actress was killing me. Felt like she was just speaking, not acting.

She was one of the best parts of the OC.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched the entire first season because gently caress Yeah Southern Girls, but it lost me on the Romance/Bromance stuff.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I just watched the pilot. We need more parkour. They used to have more and it owned.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

hcreight posted:

You've got his cousins 1 who is on The Flash or will be, 1 who is in his own show, you've got Stephen himself, and then one of them is on one of those Vampire shows but I can't remember which one like Diary or something like that has a Amell in it.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Hollismason posted:

You've got his cousins 1 who is on The Flash or will be, 1 who is in his own show, you've got Stephen himself, and then one of them is on one of those Vampire shows but I can't remember which one like Diary or something like that has a Amell in it.

Robbie was on Tomorrow People & Flash, and the one that was on Vampire Diaries was Stephen himself.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Robbie is amusing to watch in that he's practically a brunette palette swap of Stephen. They seriously have the same jawline and everything.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Annnnd finally got all caught up. My initial thoughts? If they're just cribbing the cast of Spartacus, I wish they'd hire the fight coordinator as well. The fight choreography in Arrow is extremely lacking. Apparently everyone in the city was trained by the same person who spent a lot of time worrying about how to spin someone to the ground with your legs.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Robbie was on Tomorrow People & Flash, and the one that was on Vampire Diaries was Stephen himself.

That's what they want you to think.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

hcreight posted:

Robbie is amusing to watch in that he's practically a brunette palette swap of Stephen. They seriously have the same jawline and everything.

CW hit down+select+B when renewing Stephen's contract and they unlocked Robbie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Accretionist posted:

I just watched the pilot. We need more parkour. They used to have more and it owned.

It is dangerous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF28ceFJJ3A

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Accretionist posted:

It's easier to replace a paralyzed lead actor in the pilot than it is in the third season.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oliver needs to fight Charles Brown aka Kite Man.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

JohnSherman posted:

It's easier to replace a paralyzed lead actor in the pilot than it is in the third season.

That's what Roy's there for.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Byers2142 posted:

That's what Roy's there for.

"Okay, Roy. For your next big fight scene you back flip off that car. They're gonna kick at you, but then you side-flip away from them. And then Ollie'll come over and shoot them with an arrow."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Drifter posted:

"Okay, Roy. For your next big fight scene you back flip off that car. They're gonna kick at you, but then you side-flip away from them. And then Ollie'll come over and shoot them with an arrow."

You forgot 'Roy grunts and makes a face like he's really constipated and desperately trying to squeeze out a poo poo'

• Locked thread