Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Apparently the translation is a little off regarding Tsuyu's more extraneous powers--her poison is a mild paralytic, not acidic, and her other trick is that she can spit up her stomach so she can clean it. I sure didn't know that that was how a frog do, but the more you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Frogs apparently spit up their stomach when they vomit.

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012
Ogden Nash was right, what a queer bird a frog are.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why was Grapeboy so fascinated by the thought of Tsuyu secreting her poison? There's nothing remotely sexy about that.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
His mind works at a different level of perversion. Who knows.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

JosephWongKS posted:

Why was Grapeboy so fascinated by the thought of Tsuyu secreting her poison? There's nothing remotely sexy about that.

It's more about a girl's "secretions" in general. :quagmire:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

The Lord of Hats posted:

Apparently the translation is a little off regarding Tsuyu's more extraneous powers--her poison is a mild paralytic, not acidic, and her other trick is that she can spit up her stomach so she can clean it.
Well that certainly makes "but that probably won't be very useful" make a lot more sense.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

maybe his next attack will be FERGUSON RIOT !! :rimshot:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

maybe his next attack will be FERGUSON RIOT !! :rimshot:

I'm holding out for LOUISIANA PURCHASE to be a future big finishing move :D

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

The guy's fascinated by round things and sticky things. After the reveal of his powerset this chapter, I'm not 100% sure we can call it plain ol' perversion. :v:

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

JosephWongKS posted:

Even though he's been set up as "the pervert" character, I didn't read his fascination as perversion. I read it as awe and disgust, like a girl secreting poison was a massive turn off.

Which is fine, because that would mean more Frog Girl for the rest of us.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I'm wondering if Grapeboy can turn off his Quirk at will once the balls are detached. He's already mentioned the longest they can last is a day if he is as healthy as he can be, but I'm curious if he's got to be smarter where he places those things if he can't turn them off.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

A Bystander posted:

I'm wondering if Grapeboy can turn off his Quirk at will once the balls are detached. He's already mentioned the longest they can last is a day if he is as healthy as he can be, but I'm curious if he's got to be smarter where he places those things if he can't turn them off.

I'd assume that what actually happens when he touches them isn't that they simply don't stick but rather that they get nullified.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

New chapter.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Keep team electric beat creators together forever thanks.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
drat, some translators in another language are already on chapter 20. Faster, english translators, faster!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

"I enjoyed a smooth dump this morning, so my balls should stick on these guys for a whole day."
:goonsay:

Also now I guess Yaoyorozu's officially taken on the mantle of "fanservice girl".

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011
1vs1 Momo might be far from the best, but in a well-coordinated team her presence can be game-changing in just about any situation. I hope we see even more of team-based effort than that of individual one in future as well.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
So now we see this manga's Doomsday to Allmight's Superman.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

It's not perfectly clear to me what Portalman (who is totally voiced by Stephen Blum in my mind) did to Spaceman #13 there. Did #13 create a black hole at him, and then Portalguy warped the black hole behind him?

Poor Gravity Girl, though, she's watching her idol get warped into oblivion before her eyes! :(

Also, I'm a little sad that Earjacks didn't turn out to have some kind of hacking/technomancy perception kind of power, if only to have some less-flashy powers around.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 30, 2014

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

It's not perfectly clear to me what Portalman (who is totally voiced by Stephen Blum in my mind) did to Spaceman #13 there. Did #13 create a black hole at him, and then Portalguy warped the black hole behind him?

That seems to be the case, yeah.

Everyone's all about Tsuyu or whatever but I'm gonna go underground and claim Jirou as best secondary character.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think so. #13 isn't really a fighter, so he fell for the oldest portal trick in the book.

#13 attacked Shadow Dude, but Shadow Dude just redirected the attack.

On a side note, what is #13? Does he even have a physical body anymore?

Also, Hand Guy shattering Eraserhead's elbow is loving brutal.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Oh man. Iida, we're counting on you! :ohdear:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I think so. #13 isn't really a fighter, so he fell for the oldest portal trick in the book.

#13 attacked Shadow Dude, but Shadow Dude just redirected the attack.

On a side note, what is #13? Does he even have a physical body anymore?

Also, Hand Guy shattering Eraserhead's elbow is loving brutal.
Monster dude wringing his arm out like a rag is pretty brutal too.

Just FYI the artist isn't afraid of killing people; Barrage was the same kind of weird light-hearted poo poo and people get brutally murdered in that. Oumagadoki Doubutsuen didn't have really any death/ultra-violence in it, but it had wacky super-powered animals and owns if you haven't read it.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 30, 2014

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Kyouka's power is that her bassline is her baseline, Denki's is static power that turns him into the Fonz when he overloads, and Yaoyorozu's power is a straight-up lesser Gold Experience. :allears:

Also I was waiting to see when someone got hoisted by their own quirk-pitard, :rip: #13.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Haha. The fanart for this (while scant for now) is nice. :kimchi:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

DrSunshine posted:

Haha. The fanart for this (while scant for now) is nice. :kimchi:

Grapeboy quietly losing his poo poo in the background there :allears:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Grapeboy reaction faces are the absolute best. :allears:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How does Grapeboy's hat even work? It's like Jotaro's hat.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I too celebrate by having my friends place their hand on my head like a dog(????)

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Countblanc posted:

I too celebrate by having my friends place their hand on my head like a dog(????)

It's a sign of affection? I do it to my little brother when I visit.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay, yeah, that's a pretty good sign that Hands was the one who wrecked the gate. That was brutal. Also no, Aizawa, you're awesome. Don't die, please.

So, that's two villain names we've got now between these last two chapters, "Mr. Shigaraki" and "Noumu", the latter of whom is an "artificial human".

Also, Todoroki's line is pretty good. "But since I'm aiming to become a hero, I want to avoid doing horrifying poo poo like that as much as I can."

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kortel posted:

It's a sign of affection? I do it to my little brother when I visit.

Yeah, it is only a sign of affection. But it is also one of the rudest things you can do in Japan so it implies a really close relationship.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Let's think of names for all the superheroes and villains.

Portal Guy -- Dr. Darkness
Handface guy -- The Grasp
Froggirl -- Amphibienne
Lightning Boy -- ... Static Shock :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Izuku -- Some Might

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Conductor is already a pretty good hero name.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, brain thing (is it Noumu or is that Hands, it's a bit unclear) got a pretty strong "debut"; while it's been doing next to nothing previously, as I've commented on, his first major action being wrecking Aizawa like that... Wow. Also, ouch. That looks horrible. Things escalated really, really quickly.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 1, 2014

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

For anyone wondering, Noumu (脳無) can be translated as brainless. 脳 means brain, and 無 means none or nothingness.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

For anyone wondering, Noumu (脳無) can be translated as brainless. 脳 means brain, and 無 means none or nothingness.

Hm, probably the big muscle thing then, since, despite its massive exposed brain, it doesn't come across as particularly sharp, and it'd be kind of funny for the thing with the visible brain to be named "Brainless". Now we just need to know is Mr. Shigaraki is the hand person or the shadowy dude, and what the name of the other one is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Roland Jones posted:

Hm, probably the big muscle thing then, since, despite its massive exposed brain, it doesn't come across as particularly sharp, and it'd be kind of funny for the thing with the visible brain to be named "Brainless". Now we just need to know is Mr. Shigaraki is the hand person or the shadowy dude, and what the name of the other one is.

If your brain is exposed all the time I would imagine you would have constant trauma. His superpower is that all his muscles (including brain) are so resistant to damage that he survives anyway.