Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Kenny Britt owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

How about no more division matchups on Sunday night ever.

NFL schedule changed a few years ago and now the last month is pretty much all divisional games.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why are you people talking about a sports-related article that is also related to something i want to ignore!!!!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TubeStank posted:

Kenny Britt owns.

Meaningless gesture to build his "brand" and social media presence.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

TubeStank posted:

Kenny Britt owns.

Sidney Rice, nooo (yes I know that is not him)

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

TeeMerk posted:

RG3 would be great in KC if Andy can salvage him.

That's a tall order at this point. :(

They'll probably draft a QB to groom after the 1st round which is also lame.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

commy gun posted:

I am really really curious as to how Brock Osweiler will pan out for the Broncos

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

Meaningless gesture to build his "brand" and social media presence.

Sorry your team lost to the NFL football Rams.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

commy gun posted:

Gonna die laughing if Alex Smith gets run out of town for the same strategy twice.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

commy gun posted:

Alex Smith is boring and average and he's going to cockblock the Chiefs from being a contender as long as he's there.

Lol, you think Alex Smith is what's holding them back.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Tom Smykowski posted:

Lol, you think Alex Smith is what's holding them back.

At this point Manning is a football wizard, you need a guy who can at least try to keep up.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

TubeStank posted:

Kenny Britt owns.

good to know he has the support of @hotvomit

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TubeStank posted:

Kenny Britt owns.

I really wanted him to be a Panthers after his poo poo show year in Tennessee because I really thought he could bounce back well. Other than the political poo poo. Athletes and actors should probably not be so vocal about that stuff.

Also Andy Reid seems like he's made a career of making teams good enough to be in the mix every year without actually winning anything of substance. The dude would be a perfect fit for a team like the Raiders or Jets who're a dumpster fire to get them good enough to compete with the higher ups in the league. Teams are going to have to find an innovator who can get over the hump and win the big one after that period but goddamn can he build fundamentally sound football team.

Seems like he follows a pretty simple mantra though of defense that can rush the passer and an offense that doesn't gently caress it up but it's amazing how many coaches can't find the right people to do that.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

TeeMerk posted:

At this point Manning is a football wizard, you need a guy who can at least try to keep up.

They need more than one guy who can try to keep up. Maybe some guys who can stop a run.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I finally realized who Johnny reminds me of:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Also to note - sorry I'm not sorry Cards. I'm pretty drat happy you guys lost to the horrible NFC South Falcons.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

BlindSite posted:

I really wanted him to be a Panthers after his poo poo show year in Tennessee because I really thought he could bounce back well. Other than the political poo poo. Athletes and actors should probably not be so vocal about that stuff.

Also Andy Reid seems like he's made a career of making teams good enough to be in the mix every year without actually winning anything of substance. The dude would be a perfect fit for a team like the Raiders or Jets who're a dumpster fire to get them good enough to compete with the higher ups in the league. Teams are going to have to find an innovator who can get over the hump and win the big one after that period but goddamn can he build fundamentally sound football team.

Seems like he follows a pretty simple mantra though of defense that can rush the passer and an offense that doesn't gently caress it up but it's amazing how many coaches can't find the right people to do that.

Andy Reid is an exceptional offensive coordinator.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TeeMerk posted:

Andy Reid is an exceptional offensive coordinator.

No denying that, but fact is the guy has spent the last 15 years leading franchises who were known for two things, being solid and a tough match up in the regular season characterised by tough defensive line play, ball hawking secondary and almost always a top offensive line that couldn't get past the championship game in the playoffs.

Not trying to belittle his accomplishments, at all, what he's done is brilliant, but the only year he's made the superbowl as a coach they were playing the paper falcons in one of the worst years for the NFC conference. He's a great coach, but he's struggled to build a team that can compete in december and january.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

I finally realized who Johnny reminds me of:

A lame duck that gets abused and then drinks itself to death, I agree.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

BlindSite posted:

No denying that, but fact is the guy has spent the last 15 years leading franchises who were known for two things, being solid and a tough match up in the regular season characterised by tough defensive line play, ball hawking secondary and almost always a top offensive line that couldn't get past the championship game in the playoffs.

Not trying to belittle his accomplishments, at all, what he's done is brilliant, but the only year he's made the superbowl as a coach they were playing the paper falcons in one of the worst years for the NFC conference. He's a great coach, but he's struggled to build a team that can compete in december and january.

Well he's certainly better than Jeff Fisher, the Alex Smith of head coaches.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

BlindSite posted:

agreed

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Alouicious posted:

I am really really curious as to how Brock Osweiler will pan out for the Broncos

I really want to find out really soon

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008
If only there was a football equivalent of hero ball where Andy Reid could go one on one with Kobe to prove he's a winner.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
The Rams coming out with "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" and then proceeding to win 52-0*, preemptively eliminating anyone's ability to say "WELL THEY AWTA FOCUS MORE ON FOOTBALL LESS ON POLITICKIN'", may be my favorite thing to happen in this 2014 NFL season.

*against Oakland

e: I probably should have figured this would already be insanely discussed at this point

Pancakes by Mail fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 1, 2014

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

With the Patriots loss today, that officially means there are no good football teams anymore.

Finally football can be good again.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FizFashizzle posted:

Shula is reportedly gone, but Rivera is going to stay. I want to hope Ron can hire a competent coordinator, or Gettleman failing that. But deep down I know nothing will change until Richardson is gone. He wants to play the game a certain way, and that way passed him buy 4 decades ago.

Thanks Jerry, please die. And take your donations to the Republican party with you.

Is this definitely true? Is there nothing that can happen to change this, like losing out? Is there any hope that we might have Gus in our future? :ohdear:

Also, St. Louis Rams rule, cops can suck it. I'm wondering what their "threat" will amount to. Refusing to work security for Rams games? I would really like if they staged protests outside of the dome. The irony of that would be thick enough to choke on.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I really want to find out really soon

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

Also Andy Reid seems like he's made a career of making teams good enough to be in the mix every year without actually winning anything of substance. The dude would be a perfect fit for a team like the Raiders or Jets who're a dumpster fire to get them good enough to compete with the higher ups in the league.

This is sort of where KC was when he came though. There was a smoke and mirrors playoff year and nothing back to Vermeil (ok there was the Herm playoff year which was ridiculous).

You could also call Reid's first year in KC a fluke because of the schedule for sure, but even if the last two weeks were horrible this is still better than I would have predicted at the beginning of the year. I guess I'm still in the phase where I'm happy to be kind of competent instead of just assuming the team will be destroyed every week.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

What the gently caress happened in the Raiders game?!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TubeStank posted:

A lame duck that gets abused and then drinks itself to death, I agree.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yaws posted:

What the gently caress happened in the Raiders game?!

They never scored

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

Sidney Rice, nooo (yes I know that is not him)

The real and good Sidney Rice actually bought/built a bunch of Wingstop restaurants in the Seattle/Tacoma area and seems to be doing pretty well. He seems like a really nice dude.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

They never scored

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

UTKevinAcee @UTKevinAcee · 5h 5 hours ago

The Chargers were 9-for-11 on third down. That's 81.8%, highest conversion rate ever by any team against the Ravens.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

Is this definitely true? Is there nothing that can happen to change this, like losing out? Is there any hope that we might have Gus in our future? :ohdear:

Also, St. Louis Rams rule, cops can suck it. I'm wondering what their "threat" will amount to. Refusing to work security for Rams games? I would really like if they staged protests outside of the dome. The irony of that would be thick enough to choke on.

The problem with Richardson is he doesn't understand how the game has changed in the last fifteen years. He wants and has spoken about it in the past to have a team like the Steelers of yester year. He wants a big strong run game and stout suffocating defense. It's probably a big part of the reason why Fox wanted to leave. He had former offensive line and run game coordinators forced down his throat as OCs. We all thought it was Fox who couldn't adapt but he's doing fine in Denver. McCoy is doing brilliantly well in San Diego. We get another defensive coordinator and another ball control offensive dipshit.

The team was built a few years ago to be balanced. A defense that could attack but wasn't perfect and an offense that could play up tempo and take big gains. Chud had cam playing as one of the most explosive (plays +20 yards not black) in the NFL and then we get a moron who had to go running to his copy of "football for dummies" to look up "no huddle".

I like the optimism Fiz has over Gus, but it's a pipe dream. We'll probably end up with Todd Bowles and someone like Gilbride as the OC.

Grittybeard posted:

This is sort of where KC was when he came though. There was a smoke and mirrors playoff year and nothing back to Vermeil (ok there was the Herm playoff year which was ridiculous).

You could also call Reid's first year in KC a fluke because of the schedule for sure, but even if the last two weeks were horrible this is still better than I would have predicted at the beginning of the year. I guess I'm still in the phase where I'm happy to be kind of competent instead of just assuming the team will be destroyed every week.

Yeah the year they looked amazing was partly due to the world's weakest schedule, particularly on the road. That being said you could probably make the argument an easy schedule gave them a lot of time to evaluate what they had and allow the fringe and inexperienced guys develop into players. I think the argument could be made for them finding another QB this offseason whether through the draft or through free agency. The free agency class would really be a side grade, but I could understand them using a high pick on someone doing the ol' bye week switcharoo and making a push in 2016. I guess it depends on what kind of plan he has in place.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

BlindSite posted:

The problem with Richardson is he doesn't understand how the game has changed in the last fifteen years. He wants and has spoken about it in the past to have a team like the Steelers of yester year. He wants a big strong run game and stout suffocating defense. It's probably a big part of the reason why Fox wanted to leave. He had former offensive line and run game coordinators forced down his throat as OCs. We all thought it was Fox who couldn't adapt but he's doing fine in Denver. McCoy is doing brilliantly well in San Diego. We get another defensive coordinator and another ball control offensive dipshit.

The team was built a few years ago to be balanced. A defense that could attack but wasn't perfect and an offense that could play up tempo and take big gains. Chud had cam playing as one of the most explosive (plays +20 yards not black) in the NFL and then we get a moron who had to go running to his copy of "football for dummies" to look up "no huddle".

I like the optimism Fiz has over Gus, but it's a pipe dream. We'll probably end up with Todd Bowles and someone like Gilbride as the OC.

Isn't it possible that his increasing desperation to see a super bowl before he dies could lead him to do something crazy to shake things up? I think he kind of already did that when he drafted Cam. He's gonna have to decide whether to hitch his horse to the run game or to Cam. If Cam is the answer, Gus is the perfect hire. But first, that will require that he fires Rivera to bring him on.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Watching the Steelers lose and McNabb has his issues but he was very cool on Pittsburgh which is super refreshing considering the open hero worship some commentators demonstrate.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Please someone beat the 9ers and push Harbaugh out the door

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

Isn't it possible that his increasing desperation to see a super bowl before he dies could lead him to do something crazy to shake things up? I think he kind of already did that when he drafted Cam. He's gonna have to decide whether to hitch his horse to the run game or to Cam. If Cam is the answer, Gus is the perfect hire. But first, that will require that he fires Rivera to bring him on.

Not for nothing but when they sacked Dan Henning they should have promoted McCoy. They should have already fired Shula and they should have hired Hue Jackson before ever bringing him on board.

Outside of Chuzinski there's been no commitment ever to an offensive coordinator that wasn't an old school run first traditionalist. Dan Henning, Davidson and now Shula. They could've had McCoy coaching instead of Davidson, could've had Hue Jackson instead of Shula. Time and time again they went with someone other than an innovator.

Yeah he'd be the perfect hire. Yes he's the kind of coach Cam could become a world beater under. I still don't see it happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Neodoomium posted:

Please someone beat the 9ers and push Harbaugh out the door

Hey we've done our part!

• Locked thread