Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

HungryMedusa posted:

Serious life hack from my sister: food stuck in your teeth but no toothpick? Pull out a hair from the back of your head and use it as floss. #grosshack. When confronted about the gross factor she insisted that now I know about it I will use it some day. I pass this curse on to goons.

Your sister has some mighty coarse hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Sappo569 posted:

They got that backwards, it's not going to plump the pillow up.

Instead you'll end up coming back to a plump cat on the pillow

This doesn't sound like a downside.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Devor posted:

I use staples, but thanks for the idea

Ugh, staples is like an hour drive from here, I'll just buy some toothpicks

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

HungryMedusa posted:

Serious life hack from my sister: food stuck in your teeth but no toothpick? Pull out a hair from the back of your head and use it as floss. #grosshack. When confronted about the gross factor she insisted that now I know about it I will use it some day. I pass this curse on to goons.

I carry floss in my purse for these occasions but thanks, I think

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Lifehack: keep at least some of your pubes long enough that you can floss w/ them

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I just keep a few meters of floss in my wallet, coiled around some bandages and alcohol wipes.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Work in an office and use various supplies to clean your filthy teeth! Post-its, thumb tacks, paper clips, even documents you might not need to give to other people! Save money and the environment!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

walrusman posted:

Totally normal scenarios that result in leftover pizza, much to the shock and distaste of foreign goons:

- Order pizza for yourself, eat part of it, save the rest for later
- Order large pizza for your family because it's $1 more expensive and twice the size of a medium
- Order several pizzas for a group of friends, estimate high
- Attend a work meeting that orders pizza for lunch and estimates way too high, take some home for dinner

But then they miss out on the chance to go "America fat lol"

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I just keep a few meters of floss in my wallet, coiled around some bandages and alcohol wipes.

What are you, my grandad?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Spergminer posted:

Don't do this. In general you should never put feather/down pillows, duvets or comforters out in the sun. It'll dry out the down and make the pillow even shittier, flatter and generally void your warrenty if you have expensive beddings.

True lifehack: If you must dry it outside, do it in the shade (but not while it's raining !). And if you use a dryer, throw a few clean tennis balls or plastic balls in the dryer to shake the duvet or pillow properly. It'll be fluffy again. :kimchi:

When I worked at a dry cleaners/laundry we used a tennis shoe for the fluffing of comforters and jackets in with them in the dryer. It was all we used the shoe for so it's not like it was dirty. Basically anything small and light but solid will work to fluff up your down.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Develop large gaps between your teeth and you can just use a credit card #toofhacks

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Have an unshaven SO and preform oral!

snipermonkey
Jun 30, 2010
Have your every other tooth pulled out so food won't get stuck between them. LIFE HACK!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Drink soylent and stop making GBS threads so you'll have clean teeth AND a clean anus!

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

change my name posted:

Drink soylent and stop making GBS threads so you'll have clean teeth AND a clean anus!

Speaking of, is that dude dead yet or what?

Lewis Skolnick
Nov 4, 2011
Turn any balloon into a case for your smart phone! Yes!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2854057/Here-s-turn-ordinary-balloon-smartphone-case-just-10-seconds.html

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

HungryMedusa posted:

I'm pretty bald so tell your sister thanks for the nice "gently caress you". I have a swiss army knife that has a toothpick.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Lifehack: too bald to use your hair as floss? Grow a long beard and you won't even have to pull any hairs out!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Lifehack: Use your filthy hairs to cut your breakfast of ten pizzas.

EDIT: Here are numerous things that angered me.

That MUST sound better...

WHY

I have seen someone do this when they wanted a BLT WITHOUT bread. It doesn't always work and is often a good way to eat alternately burnt-to-poo poo and raw bacon with every bite.

Not that terrible of an idea, but that looks so janky. Wouldn't a length of ribbon be just as effective anD a lot more visually appealing?

OR

OR

OR

YOU COULD HEAT WATER IN A loving TEAKETTLE
(OR) ON THE STOVE

oh gently caress you

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 11:40 on Dec 1, 2014

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

bringmyfishback posted:

Lifehack: Use your filthy hairs to cut your breakfast of ten pizzas.

EDIT: Here are numerous things that angered me.

OR

OR

OR

(OR) ON THE STOVE

oh gently caress you

These three might be marginally useful to students in dorms or people in motels. Situations where you don't have a proper kitchen and don't care about the longevity of the appliances. Using them in a house with a kitchen would be stupid though.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I built a grilled cheese maker out of two irons welded to a C-clamp once.

But I was also 16 and smoked a lot of weed so it seemed like a great idea. It actually worked OK but it was replaced with a waffle iron quickly because that also made waffles. During this portion of my life I lived in a converted garage in which I had built a massive tent fort out of sheets that was filled with blankets and pillows.

But gently caress you if you cook things with an iron as a functioning adult.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Angela Christine posted:

These three might be marginally useful to students in dorms or people in motels. Situations where you don't have a proper kitchen and don't care about the longevity of the appliances. Using them in a house with a kitchen would be stupid though.

The last one, maybe. I don't think many dorm rooms have Keurigs! And I'd be too afraid of over-grilling my cheese by setting the house on fire.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Man, getting a hair stuck between your teeth is awful. I say fie on this lifehack.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
I used the Keurig thing while at work to make instant oatmeal cause I was pregnant and wanted oatmeal. And it was faster than the microwave.... Except that I had to pick the occasional coffee ground out.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Emily A. Stanton posted:

I used the Keurig thing while at work to make instant oatmeal cause I was pregnant and wanted oatmeal. And it was faster than the microwave.... Except that I had to pick the occasional coffee ground out.

Breakfast and your morning pick-me-up all at once! #lifehax

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Reminds me of

Nowhere else in the world has toast, apparently.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Emily A. Stanton posted:

Yeah, I'm not saying a Keurig doesn't produce hot water, I'm saying that producing hot water's sort of what it DOES. Like, it's perfectly legit to use it to make instant oatmeal or ramen or anything else (assuming, of course, that you aren't dumb enough to add a pod) but it's not really a hack. It's like saying, "Lifehack: spread peanut butter on apples, not just bread!" Yeah, it's a good idea, but it's still basically using peanut butter as intended.

Also, please nobody put peanut butter in a Keurig.

Also, I am not trying to be sassy and/or argumentative, so please no one get mad. :ohdear:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

bringmyfishback posted:

That MUST sound better...
It does sound louder, if that's what you're going for. I don't quite need a fancy speaker (although I may buy one someday); this hack works fine while I'm getting ready in the morning (in the bathroom) at home or, better, while traveling. Then you can just throw away/recycle the cardboard when you're done. I didn't even bother with the pushpins.

But then I got a tablet with pretty good speakers and that was that.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

bringmyfishback posted:

Yeah, I'm not saying a Keurig doesn't produce hot water, I'm saying that producing hot water's sort of what it DOES. Like, it's perfectly legit to use it to make instant oatmeal or ramen or anything else (assuming, of course, that you aren't dumb enough to add a pod) but it's not really a hack. It's like saying, "Lifehack: spread peanut butter on apples, not just bread!" Yeah, it's a good idea, but it's still basically using peanut butter as intended.

Also, please nobody put peanut butter in a Keurig.

Also, I am not trying to be sassy and/or argumentative, so please no one get mad. :ohdear:

No, please, someone, put peanut butter in a Keurig. And post pics of the resulting mess

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hirayuki posted:

It does sound louder, if that's what you're going for. I don't quite need a fancy speaker (although I may buy one someday); this hack works fine while I'm getting ready in the morning (in the bathroom) at home or, better, while traveling. Then you can just throw away/recycle the cardboard when you're done. I didn't even bother with the pushpins.

But then I got a tablet with pretty good speakers and that was that.

Yeah, I think the idea is basically just giving the sound more surfaces to reverberate off of, boosting the strength of the soundwaves. You can do something similar by putting your phone in a bowl.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

Reminds me of

Nowhere else in the world has toast, apparently.
Did Lizzy lose her job? :ohdear:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

Yeah, I think the idea is basically just giving the sound more surfaces to reverberate off of, boosting the strength of the soundwaves. You can do something similar by putting your phone in a bowl.
A glass works well, too, if you can find one big enough for your phone. I just don't have bowls or glasses in my bathroom. Now, my kitchen, on the other hand...

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I call pizza left on the counter overnight pizza jerky.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

bringmyfishback posted:

OR

OR

OR

(OR) ON THE STOVE

I'm not familiar with this particular brand, but coffee makers work the same as kettles basically so why is this a bad thing?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

kazil posted:

I'm not familiar with this particular brand, but coffee makers work the same as kettles basically so why is this a bad thing?

Kettles boil, coffee makers shouldn't, and you generally want boiling water for anything involving dried noodles or pasta.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
[url=""]Just skip the middle-man and go straight for the Keurig Soup Pods:[/url]

And you're probably expecting that link to go to The Onion...it does not...

Though I haven't heard anything about this since that first article, so it might have been abandoned.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

bringmyfishback posted:

Not that terrible of an idea, but that looks so janky. Wouldn't a length of ribbon be just as effective anD a lot more visually appealing?

Worthless. The moment you take any pair of glasses down it messes with the careful balancing act they painstakingly undertook before the picture and the whole thing slides into a pile on one side shortly before collapsing onto the floor.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Noyemi K posted:

It's not bad, it's just the cool thing for Americans to hate vegemite and marmite despite 98% of us never having ever eaten it :rolleyes:

Kind of like how it's cool for people who don't live in the US to hate our "gross unhealthy food full of HFCS!!!!" when euros do the same poo poo with loving sugar beets (oh, hmm, what sugar comes from beets? Oh yeah, fructose.) Or our supposed love of everything fried (when even people HERE think fried coke is weird and fried pizza is gross).

However, when it comes to the foreign hate against american cheese, it is very much justified, because that poo poo is awful.

I'm British and have very much tried marmite. It's like a dead dog that got pureed and shoved into a blender with a bunch of hot tar.

PS nowt wrong with a fried Mars Bar :scotland:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
What, I have to have the pod and the packet? Get back to me when your products aren't so convoluted and bullshit, Campbell's. I don't have that much time to dedicate to soup! :argh: