Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Crunchyroll is also on PS4 so you're 2/3 on bad examples :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

goferchan posted:

WWE is on PS4 actually which is weird because there are only like 9 video apps and that's one of them. HBO GO is a really weird omission though if we're talking about those

HBOgo is in a weird place. poo poo like, its on roku, but you cant use it if you are on comcast, and they are only on samsung tv's.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Crunchy roll is on ps3 as well.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Hard drives: There isn't even a backup/restore now. Copy your saves first, then prepare for the Internetverbindammerung.

Cocks. It was a solid several hours to back up 500Gb on the PS3, and that gave me a useless backup.

What's the largest drive confirmed to work with the beastie?

Don Lapre posted:

HBOgo is in a weird place. poo poo like, its on roku, but you cant use it if you are on comcast, and they are only on samsung tv's.

HBO originally did a deal to only offer the 'Go' service to people that had a HBO subscription, and that was mandated through your cable connection. Comcast didn't like this and have made noises. Go should be going universal soonish, though. You still need a HBO account, but you won't be locked to the home router. You're still hosed with Comcast, though.

Hav fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 1, 2014

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

Hav posted:

Cocks. It was a solid several hours to back up 500Gb on the PS3, and that gave me a useless backup.

What's the largest drive confirmed to work with the beastie?

HBO originally did a deal to only offer the 'Go' service to people that had a HBO subscription, and that was mandated through your cable connection. Comcast didn't like this and have made noises. Go should be going universal soonish, though. You still need a HBO account, but you won't be locked to the home router. You're still hosed with Comcast, though.

I've heard 2tb drives work with the ps4. And if you have PS+ at least all your save games should be stored in the cloud. No help with the fact that you have to dl all your stuff again. Also comcast is the worst. Showtime Anywhere or whatever their service is called is the sameway works with most providers but not comcast. As for HBO GO, Comcast says that they can't offer services to any and all devices which blows my mind as they aren't even offering the drat service.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

weaaddar posted:

I've heard 2tb drives work with the ps4. And if you have PS+ at least all your save games should be stored in the cloud. No help with the fact that you have to dl all your stuff again.

Some people had trouble with cloud saves. Might as well flash drive back them up.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Hav posted:

HBO Go with comcast works fine on other things. Just not on Roku.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

Bombadilillo posted:

Some people had trouble with cloud saves. Might as well flash drive back them up.

Can you transfer saves to a usb stick?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Don Lapre posted:

I'm probably working off old information, this is what was happening in 2013; http://www.cnet.com/news/dont-let-the-cheap-comcast-hbo-deal-fool-you-cord-cutters/

Is it working on the PS3 for comcast subscribers?

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

weaaddar posted:

Can you transfer saves to a usb stick?

Yes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Don Lapre posted:

Doesn't work on PS3 either so it's probably safe PS4 will be a no go when the app is released in 2034.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

HBO CEOs are probably just now discovering youtube

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I know everyone has been saying it but holy poo poo that Guilty Gear demo is good.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I know everyone has been saying it but holy poo poo that Guilty Gear demo is good.

Yeah, it's got me pumped for the full game. I just hope my Xrd TE2 gets here in time to use with it. The DS4 pad is pretty good - way better than the DS3 anyway - but I'm just used to a stick for fighting games.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Hbo go works great with Comcast on an Apple TV. Comcast just wants you to use their lovely on demand services instead of an outside app. They are clinging to life any way they can. Luckily in 2015 hbo go is going away from cable contracts and everyone can just pay 15$ a month to use it like Netflix.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harton posted:

Luckily in 2015 hbo go is going away from cable contracts and everyone can just pay 15$ a month to use it like Netflix.

God does in fact exist after all.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Harton posted:

Hbo go works great with Comcast on an Apple TV. Comcast just wants you to use their lovely on demand services instead of an outside app. They are clinging to life any way they can. Luckily in 2015 hbo go is going away from cable contracts and everyone can just pay 15$ a month to use it like Netflix.

It will still be available with cable, though, so there's a chance Comcast will still be tools about it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ugh, why is the Guilty Gear demo PS+ only? I just want to play it and it doesn't look like we're getting it in the UK anytime soon. Or ever.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Dragon Age 44$ on Amazon right now Gold deal of the Day!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Bombadilillo posted:

Wish Best Buy matched it so I could get that 20% GCU discount...

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

NESguerilla posted:

Doesn't work on PS3 either so it's probably safe PS4 will be a no go when the app is released in 2034.

It works on the 360 though. It doesn't work with Roku or Roku stick, but works with Apple TV and Chromecast. In short, gently caress comcast.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Was hoping for a Cyber Monday PS+ deal but not finding anything at the usual places, anyone having luck anywhere else?

Gothmog
Aug 27, 2003

I'm a mental patient. I'm supposed to act out.

Knightmare posted:

Was hoping for a Cyber Monday PS+ deal but not finding anything at the usual places, anyone having luck anywhere else?

Rakuten has $30 off $100 if you use paypal. I used it to buy two one year PS+ cards.

I_Like_Me
Dec 26, 2004

Gothmog posted:

Rakuten has $30 off $100 if you use paypal. I used it to buy two one year PS+ cards.

Sold out...

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Man I'm glad I boosted up until like 2016 for PS+ last black friday. I figure by 2016 there will probably be a PS+ sale

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Bass Bottles posted:

It will still be available with cable, though, so there's a chance Comcast will still be tools about it.

Yeah I originally had a roku and just got pissed off every time I thought about it. So I finally went out and bought an Apple TV and now the roku is pretty much a coaster.

100$ completely wasted because Comcast for some reason.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Attention: Game world will reboot soon. anticipate momentary interruptions of activity.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Artless Meat posted:

It works on the 360 though. It doesn't work with Roku or Roku stick, but works with Apple TV and Chromecast. In short, gently caress comcast.

The funny thing is it didn't work on 360 with Comcast, so people made a huge stink about it and it got tons of bad press do they caved. I guess PS3 users just didn't complain enough.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

That's absolutely what it is, why does Apple TV work and not roku? It's the exact same thing with a different logo on it. They probably don't wanna piss of Apple and the 360 had a huge user base.

$$$

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Kinda odd question: why is rear end Creed 4 still over $40 when it is a year old? Shouldn't it be in the $20-$30 range by now?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Waltzing Along posted:

Kinda odd question: why is rear end Creed 4 still over $40 when it is a year old? Shouldn't it be in the $20-$30 range by now?

It was $25 at Gamespot a month ago when I bought it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

LorneReams posted:

It was $25 at Gamespot a month ago when I bought it.

New on PS4?

Nevermind. $23 at Target now. Wonder why Amazon still has it priced so high.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh drat Dragon Age is 44.99 on Amazon right now. poo poo that's tempting. I wasn't expecting any of 2 weeks ago's games to be on sale this season.

Edit: No $30 PS+ this year though unfortunately. I should have just bought like 3 years worth last year.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 1, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Artless Meat posted:

I guess we know which evil corporations wield more power.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

New on PS4?

Nevermind. $23 at Target now. Wonder why Amazon still has it priced so high.

Looks like that price on target.com is pre-owned. It was $25 when I bought it in store Friday. Online price says $31.99 for new.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bombadilillo posted:

gently caress, just paid $78 Cdn for this at Amazon.ca and it's preparing for shipment. It'd be $54 Cdn from Amazon USA for me.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 1, 2014

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

God, I loved Black Flag. Obviously, the assassin part of it was the weakest, but the collectibles, upgrades, and being a pirate stuff was amazing.

Too bad Unity got rid of all of that, and Rogue is last-gen only. Do they have future pirate-centric games in the works?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

God, I loved Black Flag. Obviously, the assassin part of it was the weakest, but the collectibles, upgrades, and being a pirate stuff was amazing.

Too bad Unity got rid of all of that, and Rogue is last-gen only. Do they have future pirate-centric games in the works?

After the disaster that was Unity and the generally positive reception to Rogue, almost certainly.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
The only thing keeping me from buying Rogue is the idea that it will get next gen treatment. I almost wish I never played GTA5 on PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

Shadow of Mordor is still $26 on amazon too, which is nice since I missed it on Friday.

http://www.amazon.com/Middle-Earth-Shadow-Mordor-PlayStation-4/dp/B00GMFKYK8

• Locked thread