Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I guess my connection has been trash lately because in FFA I can't hit anyone, love watching people pop around the corner, and I fall over dead. Pretty much standard COD fare. I might take gamestop up on that trade in offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

coyo7e posted:

You never posted your gamertag that I've seen, so I've no interest in doing the research through your post history to find out who to send a friend request to. Bummer, dude... I posted my gamertag and specified that I was on 360 a couple times, and have yet to receive a ping from you - why should I track down your info and try to send you a request, then?

Your post is the equivalent of someone on the side of the road with an empty gas can, flagging down motorists however, when they pull over to offer him a lift he asks them to go take his gas can to the nearest gas station and fill it up and return it to him.

You gotta put some small amount of :effort: in before anyone wants to give it back.

and this has been your weekly reminder that coyo7e is a crazy person

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So does anybody know if the Combat Readiness Program is against actual people or bots? I mean it goes through the matchmaking process so I'm assuming it is, but the people in that mode dont play like regular people (hence "combat readiness") I guess.

It's also the most patronizing thing since the annoucer will chime in with "good kill,nice shot, good double kill!" Every other thing you do.

On a different subject, I've regressed to running just support UAV and Care Package, with maybe System Hack to shoot for normally since trying to get anything higher is just to campy for my playstyle, anybody else running the same?

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

DJCobol posted:

This game is so loving broken, which sucks because its fun when it does work.

You obviously haven't played Halo: MCC

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

BCRock posted:

Use one of these Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales and join us on the Bone already dude.

The Kinectless rear end. Creed Bone bundle was going for $350 here. If you sell off the Ubisoft games that's almost a good deal.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Anyone play this time of night? I keep logging on when everyone on my list logs off. It's kind of annoying.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

On a different subject, I've regressed to running just support UAV and Care Package, with maybe System Hack to shoot for normally since trying to get anything higher is just to campy for my playstyle, anybody else running the same?

I do, because I spend so much time running around with shotguns that I can't keep a streak of more than 2-3 kills going. I typically run UAV, care package and sentry, though the sentry is optional if I want another perk.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
have come to wound the autumnal city

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

and this has been your weekly reminder that coyo7e is a crazy person
If only you worked with posts involving multiple sentences then I might bother to

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Nighthand posted:

Anyone play this time of night? I keep logging on when everyone on my list logs off. It's kind of annoying.

What system are you on? We usually have a few of us playing reaaaaaaal late ps4

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

BaronVanAwesome posted:

What system are you on? We usually have a few of us playing reaaaaaaal late ps4

:hfive:

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Come play right now!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Next week bro! Family/gf stuffs

All that double xp :(

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

BCRock posted:

Use one of these Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales and join us on the Bone already dude.

I can't afford it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

coyo7e posted:

You never posted your gamertag that I've seen, so I've no interest in doing the research through your post history to find out who to send a friend request to. Bummer, dude... I posted my gamertag and specified that I was on 360 a couple times, and have yet to receive a ping from you - why should I track down your info and try to send you a request, then?

Your post is the equivalent of someone on the side of the road with an empty gas can, flagging down motorists however, when they pull over to offer him a lift he asks them to go take his gas can to the nearest gas station and fill it up and return it to him.

You gotta put some small amount of :effort: in before anyone wants to give it back.

I was thinking the clan functionality would take care of that like it does in GTA v. Thanks for the big long-winded unnecessary post impressing upon everyone how much you value your own time and proving that you don't.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I was thinking the clan functionality would take care of that like it does in GTA v. Thanks for the big long-winded unnecessary post impressing upon everyone how much you value your own time and proving that you don't.

Just post your tag and everyone will be happy.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The clan list doesn't work and I don't think it's ever worked properly.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

I wish more scorestreaks had the support option. I've been using uav (support, scramble, extra time) + care package (support, better odds, reroll) + remote turret (support, sentry, 360 turret) and it has been a pretty fun stack to run in momentum.

What's the best uav setup?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

this little bastard posted:

I wish more scorestreaks had the support option. I've been using uav (support, scramble, extra time) + care package (support, better odds, reroll) + remote turret (support, sentry, 360 turret) and it has been a pretty fun stack to run in momentum.

What's the best uav setup?

I run support, enemy direction, and threat detection. It's pretty nice for the amount of time it's out.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Support threat detection extra time

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

http://youtu.be/F457iJ2C8JY
Grandpas and grandmas play advanced warfare

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Christoff posted:

Support threat detection extra time

All day every day

Heres what I run on every class:

UAV (Support/Threat Detection/Extra Time)
Care Package (Trap/Double Tap/Support)
Sentry (AI Control/Support)

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Sentry AI/Support/Laser or Missile depending on how I feel that day, for me.

Care package I do support/trap/better odds, generally. Haven't bothered with double tap, but I only earn 1-2 per game most of the time so whatever.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
The only scorestreak I use is UAV+support/threat detection. :D

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Hey, no problem, glad to help! Apparently you're still not gonna to tell anyone what your gamertag is and there is no active clan on 360 that I'm aware of so enjoy playing with pubs! :)

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Danger Close with MDL spamming on Momentum is so much fun. I recommend it to everybody. It could be the new Ghosts Shield+C4

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I am never gonna prestige and already got the gear from the soda bottle codes. FCFS good luck!

NSKMN
SWY9(one letter)

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Danger Close with MDL spamming on Momentum is so much fun. I recommend it to everybody. It could be the new Ghosts Shield+C4
Random thought but I wonder, does Danger Close affect Overcharge slam damage, by chance?

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
For some reason I cannot join session on the old xbone, gonna try to reset it

Edit: got in, now I just need to get the boys tag. Mulloyii on ye old xbox.

Mulloy fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 1, 2014

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
The Bulldog loving sucks so loving much aghhhhhhhh why do I want the royalty camo for my good shotgun so bad

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

The Bulldog loving sucks so loving much aghhhhhhhh why do I want the royalty camo for my good shotgun so bad

Use it in Hardcore; it's a death machine. Lethal almost all the way to it's maximum range.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Anyone got Riot for ExoSurvival unlocked? If so, I'd like to try to get the Zombie ending.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
My life's work is finally compleeeeete

(Is there a way to see how many in-game hours you've played?)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

BaronVanAwesome posted:

How can you have spent so much effort and time, and not once noticed a thing called Combat Record under Operator? :confused:

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

How can you have spent so much effort and time, and not once noticed a thing called Combat Record under Operator? :confused:

Ohhhh, I was looking in the PS4 game options and hard drive poo poo. Whee!

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
PLEASE DROP YOUR WEAPON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd5TSs-uwX4

I wish XMGs had an attachment that put up a chest level shield when you activated overwatch or something to give you some sort of deployable cover, even though this gimmick is fun literally any other gun in the game would do this better on account of XMGs being awful in every way

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

pretty soft girl posted:

PLEASE DROP YOUR WEAPON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd5TSs-uwX4

I wish XMGs had an attachment that put up a chest level shield when you activated overwatch or something to give you some sort of deployable cover, even though this gimmick is fun literally any other gun in the game would do this better on account of XMGs being awful in every way

It's no Rabbo, but I bet the rage from dying to XMGs is worth it's weight in gold.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So does anybody know if the Combat Readiness Program is against actual people or bots? I mean it goes through the matchmaking process so I'm assuming it is, but the people in that mode dont play like regular people (hence "combat readiness") I guess.
It's a mix of bots and real people. They just don't label them.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

can someone tell coyote to stop posting plox

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Jesus loving christ. Already? Also what prestige is that?

Mister Macys posted:

It's no Rabbo, but I bet the rage from dying to XMGs is worth it's weight in gold.

I have used it for definitely under an hour and it's just ridiculous. You could probably get the same amount of rage from 10 XMG kills as 1000 BAL-27 kills, despite the BAL being complete bullshit.

Mister Macys posted:

Use it in Hardcore; it's a death machine. Lethal almost all the way to it's maximum range.

You don't say? :v:

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I have been using the XMG/Shield combo exclusively in hardcore for days and yeah the rage is amazing. People get so mad when "that fucker with the two machine guns" kills them, especially when I lock down and get longshots from across Terrace or something.

The shield almost never protects me in lockdown though, it's either too high up and blocks my shots or too low and I just die. I find it most useful on my back, to keep people from rushing me from behind.

Also fun fact: when you use Exo Hover, you can lock down while in the air. I h ave gotten a few kills as a hovering sentry gun over a point I just took in HC Dom.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Nighthand posted:

I have been using the XMG/Shield combo exclusively in hardcore for days and yeah the rage is amazing. People get so mad when "that fucker with the two machine guns" kills them, especially when I lock down and get longshots from across Terrace or something.
I may have to try this. I've been using the noob tube and semtex lately and I've gotten a TON of glorious rage mics. Terrace is the best map every for this. Start at the top and just keep double jumping your way down all 5 or 6 levels, lobbing grenades as you go. I just wish you could reload explosives using scavenger. I'm pretty close to unlocking overkill so I can have 2 primary weapons with noob tubes on them, I can't wait for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

this is for when you finish top 3 right?

• Locked thread