Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Someone mentioned him in the actual thread but I just wanted to gloat about realizing how good Markus Granlund was in Europe / the AHL and picking him up in my keeper league over the off-season. We have farm teams and having a guy who's near PPG sitting on the farm team, and was free, feels pretty good (I know he won't keep it up, but shhh).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
If we're bragging, I got Tarasenko off the waiver wire in my league. Makes a suitable replacement for the injured Patrick Sharp, I think.

But my league is hilariously bad...

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Well yeah, if you got Tarasenko off the WW, then your league is bad.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Teemu's Salami is top tier though, imo

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Farewell Pascal Dupuis.

Also loving Datsyuk being injured every other day isn't helping. Nor Varlamov doing weird things to his groin in front of a shithouse team.

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Diet Crack posted:

Farewell Pascal Dupuis.

Also loving Datsyuk being injured every other day isn't helping. Nor Varlamov doing weird things to his groin in front of a shithouse team.

I had both of the Euro Twins last year. They were great when they weren't hurt but they were literally always hurt :(

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'm hoping this Jets backup gets more starts because Pavelec is usually poo poo.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

mentholmoose posted:

I've got one of those good to have problems in HHL right now. Dan Boyle came off IR a few days back, but I don't have anywhere to put him. My defense right now is Lindholm, Yandle, Enstrom, Vatanen, and Fowler. I have no idea who needs defense in that league, but I'd like to package Boyle and a winger for a center.

Would love to make a deal with you but I don't think I have anything you want, or vice versa. I am looking to move Seth Jones and Jarome Iginla. Or, like, whoever. I'm looking for some reliable scoring forwards.

And despite being 3rd in the league, I can read the stats and I have no illusions of competing this year.

toe knee hand fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 22, 2014

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Is it worth picking up Taylor Hall and dropping Kyle Turris? Hall's stats are better this season so far, but I'm worried that being on the Oilers will result in him just getting worse. Also Hall can start in C and LW which gives me more options than just Turris's C position.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

thehustler posted:

Is it worth picking up Taylor Hall and dropping Kyle Turris? Hall's stats are better this season so far, but I'm worried that being on the Oilers will result in him just getting worse. Also Hall can start in C and LW which gives me more options than just Turris's C position.

In what insane league is Taylor Hall not owned?

Yes, grab him immediately. Is there nobody else you could drop?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Hasn't Turris been cold this year anyways? I dropped him in one of my leagues on account of him doing poo poo gently caress all.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I mean, yeah, you obviously pick up Hall, even if it means dropping Turris. Just wondering if there were other options.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

I mean, yeah, you obviously pick up Hall, even if it means dropping Turris. Just wondering if there were other options.

Err they may be but I think I have too many centers anyway so if I have to drop one I'd rather drop a lovely one. He's been shite this year.

Edit to post my current team:

K. Turris Ott - C
R. Johansen Cls - C,RW
A. Steen StL - C,LW
J. Neal Nsh - LW,RW
P. Hornqvist Pit - RW
V. Tarasenko StL - RW
D. Doughty LA - D
K. Letang Pit - D
P. Subban Mon - D
A. Edler Van - D
J. Toews Chi - C
R. Nash NYR - LW,RW
J. Garrison TB - D
B. Elliott StL - G
C. Schneider NJ - G
M. Smith Ari - G

Edit 2: Switched Hall for Turris

thehustler fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 24, 2014

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Gobias Ind. posted:

In what insane league is Taylor Hall not owned?

There are so many players like this that it makes me wonder just how many race for the bottom leagues there are out there.

Radim Vrbata is tied for 7th in goals, plays on a productive line and is owned by 79% of teams.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Antifreeze Head posted:

There are so many players like this that it makes me wonder just how many race for the bottom leagues there are out there.

Radim Vrbata is tied for 7th in goals, plays on a productive line and is owned by 79% of teams.

It's difficult though because what are his other stats like? I've considered replacing players before but when it's a head to head league and other stats are being scored on too and those players have lovely +/- or assists or whatever it can be a hard choice.

Edit: Vrbata looks like he struggles in a few categories compared to people I already have, for example, who are decent across the board. I would struggle to find a reason to pick them up unless somebody starts sucking and I need to drop them.

So, hopefully nobody picks him up so he can be my backup. I'm playing in a league with people who know gently caress all about hockey...

thehustler fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 24, 2014

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

thehustler posted:

It's difficult though because what are his other stats like? I've considered replacing players before but when it's a head to head league and other stats are being scored on too and those players have lovely +/- or assists or whatever it can be a hard choice.

I pretty much completely ignore +/- when making roster decisions. If all other things are equal, I'll avoid the Buffalo Sabre that is -20, but otherwise I don't care about it.

It's one stat, and it fluctuates pretty wildly from week to week. If I win it, great, if not, oh well, my team is built to win the other stats.

How many teams are in your league and what stats are used? Could you post your team?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

I pretty much completely ignore +/- when making roster decisions. If all other things are equal, I'll avoid the Buffalo Sabre that is -20, but otherwise I don't care about it.

It's one stat, and it fluctuates pretty wildly from week to week. If I win it, great, if not, oh well, my team is built to win the other stats.

How many teams are in your league and what stats are used? Could you post your team?

Team's edited in to an above post. I ended up dropping Turris but if people think there's somebody else I could have dropped I would imagine I can claim him back tomorrow with no problems.

It's a Yahoo head to head league.

code:
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: 	Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG)
Goaltenders Stat Categories: 	Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

thehustler fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 24, 2014

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

thehustler posted:

Team's edited in to an above post. I ended up dropping Turris but if people think there's somebody else I could have dropped I would imagine I can claim him back tomorrow with no problems.

It's a Yahoo head to head league.

code:
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: 	Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG)
Goaltenders Stat Categories: 	Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Okay yeah, Turris is probably the guy to drop there. The only other one I would consider is Jason Garrison, because I never carry extra defensemen. Forwards are just so much more valuable in a league that doesn't count hits or blocks.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

Okay yeah, Turris is probably the guy to drop there. The only other one I would consider is Jason Garrison, because I never carry extra defensemen. Forwards are just so much more valuable in a league that doesn't count hits or blocks.

Oh cool thanks.

I specifically wanted an extra D because I thought it'd be good to have people in that spot playing every day at least. But what you say makes sense.

Maybe I should get Turris back? ;-)

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

thehustler posted:

Edit: Vrbata looks like he struggles in a few categories compared to people I already have, for example, who are decent across the board. I would struggle to find a reason to pick them up unless somebody starts sucking and I need to drop them.

So, hopefully nobody picks him up so he can be my backup. I'm playing in a league with people who know gently caress all about hockey...

I'm not saying you should rush out and grab him, but Vrbata is in the top 10 of RWs for two-thirds of the stats your league counts.

There are probably a lot of leagues using similar stats, so he really should be owned more than 79%. Especially as Blake Wheeler (who is worse at everything) is owned in 87% of leagues.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My namby pamby team had all of 6 PIMs last week so I got crushed in that stat. I think they were all from Malkin.

Well time to pick up Downie! :getin:

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

Nino, Versteeg, or Wheeler? We use GWG and SHP as well as hits and blocks.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Keeper or not?

If not keeper, Wheeler. If keeper, Nino.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

My teams suck :(

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

toe knee hand posted:

Would love to make a deal with you but I don't think I have anything you want, or vice versa. I am looking to move Seth Jones and Jarome Iginla. Or, like, whoever. I'm looking for some reliable scoring forwards.

Hey, sorry for not responding earlier, the only guys I'd really want are Bjugstad and Marleau. Not sure Boyle + someone would really get either of them, especially since Bjugstad I think is a $1 acquisition.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
elliott getting hurt really is going to make hitting the minimum starts requirement tough in lsl

hopefully varlamov stays injured for a bit so pickard continues to get starts

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
My kingdom for a fuckin' goalie, I'm getting whooped, woo

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Vicas posted:

My kingdom for a fuckin' goalie, I'm getting whooped, woo

I just added Ilya Bryzgalov and Jussi Rynnas to my team. Goaltending bad.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I picked up Brodeur just for shits and giggles since I get crushed in goalie stats anyway (fuckin Lehtonen :argh:)

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

priznat posted:

I picked up Brodeur just for shits and giggles since I get crushed in goalie stats anyway (fuckin Lehtonen :argh:)

Honestly you can't blame Leht'em'in for that sorry excuse of a team :( I was thinking about Brodeur but I already have broken Elliot and Allen soooooo.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Koopa Kid posted:

I just added Ilya Bryzgalov and Jussi Rynnas to my team. Goaltending bad.

I had no idea Rynnas was still around.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Technetium posted:

I had no idea Rynnas was still around.

He probably shouldn't be!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I too picked up Brodeur, but Varlamov is coming off IR so it's just a chance to show him the door for not ending his career in NJ.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Boy, everything about my team sucks and the LSL is too big to even have hidden gems, just fourth liners. i can't even think of a trade i could make because I have nothing of value to give up that wouldn't leave me even more screwed

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Diet Crack posted:

My teams suck :(

My LSL team (Scooby Dubi Doo) is either purely bad or "decent, but just bad enough to lose each week". I can't tell which.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

CBJSprague24 posted:

My LSL team (Scooby Dubi Doo) is either purely bad or "decent, but just bad enough to lose each week". I can't tell which.

If you go to Team Stats under the League dropdown, and then click on Totals, it shows you the actual numbers and can give a better indication of how your team stacks up.

you might be happier if you don't look though

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah definitely use team stats to assess your team and then cry like I do in the HHL

e: this is why I almost wish we hadn't done auction in the HHL so I could tank and trade for draft picks, no 4th playoff appearance and ensuing choke for me

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Some leagues you can trade auction dollars...

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I was thinking about that.

How do the rest of you HHL guys feel about trading future keeper slots/cap money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I'm so disheartened by my HHL team I dont even know what to think :sigh:

• Locked thread