Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Keito posted:

Is your disk dying?

Nope, it's full. So I'm just a dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Helpimscared posted:

With or without SSL?

With ssl on both.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Ashex posted:

Does anyone know of a way to have SABnzbd unpack downloads before moving them to the destination directory? I've been having issues with Plex not matching stuff and after monitoring the log while something was downloaded I noticed that it creates a folder in the destination where it unpacks to then it moves things to the appropriate location (renaming/cleanup).

Was wondering the same... https://sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11398 don't know if this helps

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I had this issue with nzbget and I turned off the plex "monitor folders as they changed" and just have it scan every hour or so.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

kri kri posted:

I had this issue with nzbget and I turned off the plex "monitor folders as they changed" and just have it scan every hour or so.

I'll probably have to do this and write a script to trigger a scan in plex.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Just set up plex to scan every hour or whatever you want in the plex settings.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Think this is the best thread to put this as I'm sure there's been others in a similar situation.

My server is a C2D box a bit low on RAM but trundles along OK running NzbGet/NzbDrone/CouchPotato/Plex and I have a client running on it too, and it gets used for web browsing in the lounge. There's a 4 bay drive hanging off it via USB2 (ugh) and the system drive is 1TB internal.

Currently the system drive is where things get downloaded, unpacked and moved either to one of the external drives or into a Media folder living on that drive (if it's not been categorised by anything).

I picked up a 250GB Samsung EVO 840 SSD on Amazon UK's lightning deal for £70 as it's a nice chunk less than the £90 I've seen it for at cheapest elsewhere.

Was thinking of moving the system and applications to this drive, which shouldn't take up more than maybe 40gb at most, then using it mainly as the place to unpack/fix files before moving to the externals, or the Media folder which will now be all that's on the existing 1TB drive.

A decent use of the SSD? Should I see a decent enough performance or is it unlikely to make much of a difference to my life? I've told a friend I'd pass on the SSD to him at cost if I can't justify it's use, and don't really want to install everything and find it's not really worth it (I'd prefer to pass it on to him in a sealed, as new state).

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Unpacks should be much faster, but 250GB might be overkill if that and being home to some daemons is all it'll be used for. I imagine the latter stay mostly (or completely) in RAM once they've launched, and web browsing is also mainly a RAM thing, although all the programs will launch a bit faster.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, the size is kind of a 'well I'm paying the same for a 250 as I would for a 120 so I might's well' and the usual thing of knowing things are bound to change down the line and more storage than anticipated is needed. At the moment I pause downloads while unpacking so hoping that won't be needed so much, as I didn't really want the old spinning disk to be thrashed quite so hard (especially when backfilling).

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
I would get the 250. I went with a 120 in my fileserver, between the OS and cleanup failures I've had a few things sit there for awhile unnoticed until I remote into the box and see the OS drive sitting at 3GB free. I will probably move to a 250GB OS drive when I see a decent black friday deal.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
Anyone got any unbeatable black friday deals they have seen on block accounts or what not?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Syano posted:

Anyone got any unbeatable black friday deals they have seen on block accounts or what not?

I picked up a 100gb blocknews account for $8.99 last night: http://blocknews.net/holidays/

Edit: also, NZB 360 is 50% off: http://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/2nn3cj/nzb_360_50_off_black_friday_sale_24h_only/

Rooted Vegetable fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 28, 2014

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Thanks for this. It's a great app but $5 is so much easier to justify than $10.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I'm retiring my old NAS and decided to just use an external drive on my iMac while having SAB/Sickbeard run on it. I thought this would be easy but it seems that there aren't any binaries available for Sickbeard and the command-line installations are giving me problems on Mavericks, notably on installing Cheetah.

Has anyone already encountered issues installing on OSX? I can swag a little terminal action but when things don't work I quickly lose my element. To be specific, when I run the curl command I get the following:

code:
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
wget and apt-get don't appear to be valid commands on my machine and I even tried installing them but started barking up trees that I'm not certain about. Any suggestions from someone who already went down this path?

Thanks!

I'm using these two guides, FYI: http://jetshred.com/2012/07/26/installing-sickbeard-on-os-x-10-dot-8/ and http://sickbeard.com/install.html#Source

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

TraderStav posted:

I'm retiring my old NAS and decided to just use an external drive on my iMac while having SAB/Sickbeard run on it. I thought this would be easy but it seems that there aren't any binaries available for Sickbeard and the command-line installations are giving me problems on Mavericks, notably on installing Cheetah.

Has anyone already encountered issues installing on OSX? I can swag a little terminal action but when things don't work I quickly lose my element. To be specific, when I run the curl command I get the following:

code:
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
wget and apt-get don't appear to be valid commands on my machine and I even tried installing them but started barking up trees that I'm not certain about. Any suggestions from someone who already went down this path?

Thanks!

I'm using these two guides, FYI: http://jetshred.com/2012/07/26/installing-sickbeard-on-os-x-10-dot-8/ and http://sickbeard.com/install.html#Source

slap an "-L" onto the end and it should work. The pypi page probably redirects you somewhere along the line.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

SeaborneClink posted:

slap an "-L" onto the end and it should work. The pypi page probably redirects you somewhere along the line.

This did it! Thanks!

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Anyone here an nzpre user? I noticed its been dead for a couple of days :(

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
How long has nzbs.org been down?

Also, looking at this nzb360 thing and I realize that I'm not getting everything I should out of my fileserver/usenet/htpc setup. Is there a comprehensive beginning to end here are all the things you should do guide for all of this stuff? Setting up the services, best practices for usenet, enabling remote managing/queuing, getting Plex setup for viewing while traveling, etc?

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

KingKapalone posted:

Just checked, it currently up

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

KingKapalone posted:

nzbs.org/browse will trigger the login page.

e: actually i'm getting a 502 bad gateway at the moment, that's new.

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Dec 1, 2014

yugge
Aug 27, 2008

Nam Taf posted:

nzbs.org/browse will trigger the login page.

e: actually i'm getting a 502 bad gateway at the moment, that's new.

Works now, go to nzbs.org/login

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder
$55 for a 2TB block at newsgroupdirect.com today.

Highwinds reseller w/ SSL. I got my last block almost 3 years ago and find them fast/ reliable.

Wuphons Dream
Mar 29, 2007

yugge posted:

Works now, go to nzbs.org/login

Oddly, for me, the nzbs.org feed that SABnzbd polls was not fetching new shows via SABnzbd, I could copy paste the URL from SAB RSS settings into firefox and get the current RSS feed, so nzbs.org RSS was working.

SAB debug logs seemed to show everything working as normal, except new shows were not being picked-up.

code:
2014-12-01 19:10:21,081::INFO::[sabnzbd:1263] SABnzbd.exe-0.7.20 (rev=1df2943d05d64915a166e2c97e1eef86f72e3ff3)
2014-12-01 19:10:21,377::INFO::[sabnzbd:1271] Platform=Windows-Vista-6.1.7601-SP1 (=Vista+ x64) Class=nt
2014-12-01 19:10:21,377::INFO::[sabnzbd:1276] Python-version = 2.5.5 (r255:77872, Jan 31 2010, 15:49:35) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
2014-12-01 19:10:21,377::INFO::[sabnzbd:1277] Arguments = "C:\Program Files (x86)\SABnzbd\SABnzbd.exe" -l 2
2014-12-01 19:10:37,289::INFO::[rss:509] Starting scheduled RSS read-out for "myshows"
2014-12-01 19:10:37,289::DEBUG::[rss:332] Running feedparser on [url]http://nzbs.org/rss?t=-3&dl=1&i=10293&r=2a1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx6731&rls=2[/url]
2014-12-01 19:10:39,441::DEBUG::[rss:334] Done parsing [url]http://nzbs.org/rss?t=-3&dl=1&i=10293&r=2a1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx6731&rls=2[/url]
2014-12-01 19:10:54,683::INFO::[__init__:919] Saving data for rss_data.sab in C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\sabnzbd\admin\rss_data.sab
2014-12-01 19:10:54,760::INFO::[rss:523] Finished scheduled RSS read-outs
I shutdown SAB, deleted the "rss_data.sab" file and restarted. That fixed it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Appreciate the aforementioned help on getting sickbeard installed on OS X. Strangely, Python keeps crashing after a few hours randomly. I googled it and seems to be a common problem on Mavericks (which I'm on) with no clear resolution. Has anyone else encountered this and a have a fix? Will finally upgrading to Yosemite fix this?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I've installed SickBeard + SABNZBD for the first time on a PC (I'm normally a mac user) and I got this error when sabnzbd attempted to unpack and run the sabtosickbeard.py script:

'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Any advice?

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
Start over and install NzbGet and Sonarr

But if you want to stick with SB isn't there an exe post processing script you can use? Otherwise you might have to install python

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Horn posted:

Start over and install NzbGet and Sonarr

But if you want to stick with SB isn't there an exe post processing script you can use? Otherwise you might have to install python
Yup, you definitely want to be using sabtosickbeard.exe, not .py.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

Death Vomit Wizard posted:

Highwinds reseller w/ SSL. I got my last block almost 3 years ago and find them fast/ reliable.

Thanks for the heads up. I jumped on that. Mainly because supernews turned up a lot of duds on older stuff, but now I think I'll switch to a block plan over the monthly supernews sub.

Sonarr= NZBDrone?

I should look into some script things. I want to fix a lot of the folder/renaming rules that SABNZBD does. My initial thought was that it's complicated/ programmerish, but it's probably really easy once I read up on some stuff.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

Daktari posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I jumped on that. Mainly because supernews turned up a lot of duds on older stuff, but now I think I'll switch to a block plan over the monthly supernews sub.

Sonarr= NZBDrone?

I should look into some script things. I want to fix a lot of the folder/renaming rules that SABNZBD does. My initial thought was that it's complicated/ programmerish, but it's probably really easy once I read up on some stuff.

Yeah, Sonarr is NZBDrone. Such a stupid name.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I finally installed NZBGet and I love being able to give my servers priorities. But. How can I actually see which server is downloading at the moment? I found a sort of historical graph, but I'm interesting in knowing which parts are being downloaded right now by which server. Basically the equivalent of the Connections screen under Status in SAB. Am I just missing something?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Sub Rosa posted:

I finally installed NZBGet and I love being able to give my servers priorities. But. How can I actually see which server is downloading at the moment? I found a sort of historical graph, but I'm interesting in knowing which parts are being downloaded right now by which server. Basically the equivalent of the Connections screen under Status in SAB. Am I just missing something?

I'm not downloading anything right at the moment, so I can't check, but I think you can click on the currently downloading item in the queue and it will tell you that poo poo.

I'd like to know where you find the historical graph?

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Terrible UI accessibility for that, you click on the timer thing then click total downloaded. You can then select a bunch of filters including by news server.

If I want to see where something is being grabbed I usually just watch the Messages tab in real time, not sure if the same thing is available elsewhere in a better format. It does tell you if its hitting a backup server though.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

Death Vomit Wizard posted:

Doubling the thanks. This offer still has about 3hrs left as of this post.

I checked my stats for Supernews and realized I was less than 2000GB a year, so this plan will save me $45 for the year. I'll have to remember to look for deals next Black Friday as well.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'm really loving NZBGet/Sonarr. There is one thing, though, that I think SAB would do that NZBGet is not. Maybe I'm wrong about SAB doing it.

I finally found a file that was failing completely for my unlimited servers, and it had to drop down to the next server to try. That's working wonderfully by the way and it thrills me.

But, the fill server that it found working has great coverage but poor speed compared to my primary that saturates my downstream. Ideally it should go ahead and begin the next download in queue since there is bandwidth/primary server not being used. I didn't find any settings related to this, but I could be missing something.

And it doesn't really make too much a difference.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I was never able to find a way to utilise all available bandwidth across multiple servers at a time. It's a bit of a pain.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Last couple of days I've been having a problem in Sabnzbd where its rejecting the NZB's that I'm sending to it using the sabnzbd Chrome extension (SABConnect++). I've got the API key setup properly for the plugin and when I test the connection its successful, but when I click the little "sab" icon in the nzbs.org results, Sabnzbd comes up with an error message saying "invalid NZB file Some.Show.S02E06.nzb, skipping (reason=syntax error, line=1). It has always worked and all of a sudden last few days I'm having this issue.

If I actually download the NZB file and Add it manually in Sabnzbd, it works fine and the download begins. Anyone know whats up with this?

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

visuvius posted:

Last couple of days I've been having a problem in Sabnzbd where its rejecting the NZB's that I'm sending to it using the sabnzbd Chrome extension (SABConnect++). I've got the API key setup properly for the plugin and when I test the connection its successful, but when I click the little "sab" icon in the nzbs.org results, Sabnzbd comes up with an error message saying "invalid NZB file Some.Show.S02E06.nzb, skipping (reason=syntax error, line=1). It has always worked and all of a sudden last few days I'm having this issue.

If I actually download the NZB file and Add it manually in Sabnzbd, it works fine and the download begins. Anyone know whats up with this?

Probably nzbs.org being buggy. Happens to me sometimes, lasts for an hour or two, but always goes away on its own.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Since I've been retooling my setup away from SAB with it's built in indexer, I've been thinking of adding an indexer or two. I have dog already, but I'm considering upgrading my unupgraded .su and NZBGeek accounts. It seems most of you have .org but for us plebes who do not anyone have any insight on what is available? Particularly Geek since it's apparently not based on newznab?

Fourteen
Aug 15, 2002

No, no, no you imbecile! That's not talc, that's paprika!

visuvius posted:

I've been getting this a lot, too. Very annoying...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
I've got to ask the worlds most dumbass question, I just started using Usenet and I'm using Thunderbird to go through the messages. When I set it up, it asked for an email address for people to reply to. I'm using Astraweb, do I need to use an email address they provide (like lordwindy@astranet.com) or do I just use a normal email address like an @gmail?