Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's winning this loving thing?
This poll is closed.
(W1) Seattle Sounders 31 22.63%
(W2) Los Angeles Galaxy 13 9.49%
(W3) Real Salt Lake 1 0.73%
(W4) FC Dallas 4 2.92%
(W5) Vancouver Whitecaps 4 2.92%
(E1) DC United 16 11.68%
(E2) New England Revolution 27 19.71%
(E3) Columbus Crew 11 8.03%
(E4) Red Bull New York 5 3.65%
(E5) Sporting Kansas City 0 0%
(C1) Calvinball 25 18.25%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Azira was dogshit and ruined so many good build ups for the Sounders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

dj_pain posted:

Well that bandwagon was fun. Thanks for having me :)

Come join the original bandwagon.

Thank god we won't have a final on turf. Galaxy gonna win their 5th!

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
So the LA Galaxy are going to beat the New England Revolution in the MLS Cup final just like the last time I was interested in the MLS. Cool.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

siriuslysomething posted:

So the LA Galaxy are going to beat the New England Revolution in the MLS Cup final just like the last time I was interested in the MLS. Cool.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
And for the new page:

gently caress Landon Donovan, may all of his shits be brown, watery, and painful

Jesus Christ why do the Sounders do this to me every year

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

camoseven posted:

Azira was dogshit and ruined so many good build ups for the Sounders

Not empty-quoting. Should've kept Pineda on for him and made the first sub Alonso (who was probably 80% at best) for Pappa.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

MechaFrogzilla posted:

And for the new page:

gently caress Landon Donovan, may all of his shits be brown, watery, and painful

All about that bass, no treble. Sorry Sounders.

It makes me so happy every year to knock you guys out of the post season.

Tigren fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 1, 2014

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

MechaFrogzilla posted:

And for the new page:

They are just waiting for me to move back in the spring. So you can blame me.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
But LA is the expensive flight :(

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

MechaFrogzilla posted:

And for the new page:

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
The Seattle Folders? :confused:

I actually rooted a bit for LAG there, don't know why. But I guess it was because Seattle didn't really play well against FCD, and it didn't seem like they really weren't anywhere near as good as advertised. Martins completely faded in that second half - was he even on the pitch? In the end though, LAG scrapes through, not that they looked exactly dominant.

A fun game to watch.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

I dislike this new playoffs scoring system. And not because we got booted as a result.

PS congratulations LA

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 1, 2014

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

MechaFrogzilla posted:

And for the new page:

Well, when you try to be all European about your football, you forget that American soccer has playoffs, and that they sort of matter.

Or some other pseudointellectual bullshit who cares ONE MORE GAME WOOOOOOOOOO

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Tigren posted:

All about that bass, no treble. Sorry Sounders.

It makes me so happy every year to knock you fucks out of the post season.

Go get stuck in an endless traffic jam.

Dear Revs: please score a million points and pants Donovan.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Now where can I buy tickets for the final? And how much will they cost?

I'm willing to make the day's drive to go.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Are you a Sounders fan that's upset about tonight's result? Then I recommend you call this number: 1-800-273-8255

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Going to pop in and say checking the twitter feed of sounder fans bitching about the away goal rule is a fun thing to do, congrats to LA and can't wait for the finals next week.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Going to pop in and say checking the twitter feed of sounder fans bitching about the away goal rule is a fun thing to do, congrats to LA and can't wait for the finals next week.

Is it going to be in LA?

And my FB feed is already melting down. I expect it to only get worse, once the booze starts flowing and people's fingers get warmed up enough to type onto their phones.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yep, since they were #2 on the SS standings

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
Plane tickets bought, smell you jerks in Los Angeles

God, I miss the neutral venues policy. Sick of LA hosting it, over and over.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Go New England Revolution!

:patriot:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Mike Toole posted:

God, I miss the neutral venues policy. Sick of LA hosting it, over and over.

Neutral site sucks, makes home field something of an advantage.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Qu Appelle posted:

Go New England Revolution!

:patriot:

All aboard the anti-Galaxy bandwagon! :toot: Go Revs!

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

Im happy cascadia is out again even if its the galaxy. GO REVS

SeaTard posted:

Neutral site sucks, makes home field something of an advantage.

home depot is not much and would be lucky to be full

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

A Cascadian team won't win an MLS cup in the next 10 years

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Go Revs, or whatever.

Pretty good game, anyway.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Super fun considering things were fine last round when they played Dallas.

Also, my emotions: :black101: :rock: :haw: :circlefap:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

The away goal system is what the rest of the world does, people bitching about it are dumb. Yes it bites you in the rear end sometimes, but it's effective.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Popero posted:

But LA is the expensive flight :(

For the love of god fly into Long Beach.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Being on both ends of the away goal rule I can say that it is a cruel thing to watch your team win a match and then have them lose the playoffs :/ Sorry FCD fans I understand your anger.

My only complaint is the Sigi logic leading to subbing in Rose & Azira rather than Pappa at 60 minutes

"gently caress down a goal B TEAM MIDFIELD ITS YUR TIEM TO SHINE"

Rose and Azira are okay if you let them play in place of Alonso/Pineda if you know one of the actual starters are in. If they are in together... uggh. Azira can defend ,but can't pass for poo poo and Rose can make late runs and win longballs in midfield ,but thats about it don't try to have him defend or pass.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Dec 1, 2014

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jack2142 posted:

Being on both ends of the away goal rule I can say that it is a cruel thing to watch your team win a match and then have them lose the playoffs :/ Sorry FCD fans I understand your anger.

My only complaint is the Sigi logic leading to subbing in Rose & Azira rather than Pappa at 60 minutes

"gently caress down a goal B TEAM MIDFIELD ITS YUR TIEM TO SHINE"

Rose and Azira are okay if you let them play in place of Alonso/Pineda if you know one of the actual starters are in. If they are in together... uggh. Azira can defend ,but can't pass for poo poo and Rose can make late runs and win longballs in midfield ,but thats about it don't try to have him defend or pass.

Yeah I'm not sure who these Sounders fans who are apparently in existence and have the memory of a goldfish are. I haven't seen any, but maybe my friends just aren't dumb.

In any case, I totally agree on the subs. Anibaba in particular was miserable. I think Pappa could have been a difference maker if Sigi had brought him in somewhere around '60; he just didn't have any time to establish himself.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Yeah I'm not sure who these Sounders fans who are apparently in existence and have the memory of a goldfish are. I haven't seen any, but maybe my friends just aren't dumb.

In any case, I totally agree on the subs. Anibaba in particular was miserable. I think Pappa could have been a difference maker if Sigi had brought him in somewhere around '60; he just didn't have any time to establish himself.

Sigi tends to sub too late in my opinion. It seems rare before the 60th and more likely the 70th. I would think first sub in the 50s, then the 60s, then the 70s. But my only claim to coaching knowledge is a few half-started games of Football Manager, so what do I know?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I also think most Sounders fans erroneously started to believe that Marco Pappa, while a good player, was some sort of LA kryptonite. That said, I always welcome Azira replacing Pineda or Alonso as the opposing team.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

I hope the Revs loving humiliate LA so we don't have to endure the endless tributes and circlejerks to fat landon's 'legacy'

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

I hope the Revs loving humiliate LA so we don't have to endure the endless tributes and circlejerks to fat landon's 'legacy'

:agreed: but also because the Revs are cool and LA is not.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Gigi Galli posted:

And because if Jay calls

Star Man posted:

this number: 1-800-273-8255

I have to recuse myself from answering it if I'm on duty.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
How much better is LGB than LAX for this trip? LAX is like $100 cheaper and one fewer layover.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Popero posted:

How much better is LGB than LAX for this trip? LAX is like $100 cheaper and one fewer layover.

...you could look it up just like you did the LAX prices?
personally, when I'm flying my employees into the LA area for pickups and stuff I always fly 'em into Long Beach. saves cash and it's way less bustle.

E: oh it looks like you did already check prices. you looked at JetBlue?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Gigi Galli posted:

You're wrong Terroni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Soulex posted:

You're wrong Terroni

I'm right and the singular term is terrone

Don't mis-regionalize me!!!!

• Locked thread