Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

BlitzBlast posted:

Looking at the manual, the Blue Frame D is literally something a kid would come up with.

no you see it's covered with swords because they all do different things

and they all combine together into one big sword that is also a gun incidentally this thing is practically CE 00Q

and it's not just a black aile striker it's a vouivre striker jeez

If you ignore the silly rear end sensor dragoons the head does look nicer now though.

It's beautiful. I wonder if you can take the head knives off. Dragoons are like funnels in SEED world right?

Edit: wait wait the head ones come off to help make the SWORD GUN? It's me, I'm the Astray guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I always think the Astrays have the Punisher symbol on their chest.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Looking at the manual, the Blue Frame D is literally something a kid would come up with.

Isn't that true of all the Astrays? Each one is one kid's attempt to one-up the others in the playground. "This one's got a katana!" "This one's got a giant sword that's also a flight pack and a gun!" "This one's flight pack is a giant sword, a bow, and a delta-triangle-thing!" "This one's gold and has the Blitz' combo-weapon and giant backpack hook-wings!" "This one's covered in knives and the knives are all Dragoons and they all do different things and it's got an Aile Striker but it's better than the Aile Striker!" "Well my dad works at Bandai and so mine's getting a Perfect Grade."

I don't think I'd mind so much if the basic frame weren't an over-detailed mess. I've panel-lined RGs in less time than it took to do the goddamn HG Blue Frame.

It's me, I hate fun. Also I woke up in a foul mood.

So as not just to bitch, I completed the Fenice Rinascita. It's a dream of a build. I think it pushes the X Maoh off the top-spot of "favourite HGBF kits".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Finally, my Unicorn HG and Geara Zulu HG arrived.

I am so ready for Sleeves Sticker Hell.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

There any trick to applying waterslides to a rounded surface like a zaku pauldron or is following standard waterslide procedure good enough?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

incidentally this thing is practically CE 00Q

You say CE 00Q. I say CE AGE-FX. At least 00Q was aesthetically pleasing to look at.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I'm sorry, that thing has knives mounted on its head. That is the most badical thing I've ever seen. I legitimately kind of want my own knife culture Gundam now.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Mecha Gojira posted:

I'm sorry, that thing has knives mounted on its head. That is the most badical thing I've ever seen. I legitimately kind of want my own knife culture Gundam now.

If a Gundam punches me in the head, the fight's on. If he pulls a Sword Dragoon, the fight's on.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Swagger Dagger posted:

If a Gundam punches me in the head, the fight's on. If he pulls a Sword Dragoon, the fight's on.

In my mind, I'm never gonna die in no colony. Absolutely never.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

BizarroAzrael posted:

That rules though

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Someone needs to photoshop that Astray into this:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Blue Frame D 00Q-FX Burst may have to be my next horrible kitbash. Gundam All the Swords, with such amazing potential poses as: "the T Pose" and "the T Pose but on a stand"

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I can only wonder why you would decide to upgrade your robot's sensory capabilities and then make those upgrades into detachable knives.

Or why you would make your stealth weapons bright orange in a universe where cloaking technology exists.

Or why you would make your main "swords" impossible to actually hold like a sword.

What's that?

It's to counter this thing's special sword pistols? it's literally a sword duck taped to a pistol

okay gundam seed astray

okay

EDIT: Reading up the thing's wiki entry, it looks like it's not actually that stupid (the sensor dragoons are just last resort weapons, the stealth dragoons actually do have mirage colloid) but it's still ridiculous. Also it turns out the second pilot of the Astray Noir (and one of the pilot figures) is a teenage girl who pilots naked.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 1, 2014

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

BlitzBlast posted:

Also it turns out the second pilot of the Astray Noir (and one of the pilot figures) is a teenage girl who pilots naked.

That sounds like a very easy pilot model to paint.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

BlitzBlast posted:

pilots naked.

Why?! What possible advantage does that offer? More convenient use of the toilet facilities during combat?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

quote:

Elsa has also developed the strange quirk of going into combat naked. She attributes this to her enhanced sensory capabilities as a combat coordinator. The closer she gets to full nudity the better she feels she can process data from her Mobile Suit. Despite being her creator, even Dante thinks this is very bizarre behavior, and he frequently recommends that she suit up before going into combat. Elsa attributes her behavior to poor planning on Dante's part.

Ever since Astray hit Destiny era it's been impossible to tell if it's ridiculously stupid or straight up parody.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

BlitzBlast posted:

Ever since Astray hit Destiny era it's been impossible to tell if it's ridiculously stupid or straight up parody.

Well it makes about as much sense as dissolving a giant giant robot by saying nope or stopping an alien race with a giant flower projection.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

BlitzBlast posted:

"Put some drat clothes on before you get in the robot" "You made me this way" Astray owns. I love the sword pistols because they're so perfectly dumb. Someone went "I want swords on guns" and then some idiot worked out placing them so the handle on the gun is almost in the right position for where the sword handle would be and everyone in the office thought it was brilliant. Maybe it took so long they didn't have time to design the pilot suit for the lady and someone really wanted to get home in time for dinner so they suggested she just flies nude and that was good enough.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Luminaflare posted:

More convenient use of the toilet facilities during combat?

Have you not been watching Reconguista?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

So I'm making my gunpla shelf into something of a diorama. My plan is to have MG RX-78-2 vs MG Zaku II and HG Unicorn vs HG Sinanju.

For the other matchup, which should I have? I want the other ones to be HGs, to make MSG ones look more dramatic in the middle.

I considered Nu vs Sazabi, but you guys warned me off HG Sazabi.

(e): In fact, how are the Turn A and Turn X HGs?

(second e): WHAT THE HELL THERE'S NO TURN X HG?

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 1, 2014

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

So I'm making my gunpla shelf into something of a diorama. My plan is to have MG RX-78-2 vs MG Zaku II and HG Unicorn vs HG Sinanju.

For the other matchup, which should I have? I want the other ones to be HGs, to make MSG ones look more dramatic in the middle.

SD Knight Gundam vs Bearguy III.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Star Build Strike vs Dark Matter Exia

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Swagger Dagger posted:

Star Build Strike vs Dark Matter Exia Wing Gundam Fenice.

:colbert:

Zodar
May 21, 2007

The HGUC Sazabi is just fine outside of those awful leg connections, and that's nothing a little Future can't fix. Don't be dissuaded from that kit if you like the design.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I've heaped shitloads of Future on those hip joints and it's never worked. You basically need straight up magnets, dried superglue, or teflon tape to make those drat things stay on.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cherudim versus Arche? 00 S2 wasn't great, but the kits are solid by all reports, and there's something special about gun-kata versus laser-foot breakdancing.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

ActionZero posted:

Have you not been watching Reconguista?

Only seen the first few episodes, I'm waiting until it's finished to watch it. However the preview with that is what inspired that statement.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Cherudim versus Arche? 00 S2 wasn't great, but the kits are solid by all reports, and there's something special about gun-kata versus laser-foot breakdancing.

Well, 00 S2 has given me the idea of doing 00 Raiser vs Reborns. Both are cool as hell suits anyway, and I've heard nothing but good things about their respective kits. Hell, I've seen people in this thread saying HG 00 Raiser is the best build they've done.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I had my Reborns fight a 00raiser for ages, It looked pretty drat cool.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Hell, I've seen people in this thread saying HG 00 Raiser is the best build they've done.

It comes with a free stand but you really need an action base. The small stand is best for the raiser not for action shots with the 00.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

It comes with a free stand but you really need an action base. The small stand is best for the raiser not for action shots with the 00.

Sweet. I wanna get action bases for the Unicorn and Sinanju too, so I might as well pick up a pair for the Reborns and 00 too.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Mordja posted:

In my mind, I'm never gonna die in no colony. Absolutely never.

But are you familiar with the Mexican Saca Tripas?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

All right guys.

I want something big and dumb for Christmas. I haven't done a pg in about ten years. So far I've whittled it down to:

PG Strike (or Rouge, getting the pack either way)

PG MK II

PG GP-01

PG Unicorn

Give me your thoughts. Should I even risk getting the PG unicorn giving that the multitude of problems that could arise?

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Can anyone give me some words about the quality of the HG Age Farsia? Here. Dalong doesn't do Age reviews, apparently.

I don't know poo poo about Age, but it seems like it would look okay getting trashed by my Miss Sazabi or something. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monaghan posted:

All right guys.

I want something big and dumb for Christmas. I haven't done a pg in about ten years. So far I've whittled it down to:

PG MK II

PG GP-01

PG Unicorn

Give me your thoughts. Should I even risk getting the PG unicorn giving that the multitude of problems that could arise?

I own both PG Strike and GP-01, and I would suggest to go with the strike. GP-01 and Mk.II are both good kits as well, but Strike is almost in another league of its own. As for Unicorn, that's really something you would be better off waiting for reviews on unless you're really deadset on having that monster in your collection.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Zwingley posted:

Can anyone give me some words about the quality of the HG Age Farsia? Here. Dalong doesn't do Age reviews, apparently.

I don't know poo poo about Age, but it seems like it would look okay getting trashed by my Miss Sazabi or something. :v:

It is on Dalong, but AGE is in it's own category.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Well now I've got egg on my face. :shobon: Thanks much, though.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Monaghan posted:

All right guys.

PG MK II

PG GP-01

PG Unicorn

Get the Unicorn. Be the sacrifice.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Monaghan posted:

All right guys.

PG MK II

PG GP-01

PG Unicorn

Of course the one time "buy a Neo Zeong" makes sense as purchasing advice happens while Dickeye is probated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Monaghan posted:

All right guys.

PG MK II

PG GP-01

PG Unicorn

Get the Unicorn and warn the rest of us.