Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
I blame Grimrak for loving squealing and taking the Space DA's deal. If only we had gotten to the bottom of things before we brought the beef to the table, this could've blown over and we would have been fine. But no, now we're facing a Space RICO.

We'll never bro-walk as free bros again. Thanks, Grimrak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

FrostyJones posted:

I blame Grimrak for loving squealing and taking the Space DA's deal. If only we had gotten to the bottom of things before we brought the beef to the table, this could've blown over and we would have been fine. But no, now we're facing a Space RICO.

We'll never bro-walk as free bros again. Thanks, Grimrak.

Eat poo poo nerds, I'm spacerich now.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
It was fun while it lasted!

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

guys why cant i login to sto? i sent in a ticket and they said something about "troll gate"

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

AcidCouch posted:

Well Kids it is official WE ARE GETTING BANNED.

If this was anything other than STO I wouldn't believe it. Post pics so I can applaud you for being so against ERP that the devs decided to ban you for being anti-ERP.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Well, it's official:

:saddowns:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The discoball that shines brightest shines half as long.

Ladies and gentlesgoons, it has been an honour. the can take our accounts but they can never take our FOOOOOSH

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Now that I caught up with the thread, I can see why I can't log into my Fed anymore.

This sucks :(

Edit: Trying to submit a ticket but it doesn't seem to be working.

JayKay fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 1, 2014

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

SugarAddict posted:

Post pics so I can applaud you for being so against ERP that the devs decided to ban you for being anti-ERP.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Did anyone manage to transfer the Dental Assets (you know the ones I mean) to a non-Dental character before it happened?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Did anyone manage to transfer the Dental Assets (you know the ones I mean) to a non-Dental character before it happened?

It's been settled, details are forthcoming.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

:golfclap:
Have you petitioned it yet to see what the response is?

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
loving great, Ive been telling you guys for years that youre literally picking on retarded children and now were all loving out.

Maybe you did us a favor (an expensive one)

Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.
I don't think I am going to be able to live with the restrictions placed upon us. Thanks for the fun times.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Just got level 5 rep with all the factions and you fuckers get me banned. :cripes:

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
I don't see why you are all complaining, the leaks page clearly states who you need to contact to get your account unbanned and flagged for future protection. It's not like being banned has ever stopped us before. Or does no one remember the great ban wave that came down when branflakes was still community manager?

As for the restrictions and regulations we have to follow, just stick to them for a month or two. We'll be under a microscope for a while, but we just need to keep clean long enough for PWE to get bored and gently caress off to some other group of players that'll make the pubbies think of us as saints (And as it happens, we're already putting that one in motion. Check the wiki for the details.)

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Technical Analysis posted:

I don't see why you are all complaining, the leaks page clearly states who you need to contact to get your account unbanned and flagged for future protection. It's not like being banned has ever stopped us before. Or does no one remember the great ban wave that came down when branflakes was still community manager?

As for the restrictions and regulations we have to follow, just stick to them for a month or two. We'll be under a microscope for a while, but we just need to keep clean long enough for PWE to get bored and gently caress off to some other group of players that'll make the pubbies think of us as saints (And as it happens, we're already putting that one in motion. Check the wiki for the details.)

Yeah, seriously. It's pretty straight-forward, if a bit time-consuming. I've been trying to get PWE's business for my insurance gig and while they haven't switched yet, their CFO and Treasurer both think Dental is hilarious. I was talking to them before Thanksgiving last week and they said they wanted to reward Dental for being so helpful to the STO community. I dropped a hint for disco in sector space. Ships forced to stop going wherever it is their going and dance would be very funny.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

MoraleHazard posted:

Yeah, seriously. It's pretty straight-forward, if a bit time-consuming. I've been trying to get PWE's business for my insurance gig and while they haven't switched yet, their CFO and Treasurer both think Dental is hilarious. I was talking to them before Thanksgiving last week and they said they wanted to reward Dental for being so helpful to the STO community. I dropped a hint for disco in sector space. Ships forced to stop going wherever it is their going and dance would be very funny.
I hope the next anniversary present is a space party popper. The masses of ships parked outside ESD desperately need something to do.

Also, if I have to redo all my layouts/tray powers once I get my account unbanned, I'm going to be pissed.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Lol I'm already unbanned

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Hey guys, I haven't checked on the thread for a bit, but I was going to doff and marks run this morning and I was banned. Anyone else seeing this?

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
Ran into a strange issue while getting my account reinstated. I'm not sure if there was some specific problem with my account or if it's something to do with how they're doing the bans/restores, but it looks like my characters got rolled back a few hours. I didn't lose much but the GM I talked to insisted he'd 'make it up to me'.

Just fair warning, you might want to double check your characters after getting your account back. I posted a chatlog of my conversation with the GM on the wiki so you know who to contact and what to ask for.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Literally half of the bugships in three of my characters' banks are missing, they'd better sort this out quickly.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

g0del posted:

I hope the next anniversary present is a space party popper. The masses of ships parked outside ESD desperately need something to do.

Also, if I have to redo all my layouts/tray powers once I get my account unbanned, I'm going to be pissed.

Bad news. I had to redo all my trays after getting unbanned and it still hasn't stuck. I don't know what's going on but the loadouts thing isn't working and the trays keep messing up every time I change zones.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
I had no problems on my end - got unbanned an hour ago, and am already up and running again.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Atrayonis posted:

I had no problems on my end - got unbanned an hour ago, and am already up and running again.

:argh:

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
I thought we had already documented how to fix the forgetful tray problem, but I'm not seeing it on the wiki.

I'll add that information when I get home from work and log into my elevated account, so I can grab the right screenshots. The tools are confusing enough as it is.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Oh man, That sucks. I am going to check all my poo poo if they manage to unban me again. :(

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
Update: I just talked to the GM again. Most of my characters were cycling contra, so I worked out how much dil it would've added up to and he credited me with that amount of refined dilithium. I lost a couple of C-store purchases, but decided I'd rather have the zen back, so he gave me a refund for them plus some extra zen for my trouble, I think it was 2500 or so but I don't keep close track of my zen.

Not like I really have much use for the extra zen at this point, but there's not really much else they can offer me and I appreciate the effort. I guess I can turn it into more master keys.

I also mentioned that some other people were having similar issues and he said that 'supervisors' were looking into it, so if you find your unbanned account to be missing poo poo definitely contact them and they'll sort you out.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
So I logged in this morning to do my R&D and rep turn ins, dropped some disco balls and logged out. This is what greeted me when I tried to log in a few minutes ago:

What the hell?

*nvm I read the previous posts and the unban procedure.

Ban was reversed, missing a few items but nothing major, just a few JHAS packs and a Wells.

faxmachine fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 1, 2014

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Some of my alts got rolled back, but the times were kinda staggered.

Ended up getting a stack of keys duped, since I offloaded it to my non-dental account just before the ban, and then that guy got rolled back to before he transferred them. :bubblewoop: I think I won't bug the GMs about it.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Got the ban message logging in this morning, but already went through the unban procedures and seem to be good to go.

I had prepared a long goodbye speech last night, but I'll go ahead and save it for when our nine lives are finally up.

Edit: Definitely missing items I've been storing in my inbox...couple galors and modules...who do I contact to get them back?

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 1, 2014

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

DonDoodles posted:

Edit: Definitely missing items I've been storing in my inbox...couple galors and modules...who do I contact to get them back?
My account was rolled back to before Delta Rising or something, what the gently caress Cryptic. :ughh: Not looking forward to redoing all those specialization levels. Guess it's better than being banned though.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I better get those tabs of Xindi Carriers back, Cryptic :argh:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Oh man I just checked and I lost my steam runner and it says I need to buy it again. :(

I hope this this ticket works cause man an impulse steam purchase is biting me in the rear end :ohdear:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Asimo posted:

My account was rolled back to before Delta Rising or something, what the gently caress Cryptic. :ughh: Not looking forward to redoing all those specialization levels. Guess it's better than being banned though.

I still got some of those free spec point consumables we got at DR launch. I'll send you some of my extras once I get back on.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Can someone give me the summary of all of this because lol at the poo poo happening right now

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Widestancer posted:

Can someone give me the summary of all of this because lol at the poo poo happening right now

Our chickens are coming home to roost.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This entire thing has my Seal Of Approval and it is really good and funny. Good job guys.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Widestancer posted:

It's about ethics in videogame journalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Tunicate posted:

It's about ethics in videogame journalism.

They sure dodged a bullet on that one.

• Locked thread