Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The pubbies in this game are now my sworn enemy. Their ethical inflexibility will be their downfall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

It's about ethics in videogame journalism.
Joke's on you. There is no videogame journalism, just thinly*-veiled advertisements for games.

*Or not so thinly-veiled, in some cases.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

Widestancer posted:

Can someone give me the summary of all of this because lol at the poo poo happening right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scTqpfL9WMA

Montage of Goons being loaded up to go to Space No-Lunch Supermax

Grimrak sits at the table with piles of space cash and space drugs with a space gun in his hand.
He puts the gun to his head.

Fade to Reaper.

FrostyJones fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 1, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
He's going to get 'naded in Payday so loving hard now.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
How interesting, after being unbanned I seem to have actually gained several Galors and an apology mail from a GM.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oh, cool, they took my suggestion. The winter carrier's going to be T6 instead of T5u. Seems like they'll be giving the upgraded version to everyone (CBS rules or something), but more traits on my klankroms is always great.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Acer Pilot posted:

Lol I'm already unbanned

Same here, even after all my ticket problems. I wonder if being a lifetime sub helped at all.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Going home to check! I am super worried! Also how long before we can neg on the GMs again?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Axe-man posted:

Going home to check! I am super worried! Also how long before we can neg on the GMs again?
You should probably wait til Thursday at least, let the winter event distract some of the pubs.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Okay so seriously though, I logged on and I don't think I'm in Starfleet Dental anymore? I also wasn't banned that I know of. It's been easily 2-3 years since I've played and am literally starting a new guy just to remember the ropes again.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Widestancer posted:

The pubbies in this game are now my sworn enemy. Their ethical inflexibility will be their downfall.

STO pubbies are not like other pubbies...

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

dialhforhero posted:

Okay so seriously though, I logged on and I don't think I'm in Starfleet Dental anymore? I also wasn't banned that I know of. It's been easily 2-3 years since I've played and am literally starting a new guy just to remember the ropes again.

they only banned you if you were in dental or nop. check the wiki to see how to get unbanned (if you do get banned for joining dental).

Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.
All seven of my contra alts are gone. That's like 56,000 dil a day I'm out. gently caress these guys. No answer to my tickets. They better fix this poo poo.

Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.
Got 200,000 dil as an apology. Chars restored.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Huh, I guess I got unbanned without doing anything? I'm actually not sure I was banned in the first place, I didn't check until just now, but for some reason I have an extra 2500z and a GM apology in my inbox. :shrug:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The zen's the annual christmas bonus, actually.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Acer Pilot posted:

they only banned you if you were in dental or nop. check the wiki to see how to get unbanned (if you do get banned for joining dental).

I have (had) a Romulan and Klingon who was in the corp too, but maybe you guys did a pruning of the membership in my 2-3 year absence so I guess I got spared.

In any case, if I want to read up on things/play this game ab it and poo poo how do I get myself fixed up this go around?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Acer Pilot posted:

I got banned for posting in the thread :(

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Getting unbanned was simple, but holy gently caress was it a pain in the rear end getting all my stuff back.

At least I ended up with a couple of the bugships I had sold back in my account bank.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

dialhforhero posted:

I have (had) a Romulan and Klingon who was in the corp too, but maybe you guys did a pruning of the membership in my 2-3 year absence so I guess I got spared.

In any case, if I want to read up on things/play this game ab it and poo poo how do I get myself fixed up this go around?

Post your @handle, we'll get you invited to everything.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I just logged in and no ban. I did have an apology /tell (posted the screenshot to the wiki) from a GM so I guess all of you getting unbanned already sorted this poo poo out for some of us.

I was scared for a bit but man am I glad.

Edit: I appear to have lost a bit of dil about all this. Wonder if I should even bother complaining?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
So for those of us who managed to get unbanned there is some exciting news about the chef this year: https://twitter.com/PWECaptainSmirk/status/539561872463110144

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

They sure didn't make getting unbanned easy but the thank you mail/reward for doing so was nice. Good to see they didn't take this lightly.

Employee 2-4601
Aug 31, 2001

What the gently caress do you want, acid?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Space acid that I can throw on people and make them hallucinate. That would be great.

HouseMD
Nov 29, 2014
Yoooooo

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Korgan posted:

Post your @handle, we'll get you invited to everything.

My Klingon is still in NoP. My Fed/Romulan aren't in anything though.

@Andupor

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Ok i followed the instructions in the wiki to get unbanned and the guy i talked to said they probably wouldnt be giving any compensation but when i logged in, every one of my toons had an additional 8k unrefined dil on it.

I can't complain!

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Aleth posted:

So for those of us who managed to get unbanned there is some exciting news about the chef this year: https://twitter.com/PWECaptainSmirk/status/539561872463110144

No. No God Damnit. Say goodbye to your classic Christmas foods everyone. So long roasted chestnuts, hello roasted Talaxian fleas.

HouseMD
Nov 29, 2014
HouseMD - registered for the wiki so I can get my gay rear end ship fixed

Naxos
Apr 26, 2008
Hey, can I get wiki access, registered as valtias.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

HouseMD posted:

HouseMD - registered for the wiki so I can get my gay rear end ship fixed

Naxos posted:

Hey, can I get wiki access, registered as valtias.

Done and done.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Anybody remember crazy rear end skybuck?

I guess he was in doffjobs today ranting that cryptic are criminals and inviting lawyers to sue them, because they keep banning his new accounts.

He made a long video about it which is hard to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TgW9QX-cR0

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Korgan posted:

Done and done.

Wat. Isn't his regdate 2 days ago?

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Its not a re-reg either, unless they clear bans and post history now.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

system protocol posted:

Sponsoring this pubbie. He is IRL BFF. Sponsor is @sonicshower.

It's cool guys.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

hakimashou posted:

Anybody remember crazy rear end skybuck?

I guess he was in doffjobs today ranting that cryptic are criminals and inviting lawyers to sue them, because they keep banning his new accounts.

He made a long video about it which is hard to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TgW9QX-cR0

Gee. Do you think it might have had something to do with him trying to sell the nude hacks and others in Zone chat?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
No, no, no, it's clearly PWE being CRIMINALS! :argh:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Gee. Do you think it might have had something to do with him trying to sell the nude hacks and others in Zone chat?

I guess he said that he wasn't a lawyer, but if any lawyers were reading, they had his permission to sue cryptic for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Does anyone remember when Oldkhemaraa threatened to hang out in front of UC Berkeley law school until he could find a law student that would help him sue us (and cryptic)? Over disrupting Grom's show.

• Locked thread