Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
My kickstarter for Legacy: Life Among the Ruins is in its last week. We're reasonably likely to fund but it's not looking certain, so any help you're willing to give would be appreciated! If you're interested in an AW hack that does cool things with your character's history, culture and legacy, check it out. I can promise wholly original non-traced art, if it helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Flavivirus posted:

My kickstarter for Legacy: Life Among the Ruins is in its last week. We're reasonably likely to fund but it's not looking certain, so any help you're willing to give would be appreciated! If you're interested in an AW hack that does cool things with your character's history, culture and legacy, check it out. I can promise wholly original non-traced art, if it helps.

Sure, gently caress the curve for everyone else.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

homerlaw posted:

That's just literally wild wild west

Hopefully with less racism.

Hopefully. :(

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Hopefully with less racism.

Hopefully. :(

I promise it will be filled to the brim with Asian Stereotypes.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Horror on the Orient Express just showed up.

:stare: All 17.5 lbs of it. I feel like this was completely worth the wait, the extra props and promo stuff feel really high-quality, and there's a lot more stuff than I remembered. The only thing I'd consider "average" is that the T-shirt looks like something you'd get at your company picnic, but it was totally free so who cares.

The box and graphic design also look absolutely oldschool Chaosium . I don't know what vault they pulled that aesthetic out of, but it sent part of my brain to a happy place twenty years in the past.

Toystorian
Nov 10, 2014
UNPAINTED CUSTOM DICE

FINAL 48 HOURS

We will engrave whatever images you supply on 16mm dice.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/toystorian/unpainted-custom-dice

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Haaaaaaa.

Far West is up on RPGNow!

As a PDF preorder.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Plague of Hats posted:

Haaaaaaa.

Far West is up on RPGNow!

As a PDF preorder.

The comments are great because people are pointing out the whole KS debacle in the comments and GMS is responding.

Matthäus C posted:

Do NOT pre-order this. Under no circumstances.

The book is several years late, Rick Hershey (the artist who isn't the author) has left the project before stretch-goals including his art could be created and the author/developer has several open and unfulfilled games still in the pipeline. If you ever read about the "Team Up" disaster, this is the company responsible for it.

GMS posted:

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion -- and I agree that interested consumers should inform themselves: to that end, I strongly recommend checking out the publicly-available updates page for the Kickstarter project, which is currently featuring daily progress updates towards the delivery to the backers in mid-December: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/Adamant/far-west-western-wuxia-mashup-adventure-game/posts

Mitch W posted:

"You are absolutely entitled to your opinion"

I sent you money for one of your pre-orders over 3 years ago and still do not have anything to show for it. So, here is my opinion... I also advise anyone thinking of sending you money for nothing but a promise to consider it carefully.

GMS posted:

They absolutely should consider it carefully, which is why I recommended in the comments below that they follow the daily updates which are posted here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/Adamant/far-west-western-wuxia-mashup-adventure-game/posts

In your case, our records indicate that you are a pre-order customer for Buckaroo Banzai -- a situation where our hands have been tied by the licensor's delays, as has been explained to everyone who pre-ordered. I'm personally not happy with that situation either, but I have no control over their end of the process.

Twitter meltdown in 3...2...

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

"What's that? Let me volunteer that I'm years late on another project. That will shut up your complaints and draw in new customers. Ho ho, we do have fun!"

He's also palling around in the Kicksnarker thread.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I can't see his posts (I blocked him ages ago) but it's pretty annoying that everyone's all "oh, well I guess we're all good now!" in those threads.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

moths posted:

Horror on the Orient Express just showed up.

Can you post pics? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Plague of Hats posted:

"What's that? Let me volunteer that I'm years late on another project. That will shut up your complaints and draw in new customers. Ho ho, we do have fun!"

There are no "customers."

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Can you post pics? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Sure! I'm dating myself here, but this all reminds me of the stuff packaged with the old Infocom games. (I loved the stuff packaged with Infocom games.)

First, there's a list of what's in the box. This is what everybody will get, but one prop/handout wasn't a final production version. (It says they'll mail it later.)

And that's what that all looks like! The color map folds out into a poster, the thick card maps fold out into train car maps that you could comfortably fit miniatures or tokens on. The Oriental Express matchbook is full of toothpicks because it's a bad idea to mail matches. The envelope has some luggage stickers and postcards. Six of the books are game books, and the seventh is an awesome player handout: It's a replica guidebook that describes locations in adventure.
Cat appears for scale only, not included in box.

And this is extra stuff that KS backers get - there's a t-shirt, a bunch of prop passports and travel papers from various nations, a collector's coin, two boarding passes, and a patch for your motorcycle jacket.

moths fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 29, 2014

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Disappointed the cat does not come with the package.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Neat! I never looked into that KS, but was always curious if it was meant to be 'just' a reprint of the original or if they were adding bits. I think I remember a few prop passports being included with the original, and there was one of those old-fashioned luggage stickers, but the matchbox and the rest of the backer swag looks new. Glad to see it turned out so nicely.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Plague of Hats posted:

He's also palling around in the Kicksnarker thread.

the thread on rpg.net or somewhere else?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It can't be RPGnet because he's banned from there.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kicksnarker is a G+ community where people make fun of terrible kickstarters.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Thanks! That does look pretty great.

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012

neongrey posted:

Disappointed the cat does not come with the package.

Closest I've seen to a cat coming with the package is the boxed set I received of Call of Cattulhu. That one had some issues with the fulfillment people. I got my set but last I heard there were still some in limbo and the project creator was looking at another fulfiller.

But those aren't really cats, just wooden cut-outs.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Kings of War 2nd Edition is down to the final day, all of the mega armies bar the Abyssal Dwarves have new etras thrown in (and they'll get one or two today), the new Abyssal army all in hard plastic has funded, the Forces of Nature army has halfway funded, and there's a bunch of add ons like Elf/Basilean/Abyssal Dwarf lords riding dragons, 4Ground buildings, Basius pads and Secret Weapon tablescapes. Even without the add ons the mega army + hardback and softback and dual basic army + hardback and softback rules packs are still plenty worth it and offer huge numbers and points of minis for just $150

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 1, 2014

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Kings of War 2nd Edition is down to the final day, all of the mega armies bar the Abyssal Dwarves have new etras thrown in (and they'll get one or two today), the new Abyssal army all in hard plastic has funded, the Forces of Nature army has halfway funded, and there's a bunch of add ons like Elf/Basilean/Abyssal Dwarf lords riding dragons, 4Ground buildings, Basius pads and Secret Weapon tablescapes. Even without the add ons the mega army + hardback and softback and dual basic army + hardback and softback rules packs are still plenty worth it and offer huge numbers and points of minis for just $150

I jumped in on this for $1; like I did with Dungeon Saga, I figure I'll wait until the survey comes out and I can plan my finances accordingly. :)

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Kings of War is so tempting, $150 is such a great deal, but then I remind myself I don't ever get to paint or play with all the minis I already have.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Rulebook Heavily posted:

There are no Native Americans in Far West because Skarka thought they would be too hard to write without offending people.

He's totally fine with Asian people clichés, though.

Isn't Far West America Spaghetti Western/Japanese Samuria/Hong Kong Wuxia film? Shouldn't be just like a perfect racial melting pot cast wise? I mean you can do things like Ainu stand in to sort of make a point about Imperialism and not run into crying little native American garbage too.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
That presumes that GMS knows anything at all about the Ainu, East Asia or imperialism.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Went in for a buck on KoW 2e. I'll figure out what I'm actually getting later, when I have more money available. Thinking Abyssals, maybe a second army too so I can demo the game.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Level 99 Games' Pixel Tactics Deluxe is up on Kickstarter. I like the game, but recognize that it's pretty light (in that due to the vast number of characters available, balance is pretty much nonexistent). One of the variants lets you draft dudes instead of just topdecking them, which I think makes it a better game. Really I just wanted a box to house the game and its expansions.

What's weird is that they're charging $7 for US shipping, which is something I've never actually seen before. I'm not sure why they didn't just fold that into the price or offer free shipping or whatever, so that kind stuck out to me.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

GrandpaPants posted:

Level 99 Games' Pixel Tactics Deluxe is up on Kickstarter. I like the game, but recognize that it's pretty light (in that due to the vast number of characters available, balance is pretty much nonexistent). One of the variants lets you draft dudes instead of just topdecking them, which I think makes it a better game. Really I just wanted a box to house the game and its expansions.

What's weird is that they're charging $7 for US shipping, which is something I've never actually seen before. I'm not sure why they didn't just fold that into the price or offer free shipping or whatever, so that kind stuck out to me.

Welp, the only thing that stopped me from backing this instantly was being afraid that they'll have a BattleCON kickstarter soon which will require all my money, but I asked David and he said it'll be almost a year before that'll happen so I'm ALL IN! And shipping Everything is another $50 but I'm insane! Also I especially saved money by not backing/buying anything for some months, so yeah.

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:
Viceroy is getting printed in the US by Mayday. The game is going to MSRP at $35 but you can get it for $22 (+$5 shipping) if you hop on board now.

Also I'm glad they put in shipping options when you back now. I was in the coconuts Duo kickstarter and I had to pledge higher than the reward level to factor what I wanted and those who didn't read it had to pay the additional amount after it ended.

ThaShaneTrain fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 1, 2014

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

ThaShaneTrain posted:

Viceroy is getting printed in the US by Mayday. The game is going to MSRP at $35 but you can get it for $22 (+$5 shipping) if you hop on board now.

Also I'm glad they put in shipping options when you back now. I was in the coconuts Duo kickstarter and I had to pledge higher than the reward level to factor what I wanted and those who didn't read it had to pay the additional amount after it ended.

Uh, why is every tier limited? This just screams "preorder store."

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

GrandpaPants posted:

Uh, why is every tier limited? This just screams "preorder store."

I think they're going for a timed exclusive type thing. Like right now the basic level gets you a limited edition sticker on your box. So I assume the next 500 copies or whatever won't have that.

Or they're doing more expensive tiers once the basic tier sells out. Which I hope they're not doing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Spincut posted:

I think they're going for a timed exclusive type thing. Like right now the basic level gets you a limited edition sticker on your box. So I assume the next 500 copies or whatever won't have that.

Yeah, given they have $30k and $45k stretch goals but the entire list value of the existing tiers is just over $21k I think they must have non-EB levels coming.

E:

quote:

Creator Seth Hiatt about 2 hours ago

@Mike and Andrew, ohhh... yes you are totally right, how very Mathy of you! Don't worry though, it will be ok. Let me explain. So the first 1,000 backers are going to be getting the special limited-edition hand-numbered sticker of "Round 1 Backers" on Kickstarter. We will open up more rewards if/when these sell out, but for now we want to be sure the FIRST 1,000 get that nice extra so we have only 500 single-copy rewards + 100 Double copy rewards (another 200 copies there) and just 60 of the 5-pack rewards (so another 300 copies there). Total is 500 + 200 + 300 = 1,000 of these. Don't worry, we will have enough copies to reach some good stretch goals, we are just opening the rewards up one level at a time so you initial backers are in the first wave. I hope that makes sense?

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

GrandpaPants posted:

All of the tiers I saw say "shipping included." Where are you seeing the $7 surcharge thing?

Also God drat I want this.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Zurui posted:

All of the tiers I saw say "shipping included." Where are you seeing the $7 surcharge thing?

Also God drat I want this.

I don't see any tiers with shipping included, except that the $5 promo pack one says that it mostly covers shipping. I saw the $7 when I actually made my pledge.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Okay, that's weird. It says "ships anywhere in the world" underneath each pledge level. It's especially odd that they don't mention in the description, unless I missed that too.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Oh my god, a sticker? No way!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Zurui posted:

Okay, that's weird. It says "ships anywhere in the world" underneath each pledge level. It's especially odd that they don't mention in the description, unless I missed that too.

That means that it ships anywhere in the world, as opposed to, say, US only. It doesn't mean it's free.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kickstarter only just very recently made it possible for a project to have tiers that don't include shipping and then base a shipping charge on the location of the backer when they make their pledge.

This is going to become the new norm, but it will probably take kickstarter pledgers a while to get used to it.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
It was a nasty surprise when I ran into my first 'hidden' shipping KS. Given the cost of international shipping, it'd be nice if project managers tossed a rough guess at costs into their FAQs or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I think a lot of them are still feeling burned after USPS raised their rates drastically a year or two ago. I know several TG Kickstarters were hit pretty hard, since the prices they'd been quoted were no longer good by the time it came to ship. It'd be nice if they gave an estimate, but they'd have to make it very clear that the price could change, or someone would complain after rates went up.

• Locked thread