Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
TBC and Vanilla are separate servers on Feenix. Everyone plays on Emerald Dream, not Archangel, hence the thread title.

P.S. Tanners:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=105341

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Mooktastical posted:

P.S. Tanners:

:rip:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Mooktastical posted:

TBC and Vanilla are separate servers on Feenix. Everyone plays on Emerald Dream, not Archangel, hence the thread title.

P.S. Tanners:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=105341

Not bad for a 11 year old account eh?

Try not to prejudge too harshly.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Actually they're just joshing, max progression for <lets get weird> is scholomance. We have trouble with that lich guy.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

SHISHKABOB posted:

Actually they're just joshing, max progression for <lets get weird> is scholomance. We have trouble with that lich guy.

I beat the lich guy once.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
:eyepop:

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Not bad for a 11 year old account eh?

Try not to prejudge too harshly.

They tend to go sour around year 8.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
If I have never played WoW and never plan to actually pay money to do so is this private server a good choice for me?

Bonus points if I will have horribly confused but somewhat hilarious misconceptions about the game based on my experience with this server. I am mostly curious because some people I work with play and I want to understand their moonspeak about it.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

laplace posted:

If I have never played WoW and never plan to actually pay money to do so is this private server a good choice for me?

Bonus points if I will have horribly confused but somewhat hilarious misconceptions about the game based on my experience with this server. I am mostly curious because some people I work with play and I want to understand their moonspeak about it.

It's a good choice. I used to play WoW on retail (the official one), a while back, and this server gets it pretty well, I just never played that particular timeframe.
As far as jargon goes, you'll pick it up as you go. A lot of the moonspeak is dungeon names and the like (DM East/West/North/Trib for example, or Scholo etc), so just ask around in guild chat or whatever. Other jargon is either general game stuff (DPS, tank, buff and so on), and overall you can just ask or google stuff if it's incomprehensible.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft_terminology

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Dang, I feel like I haven't logged on in forever. I'll be back from Thanksgiving late this evening.

I'm assuming we are running a :siren: MEGA RAID SPEED RUN :siren: tomorrow for MC / BWL :siren:

In which case, it might be a good idea to log on today and farm up some consumables.

Last time we did this, it went very well. We finished both raids at something like 11:15 PM.

Also I will run a DM trib tomorrow at 6 PM or so before raid.

lapse fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 30, 2014

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

lapse posted:

Dang, I feel like I haven't logged on in forever. I'll be back from Thanksgiving late this evening.

I'm assuming we are running a :siren: MEGA RAID SPEED RUN :siren: tomorrow for MC / BWL :siren:

In which case, it might be a good idea to log on today and farm up some consumables.

Last time we did this, it went very well. We finished both raids at something like 11:15 PM.

Also I will run a DM trib tomorrow at 6 PM or so before raid.

Yup, MEGARAID Monday! We did get Ony out of the way so we will have a head for BWL and then one for MC.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I just got a "warning" on the forum website. This guild is officially sucky.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

SHISHKABOB posted:

Shishkabob have you been drinking again

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

SHISHKABOB posted:

At midnight? You probably warned and/or reported your own post lol.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

DrSeRRoD posted:

It was temporarily moved to http://www.feenixserver.com/

Aaaaand it's now back to http://www.wow-one.com/forum/

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Neato, took the quote out of the OP.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

TY Glyph Santa.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

:siren: Mega-raid starting up soon, be at the ZG island at 7:30 (40 minutes)

Clearing BWL and then MC afterwards.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
I can't decide on a class to play so I just keep creating characters. I have a warlock, hunter, priest all level 20. I just made a mage because I don't know what I want and this is always my problem....I don't really know what this post is about but I just wanted you all to know there's people out there out struggle with the simple task of sticking to a class. /worthlesspost

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

lapse posted:

:siren: Mega-raid starting up soon, be at the ZG island at 7:30 (40 minutes)

Clearing BWL and then MC afterwards.

Fuuuuuuck I need to remember raid times better. Got distracted making pickles.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh poo poo I would have showed but I just spent the last 7 hours playing xcom rip.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

Oh poo poo I would have showed but I just spent the last 7 hours playing xcom rip.

nobody cares

Smucked
Oct 11, 2012

decypher posted:

I can't decide on a class to play so I just keep creating characters. I have a warlock, hunter, priest all level 20. I just made a mage because I don't know what I want and this is always my problem....I don't really know what this post is about but I just wanted you all to know there's people out there out struggle with the simple task of sticking to a class. /worthlesspost

Druid.

Kms
Sep 2, 2014

cats, 69, 420, lgw, WoW sucks but I keep coming back, just payed five dollars for this

decypher posted:

Paladins. They're fun to level, destroy in low level PvP, and you can do whatever you want until level 50. Plus free mount at 40 so no insta poverty and no 1k gold mount plus T2 looks cute

Edit: you can do whatever you want at endgame. I tankdpsheal 5 mans all the time.

Kms fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 2, 2014

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Currently we have been shortest on hunters / tanks / dps war.

BTW, our megaraid was the fastest we've ever done. By 9 minute improvement on both instances. Good job dudes

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Somehow we are short on the most popular classes. Dang Euro statistics messing with the Murica makeup.

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay
Outdoors the druid reporting for duty/guild invite. Every time I click a dryad they greet me properly

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."
While I owned as a hunter back in the day, but I would be looking to start up something different like a priest or rogue here. Pretty sure priest will be able to get into poo poo easier/faster as a healer? Also what is the population like? And then what is the population like during Australian hours...? I've been trying to play on a WOTLK server, but during weekdays at my prime time, server goes down as low was less than 40 level 80's on line.... that's whole server wise, not guild. Weekend is a bit better and the population can hit a reasonable 200~ during 1am-6am at my times...

My prime time being 1am - 7am(EST) US or 6am - 12pm Euro time (based on GMT Time in London, UK)

Reb fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 3, 2014

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Iceberg-Slim posted:

Outdoors the druid reporting for duty/guild invite. Every time I click a dryad they greet me properly

Just PM someone from the guild (do a /who lets) and ask if an Alficer can invite. Let them know you are a goon and your forum name so they can set you to the appropriate rank.

Reb posted:

While I owned as a hunter back in the day, but I would be looking to start up something different like a priest or rogue here. Pretty sure priest will be able to get into poo poo easier/faster as a healer? Also what is the population like? And then what is the population like during Australian hours...? I've been trying to play on a WOTLK server, but during weekdays at my prime time, server goes down as low was less than 40 level 80's on line.... that's whole server wise, not guild. Weekend is a bit better and the population can hit a reasonable 200~ during 1am-6am at my times...

My prime time being 1am - 7am(EST) US or 6am - 12pm Euro time (based on GMT Time in London, UK)

Priests are usually wanted, especially Dwarf priest (fearward too good). The server is EU based and prime time so you may not find that many people during your times in general until the later hours when EU starts waking up, but there may be a presence (just not likely to find raiding numbers/guilds).

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Dec 3, 2014

TMDTN
Oct 10, 2005
This Mixed Drink Tastes Nasty...
Hey guys. It's Onceler, out of jail again, for the last time. Well for the foreseeable future. I'm trying to get my computer and poo poo so i can play tonight, but there's a lot i have to do. I'm trying though.

E- Also gently caress the police. There was a cold snap, mid 40s ºf, which is literally almost as cold as it ever gets here, and they leave the loving ac on full blast. I just thought about playing vanilla to keep me warm and pass the time. I missed playing this game as much as i missed heroin cigs and my family.

e2- 3ds posting suuucks hard. 50 mins to post and edit this poo poo

TMDTN fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 3, 2014

Vessel From Denny
Nov 20, 2007
Vanilla wow: my anti-drug

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Vessel From Denny posted:

Vanilla wow: my anti-drug

Servers are down now, wonder if plan B was to get back on the H train

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

RIP, I was wondering why I couldn't get on their website earlier. Must be maintenance or DDoS again. They have about 4 hours to fix it before ZG.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

DrSeRRoD posted:

RIP, I was wondering why I couldn't get on their website earlier. Must be maintenance or DDoS again. They have about 4 hours to fix it before ZG.

Or else! :argh:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

drat right! :colbert:

Kms
Sep 2, 2014

cats, 69, 420, lgw, WoW sucks but I keep coming back, just payed five dollars for this
I got surgery on my arm and the only game I can really play is ED but its down :(

kevo32
Oct 16, 2009
Most likely won't be up tonight.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vanilla-wow-Project-Phoenix-Development/107523035950107

kevo32
Oct 16, 2009

Now their latest update says they could be up soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

ED down, ZG out.

"Dear members,

After a long evening and night, it becomes clear that our host won't enable our servers anymore this evening. It was a long-shot, after all..

We are assured that all data is safe, so you do not have to worry about this.

Tomorrow we will start negotiations again with a fresh mind, and will start preparing to move to a host that can keep us protected, and, can provide you a smooth gameplay at the same time.

As said before, once we are back online again we will be able to disclose more information for you all.

Kind regards,
Feenix Server Team"

• Locked thread