Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
This was alluded to earlier in the thread, but Gaza is presently under water and the UN has declared a state of emergency. Just in case, you know, you were thinking it looked like a nice place to move to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jack of Hearts posted:

All Israelis, and US citizenship. We gave it on an expedited basis to Cuban refugees. I was challenging the silliness of your original statement, not claiming that it was a plausible solution to the problem. Although, actually, if there were a way for America to give subtle preference to Jewish and Israeli immigration, that would let a tremendous amount of air out of Israel's tires.

Yes let's reinstitute horrifically racist immigration policies so as to better carry out ethnic cleansing.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Insect Court posted:

Yes let's reinstitute horrifically racist immigration policies so as to better carry out ethnic cleansing.

Well, if it's good enough for Israel, it's good enough for the USA.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Subtle immigration preferences to Israelis = Ethnic cleansing.

Not so subtle theft of Palestinian lands and property + the occasional bombing campaign and decades of oppression = Meh.

TIC, once again, not taking sides, he's just here to facilitate balanced discussion and make sure both view points are represented fairly.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

The Insect Court posted:

As the suggested policies are light-touch examples of what Israel does as standard practice, are you finally agreeing that Israel is racist and conducts ethnic cleansing?

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
But won`t that help Palestine if Israeli jews get preferential treatment? That would help shift the demographic to Israels disfavour sooner. I you oppose Zionism than surely you must be in favour in whatever measures that will result in Jewish emigration from Israel?
The ends justifies the means in this case.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The Insect Court posted:

:ironicat:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Let's talk about some real issues here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFT22S9euEI

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You have to know people's weak spots. Does MIGF seem sensitive to being called evil? No, he will dismiss you as unrealistic and foolish. Better to show him up for a fraud and hurt his professional credibility. Which I am well-placed to do in this situation where I know 1000% more than he ever will. :getin:

MIGF is a complete joke and has been owned repeatedly by volkerball of all posters. It's hilarious how much care has been given about his stupid gimmick that was done years ago by far better, more intelligent posters. The whole 'i'm an important person i swear pay attention to meeeee!! i just happen to have enough free time to post on somethingawful.com upwards of 100 times per day' is pretty funny though i have to admit, who the gently caress does he think he's kidding with that nonsense.

The Insect Court posted:

That's not ethnic cleansing though, or even remotely close. Look, I'm pretty vocal that DD is a huge echo chamber but you aren't helping the case with stupid poo poo like this.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Wait am I missing something with how Cuban refugees were handled, or is TIC somehow arguing that having a fast track to citizenship for anyone who is Jewish is ethnic cleansing? Because if so, I think we need to talk about the present day ethnic cleansing Israel is doing to every other nation on Earth by having the Right of Return. I don't recall the USA forcing Cubans to come to America as part of their plan to handle refugees.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

DrProsek posted:

Wait am I missing something with how Cuban refugees were handled, or is TIC somehow arguing that having a fast track to citizenship for anyone who is Jewish is ethnic cleansing? Because if so, I think we need to talk about the present day ethnic cleansing Israel is doing to every other nation on Earth by having the Right of Return. I don't recall the USA forcing Cubans to come to America as part of their plan to handle refugees.

"ethnic vacuuming"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

tsa posted:

MIGF is a complete joke and has been owned repeatedly by volkerball of all posters. It's hilarious how much care has been given about his stupid gimmick that was done years ago by far better, more intelligent posters. The whole 'i'm an important person i swear pay attention to meeeee!! i just happen to have enough free time to post on somethingawful.com upwards of 100 times per day' is pretty funny though i have to admit, who the gently caress does he think he's kidding with that nonsense.

sup

We're going to early elections! Who's ready for Prime Minister Bennett?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Volkerball posted:

sup

We're going to early elections! Who's ready for Prime Minister Bennett?

Personally, I'm hoping for PM Bibi with a stronger position. Israelis could use moderates with majority mandates.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Fangz posted:

This anime has low production values because Israel is an apartheid state.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

My Imaginary GF posted:

Personally, I'm hoping for PM Bibi with a stronger position. Israelis could use moderates with majority mandates.

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is made up bullshit.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

CommieGIR posted:

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is made up bullshit.

When Lieberman is PM you'll miss Bibi!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CommieGIR posted:

Remember, this is Rahm we're talking about. Moderate = you could find someone crazier. Which is true. There are crazier people to the right of Netanyahu.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Remember, this is Rahm we're talking about. Moderate = you could find someone crazier. Which is true. There are crazier people to the right of Netanyahu.

But the idea that strengthening BiBi "Bomb Iran" Netanyahu is going to create more moderate positions is laughable.

Yes, there is crazier, but BiBi is already 'crazy'

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CommieGIR posted:

But the idea that strengthening BiBi "Bomb Iran" Netanyahu is going to create more moderate positions is laughable.

Yes, there is crazier, but BiBi is already 'crazy'

He's actually a real big coward who will deflate under pressure. Which makes him useful if he does have that mandate, then, more importantly, the US pressures him to do the right thing. But I don't see that happening with our current Congress/Administration.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He's actually a real big coward who will deflate under pressure. Which makes him useful if he does have that mandate, then, more importantly, the US pressures him to do the right thing. But I don't see that happening with our current Congress/Administration.

That is true. However, I feel like if he strengthens his party position in the government, he might get the little extra inflation he needs.

I also don't see any incoming US Government doing different either. Regardless, BiBi's position is nowhere near moderate. Moderate position of the Extreme Right? Sure.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CommieGIR posted:

That is true. However, I feel like if he strengthens his party position in the government, he might get the little extra inflation he needs.

I also don't see any incoming US Government doing different either. Regardless, BiBi's position is nowhere near moderate. Moderate position of the Extreme Right? Sure.

If you don't like his positions, he has others.

By the way, it's still not clear that there will be elections. As it stands it's threats after sour talks with Yesh Atid (currently the biggest coalition partner).

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

team overhead smash posted:

As the suggested policies are light-touch examples of what Israel does as standard practice, are you finally agreeing that Israel is racist and conducts ethnic cleansing?

Well of course certain Israeli government policies in the occupied territories amount to ethnic cleansing T.O.S. What some of imbecile could argue otherwise? You'd have to be as delusionally hateful as someone who insisted that if the Jordanian government acted to ease immigration and naturalization for Palestinians in the West Bank(and Egypt with Gazans) at the behest of Israel and with the explicit goal of "letting the air out" of Palestinian nationalism and transferring the Palestinian population out of Palestine it wouldn't amount to ethnic cleansing.

I think ethnic cleansing is always wrong, but I realize that's not a very popular position in this thread. :shrug:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

The Insect Court posted:

Well of course certain Israeli government policies in the occupied territories amount to ethnic cleansing T.O.S. What some of imbecile could argue otherwise? You'd have to be as delusionally hateful as someone who insisted that if the Jordanian government acted to ease immigration and naturalization for Palestinians in the West Bank(and Egypt with Gazans) at the behest of Israel and with the explicit goal of "letting the air out" of Palestinian nationalism and transferring the Palestinian population out of Palestine it wouldn't amount to ethnic cleansing.

I think ethnic cleansing is always wrong, but I realize that's not a very popular position in this thread. :shrug:

Nice strawman, I think your pants are on fire.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

My Imaginary GF posted:

The Insect Court posted:

OK, guys, be honest, which universe are you posting from? We promise we'll stick to the Prime Directive. Unless our alternate selves try to turn us into their sex-slaves. That's just weird.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

The Insect Court posted:

Well the thing is my confidence in your analysis is essentially non-existent after you implicitly adopted a pro-nazi stance and avoided addressing the topic here and here. Also your statement seems to have messed up a double negative as Jordan doing that isn;t inherently ethnic cleansing, but rather it requires the 'push' mechanisms from Israel to constitute that.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Fangz posted:

really tempted to make Shalom-chan my avatar

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

What's the worst case for election outcome in Israel? Are we talking about a new PM whose victory speech is them declaring they've signed legislation that will outlaw Palestine forever, the bombing begins in five minutes?

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
People say there is no prospect for an agreement to the Israel-Palestine conflict. But this is not true. Both sides can assent to this framework agreement:

The best solution is to Destroy _______, Kill the ______ and establish a unified state of _______ in its place, following the religion of _______. This way, the Holy City of ________ will be protected, the long-oppressed people of ________ will regain their historical lands, and there will be justice and peace.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Darth Walrus posted:

This was alluded to earlier in the thread, but Gaza is presently under water and the UN has declared a state of emergency. Just in case, you know, you were thinking it looked like a nice place to move to.

Man the photos of Shujaiya still completely bombed to poo poo but now flooded really hammers home how Gaza is just a huge version of the Warsaw Ghetto. I know the comparison is inherently incendiary but really that's what it reminds me of from my school books.

Bombing towns to rubble and just letting people live in the poo poo and squalour of the wreckage while also blockading building materials is just outright monstrous. If you were a malignant oval office you could rationalise it if palestine was a recognised state which Israel was at war with, as is though they are meant to be under Israel's protection.

Its really loving basic what is going on, you declare a nation of a different race to you to not exist, seperate it into two tiny territories and then turn one into a prison (that you can bomb) and the other you colonise. We call this ethnic cleansing.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

nopantsjack posted:

Man the photos of Shujaiya still completely bombed to poo poo but now flooded really hammers home how Gaza is just a huge version of the Warsaw Ghetto. I know the comparison is inherently incendiary but really that's what it reminds me of from my school books.

Bombing towns to rubble and just letting people live in the poo poo and squalour of the wreckage while also blockading building materials is just outright monstrous. If you were a malignant oval office you could rationalise it if palestine was a recognised state which Israel was at war with, as is though they are meant to be under Israel's protection.

Its really loving basic what is going on, you declare a nation of a different race to you to not exist, seperate it into two tiny territories and then turn one into a prison (that you can bomb) and the other you colonise. We call this ethnic cleansing.

Building supplies and chocolate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwsMJmvS0AY

Anything in the hands of a Palestinian can be a weapon.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Xander77 posted:

Shooting and Crying.

This is awesome. Thanks for digging this up!

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CommieGIR posted:

Nice strawman, I think your pants are on fire.

What's wrong with being willing to speak out against those who would condone, excuse, or outright advocate for acts of ethnic cleansing or genocide? That's the case whether it's coming from the far right or the far left, from "Greater Israel" Kahanist types or their extreme "anti-Zionists" counterparts. Ethnic cleansing is bad, whether the targets are Israeli Jews or Palestinian Muslims. I'm sorry if you consider that statement some kind of strawman, because it seems unarguably true to me.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The Insect Court posted:

What's wrong with being willing to speak out against those who would condone, excuse, or outright advocate for acts of ethnic cleansing or genocide? That's the case whether it's coming from the far right or the far left, from "Greater Israel" Kahanist types or their extreme "anti-Zionists" counterparts. Ethnic cleansing is bad, whether the targets are Israeli Jews or Palestinian Muslims. I'm sorry if you consider that statement some kind of strawman, because it seems unarguably true to me.

And yet, strangely enough, your ears only straighten up when someone seems to suggest something that kind of looks like it's not nice to Israeli Jews if you look at it in the right light, and then you make sure to paint every single person in this thread in this stupid brush, including Israeli Jews such as myself. It's as if you were concern trolling because otherwise you would have to admit the complete horror that is the Israeli regime, or something. :allears:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

syscall girl posted:

Building supplies and chocolate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwsMJmvS0AY

Anything in the hands of a Palestinian can be a weapon.

To be fair many of those things could be used as weapons to kill Israelis. How is the secondmost well-equipped military in the world supposed to deal with an insurgency armed with kitchen knives and hammers, huh?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

nopantsjack posted:

To be fair many of those things could be used as weapons to kill Israelis. How is the secondmost well-equipped military in the world supposed to deal with an insurgency armed with kitchen knives and hammers, huh?

You ignore them until they quit seeking your attention.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

You ignore them until they quit seeking your attention.

Agreed.

e: As long as by ignore them you mean don't retaliate against resistance with massive state terrorism.

That coupled with actually supporting the occupied territories would pretty much put a stop to most of whats going on.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

You ignore them until they quit seeking your attentionraid their supply ship with a commando team that still manages to be stuck in a standoff, then make sure to get rid of as much evidence as possible while pumping your populace full of propaganda so that they think your troops were the heroes; then demonize the one member of your own parliament who was there and tells an entirely different story.

There. Fixed that for you. What don't you do for a friend like Rahm? :buddy:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Absurd Alhazred posted:

There. Fixed that for you. What don't you do for a friend like Rahm? :buddy:

That's part of ignoring them. They want to go through your territorial waters? You ignore their excuses and ensure your national integrity is maintained, by force when necessary.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

My Imaginary GF posted:

That's part of ignoring them. They want to go through your territorial waters? You ignore their excuses and ensure your national integrity is maintained, by force when necessary.

Hows that loving plan for the preemptive nuclear strike on Iran going?

The Insect Court posted:

I dunno, you sure do spend a lot of time trying to justify what the IDF and Israeli Government does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

CommieGIR posted:

Hows that loving plan for the preemptive nuclear strike on Iran going?

I dunno, you sure do spend a lot of time trying to justify what the IDF and Israeli Government does.

You'd have to ask the Sauds; last I checked, they don't give a poo poo about I/P issues.

• Locked thread