Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
D E A D G A M E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tatersyum posted:

D E A D G A M E

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Archeage is for stable normal people, not servers.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

:eyepop:

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
They've added to the previous statement.

quote:

Are the timers on my crops and taxes still ticking down?

Like when we restart servers, these timers do continue to tick down. Property taxes are due every two weeks and we're working to bring the servers back up as quickly as possible. The ArcheAge Team is definitely aware this is an issue for players with taxes due and is talking with XLGAMES about the best way to resolve it while the servers are offline.

Will there be a server rollback?

No, a server rollback is not planned.

Is the outage being caused by a DDoS?

No, this is not being caused by a DDoS

Why is there no ETA for when server connectivity will be restored?

The moment we have a valid ETA to share, it'll be posted here. Right now we're all hands on deck to resolve the issue and get us that answer.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

glug posted:

Did you not click it, Widestancer?

edit: looks down now. Anyway, he's apparently in 'Struggle Cuddle'

this thread is like a sequel to the movie "Se7en" and normal goons -- who I played with in-game and had a great time with, chatting and doing PvP and saying "RIP" when we goofed (so many people saying "rip!") --these normal goons that I've gotten to know and root for just...can't withstand the provocation of (imp zone?) Kevin Spacey, and so they lash out and complete the insidious plot laid for them so long ago...

it is riveting and disappointing

i am gwyneth paltrow

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
sa needs a :trion: emote akin to the :dice: emote

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dont worry they announced an upcoming launch in China. This will fix all our US server problems because.

China players have even less of an issue with hacking and are even more willing to spend on fake items. No way they will fix all the same exploits we have before they launch.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

:eyepop:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Now the archeage forums are dying :ghost:

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I'm actually hoping they had some massive data corruption and everyone's poo poo is gone. Would make it easier to just walk away from this game and never look back.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Uh oh lmao http://www.trionworlds.com/en/careers/redwood-shores/?uID=&ref=http://t.co/LIJhlWGUmL&cjobid=EB719862107

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

glug posted:

Which one is the goon who got caught up in all the pedo drama in one video game only to go back to another video game and join a guild named after a euphemism for rape, because once they're 18 it's totally different?

"Struggle Cuddle" actually refers to the act that honey bees commit to suffocate predators by surrounding them in large masses and vibrating until the predator dies. (Given my recent ejection from Goonswarm, all the more poignant).

I wouldn't expect a high school level troll to understand that though, good job with your Freudian projection of rape and pedophilia on me though -- do you have anything you'd like to confess to?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

high school level troll

:allears:

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
trolling = you're a pedophile

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

tatersyum posted:

trolling = you're a pedophile

These are the new laws of the Archeage thread.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
the fishing goons will have their satisfaction, no matter how many idiotposts they need to make in this thread!!!

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

ruffz posted:

I'm actually hoping they had some massive data corruption and everyone's poo poo is gone. Would make it easier to just walk away from this game and never look back.

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

the fishing goons will have their satisfaction, no matter how many idiotposts they need to make in this thread!!!

No more man. I took to heart what you said. All that poo poo about fishing, just seems so insignificant with people being hit by bombs and poo poo.

Arcade fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 2, 2014

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Arcade posted:

No more man. I took to heart what you said. All that poo poo about fishing, just seems so insignificant with people being hit by bombs and poo poo.

this is it folks. this is first world white privilege. right here.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

this is it folks. this is first world white privilege. right here.

How dare you, I'm going to get you banned off Steam or something unrelated for the anger you have caused me.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
If Trion's collective screwing-over of all of us isn't enough to reunite the goon splinters, what is?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

What are the odds that this guy was fired/quit before all this started, and that the server issues are some sort of logic bomb? I would love to read that story once it all leaked out.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
PS -- They said the timers are still counting down. If the servers ever DO come back up, there will be a hell of a land rush opportunity.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Finndo posted:

If Trion's collective screwing-over of all of us isn't enough to reunite the goon splinters, what is?

can someone -- for fun, even -- take a crack at what this would involve? just, theoretically?

douche nozzle, arcade -- what would it hypothetically take for goons to move past these still-living grudges from a literally (as of right now) dead and non-existant PC game?

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

I can't wait for this game to die and the Archeage Shuts Down thread to become the new primary thread and for it to never die.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Xexre posted:

I can't wait for this game to die and the Archeage Shuts Down thread to become the new primary thread and for it to never die.

Mmmm so good.

But for goons to unite? A good and interested leader who isn't socially stunted and understands this is a bad game and the real fun to be had is in pissing people off.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

atlas of bugs posted:

can someone -- for fun, even -- take a crack at what this would involve? just, theoretically?

douche nozzle, arcade -- what would it hypothetically take for goons to move past these still-living grudges from a literally (as of right now) dead and non-existant PC game?

If anyones grudges are taken from this game to the next, nothing but ridicule should await them.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I will be leading the next mmo guild and you better have a resume with what guilds you have a part of on it.

Also if I recognize your name you probably won't get in.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arcade posted:

If anyones grudges are taken from this game to the next, nothing but ridicule should await them.

yep, agreed

the only people I know I'll make fun of on an ongoing basis in the next game are people like DBRB

unless he ends up manning up, apologizing for goonfucking kimsemus, and at least tries to fix what he did

but a space spreadsheet power jockey like him would probably never do that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

I will be leading the next mmo guild and you better have a resume with what guilds you have a part of on it.

so what you are saying is i need to get my parachute account ready, thanks!

also my resume wont have Archeage - goon squad because i got kicked from it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Arcade posted:

That totally will not happen

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Aré you leading The Repopulation Goon Guild then?

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Moving from one game to the next is always challenging for a guild, because the things that unified that guild in the last usually don't apply in the new game. Here, you had a random collection of goons coming from a number of different games, without any consensus regarding goals or what they wanted in a guild, and a starting leadership team that never earned the players' trust and that didn't really seem to care about doing a good job of leading. With the benefit of hindsight, it's pretty clear to me that collapse was inevitable.

The only way I could see goons "reunifying" is if someone emerges as the right leader for this game, and attracts people organically into essentially a new goon guild. This assumes that people don't just give up on the game altogether, which is a real possibility. I could definitely see it happening, if the game survives.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Not all goon guilds collapse. Some times it really just is so simple as the people in charge.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Not all goon guilds collapse. Some times it really just is so simple as the people in charge.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I believe in Grithok and stand behind them as they lead us out of Egypt.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
as widestancer's lapdog i agree

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

ruffz posted:

Well, they can't roll back the servers if the data is gone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kimsemus posted:

I wouldn't expect a high school level troll to understand that though, good job with your Freudian projection of rape and pedophilia on me though -- do you have anything you'd like to confess to?

relax dummy, you of all people should know by now that aint how you respond

• Locked thread