Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Eeevil posted:

When I signed up for Heavy Metal, I'm pretty sure I chose 6:00 P.M. today as the end time, but I just logged on and it was already finished. What's up with that?

The final end time was for 3pm today (CST) so you probably picked yesterdays 6pm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Some of these pve matchups suck balls. My team dies in like 5 turns because of all the strike tiles on the last Juggy one and feeding Hood's yellow on his last one. Twin Pistols is an instant kill for anyone except Groot.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I didn't get groot last PvE so now I'm screwed for this one. Unless I pay them of course

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

skipdogg posted:

I didn't get groot last PvE so now I'm screwed for this one. Unless I pay them of course

Only 50,000 to get a Groot cover from the PVE, you should be able to get that from grinding the non-essential nodes. Also, they're the Daken PVP reward. You could get at least one cover halfway through with one of those.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This loving game. :argh:

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
I don't understand how the new pvp brackets work. I get 4-500 points but barely scratch top 300.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

I don't understand how the new pvp brackets work. I get 4-500 points but barely scratch top 300.

Don't pick the end time ending at the old time slots (usually bracket 4). All the whales are picking that time slot and are protesting the new time brackets by spending lots of HP to drive scores up and ruin the game economy. Yep, they're protesting a game by spending money on it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

Yep, they're protesting a game by spending money on it.
Hey, when all you have is a hammer.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Don't pick the end time ending at the old time slots (usually bracket 4). All the whales are picking that time slot and are protesting the new time brackets by spending lots of HP to drive scores up and ruin the game economy. Yep, they're protesting a game by spending money on it.

Lol what.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Thanks d3 for offering Thora as rewards for the pve event over Thanksgiving. I give thanks for the cruel developers at d3.

And right after a PVE where my shift ended at the same time as the event so I finished 156 after grinding all week and now have no possible chance of being competitive in this one because I missed out on Grocket :v:
Seriously can we just pick PVE ending times too because blah.
Also my LazyDaken has 5 covers, none of them Pheromone Rage, which catapults him to "beyond useless" so there's no hope for that event either.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They've thrown so many new characters at us in the last few months that I just dont care anymore. I just cant.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

SynthOrange posted:

They've thrown so many new characters at us in the last few months that I just dont care anymore. I just cant.

Should we close this thread & start a new OP? I could take a stab at it if none of the more experienced players wanna give it a go.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Does maxing a character still take $200+ bucks in ISO? And they are releasing new ones every two weeks or so? And the game is still a never-ending competition against your peers for covers, so that you a chance at events for more covers, so that you can spend untold amounts of ISO to level them?

I stopped playing at around the time the introduced alliances and diluted the prizes even more. Seem this thing has got even worse.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

fishtobaskets posted:

Should we close this thread & start a new OP? I could take a stab at it if none of the more experienced players wanna give it a go.

My new op:

Spend money on slots, not card draws.
If you're grinding, maybe find something else to do, you cant beat whales.
Yes there are too many characters.

How's that? :v:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

SynthOrange posted:

My new op:

Maybe call anyone who spends money on the game an rear end in a top hat for supporting the business model?

Aside from that it's perfect.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
So I went to play the Steam game and my account seems to have been reset. I was finally getting to 3-Star guys too :(

Is this a known issue or should I contact the developers? Whenever I load the game up it takes me to the tutorial and all of my covers, iso, and HP are gone.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I got my Alliance reward for the event but not my personal reward. That really blows, I was top 100. Is there a delay?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There's ALWAYS a delay.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

SynthOrange posted:

My new op:

Actually, if you just add these two links in big flashing letters to the beginning of the OP, It'll probably keep itself up-to-date for a while:

Polarity's guide: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

Matchmaker's rankings: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18101
(For a decent character analysis from a different perspective)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I feel like such a loving tool. I spent 20 bucks on credits for the Groot event multi pull and got all Hawkeye and Black Widow, with a couple Ares and Human Torch thrown in for good measure. I won't make that mistake again.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

fishtobaskets posted:

Actually, if you just add these two links in big flashing letters to the beginning of the OP, It'll probably keep itself up-to-date for a while:

Polarity's guide: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939
Polarity's guide is out of date with regards to Thor, though. It says his yellow attack is still more powerful than his red one. Nowadays it's the other way around.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

How so? I find the yellow normally does at least as much damage because you get a couple of green matches out of it, and then you get to use his green power.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

New Leaf posted:

I feel like such a loving tool. I spent 20 bucks on credits for the Groot event multi pull and got all Hawkeye and Black Widow, with a couple Ares and Human Torch thrown in for good measure. I won't make that mistake again.
Don't spend money on this lovely game ever

If you absolutely must just grab character slots, it's the only use of HP that isn't horribly retarded

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Syrinxx posted:

Don't spend money on this lovely game ever

If only there was a way we could express this where it'd get through to people before they piss away money and encourage this lovely company.

Maybe a blingee?

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard

BGrifter posted:

If only there was a way we could express this where it'd get through to people before they piss away money and encourage this lovely company.

Maybe a blingee?
New thread title? Marvel Puzzle Quest- DO NOT SPEND ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY ON THIS GAME

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

EGSunBro posted:

So I went to play the Steam game and my account seems to have been reset. I was finally getting to 3-Star guys too :(

Is this a known issue or should I contact the developers? Whenever I load the game up it takes me to the tutorial and all of my covers, iso, and HP are gone.

Contact support, they do have a process for restoring lost progression.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
So I grind pretty steadily all event, got grocket in time for the second area, completed every mission more than once, finish 350.
Boyfriend starts event a few hours ago, still gets to top tier reward and finishes 3rd.
No justice.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Punch him in the face.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

21st Cherry boy posted:

So I grind pretty steadily all event, got grocket in time for the second area, completed every mission more than once, finish 350.
Boyfriend starts event a few hours ago, still gets to top tier reward and finishes 3rd.
No justice.

Jeez, I didn't realize rubber banding was that bad.

Fortuitously, visits with my family tend to involve downtime every couple of hours or so anyway, so I was hitting nodes pretty regularly this weekend. I managed my first first place.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Not his fault the game heavily favors lazy playing.
Punch the developers in the face.

E: congrats sefer! That's awesome.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

SynthOrange posted:

Punch him in the face.

I was waiting to get Rocket and Groot before playing. (Because I missed the last PVE due to updating to lollipop) It's a total legit excuse.

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
I only got top 150, so I'm still without a Thor for next event :(

Maybe I'll get lucky like I did with Nick Fury and draw her ~a day in.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah I was scrambling for position but couldn't keep up. I got top 400, and only just barely. With an hour left when I went to bed I was up to 215th, but I could never break that barrier without having to buy healing packs. It was ridiculous.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I managed to get groot from the Daken PVP, but I was already way out of the running for 4Thor, did managed to pull top 150 for another Cap Marvel cover though. She's my second highest covered 3 star. Can't get a loving Patch cover or anything, but hey, 9 covers on Falcon and 8 on Captain Marvel is sooooo useful.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Apparently I got the try hard group for the Thor reward. Ended in 10th place with 150k points. I played every time the nodes were full and beat them enough that I could get 6 hours of sleep and they would be recharged right when I woke up but I still lost by almost 30k. Pretty sure these people were either account sharing or only sleeping 2 hours at a time.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
Them rerunning the exact same PVE with the same lovely feeder nodes just kills it for me this week. I'll read a book or something instead, thanks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey at least now you can run an experiment of entering a tournament 1 minute before it ends and seeing how you'd do.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Them rerunning the exact same PVE with the same lovely feeder nodes just kills it for me this week. I'll read a book or something instead, thanks.

Except it's not the same, the Rocket and Groot you earned is meaningless and you can't participate unless you have Thora and Wesley Snipes- which I don't. I'm pretty much poo poo out of luck for this whole week.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also I updated the op, enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

SynthOrange posted:

Also I updated the op, enjoy!

Needs more goatse.