Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
probably from the store that sells them since he said it was in Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The Shortest Path posted:

Where did you get that many water stones?

You can buy them at the Stone Emporium in Lumiose City.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Lay on Hands posted:

This is exactly why my first time beating Y's E4 looked like this

Are you Miror B?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Are you Miror B?
He has to be. Either that or he's Mirakle B. after changing up his team in order to truly be the rightful successor to Miror B.

Hobgoblin2099, what type of music automatically plays whenever you enter a Pokemon battle? What is your theme? We must know.:colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
For my secret base/WiFi? I don't think I've set it up yet.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So I bred five eggs in Y to transfer over to Omega Ruby, but I only have 1 3DS. Can I use Pokemon Bank to transfer these eggs? If so, how?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

For my secret base/WiFi? I don't think I've set it up yet.
Then set your theme and get your secret base ready for battle! And don't pick a base location that you need an HM to get to, HMs are annoying.
(I was trying to make a Miror B. joke involving Lay on Hands' team since Miror B's theme is awesome and always plays every time you fight him, but I copied the wrong name.):downs:

Lay on Hands, what type of music automatically plays whenever you enter a Pokemon battle? Are you the true Miror B, or are you merely his successor?:v:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 1, 2014

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Reinanigans posted:

So I bred five eggs in Y to transfer over to Omega Ruby, but I only have 1 3DS. Can I use Pokemon Bank to transfer these eggs? If so, how?

If you only have access to the 1 3DS you'd have to hatch them in Y and then bank them over.

edit: or trade them to another goon online and then have that person trade them back to you in oras

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

astr0man posted:

If you only have access to the 1 3DS you'd have to hatch them in Y and then bank them over.

Or trade them to someone, and have them trade to your ruby.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
There had to be one slip up in the all-in-one post-game mega island and that had to be the 'stick a coin under the circle pad and let the eggs hatch themselves' route.

It seems weird to have a daycare, IV judge and a neverending path to hatch eggs, and then make it so that you need to reset your path after hatching an egg.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

PSWII60 posted:

Or trade them to someone, and have them trade to your ruby.

Yeah, tried to get a friend to do that but he hadn't updated and the e-shop is down.

Would a kind goon help me out with this tonight? I probably won't be able to trade until 9pm EST or so.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

McDragon posted:

I like that Mega-Ray doesn't need a stone. Means I can leave the Amulet Coin on him.

There should be a Water Bear Pokemon. Also they need to cross the Fairy type with every other one at least once. And the Poison type. And all the others but those two especially. And something Dark/Psychic. And something car-shaped. And a cloud, Electric/Ice I think.

Beartic is pretty close. It is blue and learns a ton of water moves.

Also, the anything goes tier seems to currently have a bunch of 6x Swag-Key teams, which while hilarious, seems kind of unsustainable for a tier.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

dude789 posted:

Beartic is pretty close. It is blue and learns a ton of water moves.

Also, the anything goes tier seems to currently have a bunch of 6x Swag-Key teams, which while hilarious, seems kind of unsustainable for a tier.

Water Bears are not actually bears, nor are they water. They're microscopic immortals called Tardigrades. I'm not sure how they'd make a pokemon out of something microscopic though.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Dec 2, 2014

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

pik_d posted:

Water Bear's are not actually bears, nor are they water. They're microscopic immortals called Tardigrades. I'm not sure how they'd make a pokemon out of something microscopic though.

They'd make it a legendary with multiple forms

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
With no species clause I'd have figured everybody would go in for 6xMegaRay, though 6xswagkey sounds just as mean.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

pik_d posted:

Water Bears are not actually bears, nor are they water. They're microscopic immortals called Tardigrades. I'm not sure how they'd make a pokemon out of something microscopic though.

They'd make Reuniclus.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Trying to get the destiny knot in OR. I know it drops off the couple at Sea Mauville, but what precisely triggers a trainer for a rematch? Is it just a time thing, number of steps...?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

Yeah, tried to get a friend to do that but he hadn't updated and the e-shop is down.

Would a kind goon help me out with this tonight? I probably won't be able to trade until 9pm EST or so.

I think I'll be back from picking up my roommate by then.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
So... increased crit ratio on Night Slash and Slash, Super Luck, and maxed out Amie (which I've never done before but too cute holy poo poo) and my Absol never doesn't get a crit.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Swagkey and imposter ditto. Now your speedy gooey buddy is full of attack boosting rage.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Decus posted:

With no species clause I'd have figured everybody would go in for 6xMegaRay, though 6xswagkey sounds just as mean.

Well, you can only mega evolve once.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Notorious QIG posted:

Blaze Dragon posted:

Holy poo poo I caught a world-changing monster that was going to scorch everything, and then I got to fly on another super-being across Hoenn while controlling it at will in its powered up form and I visited my mum and got money and then the National Dex and holy poo poo this game.

I love Pokemon.

Just wait until Delta Episode.

You were right, Delta Episode kind of triumphed that.

I got a lot of cool lore from some weird girl with really cool music as the background and then she summoned a dragon and then I tamed that dragon to my will and then I rode it into space in its super form and destroyed a meteor and the meteor turned to be a monster and then I destroyed the monster with my ultimate banned from the ban list super mega dragon of destruction loving up and not catching it but whatever I beat a monster from space and then I had a date and then I saw Hoenn's sky at night on my other super dragon and holy poo poo I just don't know what more to say.

OR you were insane in a way other Pokemon games haven't quite managed to be and I love you for that. Hoenn is still the best region.

I hope we get more like the Delta Episode in following games, it was nice having an actual story that wasn't tied down to the usual tradition of eight gyms and whatever.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
So, I got Alpha Sapphire, instead of Omega Ruby. And I have to say: Team Magma's 'modifications' to the sub are even MORE ridiculous than Team Aqua's.
Like, Team Aqua painted it to look like a Sharpedo, which, while it's Seto-Kaiba-Blue-Eyes-White-Dragon-Jet-Plane levels of ridiculous, actually makes some kinda sense for a cool submarine.paintjob.

Painting a submarine to look like a lava camel makes absolutely no sense at all and I love these nerds all the more for it. :allears: Maxie, who on earth gave you a paintbrush?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Does anyone who actually knows stuff about the contest poo poo in this game know if it's better to mega evolve or hold the colored scarf that increases the attribute?

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

10th Zubat I encountered with Dexnav had Brave Bird. Time to ride this little bastard to victory. :toot:

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
So I guess I'm the only one experiencing problems with Wondertrade. The communication keeps failing and its been like that all day.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

PSWII60 posted:

I think I'll be back from picking up my roommate by then.

The e-shop came back and my friend was able to help. Thanks, though!

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Pyroi posted:

Does anyone who actually knows stuff about the contest poo poo in this game know if it's better to mega evolve or hold the colored scarf that increases the attribute?

from what i'm reading the attributes only affect the 1st round. Having a megastone when your pokemon hits the 5th star greatly increases the appeal for that turn. The scarfs seems to be a sure thing, while the mega stone only activates if you get the 5th star.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

cancerianmoth posted:

So I guess I'm the only one experiencing problems with Wondertrade. The communication keeps failing and its been like that all day.

I was going to ask the same thing. Three communication errors in a row, the other online features seem to work, though.
Also, got the Eon Ticket! :woop:

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

cancerianmoth posted:

Same here, and I've seen identical complaints popping up on the GameFAQs forum, so it's not just us. Maybe they're about to release the 1.2 patch?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

How Ingratiating! posted:

Same here, and I've seen identical complaints popping up on the GameFAQs forum, so it's not just us. Maybe they're about to release the 1.2 patch?

Maybe they're starting a crackdown on all those Jirachis on GTS named "EBOLA friend of the family". Seriously, what the hell.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

So since I'm a student again (grad school) and am forced to venture out of my house a couple nights a week, I figure I'll take advantage of that and try this StreetPass stuff. How do I know if I've SP'd someone, versus just getting a bunch of passes from like...Wonder Trading and poo poo?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
What do I have to give to get a Diancie? A kidney? A shiny Feebas? I have both of those.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

re: Delta Episode ending

You really missed out if Deoxys didn't just immediately oneshot Mega Rayquaza with Hyper Beam after all that buildup about how awesome Ray is. :fuckoff:

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Lord of Pie posted:

re: Delta Episode ending

You really missed out if Deoxys didn't just immediately oneshot Mega Rayquaza with Hyper Beam after all that buildup about how awesome Ray is. :fuckoff:

I accidentally one-shotted it so now I have to beat the elite four again.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ornamented Death posted:

So since I'm a student again (grad school) and am forced to venture out of my house a couple nights a week, I figure I'll take advantage of that and try this StreetPass stuff. How do I know if I've SP'd someone, versus just getting a bunch of passes from like...Wonder Trading and poo poo?

Streetpasses show up in an entirely different part of the game, at least in XY. You had to go check for passes on the main game menu.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Pentaro posted:

Maybe they're starting a crackdown on all those Jirachis on GTS named "EBOLA friend of the family". Seriously, what the hell.

The story I heard was that someone on Reddit was real pissed that so many kids were asking for rare event legendaries in exchange for early route trash. He said that if he could he would trade them the legendaries if he could nickname them "gently caress YOU". Somebody obliged him with a way to nickname them and now we have this trend going on.

dungeon cousin fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 2, 2014

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Cerony posted:

The story I heard was that someone on Reddit was real pissed that so many kids were asking for rare event legendaries in exchange for early route trash. He said he if he could he would trade them the legendaries if he could nickname them "gently caress YOU". Somebody obliged him with a way to nickname them and now we have this trend going on.

To be fair, I can't blame him for being upset. Wonder Trade is a more reliable way to get good pokemon than GTS ever was.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Speaking of the name filter, is it possible to bypass it by nicknaming something in Gen 3/4 then transferring it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Pretty sure Pokebank will reset any nicknames it considers illegal.

• Locked thread