Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I hope Coaching Search goes back to using direct quotes and the next one they get about the Michigan search involves 14 uh's and ums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Fred Jackson might be the worst coach of anything in all of college football

you say this in a world where Jay Paterno exists

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

pillsburysoldier posted:

That 24% other is just Brady Hoke again

The current plan is pretty much how Bacon described it.

Option #1 - Jim Harbaugh
Option #2 - Jim Harbaugh
Option #3 - Les Miles, sure, why not
Option #4 - oh poo poo, what do we do, gently caress

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Maybe options 1 and 2 should be something that have more than a 1-2 percent chance of actually happening, I know shocking idea and all.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

John U. Bacon is not a real name.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Certainly not a relevant name unless you want big scoops like "I don't think the widely hated athletic director is going to last long" and "I bet Michigan is going to try to get a good coach with Michigan connections".

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
My sources tell me that Michigan is looking for someone with prior experience in football

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Maybe options 1 and 2 should be something that have more than a 1-2 percent chance of actually happening, I know shocking idea and all.

More like a 51% chance of happening!

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
RB coach is definitely the most useless assistant, second only to TE coach. Those are typically where staffs hide the recruiters who don't really bring anything else to the table.

(Rutgers actually has a RB coach who teaches fantastic technique but can't recruit worth a poo poo, because of course, Kyle Flood.)

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
NFL teams will be lining up to give Harbaugh a truckload of money if the Niners fire him, also there are rumors of him being traded again this offseason.

Why would Michigan fire Hoke before the first of the year? I thought they had a one million buyout if they do?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

NFL teams will be lining up to give Harbaugh a truckload of money if the Niners fire him, also there are rumors of him being traded again this offseason.

Why would Michigan fire Hoke before the first of the year? I thought they had a one million buyout if they do?

Michigan's athletic budget is $150 million. I don't think a million or two for Hoke's buyout matter much.

You're right with regard to Harbaugh. He would leave the NFL only if he didn't like it, not because nobody wanted him. I have no idea what he actually wants to do.

After seeing his latest press conference, though, it's pretty clear he's not having much fun in San Francisco at the moment.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Groucho Marxist posted:

My sources tell me that Michigan is looking for someone with prior experience in football

That's the ideal, but not the required characteristic.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

Michigan's athletic budget is $150 million. I don't think a million or two for Hoke's buyout matter much.

They waited until January 1st to fire RR just to save $1m on his buyout. They would easily do the same to Hoke.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

They waited until January 1st to fire RR just to save $1m on his buyout. They would easily do the same to Hoke.

Depends on the situation. Everyone knew Rodriguez was out last time, while we all assume Hoke is out, we have no clue.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
Personally I would love to see it go down like this.

"The University of Michigan would like to welcome our new head coach. He is a former quarterback and a true Michigan man. Lets all give a big maze, and blue shout for our new head coach...Steven Threet!"

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

HarlanHell posted:

Personally I would love to see it go down like this.

"The University of Michigan would like to welcome our new head coach. He is a former quarterback and a true Michigan man. Lets all give a big maze, and blue shout for our new head coach...Elvis Grbac!"

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

DinosaurEggSalad posted:

I'm pretty ignorant of how NFL contracts are structured. Could SF prevent Harbaugh from leaving for a college job, considering he still has a year on his contract? With all the rumors of them potentially trading him for picks, it would seem like they would block him leaving for UM if they had the ability, considering they would get nothing from such a move.

Here's part of the reason why it's better in the long run for Harbaugh to go to Michigan - the 49ers can't do anything about Harbaugh going to college. Furthermore, if Harbaugh gets fired, San Francisco still owes him the balance of his contract as long as he doesn't go to another team.

San Francisco's best scenario is trading Harbaugh to another team for draft picks, which would get them some practical value (picks) and keep them from paying Harbaugh next season. Also, by trading Harbaugh, the 49ers have all the control and leverage in the situation, and they come out somewhat ahead.

Harbaugh's ideal scenario is going to Michigan after getting fired in San Francisco. Under that, Harbaugh would be getting paid by the 49ers and Michigan, would be able to choose where he coaches, would be able to hurt the 49ers, and could ultimately pick a better NFL job 4-5 years down the line.

Ultimately, I think Harbaugh's coming to Michigan after San Francisco's season ends.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

AsInHowe posted:

Here's part of the reason why it's better in the long run for Harbaugh to go to Michigan - the 49ers can't do anything about Harbaugh going to college. Furthermore, if Harbaugh gets fired, San Francisco still owes him the balance of his contract as long as he doesn't go to another team.

San Francisco's best scenario is trading Harbaugh to another team for draft picks, which would get them some practical value (picks) and keep them from paying Harbaugh next season. Also, by trading Harbaugh, the 49ers have all the control and leverage in the situation, and they come out somewhat ahead.

Harbaugh's ideal scenario is going to Michigan after getting fired in San Francisco. Under that, Harbaugh would be getting paid by the 49ers and Michigan, would be able to choose where he coaches, would be able to hurt the 49ers, and could ultimately pick a better NFL job 4-5 years down the line.

Ultimately, I think Harbaugh's coming to Michigan after San Francisco's season ends.

Harbaugh will be traded if anything. The only way he's fired is if no team wants him which isn't the case.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Brief update:

Hoke is meeting with Hackett at noon, per reports. There is a general team meeting at 3:00, so we'll know much more about what's going on in a few hours.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Deteriorata posted:

Brief update:

Hoke is meeting with Hackett at noon, per reports. There is a general team meeting at 3:00, so we'll know much more about what's going on in a few hours.

Today has to be like Christmas for you.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Today has to be like Christmas for you.

Christmas will be hearing the name of the new coach and him being someone of known high quality.

Getting rid of Hoke is the first step, more like Thanksgiving.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Deteriorata posted:

Christmas will be hearing the name of the new coach and him being someone of known high quality.

Getting rid of Hoke is the first step, more like Thanksgiving.

At 12:30 Michigan will announce a 5 year contract extension. :haw:

And I will be dead.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Footballscoop, a site I have never heard of, is claiming Harbaugh is "not interested" and told Michigan so.

This got an actual response from MGoBlog's Brian Cook, who is claiming multiple sources have talked to Harbaugh and he has shown interest.

Keep the machine turning!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FootballScoop is usually pretty solid but they've gotten more and more into the unnamed "OUR SOURCES SAY..." bullshit

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Neodoomium posted:

Footballscoop, a site I have never heard of, is claiming Harbaugh is "not interested" and told Michigan so.

This got an actual response from MGoBlog's Brian Cook, who is claiming multiple sources have talked to Harbaugh and he has shown interest.

Keep the machine turning!

I trust Brian over that other site.

Granted, I don't think Harbaugh is coming, but I think he is keeping his options open for leverage.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Football Scoop is a very good website and I'd trust them over Brian Cook every single day of the week. It's where most of the actual tips from you know, actual coaches and staffers gets sent. They used to get bitten pretty bad by false leaks but they've been really on top as of late.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Coaching Search is the other one that gets actual tip offs from coaches, and hilariously enough it's run by the younger brother and they loving hate each other.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
4:30 press conference in Ann Arbor, to announce Hoke's firing or contract extension.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

4:30 press conference in Ann Arbor, to announce Hoke's firing or contract extension.

Time to fire up Flight Tracker and see what private planes are due at Willow Run.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
He's not going to get extended ya dingus

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He's not going to get extended ya dingus

He won't be extended, but if they already whiffed on their top coaches they could announce another year.

I don't think it's gonna happen, but who the gently caress knows.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Regnevelc posted:

He won't be extended, but if they already whiffed on their top coaches they could announce another year.

I don't think it's gonna happen, but who the gently caress knows.

Terry Bowden did well at Akron

He also put on like 100 lbs :stare:

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Terry Bowden did well at Akron

He also put on like 100 lbs :stare:

Midwest Bro

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Hey what bowl game is Akron going to this year?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Hey what bowl game is Akron going to this year?

:hfive:

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
A buddy of mine knows folks up in the Michigan AD and such and said that he just heard that Nuss will be named Interim Head Coach.

Looks like I'm about to find out how good his sources are.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Does a team that's not going to a bowl need an interim head coach?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Raku posted:

Dogg - What actions does the HC need to do when not going to a bowl game?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Raku posted:

Probably a title-only thing while assistants do what they can to keep recruits. Dead period doesn't start for another couple weeks and odds are they'll still get paid through either the end of the contracts (if they aren't hired elsewhere) or the end of bowl/playoff season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Raku posted:

I'd assume somebody has to lead recruiting, set priorities for offseason work outs, poo poo like that.

• Locked thread