Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the largest number?
View Results

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
also as a heads up, if you make a lady Fighter their evility's description is wrong, it's actually "+10% damage for every space moved on your turn". also they own, give them a bow and go wild. also giv ethem the Hardworker voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Countblanc posted:

also as a heads up, if you make a lady Fighter their evility's description is wrong, it's actually "+10% damage for every space moved on your turn". also they own, give them a bow and go wild. also giv ethem the Hardworker voice

This is the new type of stuff I like people telling me when I play a new game

Prinnies don't hit 10x per attack anymore which sucks

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

La Pucelle was the game I was playing during my first major depressive episode so I spent about two weeks eating ice cream and making anime bats be friends. Thanks Nippon Ichi, it was a tough time.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What is the deal with random blacksmith characters asking for stuff? Not sure if they only appear in Disgaea 2. I gave him gold bullion and he did not seem to show up after that.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
sometimes you just want gold bullion

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

BKPR posted:

La Pucelle was the game I was playing during my first major depressive episode so I spent about two weeks eating ice cream and making anime bats be friends. Thanks Nippon Ichi, it was a tough time.

LA pucelle has my favorite geo panel system and aside from culotte I like the chars

I like valvatorez so far and I don't k ow why axel's here but I stabbed him a lot

if i play another NIS game after this i'm probably going to do phantom brave because it's a funny game

edit: new thread game:

make a nis game tier list

i wish la pucelle ragnarok had gotten a translation but there's one that's just fugly and bad:

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 30, 2014

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Is Disgaea 4 better than D2? I liked D2 a lot aside from the part where sometimes the game would lock up if anyone cast a spell with a fire animation in it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DoubleDonut posted:

Is Disgaea 4 better than D2? I liked D2 a lot aside from the part where sometimes the game would lock up if anyone cast a spell with a fire animation in it

D2 was my favorite until D4. the Evility system makes units a lot more unique beyond weapon proficiency and the occasional special skill. Valvatorez and Fenrick are fun (though I liked Adell a lot too because hes so corny), and theres no one nearly as gross or boring as Adell's siblings

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Countblanc posted:

D2 was my favorite until D4. the Evility system makes units a lot more unique beyond weapon proficiency and the occasional special skill. Valvatorez and Fenrick are fun (though I liked Adell a lot too because hes so corny), and theres no one nearly as gross or boring as Adell's siblings

Sorry I meant Disgaea D2, not Disgaea 2

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Is stealing ever worth doing without a massive level advantage?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i literally cannot believe they named a game D2

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Countblanc posted:

i literally cannot believe they named a game D2

I mean, wouldn't it be better to just flip a coin than roll that kind of thing?

:3:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

lol

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Doctor Goat posted:

edit: new thread game:

make a nis game tier list

loving rad tier:
soul nomad

pretty cool but clearly made on a budget so it has issues tier:
makai kingdom, disgaea 1, disgaea D2

cute idea executed horribly tier:
phantom brave, cooking fighter hao, rhapsody

belongs in the garbage tier:
everything else

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I do not own Soul Nomad but I own every single other RPG on the PS2......how can this be?!

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I have some complains about phantom brave but I wouldn't say it's horribly executed.
When you find out about the Failure title the game turns into just using it forever.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

darealkooky posted:

loving rad tier:
soul nomad

pretty cool but clearly made on a budget so it has issues tier:
makai kingdom, disgaea 1, disgaea D2

cute idea executed horribly tier:
phantom brave, cooking fighter hao, rhapsody

belongs in the garbage tier:
everything else

Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days isn't in the loving Rad Tier, further cementing the fact that your opinions are loving awful

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like magichange and that got added to dark hero days which is Cool

right now magichanging my catsaber into a gun in disgaea 4 actually makes the wielder significantly weaker :(

i really really like the prinny bow sprite though

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Level up those mons. also a lot of the advantage of magichange is the skills it gives, and later the giant magichange gives you some silly aoe ranges. also prinny bow gives the best skill in the game

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Endorph posted:

the popularity polls are always 90% the pretty boys, the guys get school uniform/swimsuit dlc too, etc

I mean, be fair here. Those dudes are sexy as hell. I'm not a homo but hell, I'd gently caress them.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nihnoz posted:

I mean, be fair here. Those dudes are sexy as hell. I'm not a homo but hell, I'd gently caress them.

Milla is a girl

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
witch and the hundred knight is pretty good

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

The Taint Reaper posted:

Milla is a girl

I only recognize kratos and lloyd. I'm surprised lloyd is there tbh, he was a dumbass.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also Notice that it's Prime Milla that won, not Alternate Milla.

Alternate Milla only existed to have a JRPG reference Terminator 2 for an entire quarter of a game.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Countblanc posted:

Level up those mons. also a lot of the advantage of magichange is the skills it gives, and later the giant magichange gives you some silly aoe ranges. also prinny bow gives the best skill in the game

how good are exp potions? i feel like if they're good it'd be a better way to level dudes who are really far behind

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Mach2 posted:

Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days isn't in the loving Rad Tier, further cementing the fact that your opinions are loving awful

disgaea 2 is the worst disgaea game, disgaea 2: we added some more side quests and DLC that was so glitchy we had to either remove it or release it for free because we're incompetent edition isn't going to change that

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
~300 hours of disagea 2 and not one glitch, except maybe that the music shop won't loving show up never but maybe that's because I pirated the game

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

The Taint Reaper posted:

Milla is a girl

which one is milla. they all look like girls, you see.

Nihnoz posted:

I only recognize kratos and lloyd. I'm surprised lloyd is there tbh, he was a dumbass.

kratos isn't even on there.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

darealkooky posted:

disgaea 2 is the worst disgaea game, disgaea 2: we added some more side quests and DLC that was so glitchy we had to either remove it or release it for free because we're incompetent edition isn't going to change that

holy poo poo

holy loving poo poo

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Concordat posted:

which one is milla. they all look like girls, you see.

kratos isn't even on there.

oh right its that guy from the second world that I never reached because the game was soooo boring.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
sheena was a bababe

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

program666 posted:

~300 hours of disagea 2 and not one glitch, except maybe that the music shop won't loving show up never but maybe that's because I pirated the game
There is a weird glitch with getting a super high view of the map and the Prism Rangers have an animated pose in the town map.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

darealkooky posted:

i'm genuinely amazed at how wrong you are in every single situation

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I like the sprites they make.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'm really glad they've overhauled them but i've liked how consistent their style's been between games, even ones that don't share stuff

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

program666 posted:

in the us version the DLC was full of glitches, like playing obnoxious beep boop sounds instead of having voice acting, having their moves have no range for some reason compared to the jp version and all sorts of ways to make the graphics look hosed up that involve doing basic things like team attacks

so they removed that poo poo from the PSN store really quick, and they did put them back out either for free or way cheaper as a sorry for putting out a blatantly unfinished product. however their awesome fix for the audio glitches was completely removing their audio files. and they didn't actually release all the DLC because they couldn't get it to work

it was just a huge show of incompetence all around from NIS, and besides that what else does the PSP version add that makes it so good when regular disgaea 2 is horrible and full of stuff that makes the grinding several magnitudes more annoying than it already was in the first disgaea and throws the interesting aesthetic that game had into the trash?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

darealkooky posted:

bluhbluh trash garbage

Magichange and Magichange 2.
Pringer X is a bonus boss in the game, fightable sometime after the battle with Baal.
You can now change the combat speed of the game, making Power Grinding go by much faster.
Axel Mode: Play as Axel in an all new mode that shows what happened to him before the events of "Cursed Memories".

and other things the disgaea wiki has

i like eclair's design and she was a fun character in la pucelle. homard is also rad but I think aside from culotte la pucelle has an ownage cast

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

and other things the disgaea wiki has

yeah but none of that stuff fixes fundamental flaws the game has like tink, felonies, waiting 200 years to get all the pirate maps to unlock land of carnage, having to grind through every tier of a class to unlock the next tier and a weak soundtrack/encounter design compared to basically every other disgaea game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

darealkooky posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5QfCgMbqSw

• Locked thread