Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The jump scare didn't get me, but I have like the most stone face I can possibly have right now, I basically became Shinjiro in response to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I hate jump scares. Where is it so I can be properly braced? In spoiler tags is fine.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Prism posted:

I hate jump scares. Where is it so I can be properly braced? In spoiler tags is fine.

no running in the halls.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Prism posted:

Literally everywhere. Floors 3 and 4 are full of them, and they're mainly used to make the room your in a maze. The only saving grace is that Rise or Fuuka will usually go "yo there's something bad in this room be careful."

And then one of them will chase you down and slaughter you so uh, have fun.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

im doing the love potion quest in the second labyrinth.

i don't want to wander around aimlessly, what general area should i look in?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Cake Attack posted:

South east, can't remember the exact block it's in but there's a FOE in the room.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

there should've been a little nook in the dungeon where there was a scene that told you you'd be getting the quest. go back there.

in fact, always mark down places where requests get triggered, because you'll usually need to go back there for them.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

thanks

also do Personas get more hp and sp as they level? i screwed up and made koromaru a persona with 8 less sp than mamudoon costs, so he's losing 8 sp a fight

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Strange Quark posted:

If you wander around enough lost, the characters will end up solving the puzzle for you, but here are some tips.

I did enjoy that for the first puzzle in that dungeon, there's an option to just stare blankly at Naoto until she fully solves it for you.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

thanks

also do Personas get more hp and sp as they level? i screwed up and made koromaru a persona with 8 less sp than mamudoon costs, so he's losing 8 sp a fight

yeah, but it's only 1, maybe 2 per level.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Do you ever get upgrades for your item/persona storage? It's getting kind of annoying having to back out all the time to dump/fuse stuff.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Do you ever get upgrades for your item/persona storage? It's getting kind of annoying having to back out all the time to dump/fuse stuff.

In the dungeon? don't think so

in EO you'd normally be running out of MP when your inventory filled so it wasn't a big deal really

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

drat. It sucks that nearly half of your persona storage is taken up by your squad+navigators. I guess Rise/Fuuka don't really need sub personas, but I like having the extra skills for gathering/battle.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Yeah, the lack of item storage ain't no thang but the Persona spaces are killing me. I think in the main series you'd earn extra Persona wiggle room at key story points or something.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Yeah, the lack of item storage ain't no thang but the Persona spaces are killing me. I think in the main series you'd earn extra Persona wiggle room at key story points or something.

You used to get them each time you'd hit 10 levels. It is annoying though I agree.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Rise and Fuuka don't need sub-Personas, true, but neither do the other characters. Stuff like Purifying Rain, Snake Glare, and Heroic Wind are practically required IMO. Snake Glare especially; this is a game where getting ambushed can mean a TPK before you get a chance to act.

EDIT: I definitely agree that the lack of Persona storage gets a bit irritating, but honestly once you unlock Sacrifice Spread you shouldn't be entering the Labyrinth with any unused Personas and I find that generally my loot storage and Persona storage fill up at a roughly similar time. Of course, I'm using Zen and Rei who don't require a sub-Persona, so that helps.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Manatee Cannon posted:

drat. It sucks that nearly half of your persona storage is taken up by your squad+navigators. I guess Rise/Fuuka don't really need sub personas, but I like having the extra skills for gathering/battle.

When you start getting skill cards, you can just give them some of the Navi abilities you need.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Zurai posted:

Rise and Fuuka don't need sub-Personas, true, but neither do the other characters. Stuff like Purifying Rain, Snake Glare, and Heroic Wind are practically required IMO. Snake Glare especially; this is a game where getting ambushed can mean a TPK before you get a chance to act.

They do if you don't wanna back out of the dungeons every five minutes to refill your SP.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Manatee Cannon posted:

They do if you don't wanna back out of the dungeons every five minutes to refill your SP.

Yes, that was the point I was attempting to make. Your main characters don't require sub-Personas, but they sure as gently caress make the game a lot easier and less tedious. Same with the navigators. You can do without, but it's very questionable (at least until you get the key abilities on skill cards).

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Zurai posted:

I love seeing that "ENEMY ADVANTAGE" followed by "CANCELLED" when Snake Glare kicks off. It's a little gently caress yeah moment every time.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

StarkRavingMad posted:

I love seeing that "ENEMY ADVANTAGE" followed by "CANCELLED" when Snake Glare kicks off. It's a little gently caress yeah moment every time.

it even works when foes attack you from the back/sides, which is awesome.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Why yes, I did just buy a Growth 1 accessory for everyone in reserve, spending all of my money, even though I will probably never use most of them.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Literally everywhere. Floors 3 and 4 are full of them, and they're mainly used to make the room your in a maze. The only saving grace is that Rise or Fuuka will usually go "yo there's something bad in this room be careful."

And then one of them will chase you down and slaughter you so uh, have fun.

Those floors of which dungeon?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Prism posted:

Those floors of which dungeon?

Dungeon 3. It fits thematically considering it's a haunted house

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm lost in the third floor of the second stratum. I can't go through the locked door, but as far as i can tell i've explored the rest of the floor.

any help?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Dungeon 3. It fits thematically considering it's a haunted house

Ah, that'd do it. Thanks!

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

I'm lost in the third floor of the second stratum. I can't go through the locked door, but as far as i can tell i've explored the rest of the floor.

any help?

not sure what to tell you, it should've unlocked once you finished all three question rooms.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

not sure what to tell you, it should've unlocked once you finished all three question rooms.

okay i only have two done so i guess that's my problem. I have the one in C3 and another in C4

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh my god i drew a wall where there was a door

if i were exploring a real labyrinth my shoddy mapping skills would be the death of us all

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Cake Attack posted:

oh my god i drew a wall where there was a door

I did this a few times in the EO games and I kept getting stuck because of my own mistakes. :argh:

Does Tempest Slash have a high crit rate? I have that on Kanji and :stare:.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Dr. Fetus posted:

I did this a few times in the EO games and I kept getting stuck because of my own mistakes. :argh:

Each hit has the normal crit rate as far as I know, but three hits means three chances to crit.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Dr. Fetus posted:

My current Kanji "Pain Train" Tatsumi has an Ose with Matarukaja, Critical Eye, Tempest Slash, Toxic Slice, Fang Smash and Impure Reach. Should probably swap either Aigis or Yukiko for Naoto and go to town. Might axe Yukiko because... really, I don't need that much healing, my P4MC has Media and I'm sure I can fuse Mediarama onto something.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, everyone's been pretty on point with the jokes in the third dungeon.

"I will not, be outdone, in robotic speech patterns."

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

KANJI SMASH

Runic Shield is reasonably useful; this may be a good support/back persona

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lunar Suite posted:

My current Kanji "Pain Train" Tatsumi has an Ose with Matarukaja, Critical Eye, Tempest Slash, Toxic Slice, Fang Smash and Impure Reach. Should probably swap either Aigis or Yukiko for Naoto and go to town. Might axe Yukiko because... really, I don't need that much healing, my P4MC has Media and I'm sure I can fuse Mediarama onto something.

Kanji's been pretty great with Warrior Title, Shinkuuha, and Power Charge for me so far. Even one hit is twice as much as my best from anyone else. I think my team kinda sucks though, Aigis and Yukari in particular are not pulling their weight but it doesn't matter much. I've kept that bow with a silence proc on Yukari and pray for crits with my MC so I can use Lunar Blessing and become completely untouchable. Naoto ends all random encounters before they can begin and Kanji does at least half of every FOE's health in damage by himself, but besides them? Eh, it works alright.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Lunar Suite posted:

Using Kanji for poison is a waste, particularly since he misses so frequently.

I've got an Ares with Shura Tensei (infinite-length self-buff that seems to basically double attack power, at the cost of about 50% HP per turn), Warrior Title (passive +crit buff), Power Charge, Shinkuuha (2 Almighty melee attacks on one target), Resseiha (1-5 Almighty melee attacks randomly on all targets), and Flame Link. He's also got Matarukaja, Assault Shot, and Bestial Roar on his main Persona.

Things absolutely evaporate when he punches them. Warrior Title is way more awesome than you'd imagine, because melee crits are the only way Kanji can reliably use Shura Tensei and Power Charge. He needs Boost to get those buffs out, but when he's got them, wow.

quote:

Aigis and Yukari in particular are not pulling their weight but it doesn't matter much. I've kept that bow with a silence proc on Yukari and pray for crits with my MC so I can use Lunar Blessing and become completely untouchable. Naoto ends all random encounters before they can begin and Kanji does at least half of every FOE's health in damage by himself, but besides them? Eh, it works alright.

Aigis is a great tank with Pain-Eater. Put her in the back row, use Pain-Eater, then Body Shield the front row and let the attacks bounce off her. I'm in the same boat with Yukari though, pure casters seem pretty bad in this game. They need to hop on the Boost train or they'll run out of SP in a few rounds, and even if there's a weakness they can exploit, they can't match the raw damage of the Phys attackers. And Phys attackers can ride the Boost train anyway with the various elemental phys attacks. I'm thinking of having Naoto be the dedicated heal/support character for long battles and swapping Yukari out for Chie or someone else who hits like a sack of bricks. Maybe Shinjiro?

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 2, 2014

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Yukiko's troll personality has won me over, particularly her stuff in the 3rd dungeon. I wish they had her more like this in P4 itself.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Anyone wants the skill that lets you regain SP when you walk?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

At what point do you even unlock the compendium and/or ability to use the QR codes? Granted I don't have as much time to play as I'd like so I'm still inthe first labyrinth...

Maybe the OP should gather all these QR codes and put them into the first post or collect them into an imgur album?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Aigis is a great tank with Pain-Eater. Put her in the back row, use Pain-Eater, then Body Shield the front row and let the attacks bounce off her. I'm in the same boat with Yukari though, pure casters seem pretty bad in this game. They need to hop on the Boost train or they'll run out of SP in a few rounds, and even if there's a weakness they can exploit, they can't match the raw damage of the Phys attackers. And Phys attackers can ride the Boost train anyway with the various elemental phys attacks. I'm thinking of having Naoto be the dedicated heal/support character for long battles and swapping Yukari out for Chie or someone else who hits like a sack of bricks. Maybe Shinjiro?

I don't have Pain-Eater yet, but honestly I can't see how it'd be better than Lunar Blessing. Somewhat useful for enemies that attack twice a turn, but still. My solution has been to fuse her a Pyro Jack using Kaguya and Ares to get some good skills on her while maintaining her resistances. Adsorb Fire from Jack and Resist Elec from the Ares Kanji is using (I know he already resists that, it's fusion fodder for later stuff since I have two people weak to it) is pretty nice. I just wish I could have transfered Warrior Title or Lunar Blessing, but you can't have everything I guess.

• Locked thread