Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I mean, I wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
The more changes we make... that you don't see or get to use... gently caress you!!

gently caress YOU!!

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000
During this time of Thanksgiving, I am most thankful for the shitposts in this thread. Sometimes I see the post count go up and load up the thread and there are serious posts and few shitposts, and me and baby jesus and our manger of turkeys cry.

Maybe in a few daysweeksyears there will be a real content update post, and for a while there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth at the suppression of shitposts as everyone froths about the new advanced paper airplane flight physics which let you poke out an enemy's eye using up only all of your energy. Thankfully that time will pass by quickly and this thread will again decay for years, as god intended. I hope that, by then, the team starts and abandons another game, so we can have two threads to shitpost concurrently - and it will herald a new era of faggotry, an era that I dearly look forward to.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

That Castlevania tweet is from two years ago, by the way. There was a three-page thread on the Starbound forums shortly after that consisted almost entirely of "never played it"

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dandywalken posted:

The winner was a poo poo monster.

If it wasnt the poo poo monster, I'm gonna pretend it was because God drat.

Wasn't the winner literally a pokemon?

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
This thread is and has always been basically a revival of that "Safe place to talk about how much you hate cis white males" thread that turned the Games forum into an utter shithole for months afterward. So check your privilege right into killing yourself, penis-having rapist.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
I’m afraid this motion has nothing to do with conquering the gender binary or whatever Tumblr is really happy about to be reblogging it so heavily. It’s not about making little children feel like they can get whichever toy they prefer. It’d be nice if it was, but I’d be shocked if that was the case.

No, the girl toy here is a My Little Pony. Which means that the *real* reason for this notice is that a bunch of bronies, as there are bajillions of photos and videos of them doing, are coming into fast food restaurants and buying several happy meals. They threw pissy fits when asked if they wanted the “boy or girl” toy, insisting that My Little Pony isn’t for girls or whatever, again, only saying this because of overwhelming evidence that bronies do this poo poo. Management eventually has enough of it, asks employees to just ask if people want Skylanders or My Little Pony so they won’t have any more disgusted bronies getting mad that their precious fandom is targeted at crappy dumb little girls.

So the short version is: this little paper unfortunately means the exact opposite of what you think it means, socially speaking. It was put up because grown-rear end men get all pissy when it’s suggested that they like a thing for girls.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Rrussom posted:

I’m afraid this motion has nothing to do with conquering the gender binary or whatever Tumblr is really happy about to be reblogging it so heavily. It’s not about making little children feel like they can get whichever toy they prefer. It’d be nice if it was, but I’d be shocked if that was the case.

No, the girl toy here is a My Little Pony. Which means that the *real* reason for this notice is that a bunch of bronies, as there are bajillions of photos and videos of them doing, are coming into fast food restaurants and buying several happy meals. They threw pissy fits when asked if they wanted the “boy or girl” toy, insisting that My Little Pony isn’t for girls or whatever, again, only saying this because of overwhelming evidence that bronies do this poo poo. Management eventually has enough of it, asks employees to just ask if people want Skylanders or My Little Pony so they won’t have any more disgusted bronies getting mad that their precious fandom is targeted at crappy dumb little girls.

So the short version is: this little paper unfortunately means the exact opposite of what you think it means, socially speaking. It was put up because grown-rear end men get all pissy when it’s suggested that they like a thing for girls.

You see, this is what Starbound's all about.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Afraid of Audio posted:

You see, this is what Starbound's all about.

hosed up if true.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

"And there were in the same country shepherds, abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them! And they were sore afraid ... And the angel said unto them, "I was posting updates and stuff, but yeah. Honestly, it takes like three seconds to type playstarbound.com into your internet browser, but even easier to endlessly post every day for months about a game you're trying to fool people into believing you're not interested in. "

"That's what Starbound is all about, Charlie Brown." - Linus Van Pelt

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Ah Starbound, I still have very very very vivid memories of the day I got mine. I was living in Texas and had gotten my copy from saving up every penny I had for months and months, until I ended up getting it after all my friends had one . So I declared that I would get mine on release day, but was short by about half, and I wanted my beta damnit. Luckly Fate gave me an option, in my testicles.

I woke up the day before it was to be released and noticed my left testicle had grown to the side of almost two oranges, I had been, I think, around the age of 10 or 11 now, so I didn't know what the gently caress. I was young, so my testicles were mysterious balls that contained pee-pee, I didn't care too much. So I ignored it until launch day. Bam, launch day, it came out and I showed my mother the half I had saved and begged for her to match it. No luck, I tried crying, threatening the cat, car, house, and my sister. At that point, I would've done anything to get it, suddenly I felt a surge of pain coming from my no-no area.

Quick peek down and I noticed my ball had grown even bigger, red and was hurting now. So I seized the opportunity and dropped my pants. My mother screamed, "What are you do--- oh god jesus lets get you to the hospital", I shook my head. "Not until I get my copy". She laughed, "You can't be serious", oh but I was, I ran up stairs and hid like a ninja, until she gave in. "Ok ok we'll pick it up on the way back", later I would regret this but I said it had to be before. I think she nearly poo poo a brick that I would risk my balls, but she agreed and we hurried the gently caress up, she grabbed a steam gift card and ripped through the line to get it. I was then rushed to the emergency room, I was then informed that I would have to loose the testicle, if I had gotten there sooner in the day I would've been able to keep it. Now I look back and flick my plastic testicle and think if it was worth it, I don't know, but my mother still has the Steam Account, mint condition, Login Information, and all my games as a reminder that she'll take my balls away if I ever blackmail her again.

I miss lefty.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Chucklefish has used money of the early access to buy a office and move their crew over. I Bought/Invested in Starbound not Chucklefish. This poo poo has not been transparent at all and they just went on with it. Why not FINISH the game THEN use ur PROFITS to move. Not your investor money for Starbound. They used our trust in early access and poo poo all over it by using money for development for the gain of the company and NOT the game. Thats my issue i have with this. Also people forget they got crowdfunded like a million aswell and have not even added all promised starter content (fossils/archeologie for example). Keep backing up the devs and then after 6 months you will turn like a leaf in the wind and blame the devs while you could of pointed it out way earlier.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Nice quote. But seriously you can't just feed bills into a programmer to get a game out. (you at least have to put in caffeine as well) What, official starbound forums poster, should they do with those extra millions of dollars that just sit around stagnant?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
i used to post updates

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Crimson Harvest posted:

Nice quote. But seriously you can't just feed bills into a programmer to get a game out. (you at least have to put in caffeine as well) What, official starbound forums poster, should they do with those extra millions of dollars that just sit around stagnant?

Clearly not help fund those things they're publishing, that's what further crowdfunding is for

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
If you're not excited for more midi instruments, you're as wrong as you are corpulent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG-SYBzaWeM

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Tell me about the ocean biomes, George.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Crimson Harvest posted:

Roll up their Wacky Tabaccy with the extra money and smoke it.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Hello supernorn in like one nightly release there were playable penguins or maybe that was just some leftover idiot mod that was laying around in my folder, either way will they make a return?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Ernie Muppari posted:

i used to post updates

Honestly it takes like three seconds to type playstarbound into youtbhurgtb bbthhtthhrhththtbtth

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

Honestly it takes like three seconds to type playstarbound into youtbhurgtb bbthhtthhrhththtbtth

It makes me happy that this is a thing now.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Hey has this stupid loving game updated since they lied about the artist leaving and then didn't update it for months upon months?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Hey has this stupid loving game updated since they lied about the artist leaving and then didn't update it for months upon months?

There's been a lot of development on nightly builds but no stable updates.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

There's been a lot of development on nightly builds but no stable updates.

Game is dead cancel christmas

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The update is any day now.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Starbound is that famous photo of the starving african baby crawling toward a food camp while a vulture watches.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

boo_radley posted:

If you're not excited for more midi instruments, you're as wrong as you are corpulent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG-SYBzaWeM

Can you actually play the instruments yet? As in, hit keys and make notes come out, instead of just downloading a lovely midi copy of whatever dumb meme song is popular right now?

That's all I want. Lord of the Rings Online has spoiled me as far as ABC notation is concerned.

E: glowy trees look nice at least

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

I would like to suggest musical instruments helping plants to grow. That would be nice.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I would like to suggest making exploration and treasure hunting fun

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I'd suggest not telling people your artist didn't leave while the artist posts that they left.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

I'd suggest not telling people your artist didn't leave while the artist posts that they left.
Maybe they were confused. Maybe they thought that instead of asking if that one particular artist left, you were actually asking if the game would ever deliver on its promises of progression, questing, meaningful equipment, rewarding exploration, and emergent gameplay. So of course in a rare moment of lucidity they said no.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What artist left, the one that used to post in this thread?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Blackheart posted:

Bartwe. He didn't join the rest in the move to the UK.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Mokinokaro posted:

Bartwe. He didn't join the rest in the move to the UK.

Bartwe was a programmer. Rho (who was indeed one of the devs who used to post in the thread) was the artist.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Wasn't Rho still on the Roadmap?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Up til August they still had the old development team page with all the people who left or got fired on it. People like Legris (fired), Rho (quit), Bartwe (quit), Solatrus (?), Fetalstar (was she even a paid employee?), Tastycrumpet (quit in February 2014? Listed as former staff, first member on the forums, probably the guy who made the website who quit), Archvince (who?), and thefluvirus (who?).

If you want to see what I'm talking about Web Archive has a snapshot of the chucklefuck website: http://web.archive.org/web/20140626100803/http://www.chucklefish.org/

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 2, 2014

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Party Plane Jones posted:

Up til August they still had the old development team page with all the people who left or got fired on it. People like Legris (fired), Rho (quit), Bartwe (quit), Solatrus (?), Fetalstar (was she even a paid employee?), Tastycrumpet (quit in February 2014? Listed as former staff, first member on the forums, probably the guy who made the website who quit), Archvince (who?), and thefluvirus (who?).

Hahaa gently caress me and also gently caress everyone who paid for this we're all dumb idiots

Did they ever make the keys bind able properly like a modern computer game or not

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

StarCitizenbound

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm not sure why out of everything about the game the website lagging behind on updating who's on the dev team is somehow the tipping point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Blackheart posted:

Was it the one who designed the bird race? If not, I couldn't really give two shits.

• Locked thread