Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013
That's the one! Thanks! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Never saw it but I heard about this movie where people are at an interview for a really awesome job, but there's no interview. It's all this big puzzle where they're stuck in this room and don't know what to do. I think there were a bunch of rules like they weren't allowed to talk or maybe just not ask questions and everyone started going crazy.

Hibernator
Aug 14, 2011

That's Exam.

Badluck
Jan 5, 2009

Badluck posted:

I'm looking for the title of an obscure film that was either direct to DVD or made for TV (possibly sci-fi channel) involving a Army base in the desert that is being decommissioned and all of it's chemical/biological weapons removed. There's a forgotten room in the bottom of a bunker that contains mutated cells that absorb all forms of energy to reproduce endlessly. These cells were created by a former Soviet scientist who was trying to create the ultimate biological weapon. One of the scientist's descendants (grandson maybe) helps the Army guys discover this room, letting loose the surviving cells and they eventually expand to cover the entire base. The cells are hostile to everything but the scientist's descendant which is used as a plot device to fight back using his blood.

I think it had a really generic title which may be why I can't remember the name. The film was made in the 2000's. Thanks and good luck!

If anyone cares I finally found the movie title: Living Hell/Organizm. It premiered on the Sci-Fi Channel in 2008 and seems to have completely vanished since then. Here's the Wikipedia entry for it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Hell_%28film%29

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I saw a film on VHS around the late 1990s; thinking back on it at first I thought it was SLC Punk, but looking at the IMDB summary that doesn't seem right. I tried googling what I recall of it, to no avail.

- It was overall about some suburban teens and their general attempts at rejecting their conformist life, escapism, etc.
- The girlfriend of the protagonist was trying to be a slam poet, and I recall her chanting "I can dance a jig/ you fascist pig" while dancing around
- At one point the girlfriend is hollering at her boyfriend in front of the other main cast, about how pathetic their suburban life is, with some line is "I'm sick of loving in your garage while your parents are out at the Sizzler"
- One of the characters midway through was a slightly older friend who'd been in the military, who ranted about immigrants and "I've been over there, I've seen how lovely they live" and he ends up confronting/attacking the Pakistani gas station clerk who yells at them for hanging out by his store.

Any ideas?

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

- At one point the girlfriend is hollering at her boyfriend in front of the other main cast, about how pathetic their suburban life is, with some line is "I'm sick of loving in your garage while your parents are out at the Sizzler"

Any ideas?

That quote is absolutely from SubUrbia.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

MrGreenShirt posted:

That quote is absolutely from SubUrbia.

Awesome, that it is indeed! I guess this means I haven't seen SLC Punk and now need to do so.

Found the line in question:

quote:

Why should I stay here, Jeff? So we can sit on the corner and watch the lights change, while you bitch about Burnfield? So I can spend the rest of my life guessing what it would be like to be a real artist? So you and I can gently caress while your parents are out having dinner at
the Sizzler? What are we doing, Jeff? You and me?

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Dec 1, 2014

Mudfly
Jun 10, 2012
This film I saw in the 90s or early 2000s, (it may have been a 70s or 80s flick though) had a scene where some guy broke another guy's finger and killed him. The guy who broke the other guys finger was a central character and a bit of a psycho, I think.

I have really vague memories, but I think someone was onto the fact he didn't just mean to hurt the guy's hand, he meant to kill him. It may have been in an airport. I thought the film starred Mickey Rourke but I went through him on imdb and found nothing. The character's name might have been a Mickey. The letter M figures in my memory, the film could have been set in Miami.

Please help this is driving me mad.

Edit: Pretty sure I just found it after searching for years for movies with actors or stars named Mickey... It was "Miami Blues".

Mudfly fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Dec 1, 2014

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Mudfly posted:

This film I saw in the 90s or early 2000s, (it may have been a 70s or 80s flick though) had a scene where some guy broke another guy's finger and killed him. The guy who broke the other guys finger was a central character and a bit of a psycho, I think.

I have really vague memories, but I think someone was onto the fact he didn't just mean to hurt the guy's hand, he meant to kill him. It may have been in an airport. I thought the film starred Mickey Rourke but I went through him on imdb and found nothing. The character's name might have been a Mickey. The letter M figures in my memory, the film could have been set in Miami.

Edit: Pretty sure I just found it after searching for years for movies with actors or stars named Mickey... It was "Miami Blues".

Miami Blues??
Was it a Krishna at the airport??

Good book by the way.
Whoops, missed the last comment.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Horror movie IDs please:

1) early to mid 80s (possibly late 70s). Crazed killer escapes from asylum. The scene I remember has a cute nameless girl step out of a camping trailer, and the killer smacks her in the back of the head with a hammer. She whimpers for a moment with the hammer stuck in her head and then collapses.

The killer wasn't any of the "big" multi-sequel killers from the 80s. He was just a tall gnarly looking fella. Any guesses?

2) Late 80s to early 90s. In the first scene, there is a pair of young twin brothers (10 or so) at a drive in movie. One of the twins murders a couple in another car, then blames his brother for the crime. The innocent brother is institutionalized and then decades later the evil twin is able to commit more crimes and get away with it because nobody suspects him.

The Macaroni fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 2, 2014

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

The Macaroni posted:

2) Late 80s to early 90s. In the first scene, there is a pair of young twin brothers (10 or so) at a drive in movie. One of the twins murders a couple in another car, then blames his brother for the crime. The innocent brother is institutionalized and then decades later the evil twin is able to commit more crimes and get away with it because nobody suspects him.

Blood Rage, from 1987.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Yup, thanks!

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
I'm trying to remember the name of psychological horror/thriller I saw a few years back and was wondering if you fine folks could help me.

It was a Russian film, or possibly Ukrainian, about a group of Russian soldiers being sent into Chechnya near the border to dismantle landmines after the Chechen War in the mid-90's. The soldiers happen across a bombed-out factory in their patrols and find an odd man (who may or may not be the devil) in a walled-off room. There was also a young woman involved, whose home the soldiers eventually set up their base in. Slowly everything goes to poo poo, with the soldiers dying off one-by-one and other assorted weird things happening, and no one is sure if the odd man from the factory is the source of it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Horns fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Dec 5, 2014

Mojave
Jun 1, 2006
Leave, and never darken my towels again
Okay this was a movie that came out last year, it was a supernatural/romcom starring comedic actors. I only watched the trailer so sorry if this isn't terribly specific but it was about a couple trying to save their marriage so they go to a therapist who suggests they go to a house for a weekend. They get there and some weird alternate reality stuff happens. That's all I really know, I think it was a independent film

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mojave posted:

Okay this was a movie that came out last year, it was a supernatural/romcom starring comedic actors. I only watched the trailer so sorry if this isn't terribly specific but it was about a couple trying to save their marriage so they go to a therapist who suggests they go to a house for a weekend. They get there and some weird alternate reality stuff happens. That's all I really know, I think it was a independent film

Probably The One I Love

Fixed. I do not know how to computer so good

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 6, 2014

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Try again

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Volume posted:

There was a movie with a bunch of pathetic slackers who's lives were going nowhere and they didn't seem to mind. One of them was really obsessed with the fact that the cheese stands alone.

I know it's a month later, but this is Scorched

Mojave
Jun 1, 2006
Leave, and never darken my towels again

Opopanax posted:

Probably [andurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_One_I_Love_(film)]The One I Love[/url]

Fixed. I do not know how to computer so good

That was it, I remembered Ted Danson was in it and imdb'd it

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Mudfly posted:

Thanks for that - I've been meaning to post about that very scene. I always thought it was from Manhunter which I would have seen around the same time.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

This might have been a book or something, it's pretty fuzzy.
All I remember is a character who is incapable of dreaming but wants to dream, what the hell is that from?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

JebanyPedal posted:

This might have been a book or something, it's pretty fuzzy.
All I remember is a character who is incapable of dreaming but wants to dream, what the hell is that from?

The City of Lost Children.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wtf, no idea how I couldn't remember that, thanks.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I saw just the one scene before changing the channel, but I seem to remember the film having a late-80s/early-90s look to it. The scene takes place on a college or high school campus, and a male student is being chased by another, the other one carrying a gun. They get to the front of some building and the the one being chased is shot. A female student screams as she is sprayed by what we think is blood, but it turns out that it's just a paintball gun and the guys were just screwing around. The woman is pissed off about getting red paint on her shirt.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Detective Thompson posted:

I saw just the one scene before changing the channel, but I seem to remember the film having a late-80s/early-90s look to it. The scene takes place on a college or high school campus, and a male student is being chased by another, the other one carrying a gun. They get to the front of some building and the the one being chased is shot. A female student screams as she is sprayed by what we think is blood, but it turns out that it's just a paintball gun and the guys were just screwing around. The woman is pissed off about getting red paint on her shirt.

Gotcha!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089222/

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I have been trying for years to remember this movie. It is three long scenes each shot in a single continuous take, chronicling the three times two people who met online meet in real life. Plot spoilers: they are meeting to commit murder/suicide together and fall in love but kill themselves anyway

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Commit.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Thanks!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Holy poo poo thank you!

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie with Pierre Richard where he glued or stapled his furniture to avoid confiscation. Anyone?

e: looks like I asked the same thing here before, but unsuccessfully

Shy fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 10, 2014

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

This is probably going to be a challenging one since it was clearly a made-for-TV movie that I only caught the end of.

From what I could gather, the premise of the movie involved an elite American soldier or special agent trying to foil a terrorist plot in New York or something. The big reveal is that the people behind the plot were actually people in the national security establishment, trying to whip up fear in order to mobilize the country against "actual" terrorists in the Middle East. The big fight at the end of the movie is between the hero, who I think was slightly older than most action heroes but had a bulky build, and the woman behind the plot. They fight in a ridiculous attempt at stylization with all kinds of gun-kata stuff and I believe some bullet dodging. I think the fight was under a big bridge or highway in New York, because there were a lot of concrete pillars and stuff around. The villain lady also gives a speech about how the country needs to unite against the common enemy or something, and mentions how great things were right after 9/11. And then after the hero kills the bad lady, his mentor tries to coax him into returning to his job as a special agent (I guess maybe he was retired?) but he decides not to.

It was all very cheesy and bad and hilarious, and it seemed to have been made in the last few years based on the visual effects and subject matter. Really hoping someone knows B movies well and can help me out here :3:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Davish Krail posted:

This is probably going to be a challenging one since it was clearly a made-for-TV movie that I only caught the end of.

From what I could gather, the premise of the movie involved an elite American soldier or special agent trying to foil a terrorist plot in New York or something. The big reveal is that the people behind the plot were actually people in the national security establishment, trying to whip up fear in order to mobilize the country against "actual" terrorists in the Middle East. The big fight at the end of the movie is between the hero, who I think was slightly older than most action heroes but had a bulky build, and the woman behind the plot. They fight in a ridiculous attempt at stylization with all kinds of gun-kata stuff and I believe some bullet dodging. I think the fight was under a big bridge or highway in New York, because there were a lot of concrete pillars and stuff around. The villain lady also gives a speech about how the country needs to unite against the common enemy or something, and mentions how great things were right after 9/11. And then after the hero kills the bad lady, his mentor tries to coax him into returning to his job as a special agent (I guess maybe he was retired?) but he decides not to.

It was all very cheesy and bad and hilarious, and it seemed to have been made in the last few years based on the visual effects and subject matter. Really hoping someone knows B movies well and can help me out here :3:

It didn't have any recognizable stars right? I haven't seen it but the description reminds me of the Manchurian Candidate remake, though less the gun kata and more the false flag inside job truthy stuff

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Alan Smithee posted:

It didn't have any recognizable stars right? I haven't seen it but the description reminds me of the Manchurian Candidate remake, though less the gun kata and more the false flag inside job truthy stuff
It definitely was a bunch of no-names, at least as far as who I recognized. The hero who's presumably supposed to be tough and sexy looks like he was in his mid-40s, and the girl he got at the end was also at least 40, which would never happen in a Hollywood movie. This was like a SyFy Channel movie, but I have no idea if it actually did air on SyFy, because I don't live in the US. But it was definitely an American (or possibly Canadian, though I doubt it) movie.

e: I should say I've scoured Wikipedia and TV Tropes for a list of movies produced by SyFy, as well as for movies featuring gun kata and bullet dodging elements but haven't found it yet, it's likely nobody will be able to find it unless they actively seek out those "10 film DVD pack" things from Target :)

e2: Ah I found it myself, it's "Ballistica" and it is an Asylum picture after all!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1319699/

It was really bad if you like B movies!

Cognac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 14, 2014

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I have one I've been wondering about for a while- saw it in probably 97-98 and while I think it was some Sy-Fy-esque movie of the week thing, it may have been a Twilight Zone/Ray Bradbury Theater spot. I think the main idea was similar to Imposter in that I'm pretty sure it was a man who discovers he's not really human. Either way it's a human looking robot. The only part I distinctly remember was at the end: it's him and a professor/doctor and there's a bomb about to go off. The other guy is like "for the love of god disarm it!" (or something like that) and roboman replies "but professor, I'm an athiest!" and lets it go off. I can't for the life of me remember anything else but that poorly recalled scene.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

thunderspanks posted:

I have one I've been wondering about for a while- saw it in probably 97-98 and while I think it was some Sy-Fy-esque movie of the week thing, it may have been a Twilight Zone/Ray Bradbury Theater spot. I think the main idea was similar to Imposter in that I'm pretty sure it was a man who discovers he's not really human. Either way it's a human looking robot. The only part I distinctly remember was at the end: it's him and a professor/doctor and there's a bomb about to go off. The other guy is like "for the love of god disarm it!" (or something like that) and roboman replies "but professor, I'm an athiest!" and lets it go off. I can't for the life of me remember anything else but that poorly recalled scene.

Not 100% on the ending but that may be Suspect Device

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
A few years ago me dad told me about a movie he watched when he was stationed in Iraq back in '02. He said it was the stupidest movie he's ever seen, and he thought it was Australian. He said there was a scene where guys drove a car up or down stairs, and there may have been a fishbowl involved.

If anyone could figure out what movie he saw based on my memories of the little he remembered, that would blow my mind.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

I'm having hazy memories of a guy in desperation crying out something like, "just let me keep/have this one thing". Did that happen in "The Fisher King"?

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Opopanax posted:

Not 100% on the ending but that may be Suspect Device

Hahaha I can't find any clips online but I found plot spoilers on some b-movie fan site and I'm pretty sure this is it! Dude has a nuclear bomb inside him!
Thanks man

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009
A few years ago me dad told me about a movie he watched when he was stationed in Iraq back in '02. He said it was the stupidest movie he's ever seen, and he thought it was Australian. He said there was a scene where guys drove a car up or down stairs, and there may have been a fishbowl involved.

If anyone could figure out what movie he saw based on my memories of the little he remembered, that would blow my mind.

Malcolm??

1986 movie.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

SkunkDuster posted:

I'm having hazy memories of a guy in desperation crying out something like, "just let me keep/have this one thing". Did that happen in "The Fisher King"?

I'm not sure if it happens in the that, but something pretty similar happens in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Derek of the Andes posted:

Malcolm??

1986 movie.

I doubt that's it. The thing that the movie had for sure was a scene were people tried driving a car up stairs. The movie might not even be Australian, he just thought it was. I don't even know why he thought it was Australian.

Didn't know there was a movie made about Brother Jonathan, though.