Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'm having weird framerate issues in GTA but it does not sound normal so I guess it is just me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
This gif is going to be better than the show isn't it :negative:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It's hard to imagine the show could be so bad as to not be as "good" as that gif.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a sucker for terrible gifs.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GTA5 is just so boring in the middle missions. I got into this in the main thread but there's no real driving plot in the game, it's just "do a bunch of missions for assholes". You're not trying to do kill a main guy or anything. I'm around the part where I stopped in PS3 and just have no drive to do anymore (When you get to the movie studio)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

What show? What's HAPPENING.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Abu Dave posted:

GTA5 is just so boring in the middle missions. I got into this in the main thread but there's no real driving plot in the game, it's just "do a bunch of missions for assholes". You're not trying to do kill a main guy or anything. I'm around the part where I stopped in PS3 and just have no drive to do anymore (When you get to the movie studio)

Welcome to every GTA ever. (I still love and play the poo poo out of them but the middles always seem to drag)

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Obsurveyor posted:

Welcome to every GTA ever. (I still love and play the poo poo out of them but the middles always seem to drag)

GTA 4 was the worst about this. The story starts off promising, then it tanks, then you get a fun bank robbing mission, then it tanks and never picks back up.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Obsurveyor posted:

Yepm no matter how good a GTA I get bored after a few hours. And I hate driving in games.

Glad I resisted buying when all the glowing reviews happened. Maybe I'll game fly it eventually.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
For some reason Rockstar always has to make their games 30 hours long and it's never a good thing.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Abu Dave posted:

Really, isn't this an issue in every single GTA game? There's a big chunk of the game where there's just nothing really happening plotwise and you're just doing missions, your enemies just disappear from the game for a while until the story decides to remember they exist, and you're just kinda treading water and doing stuff. It happens consistently.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I liked GTA V and actually finished it though. Older GTAs are terrible because of the lack of mission checkpoints and something always manages to go wrong that isn't your fault

Also, speaking of which, holy poo poo is the diamond thing confusing in GTA 4.

blackguy32 fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 2, 2014

crackton
May 9, 2009
Is the Game of Thrones Telltale game up yet? I've been looking at the store from my phone and haven't come across it not even in upcoming games. I'd like to have it downloaded and ready by the time I get home as the latest in a series of ill advised impulse video game purchases I've made in the last week.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

EC posted:

During 30 some-odd hours, I only saw those problems a couple of times, otherwise it was flawless. It's hard to argue with a game that looks that good 99% of the time. I only messed with the online stuff for about 10 minutes, though, so maybe it's more apparent there.

I don't know how someone could call GTA5 on PS4 flawless as much as I love it. The amount of texture pop in, lighting pop in weirdness, flickery things due to lack of aa, etc is jarring as gently caress. I had a lot higher expectations which could be why I am noticing it so much. For example when you are driving through the pretty new fields of grass, the grass just expands super obviously like 20 feet in front of you. I would almost rather not have the grass. At the same time I have been playing FC4 the last few days and I haven't noticed nearly the amount of lovely pop in and texture weirdness, and this is a Ubisoft game.

rally fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 2, 2014

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Bombadilillo posted:

Yepm no matter how good a GTA I get bored after a few hours. And I hate driving in games.

Glad I resisted buying when all the glowing reviews happened. Maybe I'll game fly it eventually.

I usually agree but GTA5 was the first one I played all the way through instead of getting bored 5 hours in.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
Anyone like me and waiting for our new PSN games (this being the first Tuesday of the month), wanted to re-post this from that helpful dude Feenix..

quote:

When there isn't a hacking catastrophe or other network apocalypse, the store update goes like this (In PST)

Some games release (preordered) at 9pm the night prior.

Some at Midnight.

Some games go up around 10am PST, but may not have their PLUS discounts/free-ness applied until 2pm.

Demos and all else tend to go up at or just before 2pm.

Lookin' to get into the Injustice and maybe whatever the other one was.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

blackguy32 posted:

I liked GTA V and actually finished it though. Older GTAs are terrible because of the lack of mission checkpoints and something always manages to go wrong that isn't your fault

Also, speaking of which, holy poo poo is the diamond thing confusing in GTA 4.

GTA 4 was the first one I actually finished, but I finished 5 too. I dunno, maybe I'm just weird, but they're more fun to slog through than the earlier ones I think. :shrug:

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Bass Bottles posted:

For some reason Rockstar always has to make their games 30 hours long and it's never a good thing.

Mostly because people will whine and complain if it isn't 30 hours long (but still complain about the game being padded). Lots of people poo poo on Infamous:Second Son for being 12-ish hours, moaning it was 'too short'.

I guarantee if GTA6 was 'only' 15 hours but with zero filler and exciting the whole time people would freak the hell out and call it a rip-off.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Second Son wasn't 12 hours, more like 5-6

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If you just do all the story missions without any of the side stuff, sure. It's longer than that for most people, imo.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

big mean giraffe posted:

I usually agree but GTA5 was the first one I played all the way through instead of getting bored 5 hours in.

Really? I'll defiantly game fly or borrow it at some point then. I want to give a break from playing a proper shooter (far cry) to playing that because I hear the fps controls are weird.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bombadilillo posted:

Really? I'll defiantly game fly or borrow it at some point then. I want to give a break from playing a proper shooter (far cry) to playing that because I hear the fps controls are weird.

GTA V actually reminded me a lot of Far Cry 3 when I played it the first time on 360, though I think that had more to do with the fact that you could buy and pimp out shitloads of guns. Most of them silenced. The FPS controls as they default are definitely kind of weird, but worth getting used to. I actually stopped using the classic FPS layout and I think the game's better for it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Heads up. Secret Ponchos is up on the store... shows as 14.99 but if you go through to your cart and check out it comes up free (for Plus.)

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Dewgy posted:

GTA 4 was the first one I actually finished, but I finished 5 too. I dunno, maybe I'm just weird, but they're more fun to slog through than the earlier ones I think. :shrug:

I had to cheat to finish GTA 4, it was so drat boring and terrible. But I to this day have never finished San Andreas, and it eats me up inside. The beginning is so dull and I have played through it at least 4 different times, but something always happens that makes me have to restart.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Apparently Secret Ponchos is a multiplayer only game? Giant Bomb played it on an Unprofessional Friday, looked interesting, if the community doesn't disappear.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Picked up NBA2k15 with the black friday deals. Graphics somehow seem worse, too vibrant so players stick out too much and weird lense flares putting spots everywhere. In NBA2k14 it looked like an actual game on the TV as you played because the colors were subdued and whatever filters they used just made it look perfect.

However, the new shot meter is pretty awesome, and overall the actual gameplay feels smoother and easier to control. Running into players doesn't seem as though you hit some solid wall, where in this they seem to find their way around blocks if they can on their own.

Diggin' it. Now they can just merge graphics of 2k14 and the gameplay of 2k15 into 2k16 and it would be cool.

Oh god, I've falling into their sportsball trap.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Feenix posted:

Heads up. Secret Ponchos is up on the store... shows as 14.99 but if you go through to your cart and check out it comes up free (for Plus.)

Looks like Injustice as well! The PS Plus page is still not updated though, had to go manually search for 'em.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Some of the PSN store has updated for today. The Crew is up for purchase but don't buy that game, it sucks. Waiting for Game of Thrones to show up.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
If anyone wants to give Secret Ponchos a shot you should shoot me an invite/request at mattnotgeorge, I haven't checked it out yet but I heard that it really shines when you're playing with a coordinated team. After that blog post by the Awesomenauts game about how hard it is to run efficient matchmaking even in a moderately successful small game (Awesomenauts PS4 gets about 1000+ players during peak hours) I hope there are actually people to play this with!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Some of the PSN store has updated for today. The Crew is up for purchase but don't buy that game, it sucks. Waiting for Game of Thrones to show up.

I'm on the fence for game thrones. Will you give a trip report later?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

I'm on the fence for game thrones. Will you give a trip report later?

I will! I love Game of Thrones, so i'm willing to bite and give it a try. The reviews so far have been positive too.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
This will be my first telltale game.

Will I be fine if I've just watched the show and not read all the books? I have only read the first one, and that's over a year ago.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

goferchan posted:

If anyone wants to give Secret Ponchos a shot you should shoot me an invite/request at mattnotgeorge, I haven't checked it out yet but I heard that it really shines when you're playing with a coordinated team. After that blog post by the Awesomenauts game about how hard it is to run efficient matchmaking even in a moderately successful small game (Awesomenauts PS4 gets about 1000+ players during peak hours) I hope there are actually people to play this with!

Im about to play. I see |V|ALT on in the game too...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

snodig posted:

Will I be fine if I've just watched the show and not read all the books? I have only read the first one, and that's over a year ago.

This is based on the show, but the show follows the book pretty closely, so you are okay. The game uses the t.v. show soundtrack, and all of the actors are in it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I respect and sort of enjoyed the Walking Dead games. (I mean, I know that they are quality...) but I wonder if I will like GoT (huge fan of shows) or Tales from the Borderlands (fairly big fan of the games.)

I mean, the Borderlands one is likely far more upbeat and funny, and the GoT one is, well, GoT.

Gonna wait for some impressions, but... yeah, you know... maybe? :)

[edit] Jesus is there anyone who is NOT going to be Phantom Poncho in Secret Ponchos?!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

snodig posted:

Your in for a treat. (Probably) the make good games.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Well that's one crash to desktop on Secret Ponchos right after character creation... let's see if this is a "thing."

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid
Is it possible to change your psn avatar to a picture jpg you have on your computer?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

lol internet. posted:

Is it possible to change your psn avatar to a picture jpg you have on your computer?

Only for "Real Name Friends," randoms have to see your purchased/chosen PSN avatar.

If they're your Real Name Friend, then you can pick a jpg and upload it through the app, or use your Facebook picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

lol internet. posted:

You need it set as your Facebook picture or use the Playstation phone app. And then only friends will be able to see it, I think they have to be Real Name friends as well.

• Locked thread