Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

mycot posted:

I lost it when he slammed the mother into the ground. This is like a demented skit or something. Also I find it interesting/funny that the mod kills sims without making a corpse or spawning the Grim Reaper.

A different video he made showed a prompt saying that killing Death would prevent ghosts from forming or something. I'm in an airport so I can't find it but I think it's the one with the Mario baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Spaced God posted:

A different video he made showed a prompt saying that killing Death would prevent ghosts from forming or something. I'm in an airport so I can't find it but I think it's the one with the Mario baby.

I saw the full stream that video is from. He ended up killing Death as well. I don't remember what happened after though. I was laughing too hard.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

This Skate 3 glitches compilation/wacky physics bonanza never fails to brighten my day. Sometimes the camera work is just amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaUR6u8nHoM

If you want more, there is a part 2.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 16:50 on Nov 30, 2014

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Mierenneuker posted:

This Skate 3 glitches compilation/wacky physics bonanza never fails to brighten my day. Sometimes the camera work is just amazing.

Skate 3 turns glitches into performance art.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Not exactly a glitch but just ridiculous animation looking funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yZ183-vlwo

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

More gifs

Haruharuharuko has a new favorite as of 07:48 on Dec 1, 2014

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

yyou have no idea what these things do to me

its genuinely physically tiring to laugh this much

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

It's a real-life Dragonball Z fight :allears:

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Are there ways to trigger these kinds of things intentionally? I've played a couple of wrestling games hoping for weird stuff like this to happen and haven't seen any personally, which was a disappointment.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Bart Fargo posted:

Are there ways to trigger these kinds of things intentionally? I've played a couple of wrestling games hoping for weird stuff like this to happen and haven't seen any personally, which was a disappointment.

Don't think so.

It's a by product of canned animations and physics engine weirdness.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
WWE2k15 is like a goldmine of great gifs.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Rhonne posted:

It's like Cena is one of those goats that faint super easy.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Indian wrist burn is no laughing matter.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Someone should really get some MDickie gifs in here.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjjtk6MSxTA&t=191s WWF monster legs and fluid arms look like a good feature

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Lizard Wizard posted:

Someone should really get some MDickie gifs in here.

There are no glitches in MDickie games. When the reused code from the wrestling game that was turned into a prison sim and repurposed as a story about the bible goes wrong and Jesus pulls out a shiv and starts yelling that Mary is about to feel the pain, brother, that's emergent behaviour.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

RandomFerret posted:

There are no glitches in MDickie games. When the reused code from the wrestling game that was turned into a prison sim and repurposed as a story about the bible goes wrong and Jesus pulls out a shiv and starts yelling that Mary is about to feel the pain, brother, that's emergent behaviour.

Counterpoint: post some MDickie gifs please.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Lizard Wizard posted:

Counterpoint: post some MDickie gifs please.

Counterpoint just youtube MDickie. Its glitchless and a nightmare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K20JwSi6QA8&t=693s

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhonne posted:

I love the timing on the ref's animation. Like he wants to make sure he gets a good look at Cena's face hitting the mat and then he doesn't care after that.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Lobok posted:

I love the timing on the ref's animation. Like he wants to make sure he gets a good look at Cena's face hitting the mat and then he doesn't care after that.

Bret Hart isn't a full-time ref, cut him some slack.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

EDIT: I'm an idiot and posted in the wrong thread. Nevermind

spudsbuckley has a new favorite as of 09:44 on Dec 3, 2014

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Meis posted:

yyou have no idea what these things do to me

its genuinely physically tiring to laugh this much

Glad it's not just me that's making sudden loud noises while watching this.

They should never fix this. If it worked properly, it would be dull as poo poo to me.

Something that glitches in humourous ways would be much more entertaining.

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

spog posted:

They should never fix this. If it worked properly, it would be dull as poo poo to me.

Same thing here - I got one of the Skate's hoping to see some freaky weirdness and I can't get it to glitch out! I would pay full price for one of these if there was a guaranteed way to make the bizarre things happen.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Bart Fargo posted:

Same thing here - I got one of the Skate's hoping to see some freaky weirdness and I can't get it to glitch out! I would pay full price for one of these if there was a guaranteed way to make the bizarre things happen.

That's cause you need to play on "Easy" - it tries to autofix some of your lovely riding, making you stick more to stuff and get attracted from rails from a further distance. That's where the wonky physics and bugs come from.
3 is the most broken. The only thing I had when normaly playing was the gravity suddenly deciding to shift to the right cause apparently down was an idea of the past. It did fix itself right after I smacked my face on a pole, and didn't manage to replicate it since.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Kikas posted:

That's cause you need to play on "Easy" - it tries to autofix some of your lovely riding, making you stick more to stuff and get attracted from rails from a further distance. That's where the wonky physics and bugs come from.
3 is the most broken. The only thing I had when normaly playing was the gravity suddenly deciding to shift to the right cause apparently down was an idea of the past. It did fix itself right after I smacked my face on a pole, and didn't manage to replicate it since.

Easy mode, and the world editor that comes with the game. Since the idea is 'You can build your own skate run wherever', it has to take a lot of liberties with the physics that can be easily exploited. Cramming the space inbetween the crane with wood planks, dropping half-pipes on people, and other things he does with the 'heavier' objects.

Also, some of those just take tons of tries.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I don't know if this is :can: but this is why I'm not really all that enthralled with Goat Simulator. It's just not as funny when the glitches are intended but in Skate 3 or wrestling games it's loving amazing because this poo poo ain't supposed to be happening.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Bridge Constructor has some truly hilarious unintended physics bugs, and sometimes these can win the game because you only need to get vehicles across the bridge - neither the bridge nor the cars need to be intact. I'm timestamping this video to one of the funniest parts, but the whole thing is worth a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMBg0j1GGgI&t=105s

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

J.A.B.C. posted:

Easy mode, and the world editor that comes with the game. Since the idea is 'You can build your own skate run wherever', it has to take a lot of liberties with the physics that can be easily exploited. Cramming the space inbetween the crane with wood planks, dropping half-pipes on people, and other things he does with the 'heavier' objects.

Also, some of those just take tons of tries.

Helix has also posted a few vids on how to glitch into certain spots or use objects as a turbo ramp. Dude is a fuckin wizard

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Tracula posted:

I don't know if this is :can: but this is why I'm not really all that enthralled with Goat Simulator. It's just not as funny when the glitches are intended but in Skate 3 or wrestling games it's loving amazing because this poo poo ain't supposed to be happening.

I can understand why, it's got a similar appeal but the context of knowing it's intentionally weird changes things. I still like Goat Sim, but it's more of a novelty than an oddity.

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Kikas posted:

Ah okay, I think I was trying it on #2, but the next time 3 pops up on a sale (I just missed it last week) I'll try this. Thanks!

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Yeah 1&2 don't have that I think

Hardcore is real fun too for actual skating. It's a shame that EA killed the replay servers

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

spog posted:

I think every game with a physics engine should have a crazy mode where it all goes nuts. Warn the player it'll probably make the game unwinnable or crash-prone but let them at it. If you're precious about your game then hide it behind having to complete the game first or something.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tracula posted:

Definitely, this happens even in normal gameplay where I can spend hours doing dumb poo poo in games like Saints Row 4 but the second the game wants me to do that same stuff, just in a more specific manner, I get bored by it. Games just seem more fun when it feels like you, the player, are the one taking control instead of following a guide.

As for actual on-content posting: Last night I ran into one in E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy that I've been trying to replicate because it cracked me up and I need to capture it. Sprinting through a hallway I ran into an NPC who then flipped through the air and imploded. I don't know why, because normally they just step away from you if you run into them. But this guy just flipped up into the air and collapsed in on himself, it was great and I was laughing too hard to grab a screenshot :(.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Dude has got a serious drinking problem.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I get the two animations colliding and causing weirdness, but why does no booze actually go into the glass?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

FredMSloniker posted:

I get the two animations colliding and causing weirdness, but why does no booze actually go into the glass?

Liquids are hard.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Nuebot posted:

As for actual on-content posting: Last night I ran into one in E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy that I've been trying to replicate because it cracked me up and I need to capture it. Sprinting through a hallway I ran into an NPC who then flipped through the air and imploded. I don't know why, because normally they just step away from you if you run into them. But this guy just flipped up into the air and collapsed in on himself, it was great and I was laughing too hard to grab a screenshot :(.

Are you sure this was a glitch? Because I'd believe that anything in E.Y.E. is a feature.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Tracula posted:

Are you sure this was a glitch? Because I'd believe that anything in E.Y.E. is a feature.

It's actually not a glitch! It's a failsafe for when the AI is stuck and can't path. If you can get multiple people on narrow stairs, they will annihilate each other that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh yeah, happens all the time in the temple. There's few things more unnerving than two heavily-armoured cyber samurai trying and failing to pass each other so hard that one of them just explodes. Funnily enough you don't see important NPCs running around much in EYE.