Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I can tell Rei/Zen are starting to hold me back but it feels wrong not to have them in the party :\ (I'm starting Labyrinth 2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I think I miiiight kick it up to hard. I shouldn't have a party finishing a floor at max HP and SP in an EO game

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dexie posted:

Flame Link, Golden Link, Healing Harp, Victory Cry, Return from Yomi, Fire Boost?, Absorb Fire?

Not sure what 'Bifurcated of pike' is supposed to be.

Forked Spear, it gives you a medium chance of getting two normal attacks per turn. That is, if you pick attack, you might get a second attack for free.

Victory Cry is underwhelming since it only restores HP. I rarely find myself losing HP in random battles thanks to Naoto "Murder Machine" Shirogane.

Check out this kickass navigator persona I fused. Money troubles are a thing of the past with this baby:

Safety Prayer lets you safely loot Power Sponges without shadow ambushes. Harvest Prayer and Cornucopia increase the rate of rare materials from P-Spots and give a low chance to gather extra times (I've had up to 8 so far). Hunter Prayer increases the drop rate from shadows, and Alleys of Light restores a little HP with every step taken.

Fortuna doesn't learn any other Navi skills, so don't bother sacrificing anything for her.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vengarr posted:

Forked Spear, it gives you a medium chance of getting two normal attacks per turn. That is, if you pick attack, you might get a second attack for free.

Victory Cry is underwhelming since it only restores HP. I rarely find myself losing HP in random battles thanks to Naoto "Murder Machine" Shirogane.

Check out this kickass navigator persona I fused. Money troubles are a thing of the past with this baby:

Safety Prayer lets you safely loot Power Sponges without shadow ambushes. Harvest Prayer and Cornucopia increase the rate of rare materials from P-Spots and give a low chance to gather extra times (I've had up to 8 so far). Hunter Prayer increases the drop rate from shadows, and Alleys of Light restores a little HP with every step taken.

Fortuna doesn't learn any other Navi skills, so don't bother sacrificing anything for her.

Why have Snake Glare there? Doesn't it only activate if they're the Battle Navi? At very least it activates for me off my Battle Navi, not my Field Navi.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ImpAtom posted:

Why have Snake Glare there? Doesn't it only activate if they're the Battle Navi? At very least it activates for me off my Battle Navi, not my Field Navi.

Until you mentioned that right now I was not aware that setting the field and battle navigators to different people meant they used different skills and I could give them different abilities (I assumed it always used the Field Navigator skills and the battle one was just for voice clips, so just left them to both the same person).

This changes everything.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
the dlc personas are out. holy poo poo, those unique skills.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Inflammatory posted:

the dlc personas are out. holy poo poo, those unique skills.

What do they have?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Prism posted:

Until you mentioned that right now I was not aware that setting the field and battle navigators to different people meant they used different skills and I could give them different abilities (I assumed it always used the Field Navigator skills and the battle one was just for voice clips, so just left them to both the same person).

This changes everything.

I wished they explained this more because I'm at the third labyrinth and I had no loving idea.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anybody get the DLC personas and can say what level they or how much they cost to summon?

also are those personas not in the vanilla game at all? do the dlc ones only appear in the compendium or do they become random drops too

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
I see Kaguya and Orpheus Telos in the Compendium, as well as Thanatos and... some other one. Does that mean I have them, or are they not unlocked until they're fused or whatever?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

ImpAtom posted:

Snake Glare definitely activates off the Field Navi. That's where I've got mine and it works just fine.

ImpAtom posted:

What do they have?

Thanatos has Death's Door, which is a heavy Almighty attack each turn for 3 turns that also carries a high chance of instant death. Orpheus Teleos has Healing Harp, which recovers HP, binds, and ailments for the entire party for 3 turns. Magatsu-Izanagi has Calamity Seed, which is multiple heavy Cut attacks each turn for 3 turns. I havn't had a chance to actually test them out yet to see how good they actually are.

EDIT:

epitasis posted:

anybody get the DLC personas and can say what level they or how much they cost to summon?

Magatsu-Izanagi is level 92 and costs 80,648 after the first time you summon him (first is free like all DLC Personas). Orpheus Teleos is level 26 and costs 26,846. Thanatos is level 70 and costs 61,217. The levels only matter for fusion, though, you can always summon Personas from your Compendium even if they're higher than your level.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 2, 2014

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

ImpAtom posted:

It works on the Field Navi as well. I actually didn't know it would work on the Battle Navi.

Prism posted:

This changes everything.

Oh, totally. Although, I rarely use any Leader Skills except for Healing Breeze and occasionally Purifying Rain. It's still useful to have them for a rainy day.

epitasis posted:

also are those personas not in the vanilla game at all? do the dlc ones only appear in the compendium or do they become random drops too

When you download a DLC persona, you can summon them for free out of the Compendium no matter what level they are. Only once, though.

They're not in the vanilla game, but Orpheus Telos and Kaguya are free atm so there's no reason not to get them. I don't think they appear as random drops or fusion outcomes, and they have certain unique skills that can't be inherited.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
It says Kaguya is out in Europe on the eshop but I can't download it from there. I try the add-on option on the title screen and all it says is that I have the latest update?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vengarr posted:

They're not in the vanilla game, but Orpheus Telos and Kaguya are free atm so there's no reason not to get them. I don't think they appear as random drops or fusion outcomes, and they have certain unique skills that can't be inherited.

Nah, I fused Kaguya before I realized I could have just gotten a free one out of the compendium.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I married the dog. This game really gets me

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

right now i am desperately redoing the last question to try and not get Zen

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

do not fight destiny

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Got Naoto first time cuz I play to win :smugteddie:

Do you get the option to bridal carry everyone? Because I might have to replay the game however many times to see all the outcomes.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Dumb question, but how do I get DLC? The "add-on content" button in main menu tells me I have the latest data already?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Vengarr posted:

Do you get the option to bridal carry everyone? Because I might have to replay the game however many times to see all the outcomes.

All the women get that option, also all the men get less conversation pieces which was disappointing, even Theodore. Additionally you can redo the selection rooms of destiny without replaying the game, just go walk into the first room again.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Iceclaw posted:

Dumb question, but how do I get DLC? The "add-on content" button in main menu tells me I have the latest data already?

just keep pressing a? you should get to the dlc menu after it's done checking everything.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Butt Ghost posted:

Should I play this on hard for the true experience, or is hard just kinda dumb?
You do 20% less damage and the enemy deals 20% more damage. Instant death is still instant death though so you'll still tear through trash if you go that route. I say go for it so you at least get to do stuff on the bosses. It's still pretty easy.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
About to start playing this game, and I'm pretty excited. I've been trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible, but does anyone have any must know advice before I play so I don't mess up any endings or miss anything important?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Inflammatory posted:

just keep pressing a? you should get to the dlc menu after it's done checking everything.

that's the thing, it doesn't: I get a first loading, a pop up saying I have the latest data, another loading, another pop up I can't read, and back to title.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

CubeTheory posted:

About to start playing this game, and I'm pretty excited. I've been trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible, but does anyone have any must know advice before I play so I don't mess up any endings or miss anything important?
Use the hell out of instant death, for the first two dungeons virtually every single thing is weak to light or dark.

Also Poison.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vengarr posted:

Actually no, because there's a hierarchy. :v: From the ones I've seen, Ken and Koromaru are the ones who carry you.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Strange Quark posted:

Actually no, because there's a hierarchy. :v: From the ones I've seen, Ken and Koromaru are the ones who carry you.
And Aigis!

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
TBH I expected the way I answer the questions in the second labyrinth would alter the boss.
Like "One big prize" = HP Sponge boss, "Lots of little prizes" = regenerating minion boss
"My best traits are my conversational skills" = boss uses a lot of magic bind, "Pure heart" - poison, etc. etc.
Instead I got... a four-armed southern baptist? Who was nice enough to coordinate with the menu for his colors.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

theshim posted:

And Aigis!

Zen carries you too.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lunar Suite posted:

TBH I expected the way I answer the questions in the second labyrinth would alter the boss.
Like "One big prize" = HP Sponge boss, "Lots of little prizes" = regenerating minion boss
"My best traits are my conversational skills" = boss uses a lot of magic bind, "Pure heart" - poison, etc. etc.
Instead I got... a four-armed southern baptist? Who was nice enough to coordinate with the menu for his colors.

VOW TO HIM ALL MANNER OF THINGS!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Okay, so Snake Eyes or Snake Glare or whatever it is. Do I need that on my "battle" navigator or my "labyrinth" navigator?

edit: holy poo poo, top of page, I'm a moron. Unfortunately right now it's on my labyrinth navigating persona. :(

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 3, 2014

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I am approximately 60% mad that Labrys is not in this game. Like I get that it's before her time and all but she should be here quipping in her accent and marrying dudes.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wow did I just get into a fight with the barrier trio (+1) from mother 3?

Like holy poo poo they got a attack or two in before I can flee and it was both hilarious and terrifying how much damage they were doing while striking team poses.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

Okay, so Snake Eyes or Snake Glare or whatever it is. Do I need that on my "battle" navigator or my "labyrinth" navigator?

edit: holy poo poo, top of page, I'm a moron. Unfortunately right now it's on my labyrinth navigating persona. :(

Apparently it works on either.

Edit:

Can Golden Link be passed on to other Persona? It feels like nothing can inherit it.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 3, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Anyone know where the Happi is in the 4th maze? I got a quest for it but never triggered a "remember this spot" scene or anything so I have no idea where it is. I'm just kinda aimlessly wandering through the same rooms and not triggering anything that way either.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
If I remember right, it's at the lower right corner with the fire torch. You can use the locked chest to check any place that you haven't checked.

Anyway, what kind of build did anyone give for their P4MU? Got a quest where you had to use him and he's too general to specialize in anything.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Anyone know where the Happi is in the 4th maze? I got a quest for it but never triggered a "remember this spot" scene or anything so I have no idea where it is. I'm just kinda aimlessly wandering through the same rooms and not triggering anything that way either.

it's on floor 2 in d6, you'll need to go through a shortcut in the long 2-space-wide room spanning c6 through e6.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Tired Moritz posted:

Anyway, what kind of build did anyone give for their P4MU? Got a quest where you had to use him and he's too general to specialize in anything.

His stats are moderately high all around, so he can really do pretty much anything. He's the second-fastest in my party (P4MC, Kanji / Aigis, Yukari, Zen&Rei) and has decent Luck, so I have him with Bloody Vanguard, First Star, Mahama, Mamudo, Heat Riser, Dekaja, and Dekunda, plus various elemental physical attacks.

Incidentally, I can confirm that Nulling an element is better in this game than Absorbing it. Nulled attacks don't remove the Boost status, but Absorbed ones do. Unfortunate, Absorb is much easier to get. I don't even think I've seen any actual Null <Element> skills; Runic Shield and Immunity Buffer are the only ways to get them on specific characters and those aren't guaranteed to work.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Prism posted:

This changes everything.

There's one small tradeoff to this: if you're using both navigators instead of having one set to double duty, they'll both gain experience, but at half the normal rate. Getting your preferred battle navi's native skills a little slower is a small price to pay for having access to two sets of navi skills on sub-personas, though.

ImpAtom posted:

Can Golden Link be passed on to other Persona? It feels like nothing can inherit it.

Not as far as I could tell. Some skills seem not to be inheritable -- I've noticed Endure doesn't seem to pass on to anything either. I bet there's something that gets each of those skills as a skill card, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Inflammatory posted:

it's on floor 2 in d6, you'll need to go through a shortcut in the long 2-space-wide room spanning c6 through e6.

Would explain it, haven't figured out how to get through that long room as the two foes rush me and the flame goes out soon after entering the room.

• Locked thread