Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

With some basic tools and mechanical knowledge, you could modify your toaster to NOT eject the bread when it's done. Bam, dedicated side-toaster for grilled cheese, bruschetta, whatever your imagination can dream up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Acne Rain posted:

I found a good lifehack that demonstrates a good way to measure how many people your pasta dick feeds

You'd only need to use it the one time. Best to borrow a friend's

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Or you could just buy a loving toaster oven instead

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
If you don't have a toaster, a dishwasher also works.

IntelligibleChoir
Mar 3, 2009
That one has to be a trap - even without the fun toast-launch mechanism most toasters are like mine in that they have a mechanism for squeezing the toast into the centre of the cavity before they toast. So you'll just end up with melted cheese next to the filaments for subsequent toastings and fun with fire.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I am sorry, but are there even any toasters without a launch function included? While I was shopping in my electronic market I looked around a bit, just for poo poo and giggles, and there was literally not a single toaster that did not throw out the toast once it is done :shrug:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Glumslinger posted:

Or you could just buy a loving toaster oven instead

Also, most ovens have either a separate grill (broiler if you're American, I think?) or a grill mode you can use to the same effect.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

When I was a kid I did use the toaster to make "fried bread" by buttering both sides of frozen bread and putting it into the toaster (not side on mind you).

It...kind of worked and did produce a pale imitation of actually frying slices in a pan. If anything did run off it likely ended up in the crumb tray.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Brainbread posted:

So, the Onion did a series called, "Troublehacking". They covered various topics such as

- Protecting your feet from broken glass
- Clearing white mold from your iphone.
- Opting out of Olive Garden's infinite bread sticks

And

- How to be warmed by blankets

One simple tip from a New York cop. Eurotrash terrorists hate him!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
When you murder a young girl and have sex with or masturbate over the body, use a condom so you don't leave semen that can be traced back to you.
-lifehack

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Michaellaneous posted:

I am sorry, but are there even any toasters without a launch function included? While I was shopping in my electronic market I looked around a bit, just for poo poo and giggles, and there was literally not a single toaster that did not throw out the toast once it is done :shrug:
Our Dualit toaster does not, with the claim that keeping your toast inside the toaster helps it stay warm. It's great for my toast-loving but very forgetful husband.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Goosed it. posted:

So that's 330 calories of oil, plus 70 calories from an egg, plus I'm guess ~200 from the hot chocolate.

Life hack, eat a third of your daily recommended calorie intake in mug cake, and save calories by making the lowest effort cake of all time.

Recipe posted:

Didn't want to throw my nutrition degree out the window, so I made the cake with whole wheat flour, canola oil and sugar-free, calcium fortified hot chocolate. Plus I replaced half the oil with applesauce. Just as delicious!

Totally healthy now. :jerkbag:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

cyberia posted:

I don't know why the whole world seems to struggle with peeling goddamned garlic so badly. You cut the top and bottom off the clove then peel the skin off. It takes seconds per clove and almost no effort but every time I am cooking and someone sees me peeling garlic they trip over themselves to tell me about this One Weird Trick, Chefs Hate It, which is normally to crush the clove with the flat side of your knife before peeling but then I have to spend a magnitude of time longer peeling the skin off the lovely, crushed cloves and then I have a bunch of crushed cloves which I didn't want because I wanted to slice them or cook them whole or whatever.

You're not supposed to crush it, just press down til you hear the skin crack. Then it's peel city and your garlic isn't crushed and you didn't lose any garlic to slicing, and since you don't have moist garlic exposed, you don't get dry garlic skin stuck to the ends. People telling you to go all Of Mice and Men on garlic want to hurt you and your garlic experience.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bunch of scrubs not grinding your garlic with a mortar and pestle.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
Buy precrushed garlic that keeps in a jar and doesn't stink up your fridge. #lifehack

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Megera posted:

Buy precrushed garlic that keeps in a jar and doesn't stink up your fridge. #lifehack

Minced garlic in a jar is great for some things (like making white trash garlic bread) but it definitely doesn't replace fresh garlic in every application.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Become a vampire, never need to worry about cooking with garlic again

#afterlife hack

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

MariusLecter posted:

When you murder a young girl and have sex with or masturbate over the body, use a condom so you don't leave semen that can be traced back to you.
-lifehack

A couple years after I graduated my college faced a huge scandal when they tried to cover up a dude who didn't follow this advice. His defense on the stand was the girl was already dead and he thought she was sleeping when he broke into her dorm room and blew his load on the pillow over her face.

And speaking of college, all this grilled cheese talk makes me think of the time a friend of mine back then thought he was a genius when he tried to use his george foreman grill to make one. He pulled the sandwich out, started walking away with it, and all the melted cheese just poured out the side onto his carpet.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
A while back the local university got in trouble because their cafeteria was caught using their industrial dish washer to clean all the vegetables. Which seems like it was either some highdeas or lifehack logic at work.

Choco1980 posted:

And speaking of college, all this grilled cheese talk makes me think of the time a friend of mine back then thought he was a genius when he tried to use his george foreman grill to make one. He pulled the sandwich out, started walking away with it, and all the melted cheese just poured out the side onto his carpet.

A GF is basically just a panini press so I have no idea how your friend hosed this one up. I do this at least once a week and I have never encountered any sort of molten cheese slough.

El Estrago Bonito has a new favorite as of 11:38 on Dec 3, 2014

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Maybe it was some horrible cheese-product and the oil separated from the milk solids?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Megera posted:

Ugh, please don't.

That is not what "clean" means.

Fun.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

A GF is basically just a panini press so I have no idea how your friend hosed this one up. I do this at least once a week and I have never encountered any sort of molten cheese slough.
I misconstrued this as "girlfriend" and spent all of ten seconds what kind of hosed up requirements you look for in your lady friends.

Be silently judged by your seatmates! #flighthax

Unless you have a food safe syringe handy, you're going to spend three times as long getting the salad dressing in the bottle as you are eating the drat salad. Get these

or go to a site selling bento supplies and get the actual syringe and cute little bottles for like four bucks.

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me
Ahahaha. I used to do similar to this when I was poor and working retail, and required to wear (unsupplied) black shoes that got scuffed pretty quickly. But it was shoes, and not my buttcheek.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

kinmik posted:

Unless you have a food safe syringe handy, you're going to spend three times as long getting the salad dressing in the bottle as you are eating the drat salad.

I have never bought a mio before (seriously just drink some loving water you fat gently caress), but I feel like that bottle has to be the biggest pain in the rear end to clean. mio is just pure syrup in a lovely plastic bottle. You will never get the sugar smell out.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Shwqa posted:

You will never get the sugar smell out.

For these people its not a bug it's a feature.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

zVxTeflon posted:

Wheres the lifehack to help me find a dead dog

Lifehack: kill a dog

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Shwqa posted:

I have never bought a mio before (seriously just drink some loving water you fat gently caress), but I feel like that bottle has to be the biggest pain in the rear end to clean. mio is just pure syrup in a lovely plastic bottle. You will never get the sugar smell out.

kool aid is good and so is mio i am not fat :shrug:

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SaltLick posted:

kool aid is good and so is mio i am not fat :shrug:

Yet.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Shwqa posted:

A while back I was at a friend's dorm, and one of his roommate's friends had one of those Mio things and she would just drink it straight out of the bottle.

Lifehack: who needs water? Just drink the syrup.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

kinmik posted:

Unless you have a food safe syringe handy, you're going to spend three times as long getting the salad dressing in the bottle as you are eating the drat salad. Get these

or go to a site selling bento supplies and get the actual syringe and cute little bottles for like four bucks.

Or go to the trial/travel size section of Target and get a similar bottle (with a wide enough mouth to pour dressing into) for $1.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

There are 0 calories in Mio because it is just "natural flavor with other natural flavors" :stare:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Decrepus posted:

There are 0 calories in Mio because it is just "natural flavor with other natural flavors" :stare:
I think pretty much all of those liquid water flavors are sugar-free and zero calorie. Some may be as high as five calories! Fat fucks, indeed. If Mio and its like were sweetened with sugar, you couldn't fit it in that little container.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Hirayuki posted:

I think pretty much all of those liquid water flavors are sugar-free and zero calorie. Some may be as high as five calories! Fat fucks, indeed. If Mio and its like were sweetened with sugar, you couldn't fit it in that little container.

Just go ask the Brits who are the cultural pioneers of dumping loads of flavored sugar syrup into water. When I visited the UK I was constantly baffled by the people my age there who were constantly ragging on the US for being fat fucks who eat terribly because they would sit around mixing horrendous syrup drinks and eating the fattiest saltpile of lunch foods imaginable.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Just go ask the Brits who are the cultural pioneers of dumping loads of flavored sugar syrup into water. When I visited the UK I was constantly baffled by the people my age there who were constantly ragging on the US for being fat fucks who eat terribly because they would sit around mixing horrendous syrup drinks and eating the fattiest saltpile of lunch foods imaginable.

But Ribena!!!!

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Bunch of scrubs not grinding your garlic with a mortar and pestle.
Bizarrely I just saw a commercial damning the effort involved in prepping garlic and solves your life's ills with a handy dispensable tube of the stuff.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

kinmik posted:

Unless you have a food safe syringe handy, you're going to spend three times as long getting the salad dressing in the bottle as you are eating the drat salad.

Shwqa posted:

If you remove the label you can twist the top off:

...and rinse it out, if you're a :spergin: about potentially getting trace amounts of non-sugar sweetener in whatever else you'd put in the bottle you could probably even get a narrow bottle brush inside of it. I really don't understand the problem behind reusing something that's just going to be thrown out/recycled anyways. However I guess you'd never need to put condiments in a smaller container because you shouldn't eat them anyways - condiments aren't biologically necessary to sustain life functions.

Lifehack: eat a nutritionally-complete yet tasteless paste and drink only water :rolleyes:

Geoj has a new favorite as of 08:47 on Dec 4, 2014

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Geoj posted:

...and rinse it out, if you're a :spergin: about potentially getting trace amounts of non-sugar sweetener in whatever else you'd put in the bottle you could probably even get a narrow bottle brush inside of it. I really don't understand the problem behind reusing something that's just going to be thrown out/recycled anyways. However I guess you'd never need to put condiments in a smaller container because you shouldn't eat them anyways - condiments aren't biologically necessary to sustain life functions.

Lifehack: eat a nutritionally-complete yet tasteless paste and drink only water :rolleyes:

or

Or

OR

You could just buy a loving bottle of salad dressing like a normal human being.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Geoj posted:

Turns out goons are super defensive about their $2.30 small lovely plastic bottles filled with a flavored chemical syrup. :rolleyes:

And yes I did check out how they much cost at my local winco.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Michaellaneous posted:

or

Or

OR

You could just store a loving bottle of salad dressing in your desk at work like a fat human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Shwqa posted:

goons are super defensive

Who knew?!